Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems that the coup situation is getting even more complicated.

Oh well, at least we got a New Years party. I do find it somewhat amusing that they chose Jean's place to celebrate it. I think episode presented a more lighthearted side of the show. With all the conspiracy going on, it's nice to see a change in mood. Seems like the episode is building up the next case for Jean. Interesting to learn more about his parents.

Stark700Feb 14, 2017 8:32 AM
Feb 14, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, things are getting tense and tense, seems like the next focus will be in the tragedy that occurred in the past, as is hinted in this episode.

I have to say that if this show end up with only 12 episodes i'm gonna go mad
Feb 14, 2017 8:57 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like everybody is after Lotta's attention xD.

Halfway in and the episodes don't seem like they'll pick up the pace anytime soon, I'm kinda getting bored of the same snail pace this anime is going, I hope it picks up soon.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 14, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2015
Things are slowly building up. Jean is starting to feel some pressure, and I wonder where Mauve fits in all of this.

Oh and it was cool to finally see what happened to the Jean's parents, sad.
Feb 14, 2017 9:02 AM

Feb 2016
hmm.... the theory about Jean to be related to the king might be true cuz if he is then the special cigarettes he receives in each district and him being in the coup d'etat naturally make sense
Feb 14, 2017 9:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
jenkk said:
hmm.... the theory about Jean to be related to the king might be true cuz if he is then the special cigarettes he receives in each district and him being in the coup d'etat naturally make sense
I'm willing to bet anything that it is true....I'm guessing that the woman in the painting is Jean's mom that died in the train crash
Feb 14, 2017 9:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think we can confirm now that Jean and and her sister are of royal blood seeing the portrait of the woman on the wall (likely the deceased mother).

I'm not sure if anything's gonna happen, we got the confirmation of their parents death but i still think that this show will stay on this level of ''action'', not that i mind it.

Everyone speaking in riddles, now Mauve has joined this party, too. Judging by the next episode's title, we should get at least one revelation.
Feb 14, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Got to learn more about Jean and Lotta. It's sad to know their parents died in a train accident. Grossular played a major role in the aftermath. The coup d'etat situation is getting more complicated. The Hare District looks nice. It's so tropical.
Feb 14, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, lot of buildup.

That conversation with Grossular at the beginning was nice. :3
Muave's decided to move as well regarding the whole coup issue.

Everyone wants Lotta's attention. xD I like her too. :P

Agree with everyone above that it's highly likely that Jean and Lotta are probably of royal blood.

Next episode should be really good, expecting some good revelations.
Feb 14, 2017 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
wow,we got more info but i still have so many questions and i am so excited for the next episode!

i like Grossular
Feb 14, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
jenkk said:
I'm willing to bet anything that it is true....I'm guessing that the woman in the painting is Jean's mom that died in the train crash

probably; And that's where the prince's attention for Lotta comes from
Feb 14, 2017 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
Jean and Lotta of royal blood? I hadn't thought about that.. but I guess it could make sense. that subtle painting of a girl with blond hair though
And I guess if you connect what the guy said, something along the lines of "not liking their family to leave their district." So if the mom left the district, maybe she was disowned? Idk.. It would make sense, BUT why would no one tell Jean and his sister..? That doesn't add up. Maybe because their last names are different now?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 14, 2017 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
Zelev said:
Jean and Lotta of royal blood? I hadn't thought about that.. but I guess it could make sense. that subtle painting of a girl with blond hair though
And I guess if you connect what the guy said, something along the lines of "not liking their family to leave their district." So if the mom left the district, maybe she was disowned? Idk.. It would make sense, BUT why would no one tell Jean and his sister..? That doesn't add up. Maybe because their last names are different now?

do you really think Jean is not aware of it? Lotta was too young when it happened but not Jean, he's smarter than that
Feb 14, 2017 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
Smudy said:
I think we can confirm now that Jean and and her sister are of royal blood seeing the portrait of the woman on the wall (likely the deceased mother).

I'm not sure if anything's gonna happen, we got the confirmation of their parents death but i still think that this show will stay on this level of ''action'', not that i mind it.

Everyone speaking in riddles, now Mauve has joined this party, too. Judging by the next episode's title, we should get at least one revelation.

I am thinking of this for last 2 or 3 eps. Now it is even more obvious. And mysterious appartment landlord is either the king himself or his majordome.
Feb 14, 2017 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
Quite a lot of casual revelations. They really reveal the most crucial things just like that.
1. I am sure the Privy Counsel president Qvalum is the mysterious landlord providing Jean and his "sister" with the property. He despises the current royalty and might use Jean and Lotta for his yet unknown purpose. He is also the one phoning Grossular with his orders and probably his family had something to do with the coup 100 years ago.
2. I doubt Jean is of royal blood, but it is obvious his unrelated sister Lotta is. There must have been *something* that made Jean a step-brother to her. We can not even tell whether he knows it or otherwise knows it is not true. Everything is revealed in a clever sequence.
3. The portret little Prince despises must be someone related to the Falke the Emperor, and the girl looks exactly like Lotta does now. She must have been Lotta's mother and most probably Lotta is an officially non-existing relative of Falke. Some know (Qvalum), some suspect (Prince), but stay tuned. The prince also must be afraid of not receiving his throne due to her and entitled authority, but he could not be that simple could he...
4. Bonus. Looking at what kind of cups are located on the map of Dówa in the opening sequence can give some hints on the motives of each of 5 Big Heads of ACCA.
4.1. Grossular has the least exquisite cup - a simple cup made of clay. He is most likely got mad over the incident with the train and started following Qvalum because he promised "A better future for the Dowa and ACCA". Not a villain.
4.2. Lillium has the most exquisite cup - with blue colours. The core is blue. Lillium is an honest politician (wow) and does not intend to screw anyone over, just the bad guys. He is a good guy and as he said an ally of Jean.
4.3. Suprisingly, Spade has the central cup - pure white. He might be just there for the thrill of it, and while he seems tricky by nature he is not a threat to the good guys.
4.4. What I certainly did not expect - which is a well done trick while the most simple and obvious people are, in fact, the most hideous villains. Payne has pure dark cup. Whatever he is planning, it ends badly for most of Dówa.
4.5. And the most elegant, Pastis, has a mixed cup - one after the other dark-white circles ornament. He is probably NOW a coup supporter, but throughout the series (which I hope lasts for a year) he will become less and less oblivious that he is supporting the "bad" guys. Core of his cup is white.
Re:formed
Feb 14, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
I like that aside all that tense coup rumours atmosphere we have Lotta's harem. It is so funny XD

And yeah, Lotta may be from royal blood. Maybe that portrait its hers? Like, what she would look like if she was still there? Or it is her mom that it's just like her...That's why that prince said that he wanted to hang his portrait there so the king could look to his true heir. It seems that the king likes to sit there and look at the portrait.
(A reaaaally subtle hint is that Lotta loooooves sweets exactly like the king and in the opening sequence there is a blonde woman with a blond child...who knows)

This show has so much going all, I love it!

I wonder what Mauve is plotting.

Feb 14, 2017 11:20 AM
Mar 2016
This seems to look like Muave vs Glossnar kind of thing, I still don't get as to where Jean fits in this Coup De Etat thingy.
Feb 14, 2017 11:30 AM
Apr 2016
Whoahoho said:
This seems to look like Muave vs Glossnar kind of thing, I still don't get as to where Jean fits in this Coup De Etat thingy.

That might be the thing. Jean has nothing do with the whole story as a character. He just happens to be a "brother" to Lotta and as a result he became ACCA's Inspector. There could be exactly anyone instead of him, the story would still unravel around him and everyone else. Him being "expendable" can also be supported by his almost complete lack of character. Which would change throughout the series.
Re:formed
Feb 14, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
i'm just waiting for "next heirs" face when he realizes jean is next :D

jean feeling bad for being useless ;-;

Feb 14, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2016
Things seem to be getting more tense and more complicated.

Jean on the other hand is the coolest cat around, absolutely nothing bothers him. He just keeps doing his thing like everything is normal.
Feb 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
Groshular seems like a good guy and Mauve being cold as hell once she didn't get anything from jean :'(
The new district has long life expectancy and happy people :)

Jean's parents that died might be royalty in the train and another accident that happened 33 years ago too.

Feb 14, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2016
Remember Nino said he has been spying on Jean for 30 years? Now we find out a tragedy occured 33 years ago... is that a connection?
Feb 14, 2017 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
ButadonMeitante said:
Remember Nino said he has been spying on Jean for 30 years? Now we find out a tragedy occured 33 years ago... is that a connection?
Okay now I'm more confused about the characters' ages -.-
No seriously.
Feb 14, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2015
Hmm, a lot of things were made clear in this episode. That was pretty interesting.

Feb 14, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2015
I just don't get what people see in this show...
Feb 14, 2017 5:16 PM

Apr 2016
Well I like the amount of speculation going on in this thread. Usually a sign that a show's doing something right, even if the series isn't really doing anything to make me love it.
Feb 14, 2017 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
ghostreconspart said:
To each their own, and different strokes for different folks. I'm curious tho, what are some of the major flaws or inconsistencies that you've noticed from your mindset?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 14, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
gust11 said:
ghostreconspart said:
To each their own, and different strokes for different folks. I'm curious tho, what are some of the major flaws or inconsistencies that you've noticed from your mindset?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some people may not like this show because this show is so subtle (and I mean very subtle) on delivering information as it chugs along. At surface it seems like nothing much is happening, but keen-eyed viewers can see that a truck ton of stuffs are happening at a break neck speed by the minutes.

I personally love it. Every scene and every dialogue is like a clue to what's really going on, and trying to piece it all together is joyful. I feel like... it sort of reminds me of hunting for the lore in Dark Souls series, gathering clues from item descriptions and cryptic dialogues here and there to form a cohesive lore.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 14, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
venn2009 said:
gust11 said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some people may not like this show because this show is so subtle (and I mean very subtle) on delivering information as it chugs along. At surface it seems like nothing much is happening, but keen-eyed viewers can see that a truck ton of stuffs are happening at a break neck speed by the minutes.

I personally love it. Every scene and every dialogue is like a clue to what's really going on, and trying to piece it all together is joyful. I feel like... it sort of reminds me of hunting for the lore in Dark Souls series, gathering clues from item descriptions and cryptic dialogues here and there to form a cohesive lore.
That's my opinion as well. Part of the success of a series lies in how well it can spark interests and discussions. I think ACCA does a pretty good job, and they not only give subtle hints about subplots, they literally just say important and crucial things in a nonchalant, mundane way so some people miss this information because it's stated in such s matter-of-fact way. I just love seeing the plot develop and the characters change throughout.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 15, 2017 12:15 AM

Jul 2012
I can see why not many people are not fond of this show. As said above everything is given to you in subtle hints that you really need to be looking for. The show on the outside seems very slow paced but I like that about the show because of need to be keeping an eye out to see what's really going on. The show isn't going to appeal to all but one thing is for sure. Once we know the ending of this show we are going to be able we to rewatch it and see so much more then we saw before.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Feb 15, 2017 12:33 AM

Apr 2016
ghostreconspart said:

All the unanswered questions?

It seems Jean likes Mauve, who respects Groshular, who suspects Jean. Groshular seemed like the main antagonist but now we learn he is maybe a good guy interested in the people's well-being? Is jean on the good side? Why is he monitored since "birth"? Why does he receive cigarettes for free? How does he work with the business men from his house? Is he corrupt?
Lilium seems nice but is an antogaonist to Groshular? So where does he stand?
Nino was the best friend, then a Spy for Groshular, and now, is he with Jean? Is he still with Groshular? Is he with both? Is he working for someone else? How can he be monitoring Jean since 30 years if he is the same age as Jean (they were in the same school) (I got spoiled about this one though)
The two other possible antagonists are the prince and the king's counselor? Is the prince just an idiot in the game? The reason for the future coup d'etat? What are the prospects of the people living in this region one hundred years behind because of the noblesse?
What happened 33 years ago in the royal family? Is it related with Jean and his sister?
And ... who is ploting this coup d'etat? Why?
As for the ships : Will jean sleep with Mauve or with Eider at the end? Who will get the sister : Nino, Maggie, Rail, nobody : she is an bread-eating angel who will marry the baker?

The story is written like a good book (so far). It's all intrigue zero action (so far). It's nice for curious people and the characters aren't dumb teenagers anymore. The people enjoying this show are probably older than usual.

And the amount of spoilers in the forum isn't too big, it's still worth watching.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 5, 2017 2:52 PM
Feb 15, 2017 2:22 AM

Dec 2015
This is getting more and more interesting. An excellent episode with interesting dialogues between Groshular and Jean and Groshular and the other guy (Lilium).

We still don't know more ... only more and more questions. At least a bit of Jean's past and that accident.

I guess the truth about the coup will only get revealed in the last 2-3 episodes where all the pieces might connect together then.

Mauve seems suspicious as well. The prince seemed more capable this episode. (The way he talked at the end.) He might just play the incompetent fool that only wants to succeed his grandfather for power.

Edit: I have not paid attention to the portrait stuff and Lotta's possible connection to the previous emperor - like someone mentioned above in another post. Might be a hint as well for the prince only acting/playing stupid while he is more intelligent and has deeper/secret plans.
Feb 15, 2017 3:55 AM

Mar 2016
I'm happy that my theories are making some sense.

Zelev said:

No, IIRC the prince said that they are not allowed after the accident, not before that.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Quite a lot of casual revelations. They really reveal the most crucial things just like that.
1. I am sure the Privy Counsel president Qvalum is the mysterious landlord providing Jean and his "sister" with the property. He despises the current royalty and might use Jean and Lotta for his yet unknown purpose. He is also the one phoning Grossular with his orders and probably his family had something to do with the coup 100 years ago.
2. I doubt Jean is of royal blood, but it is obvious his unrelated sister Lotta is. There must have been *something* that made Jean a step-brother to her. We can not even tell whether he knows it or otherwise knows it is not true. Everything is revealed in a clever sequence.
3. The portret little Prince despises must be someone related to the Falke the Emperor, and the girl looks exactly like Lotta does now. She must have been Lotta's mother and most probably Lotta is an officially non-existing relative of Falke. Some know (Qvalum), some suspect (Prince), but stay tuned. The prince also must be afraid of not receiving his throne due to her and entitled authority, but he could not be that simple could he...

I like your "cup" theory although I don't know if it's right. The opening give us many hints.
Tbh, your 3 first topics makes more sense. I do think that Jean is a total or even an half-brother too. Besides, this will make the surname thing and why they are unaware more reasonable; maybe Jean inherited from his father the habit of being the pivot :v.. Also, Jean's father may be the reason of why the woman has been disinherited or whatever.

Yeah, after the 5th episode I don't think that the prince is interested in her as a woman. I guess that when he saw her, he remembered the portrait from 10 years ago, felt some suspicion and then came with the "I need to put my portrait" excuse just to make things more clear.
KenboyFeb 15, 2017 2:19 PM
"[...]I have to admit I'm not a big anime fan. Most anime that makes it over here seems to be either about schoolgirls with supernatural powers who battle evil, or adolescent boys who - for some convoluted reason - wind up having to pilot big giant robots...although, today, you just need to put some boobs or harem and fantasy and it'll be 10/10."
Feb 15, 2017 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
The Prince mentioned an incident happening relating to the Royal family 33 years ago and Crow mentioned a few episodes back about spying on Jean for 30 years and I don't think that's a mere coincidence. Jean is clearly related to the Royal family in someway. He might be a part of a conspiracy(unknowingly of course) to succeed the King instead of the entitled Prince seing how the Prime Minister dislikes him.
Augustus15Feb 15, 2017 5:08 AM
Feb 15, 2017 6:53 AM
Aug 2014
This episode was wonderful, providing us with little hints to what's really going on.

It seems Mauve is making the first few moves against the Coup d'état. Otus is in hot water with her after he's discovered zilch about this Coup, so now he's desperately searching for information to please her. This is interesting though as we see Mauve is acting against what Grossular/The Council of 5, want from her. Mauve sure is a hard worker.

I think it's quite clear to see that Grossular is involved in this whole Coup, he's got far too much suspicion surrounding him although he may be the red herring. For all we know he could be working with the Privvy Council in order to stop the Prince from becoming King as fast as possible, as they both know he'll ruin everything.

Regarding this whole speculation to whether or not Jean and his sister are royal blood; There's a few hints regarding this of course, Nino watching Jean thirty years ago which would've taken place after the "incident." That stopped women and children being able to leave the district. Said incident may have been the former coup. Another hint may be the mysterious man that Jean has never met, who may be the leader of the Privvy Council, watching over the two.

We got a hint to what Jean gets up to often, and he seems to have his fingers dipped into quite a few business people's waters. This may link to the man who we say at the beginning of the first episode, who offered Jean a cigarette, though we didn't see the man there at the party.

There's a lot more things going on in this episode that I could pick out, but I doubt anyone wants to read my speculations on the matters at hand.
Feb 15, 2017 7:24 AM
Nov 2016
To be fair, this episode was light-hearted as compared to the other episodes. There were some complex things happening. Mauve's feelings for Jean seem to be confusing, up until now, it was sort of evident that she liked him, but now, not so much.

The Coup situation is getting more and more complicated with each episode...... Let's see what happens in the next episode.
Feb 15, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
well I have to say..that this episode showed a little back story drop... pretty interesting as to what may happen next.
Feb 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2016
This show is slowly winning me, I am more hooked ep by ep, thing is, maybe I just needed to get used to this setting to truly enjoy this
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 15, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
I think the "tragedy" might be Jean and Lotta's mother falling in love with a commoner and having children.

The major domo then placed a young Crow in Jeans life and as Crow grew older the Major Domo slowly informed him what his life job would be (watching out for Jean and Lotta).

The train accident was 13 years ago and the mother died.

My only question is if the king knows about Jea and Lotta. I suspect he does and that is why Crow is constantly taking pictures of them so that he can give them to the King.
Feb 17, 2017 12:42 AM
Jan 2017
Quite different from the other episodes. Its slowly moving the story forward; but with another 6 episode, I don't think they will be able to wrap it all up (Though I want it to).
P.S:- I think that Otus family is quite important to the plot (I maybe wrong)
Feb 17, 2017 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
Ah, finally the plot thickens.
Feb 19, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
Is it just me or is this fan an optical illusion? The blades are all on top of each other. Like those paintings of never ending stairway steps.

A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Feb 21, 2017 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
I just looked at the members and am saddened to see this series doesn't have as many viewers as other series for this season :(

Anyway, we finally get to see Knot's wife and kids. I'm assuming that's the wife who 'ran away' or a new mommy/wife.

I can understand why people would be bored with the show. I was unimpressed with the first episode but I stuck through because that's what I do. I RARELY drop a show unless it shows potential. Also, different folks, different strokes.
臭い-
Feb 21, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2016
there so many thing going on in this anime my brain cant keep up .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 22, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2016
Vindicater said:
I think the "tragedy" might be Jean and Lotta's mother falling in love with a commoner and having children.

The major domo then placed a young Crow in Jeans life and as Crow grew older the Major Domo slowly informed him what his life job would be (watching out for Jean and Lotta).

The train accident was 13 years ago and the mother died.

My only question is if the king knows about Jea and Lotta. I suspect he does and that is why Crow is constantly taking pictures of them so that he can give them to the King.

Pretty damn close so far though looking like Jean and Lottas parents are likely a royal guard.
Feb 22, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative time is also a soup of interesting situations and mysteries that, in my opinion, will make the story interesting, when will be revealed; one of these is to know, who is the owner of the building in which he lives Jean and her sister, the other is the incident mentioned by the prince, there is a link between the train accident narrated above or is it just a my guess due to the fact that there is still no light on the matter, we shall see. One other thing that makes me think it is because Otus travel so much, at first seemed to issues related to the coup, now I have doubts, such as the transfer of the failure; really tangled history, fascinating!
I did not think Jean was a little pimp.
Feb 23, 2017 5:37 AM

Mar 2013
So who's the woman shown with Knot and his kids? Didn't he mentioned that his wife ran away?

It was decent episode.
Feb 23, 2017 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
still another stale episode and every one is weary of the impending coup de etat
Grossular is definitely involved and on to something!
4/5.

Mar 19, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode, and this episode had a fantastic OST
Mar 29, 2017 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
My curiosity is eating at me.... I really have zero inkling of what's about to happen which is a first for me especially after all the hints about something big coming up.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2017

89 by fast2611 »»
Feb 1, 3:11 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2017

116 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

200 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:37 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

143 by Netbug »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.