Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 30, 2017 6:04 PM

May 2012
Hmm it would've been a lot better if they switched the previous and this last episode around. This was really not a proper last episode if you ask me.

It was intense action wise, but not really that good as a closure episode to be honest.

All in all I did quite enjoyed this reboot of the series, really loved the original and like this new one quite a lot as well!
Dec 30, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was possibly the weakest but overall this anime was really good. IMHO it is pretty underrated. I'm giving it a 7/10. I say underrated because 7.60 or so is low by MAL standards. I've also never watched the first anime and never read the source material, so maybe it wasn't well adapted, i don't know. Anyway, one of the best new anime the season, top 5 for sure if we exclude sequels.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Dec 31, 2017 5:00 AM

Apr 2014
One of the best anime this Fall Season.
I'm gonna miss this show for sure.
Anyway, I''l rate it an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 8, 2018 6:03 AM

Apr 2011
Average ending. Those sheeps are scary. Sucks for the unfortunate person who get killed. At least Kino avenge the person's death.

Her jounrey ends, but it also begins anew. It could've ended last episode, but I guess this was selected as a favorite scene to shown from the LN voted by the readers? Anyways, what a nice journey it was. Kino and Shizu were nice characters. along with Ti, Riku, and Hermes. Each episode contains stories that are sweet, bittersweet, tragic and more. It reminded me of Kino back in 2003. That was a long ago, So nostalgic, but I remember the scenes anymore. I like the character designs here compared to the old one. Adding CG wasn't good, the stuff probaby did that to reduce budget.

I don't mind another season of this. If any.

8/10
MagitoJan 8, 2018 6:07 AM
Jan 8, 2018 8:03 AM

Sep 2012
killer sheep, this author has weird sense of humor lol
Jan 8, 2018 4:01 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was strange with those killer sheep, I would have been very scared but Kino handled very well. I hope to see her again and this time better. I felt this season was weak, with weak messages unlike the previous one. The animation was so bad I wanted to cry from it, like CGI coordination and character distinction ( wasn't able to give characters a distinctive design). The plots were bad and VAs made me sleepy also.
They could have done better.

But because its Kino this is a biased rating so its a 8/10 for her only. Please make something better next time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 9, 2018 1:33 AM

Aug 2014
Well it has alot of amusing episode and fck that episode 10 for sure.
10/10 for that episode.
Overall it's kinda weird to have weird abnormal technology and talking motorcycle/dog despite it not being fully Fantasy.
Since i didn't watch the original it does very well explained this "beautiful world".
Though in the end it's a story about a journey.
Solid 8/10.

lihle808 said:
I felt this season was weak, with weak messages unlike the previous one.

Fall season or you meant by Kino remakes?
Fall have quite good stuff there, if you're hurt with the CGI Houseki no Kuni might help you.
Jan 9, 2018 12:46 PM

Sep 2014
I still don't understand why motorbikes could talk in that world.

Bookmeter ╠╣ class summon
Jan 10, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2010
I ended up liking this season too. And this episode just made me laugh even tho I was feeling bad for the sheep. So over-the-top, think they could do it more. uh. seriously? Anyways I am not disappointed but I feel like this ep might have triggered some ppl.

8/10 overall. Gonna miss Kino.
Jan 11, 2018 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
Eh. That's my reaction to the new series in general as well. Nah but seriously. I loved the very beginning of this episode. And thought this was going to be a truly great one. Going out strong. Kino alone. Kino separated from Hermes. That's a solid set up to a finale. The killer sheep are a little weird but I'm on board.

But god damn that ending was so stupid. Not the hammock scene. That was cool. I liked that more than the sheep story. But the conclusion of the sheep story. Was clumsily animated honestly. And made zero sense. I empathize that I'm sure the scene in the original light novel. Would be difficult to animate. But it completely broke the rules of reality and basic common sense. With indestructible sheep who could survive unscathed being plowed into by a big ass truck. What a dropping of the ball.

I'd give this new series like a 7/10. Some of the episodes were pretty good. But some I thought were kind of weak and awkward. Especially in the middle few episodes. When barely any of them featured Kino and Hermes as the focus. I'd still watch another season of this series. But doesn't hold a candle to the 03 one.
Jan 15, 2018 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
The fuck was that? Black Sheep anyone?

In the end, the anime was good. But I did enjoy the first one more.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 16, 2018 6:17 PM

Dec 2008
Fields of KILLER Sheep
Jan 21, 2018 11:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Christ, that was some garbage. I'm just gonna pretend 2017 Kino never happened.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 21, 2018 9:24 PM

Apr 2015
quiet entertaining, but not as good as the old one.

I hope we will have season 2 tho.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Feb 3, 2018 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
These sheep were scary. The animation of the sheep bouncing off the jeep was weird. I liked this episode even if it was not as good as the previous ones.
I think that they should have inverted this episode with the 11th. It would have made a better ending to the anime.

Overall, it's a very good anime with a lot of interesting countries. My favorite is Land of the adults, but the first part of episode 9 was intriguing too.
I would have liked more episode and that Shizu be more developed.

Beautiful ending song *-*.
Feb 7, 2018 6:59 AM

Feb 2014
meh guess i had higher hopes for this show like an entire episode about murderous sheep whyyy
Feb 10, 2018 12:40 AM

Sep 2017
a satisfying ending, i guess. i was more confused than anything about the sheep.
Apr 13, 2018 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
What, what a bizarre way to end the series. This one was fun and strange, but I have to admit I was expecting something a bit more from the finale. I think thus one should have been in the middle of the series. This series was pretty good overall though. It definitely had it ups and downs but overall it was at least interesting the entire time, and for me that made it a worthwhile and entertaining experience.
Apr 28, 2018 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
The first series definitely feels like a more complete series, and watching this will likely make me rewatch it. But I do love the art style of this one so much more. I'll give it a solid 8/10. (I gave the original a 9/10).
Aug 8, 2018 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
No country travelling this time but oh my god, the sheeps were hilarious. Loved seeing Kino pull off a masterful plan and then killing them LOL. Good end to a good show. 8/10
Aug 21, 2018 7:17 PM

Aug 2016
Truly an amazing episode this one was

Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 22, 2018 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
"Sir, how do we break the viewer's mind?"
"Send in the Smug Sheep."

Seriously, what did I just...what did I...what...just WHAT???

Well, I'll wait until I'm asleep to count all of the sheep. In the meantime, this new entry into Kino's Journey wasn't too shabby. It had some truly great moments such as Photo's episode & the retelling of Kino's past. There were also some misses as well, particularly condensing the Colosseum story into one episode.

Although I don't want to unfairly place Kino 2017 in the shadow of Kino 2003, I am a bit disappointed considering that the old version is one of my all time favorites. It was the first anime to really challenge my perspective and it became the corner stone for developing my critical thinking skills as a teenager. Kino's Journey has often felt like a collection of Aesop's Fables, conjuring up philosophical questions and exaggerated moral dilemmas.

While Kino 2017 wasn't able to captivate me quite the same way, I think it still stayed true to the spirit of the journey. Though it would have been ideal if it had kept more to its predecessor (similar to Mushishi's sequel), by no means does my criticism take away from what an exceptional adventure this remains. I'd really like to see more and I'm still overjoyed to get another glimpse into Kino's Journey even over a decade after first starting it.

8/10. Thus my journey through this series ends. Now I'm tired, and I think it's time to sleep. If I'm counting sheep, hopefully they won't be trained to ram me off a cliff.
Jan 26, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2018
This remake of Kino's Journey is a disappointment . The original 2003 series was much better even the art is so sterile, it is in no way interesting to look at.
Jan 26, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
Lmfao, at around 11:20 some of the sheep just vanished from the screen, 1 frame theyre there the other they're gone, not just one either but several. - Wonder how that slipped through.
Kind of a ridiculous episode to end on with the sheelp ... lmao

I loved the end bit thouigh, basically saying IF season 2 were to happen, it will happen, if it wont, it wont ^^

8/10 - Though not as in depth with some episodes as 2003, some other episodes were done really well, for example Kino's backstory was beautifully remade.
Feb 16, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2012
A whole episode dedicated to killing some sheep, mediocre way to end it. Some episodes were great and some were terrible (like this one). In the end the show was a little dull for me but I liked the atmosphere for the most part.
Mar 17, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
lol that episode was another zombie overrun with sheep skin to make it less hideous.
Aug 7, 2019 8:56 AM

Apr 2009
What is with these murderous sheep? LOL Fighting sheep my ass, they're a friggin' nuisance, in fact they're a wildlife hazard!

8/10 the first TV adaptation was better IMHO but this one had some great scenes as well.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 29, 2019 5:24 AM

Jul 2016
reizenchuu said:
I still don't understand why motorbikes could talk in that world.

Or dogs?

Suspend your disbelief.
Dec 19, 2019 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
How to describe this show concisely...
A line of disjointed events that really don't amount to anything, with a few cool ideas but mostly just boring stuff.

Kino as a character is way too one-note to actually enjoy.
Sep 19, 2020 7:20 AM

Feb 2020
We need a second season..
Nov 13, 2020 4:33 PM

Jun 2010
Those were some ugly CGI sheep and the piano piece at the end didn't seem right for a final punchline to a silly story. The meta-joke ending was alright but I thought it was a little self-indulgent.
Dec 4, 2020 9:10 PM

Dec 2010
Those sheep were savage.
Dec 29, 2020 9:15 PM

Feb 2018
So, Kino is a girl? Wtf
Apr 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
I am really glad that decided to watch original anime first since it was very good. The whole situation with both adaptions is great example of how crucial direction is, old and new anime have the same original source obviously and even have several same episodes but every time old one was much better in representation of both: story and characters because of social details and accent on Kino's reaction, music and sound were better too and made emotional effect even stronger. New anime is lack the originality somehow it's so average and predictable in terms of scenes and dialogues. New Kino is more energetic and emotional but somehow had weak reaction due destroyed country when old Kino was more skeptical and apathetic but there was a horror and desperate in her eyes when she found out that citizens knew about a disaster, it's just a small example of how poorly was made new adaptation.

Slogan of old anime was "what a wonderful world" but it started with a premise "this world is ugly", Kino just tried hard to find some light in a such dark world. Every episode hides worldly wisdom and makes you think.

Slogan of new anime is the same "what a wonderful world" and anime just being typical slice of life which is trying hard to minimize any possible drama and forgot totally about existential crisis themes.
Sep 26, 2021 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
This 2017 version wasn't nearly as good as the original - mainly in the atmosphere, art and character design department. This also felt more action-oriented, where as the old one was more philosophical and made you think.

With that said, I at least appreciate that they didn't completely rehash all the episodes from the 2003 version, and brought a couple (more than half I think) new intriguing stories to the table. That was the main saving grace for this show, in my opinion.

Definitely worth a watch though, if you're a fan of the original masterpiece, like me.
Sep 27, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2017
It wasn't a good idea to finish the anime with this episode. Its your typical Kino's episode. Fake Kino origins should be the last episode.

Well, this anime is silly and I can't take it seriously for the most part. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 8, 2022 11:30 AM

Apr 2020
I saw this one and the original back to back and I have to say that I do prefer the original.
They are both worth it if you are into very chill and psychological anime.
8/10 for the OG.
7/10 for this one.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 22, 2022 2:17 AM

Jan 2021
i guess she never woke up
Aug 9, 2022 2:32 PM
Sep 2013
Holy shit hahaha, it was all the fault of animal rights, several people died because of these sheep.
If animals are causing problems for humans, put a bullet in their head and the problem is over.
That ending was exciting about the journey ending, as this is the final episode.

Here's a review of the series in general:
Honestly this version (2017) is much better than the old version (2003), let's go to the following points.
Characters: The characters in this version are much more charismatic than the previous version, much better built, even visually, all the main and co-main characters (Kino, Hermes, Kino Original, Shizu, Sakura, Shishou, etc. .) are much more human, you can have a lot more empathy for them, in the old version it was as if they were all robots.
Kino's appearance in this one is much superior to the previous version, in this Kino is much more feminine than the other version, and we were able to buy her skills much more than in the last version, because her master was introduced and a piece of her past was told, kino is also much more expressive and seems to care more about the things around her, she is no longer just a script element like in the 2003 version and has become a really interesting character.
Sounds: The opening, ending and all the soundtracks of the episodes were amazing and conveyed much more feelings than the previous version.
Plot: Man without comparison the plot is much more natural in this version than in the previous version, all the episodes seem to fit together and complete each other much more than in the 2003 version where all the episodes were played and you didn't feel a kind of empathy for them , did not create a connectivity.
People will only say that the 2003 version is better because it has a veneer of intellectuality, but in that version everything is so forced that it borders on the unreal even when it comes to metaphors and as entertainment, the old version is very bad, I will make a comparison using the my experience, to watch the 13 episodes of the old version I spent about 5 days because I kept scrolling to see the episodes, in this version I can say that I spent a maximum of 2 days actually not even that.
In this version, things happen so subtly and not forced that you, in addition to understanding the moral of the episode, you have fun together, in this version you really understand the title "The Beautiful World" because it really passes that, in the old version you had to force it a lot of thought to come to the conclusion that it was beautiful.

8/10

PT-BR

Puta que pariu hahaha,tudo foi culpa dos direitos dos animais, várias pessoas morreram por causa dessa ovelhas.
Se os animais estão dando problemas para os seres humanos meta uma bala na cabeça deles que o problema acaba.
Esse finalzinho foi emocionante sobre a jornada acabar, visto que esse é o episódio final.

Vamos ao comentário sobre a série em geral:
Sinceramente essa versão (2017) é muito melhor que a versão antiga (2003), vamos aos pontos a seguir.
Personagens: Os personagens nessa versão são muito mais carismáticos que a versão anterior, muito mais bem construídos, até mesmo em questão visual, todos os personagens principais e co-principais(Kino,Hermes,Kino Original,Shizu,Sakura,Shishou,etc..) são bem mais humanos, você consegue ter muito mais empatia por eles, na versão antiga era como se todos fossem robôs.
A aparecia de Kino nesse é muito superior a versão anterior,nesse Kino é bem mais feminina que a outra versão,e conseguimos comprar bem mais as habilidades dela que na versão passado, pois sua mestre foi introduzida e foi contado um pedaço de seu passado,kino também é bem mais expressiva e parece se importar mais com as coisas a sua volta,deixou de ser só um elemento de roteiro como na versão de 2003 e passou a ser de fato um personagem interessante.
Sons: Cara a abertura, encerramento e todas as trilhas dos episódios estavam incríveis e passavam bem mais sentimentos que a versão anterior.
Enredo: Cara sem comparação o enredo é bem mais natural nessa versão que na versão anterior, todos os episódios parecem se encaixar e se completar bem mais que na versão de 2003 onde todos os episódios eram jogados e você não sentia uma espécie de empatia por eles, não criava uma conectividade.
As pessoas só vão dizer que a versão de 2003 é melhor pois passa um verniz de intelectualidade, mas naquela versão tudo é tão forçado que beira o irreal mesmo se tratando de metáforas e como entretenimento a versão antiga peca muito, vou fazer uma comparação usando a minha experiência, para assistir os 13 episódios da antiga versão eu gastei uns 5 dias pois eu ficava enrolando para ver os episódios, nessa versão eu posso dizer que eu gastei no máximo 2 dias na verdade nem isso.
Nessa versão as coisas acontecem de forma tão sutil e não forçada que você além de compreender a moral do episodio você se diverte junto, nessa versão você realmente compreende o título “The Beautiful World” pois realmente passa isso, na versão antiga você tinha que forçar muito o pensamento para chegar a conclusão que aquilo era bonito.

8/10
Oct 15, 2022 11:09 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FLAME GRILLED MUTTON FOR DINNER
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 18, 2022 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Why would they end on such a wacky episode? I mean the director/producer clearly should have arranged for a better closure, since this ep surely left many viewers dumbfounded after two excellent ones (10 and 11). Overall it was nice seeing and following Kino again throughout her journey considering some episode were truly great (Ship Country, Liar Country, Photo episode, Kind Country and Adult Country were clearly the best in my opinion), others good (Colosseum, Moving Country and a few others) and definitely a few were lacking or were simply a dull collection of various countries with little value.

I'd say it's a decent 7/10
Jan 2, 2023 11:06 AM
Aug 2021
Absolutely love the remake of this show and the narrative of each episode
Mar 9, 2023 9:12 PM

Aug 2014
Kino 2017 was just as enjoyable as the 2003 version.   Both versions are fine, so no need to compare which one is better. 

2017 has more livelier colors and more better pacing, while the 2003 one goes for a more "spooky" atmosphere. 

Both versions have their ups and their downs, strong and weak episodes. 

And just like the 2003 version, I also recommend that you see this 2017 version in English dub, so it can be an easier watch, since its episodic (or somewhat episodic)

I did like how the 2017 version also included some episodes when the Prince was the MC of the episode. 

Nice journey
oooo3333Apr 26, 2023 1:47 PM
Aug 23, 2023 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
This was the funniest episode of the whole season. The sheep just getting rammed and falling down like a PS1 enemy. Then when they got shot they made the goofiest "baa" sound while flying back.

Overall really great show. Felt a lil meta at the end like they hoping for a s2. I wouldn't enjoy it if they did.
Sep 2, 2023 2:08 PM

Apr 2011
It's 1 or 2 points less than the original, I suppose. This series was presented in a worse way than the original but the material feels similar.

This episode feels like an analogy for pit bulls.
Adam_RSep 2, 2023 2:14 PM
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 AM
Aug 2020
What the hell lmao they went with a more upbeat and trippy ending than 2003, kino had a death match with wild evil sheep and a well deserved nap afterwards.

Overall I liked this adaptation quite a lot, even though I prefer the 2003 version this one is also very good and I'd understand why people would say this version is superior, because in some aspects it may be. they would be wrong though but its reasonable.

I hope we get more Kino
Nov 26, 2023 12:02 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to -Ryu
Truly an amazing episode this one was

@-Ryu
Thank you so much for this
Dec 8, 2023 1:29 AM
Aug 2022
I love sociological ideas in action in this series but the execution is better in the original.

I don't like this Kino and everything is too bright, eeriness is lost.
May 14, 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
I think I am happy with how 2017 reboot/remake, whatever you want to call it turned out, I prefer 2003, but I am glad 2017 has such a different mood, I think if 2017 was trying too hard to follow the direction style of 2003 it would feel more worthless to me. I already have the 2003 version, I don't need the same show with the same style, a different adaptation of Kino No Tabi is more than welcome for me.

I really enjoyed myself, I love this franchise, 2003 is its peak, but 2017 was great too.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

76 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

104 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

256 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:59 AM

» I thought Kino was a guy.

Nyamaste - May 2, 2022

13 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:57 AM

» will there be a season 2 in your opinions?

Aguy711 - Nov 13, 2022

4 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.