Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 20, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh I knew it. Eriri would try to spy on Tomoya when he is on out on a date of sorts with Utaha.

Eriri and Megumi had some funny chemistry with Kato always getting the better timing in the conversation between them. Utaha's teasing is still visible but not as much as some of the other episodes. The romance tropes narrated by Tomoya is amusing as he puts a lot of energy into his thoughts.
Apr 20, 2017 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
What part of the LNs have they covered up to at this point?
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Apr 20, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2010
Wow this episode sure managed to hook me in. I was about to leave but I guess I can't. The bro/sis scene was hilarious.
Apr 20, 2017 1:26 PM

Jan 2016
Good episode, i'm still leaning towards the mc x Utaha. Their interactions are just the best and make the episodes alot better!
Apr 20, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2015
Utaha continues to impress me. She's definitely the best for Tomoya imo. Their scenes are just so good and they have perfect chemistry together. The Monogatari reference was funny, Utaha and Tomoya kind of felt like Senjougahara and Araragi lol
Apr 20, 2017 1:53 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Even the show confirms that Megumi is stealing the show. We all know where this will go.

The scene where they looked into the new version of the ending was hilarious in every way. Matsuoka fucking nailed this xD Megumi also with her deadpan remarks.
Apr 20, 2017 2:00 PM
Jan 2016
Loved that Monogatari series reference early on. Also, I wonder if that part about bad live action adaptations was a snipe at the Ghost in The Shell movie. :P
Apr 20, 2017 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
The Utaha and Tomoya interactions was good. It made the episode watchable. The scenes where they look at the alternate ending was amusing. Tomoya loves it.
Apr 20, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
I like how this show is Savage to cliché events on Anime/Novels, and how it goes straight savage with Live-action movies too lmao

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 20, 2017 3:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jack_Corvus96 said:
I like how this show is Savage to cliché events on Anime/Novels, and how it goes straight savage with Live-action movies too lmao

I loved everything about their little date lol....If there's anything these past 2 eps have taught me, its that Utaha is going to have a big role in this season

Apr 20, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
ReguIus said:
Utaha continues to impress me. She's definitely the best for Tomoya imo. Their scenes are just so good and they have perfect chemistry together. The Monogatari reference was funny, Utaha and Tomoya kind of felt like Senjougahara and Araragi lol

ikr, I saw the books she picked out and instantly thought that's monogatari due to their unique look and it's just 100% correct and then I thought "wait... maybe there ARE other series that have a similar binding etc" and then she goes on to straight up say monogatari-series with that Shaft/Araragi-monologue impression.

Too bad the subbers didn't pick up on it
Apr 20, 2017 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

I loved everything about their little date lol....If there's anything these past 2 eps have taught me, its that Utaha is going to have a big role in this season

My thoughts exactly, that finale of their date told me that something big is coming up
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 20, 2017 4:11 PM

Apr 2016
Brynhild said:
What part of the LNs have they covered up to at this point?

This episode 2 covers the first 2 chapters of Volume 5.
Apr 20, 2017 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
I like how they were taking jabs at anime cliches, and the part where they were looking at the new ending Utaha made was also funny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2017 6:04 PM

Apr 2010
Episode 2 and it's already a Utaha-senpai episode!! and what's with the ominous hints that she won't show up anymore just because she finished with writhing the script?! I'll lose 90% of the reason I'm watching this show if that happens..
Apr 20, 2017 6:09 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Voice acting in this episode is top notch! The entire scenario for the second half where the three of them were watching the revised ending written by Utaha-senpai, haha! Wow.. I couldn't stop laughing while listening to Matsuoka's performance. xD Now this reminded me of Petelgeuse talking shit.. >.>

Savage indeed. I even like Utaha-senpai's malicious looking eyes there, lol.
Apr 20, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2014
I can't help but roll my eyes now whenever I hear a character compliment someone's beautiful "porcelain white" skin because it reminds me of how shitty some Easterners are toward people with tans or darker skin. That distraction aside, this was a decent episode. Megumi is easily becoming my favorite. I like how chill she is compared to everyone else.

4/5
Apr 20, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2015
Lol monogatari feels. But dam great episode was expecting some attacks from Utaha-senpai on their date tho.
Apr 20, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2015
I'm sure this will be asked over and over but does anyone know what Utaha mouthed before the train passed her?
Apr 20, 2017 7:30 PM

Jan 2016
Don't leave for Kansai, Utaha Senpai!!
" If always say no, you will never say yes" Ryan Higa
Apr 20, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2015
For a moment, I thought I was watching a different show lol
that monogatari reference was gold

I hope we won't see less of Utaha, but then that would only mean more exposure for the other team members!

Apr 20, 2017 8:28 PM
Jan 2017
Another exciting episode! I don't envy Tomoya's burden: first, he has to decide Utaha's future and then, he has to decide the game's future. Since he has grown to be a dependable leader, it's clear he wants to make everyone happy but that's not gonna be easy, especially with an upcoming rival game hot on their heels. Eriri and Megumi delivered some funny highlights here, and that ending was worth a few giggles as well.
Apr 20, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2014
well the date was something.... I sometimes feel for bad the MC....somtimes
Apr 20, 2017 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
It's at times like this that I'm surprised this circle is able to function.
Apr 20, 2017 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
Another fantastic episode
Interested to see how it goes!
Apr 20, 2017 9:51 PM

Aug 2015
Toadesstern said:
ReguIus said:

ikr, I saw the books she picked out and instantly thought that's monogatari due to their unique look and it's just 100% correct and then I thought "wait... maybe there ARE other series that have a similar binding etc" and then she goes on to straight up say monogatari-series with that Shaft/Araragi-monologue impression.

Too bad the subbers didn't pick up on it

That reference reminded me that I'm seeing the third Kizu movie next week! I literally forgot since I bought the ticket so long ago!
Apr 20, 2017 9:56 PM
Jun 2016
guys, anyone knows about what utaha said in the last scene in train station? so curious about that
Apr 20, 2017 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
I like how they making fun of anime/novel/live-action adaptation tropes. And they poke fun at the fact people calling Utaha a Senjougahara clone lol
Apr 20, 2017 10:18 PM

Mar 2009
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Apr 20, 2017 11:09 PM

Jul 2014
Well the one thing this episode proved; Eriri is one terrible stalker xD
That twintal whiplash on Tomoya was kind of cute tho~
Apr 20, 2017 11:39 PM
Feb 2015
can someone tell me what reference was the movie they watched is it still a LN or a game. thanks
Apr 21, 2017 3:10 AM

Dec 2013
Eriri and Katou are an amusing duo.

Those were some random stories near the end.
Apr 21, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
Man best girl picks good date locations, also love how she was reading monogatari. Also really like how best girl 2 has the house keys haha
It was also funny how not best girl was using her twin tails to attack
Apr 21, 2017 5:06 AM

Feb 2014
If I only paid better attention to the bookstore scene, then I would've spotted Utaha reading one of the Monogatari novels. Imagine if Utaha and Senjougahara hitched up a conversation between each other... =O

Utaha's motive to watching a movie and her reason behind it probably sums up a lot of fan's reaction to recent live-action adaptations recently. She's on point there. Also, the whole group's opinion of they movie they saw differs a bit. Tomoya and Megumi liked it, Utaha thought it was bad, but Eriri loved it to bits.

Speaking of, Eriri's stalking abilities didn't work out for her this time as Utaha send Megumi a text saying that there wasn't any need for them to stalk her and Tomoya during the day. To add to Eriri's misery, Megumi now has a key to Tomoya's house, unlike herself.

Still, her twintail slap at Tomoya was pretty cute to see again though.

Hopefully Tomoya will decide what route should be taken soon, since Izumi's creation is certainly becoming more of a threat to Blessing Software overall. Not only that, but it sounds like their booths at the Winter Comiket will be close to each other, so the competition between them will be fierce.

Great episode overall once again. =)
Apr 21, 2017 5:26 AM

Sep 2014
The script is clearly foreshadowing something, if he picks the first rendition, he lets Utaha go. If he picks the second, Utaha lets him go. No way to win. Utaha ship sunk, I lost this war...
Apr 21, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 2014
The live action bashing was savage, and as always, while the Kirito/Tomoya VA is way overused, he pulls off comedy VOs better than anyone else.

Missed the Monogatari reference the first time (thanks sh**ty Amazon subs) and also still trying to figure out what word was censored (once again, thank you Amazon subs) From what I could tell with my little Japanese, the subs were pretty meh and inaccurate at places.

So far, this season is running circles around S1, and I really enjoyed S1.
Apr 21, 2017 7:17 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode. Even tho Megumi is my favorite character, I would like Aki to end up with Utaha. They would make a great couple, imo. And I don't think Megumi likes him romantically.
This made me tear up tho, I don't want her to go. ;v;

Apr 21, 2017 7:44 AM

Aug 2009
Damn, this episode was really good. The three main girls (and the only girls that matter, the cousin and the red haired girl aren't that interesting) all had great moments. The dialogue was very well written and it definitely held my attention.

Even though I'm a Megumi fan, the true star of this episode was Utaha. She was great in this episode and I sure hope we don't see less of her in this season and because she's already finished the scenario.

But still, I want a Megumi episode.
5/5
Apr 21, 2017 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
Utaha-style of date. Lots of "education" and Reality-talk especially about that Movie part.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 21, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode with all the focus on Utaha, but for the functionality of their Circle I find it rather concerning that Utaha has completely changed the story, and seemingly in a way that - imouto stuff aside - fits the kind of relationship she wants with Tomoya. That sort of selfishness is a worry in that sense, but then again Eriri indirectly does the same thing I suppose. It should make for some interesting drama later if they really pursue that thread, but then with this series who knows what will happen?
Apr 21, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2014
Victorian-Doll said:
Good episode. Even tho Megumi is my favorite character, I would like Aki to end up with Utaha. They would make a great couple, imo. And I don't think Megumi likes him romantically.

Can't say for sure coz the ending song does express her desire to be the main heroine if given the chance
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Mar 2017
I thought I misheard when Utaha said "Monogatari Series" and then they turned to shaft-mode with araragi's inner monologue xD

Samu-tan said:
Even though I'm a Megumi fan, the true star of this episode was Utaha. She was great in this episode and I sure hope we don't see less of her in this season and because she's already finished the scenario.

But still, I want a Megumi episode.
5/5

This
BlueIsLoveApr 21, 2017 10:52 AM
Apr 21, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2016
Atavistic said:
but then with this series who knows what will happen?

People who read the source material, that's who knows. :P

Also, Utaha a best.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Apr 21, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
Victorian-Doll said:

Megumi deserves better. Like, anyone else.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 21, 2017 10:43 AM

Feb 2015
QuattroVaginas said:
Victorian-Doll said:

Megumi deserves better. Like, anyone else.

Agreed, I don't like Tomoya to be honest. He's too bland and sometimes funny (which is rare). All the girls are better characters than him.

Apr 21, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode with some nice one on one time between Aki and Utaha. Finally the game is nearing completion.
Apr 21, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2015
This episode had a lot of hilarious moments, I loved it.

Apr 21, 2017 2:48 PM

Jan 2008
This was a rather boring episode. Shame too considering how much screentime Utaha had and how enjoyable the previous episode and special were. I guess in the end I actually couldn't care less about their game rather just want to see more amusing dialogue and interactions between the characters.

I wonder how Matsuoka facial reactions were when voicing Tomoya during game ending part. He made some pretty dang weird sound effects.
Apr 21, 2017 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
so they went on a date then he stayed home playing an incest game
Apr 21, 2017 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
aikaflip said:
I can't help but roll my eyes now whenever I hear a character compliment someone's beautiful "porcelain white" skin because it reminds me of how shitty some Easterners are toward people with tans or darker skin. That distraction aside, this was a decent episode. Megumi is easily becoming my favorite. I like how chill she is compared to everyone else.

4/5

^^ this is very important. but idk why give utaha so much time early on if we're all going to acknowledge that megumi is endgame?!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

179 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.