Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2012 9:20 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Character development for best girl, fuck you Nisi!

also is that guy's hand made out of rubber?...what's with all dem gloves.

He just slapped everybody senseless haha, I'm starting to like this guy.

also lol'd at this edit

Sep 21, 2012 6:21 PM

Dec 2010
Talk about being freaken OP; i mean seriously he just blew the "unbeatable" in half O_O

Ajimu's reason for not fighting Medaka was pretty BS, Medaka winning against this guy (like she likely will) is gonna be BS also.
Sep 21, 2012 6:30 PM
Mar 2012
Oh, no ajimu, my favorite female character of the series got offed quite terribly, though i'm sure that Kumogawa's power is gonna get rid of her "death', but still if she really had 10,000,000,000,000,000 talents, couldn't she just use genjutsu or something(or perhaps some other hypnosis technique), mean that's the best countermeasure to a powerhouse...
Sep 21, 2012 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
This manga just keeps on trolling but that's what I love about it.
Sep 21, 2012 7:05 PM
May 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
This manga just keeps on trolling but that's what I love about it.

This
Sep 21, 2012 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
remember Ajimu was killed by Kumagawa in the past too but she has been revived so she will be revived at some point in time later imo
great chapter nice to see a freaking new monster lol
Sep 21, 2012 9:24 PM

Jun 2010
Holy crap! Ajimu has been cut in a half. Damn monster.............
Sep 21, 2012 10:54 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Goodness! That is one hell of a monster....

"FRESH!!"
Sep 22, 2012 12:31 AM

Aug 2008
It's getting more and more retarded. Remember the time when this series made any sense? You know, around 100 chapters ago. Neither do I...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
Anshin'in got beaten so easily... This is going to be a hard fight for Medaka. The monster inside her must reveal himself.
Sep 22, 2012 3:11 AM

Feb 2012
Holy crap, that monster is going to annihilate everyone, even Anshin'in had absolutely no chance.

Kudos to CXC for translating and typesetting all those skill names.
Sep 22, 2012 4:17 AM

Jun 2010
Antanaru said:
It's getting more and more retarded. Remember the time when this series made any sense? You know, around 100 chapters ago. Neither do I...

Are you serious? This series N-E-V-E-R made sense. It was mildly absurd at first but still absurd. That's what Medaka Box does best. So it's the best series for people who like/are in the mood for nonsense and the worst possible series for people who need reason. I'm actually the latter kind but I learned to flick a switch when reading MB.

Anyway. Anshin'in died. She'll surely come back though. Would be nice if we got some info about this Fresh guy. Is he a monster? Or is he just "Anshin'in-kinda-person gone terribly wrong" - but still a person?

Zenkichi... You're an idiot. That wasn't courageous, it wasn't reckless... it was just moronic.
Sep 22, 2012 4:32 AM

May 2010
Oh shit Anshin san is cut in half with rubber band, that guy is a monster but then again Medaka is also a monster maybe she is the only one who could beat or at least match him !
Sep 22, 2012 11:39 AM
Feb 2012
LOL....a rubber band...well Medaka will beat him in the end. Though for now I'm sure they'll lose, that or something will happen to prevent them from getting destroyed for the time being.

They don't stand a chance right now..as for Anshin...she'll return most likely.

Wonder what Shiranui's connection with him is though exactly.
Sep 22, 2012 3:00 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Talk about being freaken OP; i mean seriously he just blew the "unbeatable" in half O_O

Ajimu's reason for not fighting Medaka was pretty BS, Medaka winning against this guy (like she likely will) is gonna be BS also.

+1
Sep 23, 2012 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
No! Ajimu! don't die please!

new bad guy is badass.
Sep 25, 2012 2:19 AM
Mar 2009
So the girl with a crapton of powers, stood equal to Medaka, was so powerful that Kumagawa was only able to temporarily seal her, was beaten...by a rubber band.

What.
Sep 25, 2012 11:50 AM
Feb 2011
Zenkichi - "the cunning strategist who disguises himself as a mosquito to lessen Iihiko's attack" Fresh! Who said Ajimu died? It's only that he was lucky to have a worthy weapon - rubber band - against Ajimu and he only brings her hair to the brand new Jeep. Fresh!
Sep 25, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
ChronosXIII said:
So the girl with a crapton of powers, stood equal to Medaka, was so powerful that Kumagawa was only able to temporarily seal her, was beaten...by a rubber band.

What.

So the girl with crapton of powers, that's weaker than Medaka, that basically let Kumagawa seal her was beaten by a rubber band.

On another note.

The reason why Ajimu said that she couldn't win against Medaka is because... she can't.
No matter what ability one has, if used against Medaka she will learn to do it and she will do it even better. For someone like Ajimu that rely on the number of abilites she possesses to be overpowered, Medaka is her nemesis since the longer the fight would be, the stronger Medaka would get.

It seem the manga is bringing a sixth group of people into play.
In order of introduction the groups are:
-Human
-Abnormal
-Minus
-Not equal
-Style user
-"Chosen ones"
These "chosen ones" are people with ridiculous abilities that transcend anything else. No need to say that only one of them can fight another of their kind.

The only way to beat Medaka is to beat her faster than she can learn. Dealling with her with a very few number of big strike is probably the way to go and I could see Iihiko doing something like that.
I don't think that Medaka will win this first encounter, she'll probably end up getting destroyed but that's not to say that the next time they fight, she'll be that much stronger.

Also about Kumagawa sealing Ajimu... Kumagawa isn't strong enough to do that without her be willing to. She said that Kumagawa was the very first human that managed to interest her and giving how she was looking for an impossibilities at that time, Kumagawa's seal should have been pretty much welcomed by Ajimu.

Talking about impossibilities... there's a big inconsistency here. Ajimu wanted to commit suicide because there was nothing impossible for her to do and she thought she was the main character of a manga... still she couldn't win ever against Iihiko.
Sep 27, 2012 4:02 PM

Jun 2010
KuroNoKenshi said:

It seem the manga is bringing a sixth group of people into play.
In order of introduction the groups are:
-Human
-Abnormal
-Minus
-Not equal
-Style user
-"Chosen ones"
These "chosen ones" are people with ridiculous abilities that transcend anything else. No need to say that only one of them can fight another of their kind.

You forgot "Specials" like Akune and Kikaijima.

KuroNoKenshi said:
Talking about impossibilities... there's a big inconsistency here. Ajimu wanted to commit suicide because there was nothing impossible for her to do and she thought she was the main character of a manga... still she couldn't win ever against Iihiko.

Bothers me too.
Jan 5, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
What a lot of bullshit. When you have 10 quadrillion skills there is no way that you can get killed like that. No matter how powerful his little rubber was she should have a tone of skills that stop things coming at her or making herself ethereal etc etc.

Maybe the author didn't know what to do with such a being like her so he decided to kill her. And no he doesn't have problem with this new overpowered guy because he didn't say anything about him having many skills so he can just make a fight against him that is nothing but super punches and overpower-full hits.
Too much muscle power can always be drawn into a fight unlike unnumbered skills that are a hax thing.
Mar 29, 2013 12:04 PM

Nov 2011
Holy fuck, Ajimu-chan ;.;
Jul 30, 2013 9:43 PM
Oct 2011
ma
Monad said:
What a lot of bullshit. When you have 10 quadrillion skills there is no way that you can get killed like that. No matter how powerful his little rubber was she should have a tone of skills that stop things coming at her or making herself ethereal etc etc.

Maybe the author didn't know what to do with such a being like her so he decided to kill her. And no he doesn't have problem with this new overpowered guy because he didn't say anything about him having many skills so he can just make a fight against him that is nothing but super punches and overpower-full hits.
Too much muscle power can always be drawn into a fight unlike unnumbered skills that are a hax thing.
maybe it will make sense later
Jan 19, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
So the point of the Shiranui is to protect the world from that guy. But the question is how were they able to contain him for all that time when even Anshin cannot defeat him?
Jul 28, 2014 1:02 AM

Aug 2012
Shangetsu said:

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking during this chapter, really bothered me. Ajimu got worf'd pretty quickly, meh. I'm quickly losing all interest in this arc.
Oct 23, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
That guy is surely OP....beating someone who is immortal takes quite the effor o_O
Dec 21, 2020 4:57 PM
Nov 2014
this chapter feels so fresh.
Mar 22, 2022 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
I find it very lame that Kumagawa have been taken out without even attempting to use his Bookmaker. Is it better than making up a bullshit excuse for why it wouldn't work on Iihiko? Maybe. But simply discarding such an ability after it was already established to effectively seal god-like 4th wall breaking being is a lazy way out no matter how you look at it.

maxime1007 said:

Good observation. I feel like the author is losing a grip on a story these last 2 arcs.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 22, 2022 2:32 PM
Aug 2020
It's not that Ajimu wanted to commit suicide. It's that not being able to win was what kept her invested in life. And since the one situation like that was against a Main Character like Iihiko, of course her Flask Plan would revolve around opposing and creating Main Characters.

As for Kumagawa, expecting him to do anything to ensure a straight victory goes against everything he stands for. Additionally, it's already a fact that Kumagawa is one of those who never dodges first attacks, and against Shishime Iihiko, that's fatal.
Kilroy19Jun 23, 2022 5:32 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 102 Discussion

Inarius - Jun 24, 2011

4 by mazuchi »»
Jul 10, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 117 Discussion

RawElements - Oct 13, 2011

29 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 13, 2023 10:16 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 19 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Sep 19, 2009

16 by Cam1922 »»
Mar 10, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Aug 25, 2010

13 by Gameboy_Matthew »»
Oct 29, 2022 7:37 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Chapter 125 Discussion

Inarius - Dec 3, 2011

18 by vbzre »»
Aug 27, 2022 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.