Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2019 2:03 AM

Jun 2008
Alright folks, it’s almost here the BIG 2020!

Do you have a New Year’s resolution or specific goals?

Personally, I really want 2020 to be the year I “get back on track”...

I really hope it’s my best year, I’m planning to go to the Olympics, maybe get a new job, and overall I want to change a few bad habits I’ve made the past few years.
Dec 31, 2019 2:16 AM

Jul 2015
I don't do new years resolutions.

Let's just all give our best. I hope y'all have a fulfilling 2020.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Dec 31, 2019 2:21 AM

Aug 2012
I plan to continue existing till the end of the year in the least. See you guys on the other side.
Dec 31, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
my goal is 70k post count before i retire here on CD at least /joke

i lack willpower i succumb to short term rewards more than long term rewards in most of my life so ye not gonna bother with that resolution shit

Dec 31, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
reach at least n4 level in japanese proficency
learn lower level lang liek c or rust
keep working on personal projects. got good ground this 2019. hope can have marketable product by end of following year
maek even more monies than last year
!
Dec 31, 2019 2:44 AM

Jun 2019
Moving out to somewhere closer to work. My commute is more than an one hour and a quarter long most times so this is my biggest goal for all years to come.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Dec 31, 2019 3:16 AM

Jul 2015
Bakchos said:
Moving out to somewhere closer to work. My commute is more than an one hour and a quarter long most times so this is my biggest goal for all years to come.
wau very long commut
gl w/ dis definitely needs fixing. so much stuff could be done w/ 1 hour you lose every workday
Dec 31, 2019 3:49 AM

Jun 2019
Bakchos said:

That's the perfect resolution!
I can relate I have to travel an hour and a half to get to my workplace in the city but it pays so well. The city Is too expensive to move to though :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2019 4:02 AM

Apr 2015
if i'm lucky i'll survive until the end of 2020.

if i'm even luckier, i won't.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Dec 31, 2019 4:42 AM

May 2019
Get a regular weight lifting routine going again and check more philosophical works off my reading list.
Dec 31, 2019 4:47 AM

Mar 2008
My resolution is to not have a second new years resolution for 2020 stated here. This will be an easy win....
Dec 31, 2019 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
My main goal is to have a good job.. be more hopeful and happier about life.. ^_^

Happy new year to everyone!
Dec 31, 2019 6:07 AM

Apr 2018
I wish I could be a better person
My goal is to have a stable job so I could get married soon.
Dec 31, 2019 6:15 AM

Feb 2015
Get a job again so I could someday reward myself of something I wanted to have, but haven't after all these years, and good health so I can carry on my other goals.
Dec 31, 2019 8:28 AM
May 2016
stop being mentally ill, maybe even get a girlfriend.
Dec 31, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Just three simple things:

• Finish Ikkitousen Hell 3.
  • Learn enough music theory so that my Ibanez GRX20 isn't just collecting dust.
  • Get a job.

Oh, and...

• Actually use either my Wacom Intuos Por or 15' Surface Book 2 for drawing.
FacelessVixenJan 1, 2020 8:01 PM

Dec 31, 2019 3:23 PM

Dec 2014
In 2020 I would like to watch more anime than I did in 2019 😊
Dec 31, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2010
I guess mine is to get back on track too. I've honestly had a really rough past two years, but I want this new decade to get me back to where I once was without my own negativity getting in the way.
Jan 1, 2020 3:10 PM
Feb 2016
Pass the JLPT N2 exam
Fix my health issues
Graduate University
Get a good job
Visit Japan
Overcome social anxiety
Jan 1, 2020 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
--ALEX-- said:

Personally, I really want 2020 to be the year I “get back on track”...

I really hope it’s my best year, I’m planning to go to the Olympics, maybe get a new job, and overall I want to change a few bad habits I’ve made the past few years.

I think "a few bad habits I've made the past few years" is a bit of an understatement
Jan 2, 2020 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
I do not make new year resolutions. But if I had to, I'd make a really vague statement like "git gud at life" so that I don't have to take responsibility. Yeah that sounds good.
Jan 2, 2020 7:18 AM

Feb 2017
My new year resolution is to stick to eating 2500-3000 calories a day and wake up early.

I'L DO IT!

Jan 2, 2020 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
1) Take care of my body better. I ran into many health issues near the end of last year and am currently dealing with it. Have to get examined in case it's something serious, like cancer.

2) Finally go back to school and figure out my future (If I don't have any chronic illnesses ofc)

3) Be more active instead of potato-ing all day

4) Improve at art as it's been a long-term passion of mine

5) Improve at music as I have multiple instruments that I haven't learned properly or improved in (I'm beginner level in a lot of stuff)
Jan 2, 2020 4:32 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 2018
. stable relationship

. promotion to software architecture manager

. run a half marathon
Jan 2, 2020 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
1) Take care of my body better. I ran into many health issues near the end of last year and am currently dealing with it. Have to get examined in case it's something serious, like cancer.

2) Finally go back to school and figure out my future (If I don't have any chronic illnesses ofc)

3) Be more active instead of potato-ing all day

4) Improve at art as it's been a long-term passion of mine

5) Improve at music as I have multiple instruments that I haven't learned properly or improved in (I'm beginner level in a lot of stuff)

Based Mayuka.

Pretty much same except the school part.

Why do I have so much in common with little asian girls? X'D

If you're playing any instruments other than woodwind or brass, it is mostly cultivation of the fine motor skills. Music theory and aural prowess are of course transferrable too.

Peace and blessings of vitality to you in 2020. O Based One.
Konbu is important
Jan 2, 2020 4:46 PM

Oct 2008
i stopped smoking weed cigs and drinking
Jan 2, 2020 4:50 PM

May 2013
Looking at everyone else's goals I feel like my goals are stupid now, lol. I just want to fix my sleep and less social media

Jan 2, 2020 5:00 PM

Jul 2012
SuperHands said:
If you're playing any instruments other than woodwind or brass, it is mostly cultivation of the fine motor skills. Music theory and aural prowess are of course transferrable too.

I have a ukulele, melodica, piano, guitar and harmonica. All of them I consider I'm like beginner level in except piano haha

And I also have a clarinet which was my main instrument until I graduated HS.
Jan 2, 2020 5:58 PM
Jan 2012
My plan is to not commit suicide because there will be so many nice anime this year.
As an disgusting thing deemed by moderation team, I am now purged from this place.
Jan 2, 2020 6:01 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
SuperHands said:

I have a ukulele, melodica, piano, guitar and harmonica. All of them I consider I'm like beginner level in except piano haha

If you've played clarinet, I imagine even the breath-control is transferrable among wind/breath instruments.

Not surprising you're beginner in the rest, there are some musicians that can play two or three instruments (voice included) quite well, even very well, but learning just one instrument is a practice of a lifetime. I know that playing and writing music is my future, so playing 3 or 4 different intruments means I can draw upon any experience and knowledge I have of said instrument, as it all contributes to my bigger picture.
But why do you want to learn so many things?

Really, growth in any area, not just artistic pursuits, can transfer and enrich other areas of oneself.
Konbu is important
Jan 2, 2020 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
Professional: Keep on keeping on
Personal: Hike >30km in a day with a full backpack
Relationship goals: Relationship goals

Shinah said:
Looking at everyone else's goals I feel like my goals are stupid now, lol. I just want to fix my sleep and less social media
Those two goals could have as big an impact, or even a bigger one, on your health and quality of life than working out more or eater better. Nothing wrong them 'em!
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 2, 2020 9:38 PM

Jul 2012
SuperHands said:
Mayuka said:

If you've played clarinet, I imagine even the breath-control is transferrable among wind/breath instruments.

Not surprising you're beginner in the rest, there are some musicians that can play two or three instruments (voice included) quite well, even very well, but learning just one instrument is a practice of a lifetime. I know that playing and writing music is my future, so playing 3 or 4 different intruments means I can draw upon any experience and knowledge I have of said instrument, as it all contributes to my bigger picture.

Really, growth in any area, not just artistic pursuits, can transfer and enrich other areas of oneself.

Yep, breath control is no problem for me.

"But why do you want to learn so many things?" Music is one thing that makes me happy in my life. I could have an upset stomach but if I sing a bit, the pain goes away. I also sing so if I can master another accompaniment instrument like uku or piano, then it would be an asset for me. Other things like sports and exercise don't excite me as much as an art or music hobby. I like creating music/art rather than doing squats at a gym for example. I feel more accomplished.

"Really, growth in any area, not just artistic pursuits, can transfer and enrich other areas of oneself." I agree!
Jan 3, 2020 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
Take more risks. Right now I'm in the process of buying a house.
Jan 3, 2020 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
- Improve my Norwegian and then starting the moving process to Norway
- Eat healthier and cook more
- Having cozy cuddly times with my favourite human and my cats
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jan 3, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2015
Viperslayer said:

I'll give you two weeks before you fail.
Jan 4, 2020 11:38 AM

Sep 2014
reach for the stars and my waifus by being the biggest weaboo I can be in 2020.
Jan 4, 2020 4:43 PM

Oct 2016
Beat all the games I've own on steam and finished every anime that is either on hold or being sitting on my watching list for months
Jan 4, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2008
Bobby2Hands said:
Viperslayer said:

I'll give you two weeks before you fail.

i'll be drinking during special occasions, maybe a glass of wine or a beer, but i walked past a cig today and it smelt terrible. i heard this would happen but didn't believe it, as for the weed i can't. i get panic attacks 50% of the time now after 8 years of smoking the stuff, it is what it is.
Jan 4, 2020 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Since entering 2020, I've been actively working out. Basically just want to get in better physical shape, and build on my self-image again. When I was a teenager, I'd spend a lot of time practicing martial arts, so doing heavy workouts was nothing for me back then. I'd like to re-gain my former physical stature. Which I am hoping will just add more confidence to my life as a result.
Jan 4, 2020 6:59 PM

Dec 2015
My new years resolution is is to go to the gym more often and sexually harass all the girls wearing yoga pants.
Jan 7, 2020 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
SuperHands said:

"But why do you want to learn so many things?" Music is one thing that makes me happy in my life. I could have an upset stomach but if I sing a bit, the pain goes away. I also sing so if I can master another accompaniment instrument like uku or piano, then it would be an asset for me. Other things like sports and exercise don't excite me as much as an art or music hobby. I like creating music/art rather than doing squats at a gym for example. I feel more accomplished.

"Really, growth in any area, not just artistic pursuits, can transfer and enrich other areas of oneself." I agree!

I don't know what you're thinking of doing as a career, but I guess I've been indoctrinated into the "make your hobbies/passion your career" movement. I would have urged you to do the same but what you say makes perfect sense. XD

Damn, I've been tripping this whole time thinking only about how I can affect others with music, I forgot about myself. X'D

That's dope you recognise that music helps with your ailments, but to be expected since you're chinese and chinese peepo know about the powers of music.
Konbu is important
Jan 7, 2020 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
SuperHands said:
Mayuka said:

I don't know what you're thinking of doing as a career, but I guess I've been indoctrinated into the "make your hobbies/passion your career" movement. I would have urged you to do the same but what you say makes perfect sense. XD

Damn, I've been tripping this whole time thinking only about how I can affect others with music, I forgot about myself. X'D

That's dope you recognise that music helps with your ailments, but to be expected since you're chinese and chinese peepo know about the powers of music.
I wanna go into graphic design for my career. It's my comfort zone. I already do some freelance work at home lol.

TBH, I wanted to become a classical musician (after watching Nodame Cantabile for the first time) but I honestly don't think I'm cut out or good enough. I don't have time to go into a music major at this point especially because they require you to have level 8 on your main instrument which would take like 2-3 years for me and a bit of money.

"That's dope you recognise that music helps with your ailments, but to be expected since you're chinese and chinese peepo know about the powers of music." LOL! I actually never thought about it like that hahaha
Jan 7, 2020 6:30 PM

May 2013
i was gonna try to now say the word 'faggot' so much WOOPS 've done it again.

somebody chastise me, but do be gentle
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jan 7, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
I didn’t have a resolution for this year as I have achieved everything I wanted to last year. However, I want to make a serious push this year into this anime hobby of ours so my new plan is to double my days watched this year. That’s right! I’m going from 24 days watched since 2009 to 48 days watched by 01/01/21.

I was actually on 18 or 19 days watched when I became active on MAL October 2019 so I’ve been doing really well so far. I hope I won’t end up sucking at video games when it’s all said and done.
Jan 11, 2020 10:57 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Cut down on my On-Hold and Watching lists and get a sub 3 mean score.

More topics from this board

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

47 by MinakoBestGirl »»
45 minutes ago

» Favorite places in the EU you have visited, and where in the EU would you like to go next

KiraraFan - Yesterday

10 by Pengawas »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe that u/maxwellhill is Ghislaine Maxwell?

Milzol - May 25, 2021

6 by Bruh69XD »»
1 hour ago

» What are you investing your money in? What are your goals?

removed-user - Nov 16, 2021

34 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Today

25 by Lambofgenesis »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.