Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2018 12:36 AM
Oct 2017
What is the difference between a loli anime character and a moe anime character?

edit: and do the k-on girls count as loli's?
last-day-tiffanyMar 4, 2018 12:55 AM
Mar 4, 2018 12:38 AM

Oct 2015
A loli looks small, basically a child, moe is affection.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 4, 2018 12:49 AM

Oct 2017
Lolis basically are characters who are young girls or woman who look like young girls and nothing more...
Moe is a feeling of affection mainly towards a character in anime etc (mostly female)
Mar 4, 2018 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
loli is small female oftenly has sexual conotation (not always, shota is it male counterpart)... moe is cute, regardles of gender... both term can overlap each other, but also can different...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 4, 2018 12:55 AM

Apr 2017
That's Basically every CGDCT gives you a dose of METH with crippling depression..
-HippySnob-Mar 4, 2018 1:03 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Mar 4, 2018 12:56 AM

Jul 2016
Moe is personality. Moe is saying "Welcome home, master!", enjoying had pats, etc.

Loli is appearance.
Mar 4, 2018 1:12 AM
Sep 2017
Lolis land you in jail, Moe lands you to psychiatrists.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 4, 2018 1:36 AM

May 2017
Loli is basically a female who's not mature I mean physically and moe is a feeling of affection. Also every loli (mostly all) are moe and everything that is moe, is not loli.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 1:37 AM

Aug 2017
Knightmare_YK said:
Lolis land you in jail, Moe lands you to psychiatrists.

Hahaha, exactly.

As others have said, lolis are lolis by stature, and Moe is an impression on you by a 'moe character' of affection and the feeling of wanting to protect them, etc.
AnimeFreak1066Mar 4, 2018 1:54 AM
Mar 4, 2018 2:49 AM

Apr 2015
A 'Loli' character is a prepubescent(-looking) one, under(or looks under) maybe 12 or so.

A 'Moe' anime character carries too many meanings it's really pointless to set it down. You can attribute it to personality traits, art style, parent franchise...

And none of the K-On girls would be widely described as lolis, except for maybe Azusa who could be called one in the wider sense of the term. No one would/should call the rest lolis, never
Mar 4, 2018 3:45 AM
Sep 2017
Lanz said:
A 'Loli' character is a prepubescent(-looking) one, under(or looks under) maybe 12 or so.

So what about Hestia? She doesn't look like one to me, because of her
But everyone addresses her like one, soooooooo?
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 4, 2018 3:48 AM

Aug 2012
Girls with huge eyes and act all cutsey are not lolis. I don't know how you can't differentiate that.
Moe is basically how you act & art style, which K-on land pretty well on.
Mar 4, 2018 4:00 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
A loli is a little girl, at least in the way we use the word, pretty sure when they use it in Japan it's much broader and applicable to more than just a little girl but I'm not entirely sure on that

Moe is a strong response of affection towards a character and moe shows are often labeled as such because the way they're structured and built is centered around trying to evoke that type of response. People can sit there and say whatever they please about it, but that's what Moe was rooted in back in the '80s whenever the concept began to take flight and people began pushing out those fanzines and stuff and having strong reactions to the character for what they were, not just like, idk, the story or action or some shit like that that is considered more normal. Highly subjective and vague term, but it's all set around the idea of possessing some kind of affection towards the character and not just appreciating the character for the narrative surrounding them.

Also, Ecchifags are the true and traditional successors of the Moe Empire and it is ours by right, SoLfags are nothing more than opportunistic upstarts :VVVV
ManabanMar 4, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 4, 2018 4:28 AM

Apr 2015
Knightmare_YK said:
Lanz said:

She and some other characters are the 'assets' tacked on to an arguably loli body, she is still one of them at least in the wider sense
Mar 4, 2018 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
Moe gives boners of the heart and lolis just give boners
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 4, 2018 4:35 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lanz said:
Knightmare_YK said:

She and some other characters are the 'assets' tacked on to an arguably loli body, she is still one of them at least in the wider sense

I mean oppai loli are a thing but Hestia isn't one of them, she basically has no loli-like traits aside from being short maybe, which being short is not nearly enough to constitute being a loli. I feel like that was just a teasing jeer in the series not being 100% serious yet people took it as an M.O. to call her a loli for it, considering the only characters who used it were ones she was going back and forth with somehow.

Loli isn't a term that is just defined by a single creator's random whim even if it was intended in earnest, which I very strongly doubt it was meant to actually designate her as a loli from my memory of the context it was used in with Danmachi, and the only connection Hestia has to being a loli in any way, shape, or form is that other characters in the series called her one at some point. If that wasn't the case, I find it extremely doubtful she would ever even be brought up as a loli.

Mar 4, 2018 4:38 AM
Sep 2017
Manaban said:
Lanz said:

I mean oppai loli are a thing but Hestia isn't one of them, she basically has no loli-like traits aside from being short maybe, which being short is not nearly enough to constitute being a loli. I feel like that was just a teasing jeer in the series not being 100% serious yet people took it as an M.O. to call her a loli for it, considering the only people who used it were ones she was going back and forth with somehow.

Loli isn't a term that is just defined by a single creator's random whim even if it was intended in earnest, which I very strongly doubt, and the only connection Hestia has to being a loli in any way, shape, or form is that other characters in the series called her one at some point. If that wasn't the case, I find it extremely doubtful she would ever even be brought up as a loli.

I agree with you, she isn't one in my opinion.
Mar 4, 2018 4:41 AM

Feb 2010
If Hestia was a loli I'd have watched Danmachi, but I didn't so she wasn't :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 4, 2018 4:46 AM

Apr 2015
Manaban said:
Lanz said:

I mean oppai loli are a thing but Hestia isn't one of them, she basically has no loli-like traits aside from being short maybe, which being short is not nearly enough to constitute being a loli. I feel like that was just a teasing jeer in the series not being 100% serious yet people took it as an M.O. to call her a loli for it, considering the only characters who used it were ones she was going back and forth with somehow.

Loli isn't a term that is just defined by a single creator's random whim even if it was intended in earnest, which I very strongly doubt it was meant to actually designate her as a loli from my memory of the context it was used in with Danmachi, and the only connection Hestia has to being a loli in any way, shape, or form is that other characters in the series called her one at some point. If that wasn't the case, I find it extremely doubtful she would ever even be brought up as a loli.

On second thought personally I think she's above loli standards, but I've seen her thrown around as a leading example of oppai loli a lot so it seems many others see her as one, or at least borderline. Even seen Mikuru called one a lot so pretty sure Hestia would have been called oppai loli a lot even if no-one called her anything in universe
Mar 4, 2018 4:49 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lanz said:
Manaban said:

Personally I think she's above loli standards, but I've seen her thrown around as a leading example of oppai loli a lot so it seems many others see her as one, or at least borderline. Even seen Mikuru called one a lot so pretty sure Hestia would have been called oppai loli a lot even if no-one called her anything in universe

Kind of a sad state of affairs then

I mean this is probably the most legit oppai loli I know off of the top of my head, though it's still kind of a case of being exceptionally big for her age and not straight up oppai

https://myanimelist.net/character/5660/Mimi_Usa/pictures

also characters like kirin from asterisk wars are fairly applicable albeit that one isn't as a clear cut

Mar 4, 2018 4:50 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
One is cute the other is disgusting to like imo.
Mar 4, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2017
to be honest, i hate both loli and moe

fight me bro xd
<3 "Nothing compares to Dark Enchantress Cookie's greatness!" <3
Mar 4, 2018 9:33 AM

Feb 2015
Moe: being into little girls

Loli: being into VERY little girls
Mar 4, 2018 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Moe characters usually tend to look closer to being of age. Lolis look very underage.
Mar 4, 2018 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Moe is something cute, loli is a body type.
Mar 4, 2018 1:48 PM
May 2016
Moe is the feeling of "OH MY GOD THIS THING IS SO FUCKING CUTE I MUST PROTECT IT". Loli is child-like or just a straight up child. Moe characters could be adults, but they still make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Mar 4, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Think of it this way. Lolis are the car and moe is the fuel. Moe is meant to augment and amplify the cuteness of lolis.
Mar 4, 2018 2:14 PM

May 2015
Loli is the appearance. Moe is the behavior.
Mar 4, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2009
Loli is usually is just referring to a short young female character... I think there is such thing as busty lolis, but the usual implication is that lolis have flat chests

As for moe... it doesn't really mean anything tbh cause the meaning is so nebulous and poorly defined that people can just use it anyway they want to and you can't really say it's wrong, because its up to your subjective opinion.

Both of these are usually just ways that grown ass men admit they are into little girl characters without coming off as a closet pedos.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 4, 2018 2:52 PM

Aug 2017
both are perfection its hard to choose
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 2:35 AM
Aug 2016
There's that thing called Google. Use it next time.
Mar 5, 2018 8:24 AM
Oct 2017
i wanna see loli vs moe and sasuke vs ichigo
Mar 5, 2018 3:01 PM

Jan 2018
Loli is a word that originates from lollipop and it's a common knowledge that a child really loves candy. It can be attributed to being flat-chested, having a childlike personality or treats MC as someone that they treats with an existing strong affection or admiration without any significant plot.

Moe is an adjective for being cute and makes you look really adorable or pleasing to look at. Their voices are often soft and again, cute.

It is always expected of a loli to have moe vibes in them but moe does not necessarily has to be a child in order for you to feel the moe vibes.
Mar 5, 2018 9:05 PM

Aug 2016
Ones acceptable. The other's a step away from prison.
Oct 14, 2021 2:52 AM
Jan 2019
K-ON!! count neither as lolis or moe.
Alien
Oct 14, 2021 11:34 PM

Aug 2020
moe is describing something as being cute while loli is a little girl. Since lolis are often depicted as being cute, the two terms are heard together a lot

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Dec 18, 2021 10:53 PM

More topics from this board

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - 2 minutes ago

0 by Atmogenic »»
2 minutes ago

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 2 hours ago

8 by KitsuFrost »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

31 by ickyheat »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why?

melodyily - 12 hours ago

34 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
18 minutes ago

» Would you quit Anime if Anime caters to the West?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.