Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 17, 2016 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh well...that's a bit of the running into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nice episode though. I feel kinda bad for Atra...
I admire her loyalty though.

I think she deserve a lot more than being psychologically played with. Looks like Aina may be running into a bit of trouble herself soon too D:
Stark700Jan 17, 2016 1:30 AM
Jan 17, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
fuck...next episode fumitan will be.....nooooooooo my new favoirte character for doujins.
Jan 17, 2016 3:04 AM

Nov 2009
Mika you sly master of mixed messages! You kiss one, and you carry on your shoulder and do this

to the other. So which one is it in the end!

Oh boy, McGuillis in that mask was, ah... I don't know, I burst out laughing for some reason. And how does he even see anything when the eye shutters of that mask are closed?

Well, at least Kudelia now knows the truth about Nobliss Gordon and Fumitan. Fumitan's chances to survive never looked good to begin with, but now they're looking even more bleak, especially with her "Sayonara" in the preview...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 17, 2016 3:05 AM
Aug 2015
baoxiang008 said:
fuck...next episode fumitan will be.....nooooooooo my new favoirte character for doujins.

Really? She's favorite for doujin?
Anyway, I guess Fumitan really is gonna bite the dust next week. That title, and that last scene in the preview.
Which will mark the first significant death in the show.

Also, Masked man (or chocolate man?) is really like the legacy EU Darth Vader here, trying to start a revolution against his own masters.

By the way, you know the dialogues are brilliant when you have the Captain complaining about working on his daughter's birthday.
Ken_ChenJan 17, 2016 3:09 AM
Jan 17, 2016 3:08 AM
Aug 2015
CG said:

Oh boy, McGuillis in that mask was, ah... I don't know, I burst out laughing for some reason. And how does he even see anything when the eye shutters of that mask are closed?

Yeah, I question the practicality of the closing eye piece thing.
Jan 17, 2016 3:38 AM
Aug 2012
So, Biscuit is 16 years old. Been curious about the ages of all the characters. Next episode don't look too good for Fumitan, anything can happen.
Jan 17, 2016 4:26 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode. I felt bad for Atra after getting beat up by those guys.
Jan 17, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2015
Ken_Chen said:
CG said:

Yeah, I question the practicality of the closing eye piece thing.
my thoughts as wellXD
Plus, what are his motives exactly??
Jan 17, 2016 4:31 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin intense!! Amazing ep. So much going on at the same time. So much respect for poor Atra. I guess her getting used to abuse from childhood helped quite a bit...
Glad she's okay now. And from the pv...her ship is about to sail. Honestly don't mind. Really loving her a lot <3

ChocoChar just had to come and expose Fumitan having Kudelia go search for her. No breaks on this train huh? ^^; From a problem to the other. F***! Fumitan's character development was awesome too. Dat pv tho...

And speaking of character development so was Biscuit's.

Loved Mika's observation when he was talking to Fumitan "I usually can't see what ur thinking but now I can" so ur suspicious XD And his face when he saw Atra beat up was awesome. Those soldiers should thank their god for being saved from whatever shit Mika would've put them thru if he had time XD

F***N Naze. Everyone's in all kinds of shit and he's there having his harem flirting with him...

From the PV seems like Akihiro will get the AV system?? Damn!
Jan 17, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode so muh going on I loved it and atra>kudelia by miless!
Btw did I miss something? Whos was the one who helped mika in the alley?
Jan 17, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode. Atra telling the Gjallhorn that she's Kudelia takes a lot of courage.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 17, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2015
Rise the Death Flag ;-;
Jan 17, 2016 4:51 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Damn.....Atra is a one tough loli for a normal little girl who doesn't have any powers......I like her more than before now.

Kudelia looked good on that hairstyle.

So who was that Char clone? Was he Fareed wearing gray wig? Or a completely different person?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 17, 2016 4:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The death flags rises

Everything is pretty much out in the open now with Fumitan and Biscuit's brother and I must say that I felt really bad for Biscuit, Kudelia and the MVP Atra for taking that beating like a boss

Shit is offcially hitting the fan and the suspense is killing me now lol....Chocolate Aznable is on the move and he's actually trying to instigate shit lol but also we now know that the next Gundam is in the hands of his best friend =o

Overall, great episode filled with tons of intense moments and it looks like Mika and Atra are gonna have a sweet moment together.....Also I died at the part on the Turbines ship when all of the girls pretty much said that they miss dat Naze D lol
TokoyaJan 17, 2016 5:51 AM
Jan 17, 2016 4:59 AM
Dec 2015
I loved this episode. Atra is amazing, she takes a lot of courage to said she is Kudelia. I loved also the speaks of her and Kudelia about family. It seems that she and Kudelia will begin a family with Mika xD

I loved Fumitan talking to Mika that he is charged with Kudelia, and he knows that, just as it has with Atra.

I noticed that Kudelia already have Tekkadan as a family. God, I was looking forward to it. All Tekkadan need is political force to fuck with all Gjallahorn.

In the next episode things look like they will go wrong. I hope no one dies!
Jan 17, 2016 5:02 AM
Dec 2015
RayAdha said:
Damn.....Atra is a one tough loli for a normal little girl who doesn't have any powers......I like her more than before now.

Kudelia looked good on that hairstyle.

So who was that Char clone? Was he Fareed wearing gray wig? Or a completely different person?

I agree with you xD
And is really Macky the Char clone!
Jan 17, 2016 5:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Atra, wow. Respect for saying that and taking the beating! :O

Fumitan's death flag is at high point now, there's like no chance, she will stay alive.
Jan 17, 2016 5:55 AM

Aug 2014
Come on, we all know Kudelia is the Main girl in Mika's Harem, everyone knows that. Anyways, this episode was interesting that came with a lot of backstabbing-san. Of course, who is the masked man? is it chocolate/pedo man? Furthermore, Mika just showed us the basics of being a badass
Jan 17, 2016 6:26 AM

Sep 2013
Atra, my angel taking a beating for that useless oujo even though it was all for naught because she still left the damn hotel gfdi ;-; You did well.

Fumitan was so on point though. Kudelia has hope because she knows nothing of the real world. WHY IS SHE DOING THIS MOVEMENT? I CRY.
Jan 17, 2016 6:33 AM
Dec 2015
minnydesu said:
Atra, my angel taking a beating for that useless oujo even though it was all for naught because she still left the damn hotel gfdi ;-; You did well.

Fumitan was so on point though. Kudelia has hope because she knows nothing of the real world. WHY IS SHE DOING THIS MOVEMENT? I CRY.

Because she don't believe on Macky's words. She believe on Fumitan's loyalty.
Jan 17, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2014
Another GODLY episode. The only thing missing was Mika getting crazy on these dipshits that beat Atra. Biscuit's brother is a complete asshole. I believe that the masked guy is McGillis.
Jan 17, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Atra to pretend as Kudelia. >.<

Fumitan Admoss is the title of the next episode. >.< I feel like she is going to die.

And dat preview of Mikazuki holding Atra's face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
Atra is a total badass
Jan 17, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
I feel like Kudelia is the worst revolutionary in Gundam history at this point. I know they can't all be Relena Peacecraft, but at this point she's not even Marina Ismail.

It's not just that she has no real indication of how things work, but also her "resolve" is constantly shaken. Almost every episode that features her has some B-story where she has her resolve shaken and then "restored" by the end of the episode.

Like, give me a break.

by the end of the show, Tekkadan will end up being the true revolutionaries and Kudelia will take their credit.
trinitytigerJan 17, 2016 7:13 AM
Jan 17, 2016 7:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I have newfound respect for Atra. She's truly one of Tekkadan. I hope Mikazuki goes medieval on Gjallahorn next episode.

The invitable Char clone makes his appearance.

You gotta give it to this show. We finally get to see someones backside and it's that of a 60 year old fat villain.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 17, 2016 7:14 AM

Jun 2010
This episode gave me a new impression about the elder brother.
its not that he's a rat. just that he doesn't want those he knew from the slums to die for what he sees as a pointless reason.
its not that he's been brainwashed just that he's a coward that rather bows his head to power rather than fight.

shout out to Mika, thats how you manage a harem damn it.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 17, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
It wouldn't be a Gundam series without a masked villain

Jan 17, 2016 7:22 AM
Dec 2015
trinitytiger said:
I feel like Kudelia is the worst revolutionary in Gundam history at this point. I know they can't all be Relena Peacecraft, but at this point she's not even Marina Ismail.

It's not just that she has no real indication of how things work, but also her "resolve" is constantly shaken. Almost every episode that features her has some B-story where she has her resolve shaken and then "restored" by the end of the episode.

Like, give me a break.

by the end of the show, Tekkadan will end up being the true revolutionaries and Kudelia will take their credit.

I'll wait for the end of the series to give a verdict on Kudelia. There is still much to develop on her. You have to understand that Kudelia is a rich girl who lived in a cage, away from the sad reality that most children of Tekkadan lived, so only now she has them as family is that she is living and learning about how much can be cruel the world in which she lives.

I hope she ends up turning into a Berah Ronah/Cecily Fairchild, and as Mikazuki's wife, for sure.
Jan 17, 2016 7:31 AM

Feb 2014
And Fumitan raises her flag.... A~h, I already miss the old OP (;.;)
Jan 17, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2014
Best dialogue of the episode if not all the current episodes.

Mika: "What happened?"

Fumitan: "What do you mean?"

Mika: "Usually, I don't know what you're thinking. But I can tell you're thinking about something."

Fumitan: "No, it's nothing. It's just that... I was thinking about responsibility. It's something that comes along with any action."

Mika: "That's expected for your own actions. It's the same as Orga saying do things honorably."

Fumitan: "You're right. You must take responsibility yourself. That goes for me... And you."

In this conversation, Fumitan is talking about a few things.

1. Her responsibility for keeping Aina safe as Aina's servant.
2. Her mission to assist in Aina's assassination as Nobliss Gordon's spy.
3. And she's also talking to Mika about kissing Aina and to take responsibility for his actions.

Very deep, and I think both Fumitan and Mikazuki were better developed as characters. You can really see Fumitan's inner struggle, yet she still has the time to "scold" mika for making aina so flustered.
DemonSageJan 17, 2016 7:56 AM
Jan 17, 2016 7:59 AM
Oct 2010
Don’t know how to put this nicely, but I really wished that Mikazuki could have whooped those dastards. Hopefully next time a Tekkadan member has a family reunion, it will be without someone suffering.

OrangeJP said:
It wouldn't be a Gundam series without a masked villain

Macky seems to have a playful side to him.
Do masks hold some certain kind of meaning in Gundam universe or it is just tradition to have one? I'm not familiar with the franchise. Gjallarhorn soldiers’ helmets seem to be similar to masks too in their design. Although, for them it’s probably just to make animation easier.

"You can not truly become adult", was it? What could have he meant by that...
ManotenJan 17, 2016 10:04 AM
Jan 17, 2016 8:01 AM

Feb 2015
Fumitan flag is at it's peak.

Next week shall be yet another good episode..

Also mad points for Atra as she stepped up big time. She better get a kiss for all that lol
Jan 17, 2016 8:38 AM
May 2012
Just some quick ramblings about what's going on...

If I understood it correctly (judging from Biscuit's line), the cargo from GN Trading (GN Trading - Gordon Nobliss Trading aka Kudelia's sponsor) was requested to be delivered by Teiwaz? If so, was Teiwaz using Tekkadan? Fumitan was the one who brought them in to the ship... so is it possible that there's this?

Gordon Nobliss -> Teiwaz -> Fumitan

Can't help but be suspicious about Teiwaz, I think it's not possible that they themselves don't know the contents of the cargo...
Jan 17, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
That was a great episode, Atra really took one for the team #respect.

Mika being a badass, Managed to sneak in and resuce Biscuit and Atra.

Our Char-wannabe has started making the plays, Wonder what he plans on doing xD

Next episode looks even better.
Jan 17, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
The new opening is even better the second time hearing it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
Arturio said:

Indeed, I am warming up to it considerably. Even though Raise Your Flag was great, I can appreciate the new OP. It fits the show in a different way.
Jan 17, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2014
Arturio said:

Blue Encount do a good job with it, my only problem is that the new ED can't live up to ORPHAAAAANS NAMIDAAAAAA and it's glorious fade in.

I'm impressed they had the balls to show Atra getting beaten the shit out of on prime time television over there. It's far from the first time they're going to receive complaints but still.
Jan 17, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
It wouldn't be Gundam without the inc death flags.
Jan 17, 2016 12:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, Fumitan's death flag is fuckin massive now.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 17, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Atra in this episode.
Jan 17, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2013
The new ED really doesn't fate into the end of the ep nearly as well, sigh.

I'm sure now though that after literally everyone's biological family betrayed them, this show's moral is just "family isn't blood, family is who you love and stick by" which is a damn good message. I hope this show ends in Tekkadan all getting to live happily together like they want to.
Jan 17, 2016 1:57 PM
Jan 2013
Atra being badass for taking a lot of hits like that, yet Kudelia ran away anyway... Mika is slowly building his harem... while Naze's slowly cromble to give people hope for possible AkihiroxLafter :P
This raises a question though, do any Gjallarhorn soldier even remember/know Kudelia's face? No. notice about her face anywhere? am I missing anything here?

The masked Choco man (now he's officially called that, huh? lol) made his very little move voiced by Takahiro Sakurai? yes, this kind of role will happen to the character

Bye Fumitan, your name appearing in the next episode and "Sayonara" only raises your death flag up to the highest point, in this case I'll b surprised if she doesn't end up dying :P
dex_dashJan 18, 2016 1:58 AM
Jan 17, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
How did Kudelia lose Fumitan so quickly? The mask guy only held her up for 13 seconds.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 17, 2016 2:07 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Almost cried at the end when Biscuit was thanking his older brother for raising him and his sisters, and then telling Savarin that he's with the Tekkadan now. It's heartbreaking to see what was supposed to be a heartwarming reunion turn into a difference in views. I think it's idealistic of Savarin to think that pleasing the Gjallarhorn will lead to peace. The people in Dort 2 already have weapons, they're not going to stop. It's not always up to one side to keep/make "peace."

It was sad to hear the factory workers say that they think those who are from the slums should stay in the slums. Orga was not pleased to hear that. I think he's been doing a good job so far with this unexpected situation though.

straggy said:

I'm sure now though that after literally everyone's biological family betrayed them, this show's moral is just "family isn't blood, family is who you love and stick by" which is a damn good message. I hope this show ends in Tekkadan all getting to live happily together like they want to.

Yeah this was definitely the take away message in this episode, with Biscuit as well as Kudelia (although she's not blood related to Fumitan). We got two different reactions too. Biscuit accepted their differences and had a firm stance. Kudelia couldn't understand Fumitan and chased after her. Which makes sense, because unlike Biscuit who heard what his brother's perspective, Kudelia didn't hear anything from Fumitan, who just said, "he's right," and left.
Jan 17, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
Atra is so badass and Biscuit's bro is just an asshole and oh the masked villain we were wondering when will you show up
Jan 17, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
trinitytiger said:

Like, give me a break.

She's the symbol of the revolution due to her royal blood and not much else at this point.

Kudos to Atra for putting up with the treatment. :O
Jan 17, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2008
If Kudelia fucks up and gets her ass caught after Atra took a brutal beating to save her...I'm going to rage to the point that Armageddon comes!

I hope we never see Savarin again.

Bye Fumitan...
Jan 17, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
tensions were high and so are death flags! episode was so good plus the timing on ED insert ;-;

like other said something about that mask having eye shutters is silly maybe he wears it when he sleeps

and i've come around on the OP it's great i actually find it better than the first one
Jan 17, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2011
Welp atra became alot more likable this episode, and man this was the most gundam feeling episode yet, its starting to remind me more of zeta gundam due to the ghallahorn feeling very titan like, and yeah fumitan wont survive the next episode and tekkadan likley wont be able to prevent a war from starting. Also mcgillis has a hell of alot of potential for a solid char clone now, Hes got a mastermind sort of feeling to him with how hes playing both sides, really looking foreword to him in the future and hope he makes up for that embarrassment of a char clone we got in g-reco

Excited as hell for the next episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2016 10:06 PM

Aug 2012
with that much build up, i'll be disappointed if fumitan does not die :/

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» By any chance, does this look better than...

TheMaXIM - Apr 7, 2023

11 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 6:34 PM

» Why do people defend this show so badly when it was a massive flop?

icefirestone23 - Nov 18, 2022

33 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 5:24 PM

» What is Mikazuki always eating???

Figendog - Nov 29, 2018

3 by JVskunkape »»
May 31, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

119 by JVskunkape »»
May 30, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

129 by JVskunkape »»
May 30, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.