Anime & Manga News

Spring noitaminA Anime 'Tsuritama' Officially Announced

by dtshyk
Feb 2, 2012 8:54 AM | 91 Comments
The official website of Nakamura Kenji's original TV anime "Tsuritama" was fully launched. It will be aired on the noitaminA block starting this April.

Tsuritama official website
Trailer

Staff
Director: Nakamura Kenji
Series Composition: Ohno Toshiya ("Suite Precure♪")
Original Character Design: Uki Atsuya
Anime Character Design: Takahashi Yuichi ("Macross Frontier")
Production Studio: A-1 Pictures

Cast
Sanada Yuki: Ohsaka Ryota
Haru: Irino Miyu
Usami Natsuki: Uchiyama Koki
Akira Agarkar Yamada: Sugita Tomokazu

Synopsis:
An adolescence sci-fi fishing story. Yuki Sanada is a high school boy who cannot communicate with people well and doesn't have a single friend. He lives on Enoshima island with his French grandmother. One day, he meets a boy named Haru. Haru calls himself an alien who visited the Earth for fishing. Another high school boy, Natsuki, and a mysterious Indian, Akira, join the two and the island becomes the center of the event which determines the fate of the world.

Tsuritama on MAL

20 of 91 Comments Recent Comments

Oh no, so this is going to be like 11 episodes then? :|

Jun 5, 2012 9:04 AM by Ibex

Focus on boys' youth, Indian guy and his pet duck named Tapioca, Aliens, Fishing, Boy meets Alien boy, noitaminA, A-1 Pictures, one-quarter French boy, Miyu Irino playing other genki boy, fishing to save the world? What more I can ask for?

I bet Chizuru long lost cousin is Haru or maybe in different universe Chizuru is Haru lol

Apr 12, 2012 2:43 AM by AutumnDream

The characters remind me of Kimi to Boku... >.>'
I hope it's not a sad rip-off with a sci-fi take, cos Kimi to Boku is AMAZING.

Mar 7, 2012 1:51 AM by Kundalini

awww omg all the guys are so cute!!!! i hope there's buttsex involved in this anime, and its better be bareback

Feb 28, 2012 11:49 AM by millo

I'm really eager to watch this. I want to see how the execute the premise, and the boys look interesting enough.
Really looking foward to it.

Feb 17, 2012 10:00 PM by hiromee

It looks interesting...I dont really watch Sci-fi, soo....i dunno if it'll keep my interst. But....fishing and sci-fi? How does that even....im so confused.

And what's up with the goose with the indian boy? i cant comprehend it D:

But either way, i'll give it a shot and watch a couple of episodes, see if i like it or not~

Feb 12, 2012 5:05 AM by tamachana

jmal said:
DraconisMarch said:
And it doesn't seem you pay much attention to anything he does. Anytime anyone even remotely criticizes something, he bashes them. That's what trolls do: try to make people mad and start fights.
Nah, it's just for people who don't seem to know the difference between legitimate "criticism" stated in a fair and reasonable way, and just being plain old hateful and/or nonsensical and/or hypocritical and/or factually incorrect (i.e. usually the ones "trolling", by your definition, in the first place). It's good when people challenge that; whether it's done by me or others doesn't really matter.
All of which you clearly have your own definitions for, judging by the general content of your responses.

jmal said:
I'd be just fine with getting a "guess I could actually try it before bashing it"
Don't need to see it to know that I hate those types of characters.

jmal said:
or "I suppose I could just not post if I all I have to say is 'shit sux'" reaction too. They'd be nice, but I'm not naive enough to expect it.
Last time I knew, these types of threads were generally about people saying whether they looked forward to watching a show or not--not a one-sided "YAY OMG WANT TO WATCH" spam fest. People are allowed to post negative thoughts/opinions. Again, if you don't like it, get over it.

Feb 5, 2012 3:04 PM by DraconisMarch

>accusing jmal of being a troll

hahaha oh wow

Feb 5, 2012 2:01 PM by windy

TreF said:
>don't have any counter-arguments
>"oh god, I better accuse him of trolling"
Usually there has to be actual points to argue against before you need actual counterarguments.

And it doesn't seem you pay much attention to anything he does. Anytime anyone even remotely criticizes something, he bashes them. That's what trolls do: try to make people mad and start fights.

jmal said:
DraconisMarch said:
Those aren't even remotely close to the same thing. And even the way you summarized them still makes them sound far more interesting this.
No, not really. They're all devoid of any meaningful information about the show whatsoever, which is precisely the point. Pretending you know what to expect from this show based on what you quoted isn't believable at all.

And lol at being accused of trolling by someone who just complains about how shit anything and everything under the sun is every time he clicks the "Post Message" button. Heh, awesome.
Probably wasting my time saying this, but the reason I quoted that part of the synopsis as my reason to not want to watch it is obviously because I hate stuff like that. If you don't like it, get over it.

And you've obviously seen about 2% of all my posts. Kind of like people creating stereotypes about all the people from a certain country for the actions of a few of them.

Feb 5, 2012 9:34 AM by DraconisMarch

I'm so pumped up for this.

Feb 5, 2012 3:12 AM by Indonesia

DraconisMarch said:
jmal said:
DraconisMarch said:
WOW. Totally haven't seen those before.
Remind me to miss this.
- Otonashi is a high school boy who finds himself waking up in a strange school where he meets a pushy girl who wants him to fight against a mysterious enemy...
- Okazaki Tomoya is a high school boy who doesn't like school and doesn't have many friends, but meets a clumsy girl who befriends him...
- Kaname Madoka is a high school girl who lacks self confidence and meets a cute creature who asks her to become a magical girl and save the world from witches...
- Aizawa Yuuichi is a high school boy who moves in with his cute cousin and meets other girls he met as a young boy but has since forgotten...

I could do this all day. It sure is easy as hell to make shows (even great ones like the above) sound like generic crap in a vague one-sentence summary, isn't it? Gotta love how it's always automatically bad and doesn't even need to be viewed to confirm this - except when it's something you already like. Convenient, that.
Those aren't even remotely close to the same thing. And even the way you summarized them still makes them sound far more interesting this. Fail retort is fail.

Oh, and don't you get bored of trolling all day? Seriously. Every post you ever make is just for starting a fight.

>don't have any counter-arguments
>"oh god, I better accuse him of trolling"

Feb 5, 2012 2:23 AM by TreF

jmal said:
DraconisMarch said:
WOW. Totally haven't seen those before.
Remind me to miss this.
- Otonashi is a high school boy who finds himself waking up in a strange school where he meets a pushy girl who wants him to fight against a mysterious enemy...
- Okazaki Tomoya is a high school boy who doesn't like school and doesn't have many friends, but meets a clumsy girl who befriends him...
- Kaname Madoka is a high school girl who lacks self confidence and meets a cute creature who asks her to become a magical girl and save the world from witches...
- Aizawa Yuuichi is a high school boy who moves in with his cute cousin and meets other girls he met as a young boy but has since forgotten...

I could do this all day. It sure is easy as hell to make shows (even great ones like the above) sound like generic crap in a vague one-sentence summary, isn't it? Gotta love how it's always automatically bad and doesn't even need to be viewed to confirm this - except when it's something you already like. Convenient, that.
Those aren't even remotely close to the same thing. And even the way you summarized them still makes them sound far more interesting this. Fail retort is fail.

Oh, and don't you get bored of trolling all day? Seriously. Every post you ever make is just for starting a fight.

Feb 5, 2012 12:08 AM by DraconisMarch

Synopsis said:
Yuki Sanada is a high school boy who cannot communicate with people well and doesn't have a single friend.
WOW. Totally haven't seen those before.

Remind me to miss this.

Feb 4, 2012 8:00 PM by DraconisMarch

dtshyk said:


Cast
Haru: Irino Miyu
Usami Natsuki: Uchiyama Koki



Yay~~

Feb 4, 2012 6:19 PM by tsubasalover

Uki Atsuya @_@ Instantly sold. Right there.

Feb 4, 2012 1:59 PM by Naratchi

Uki Atsuya, sci-fi fishing and Sugita Tomokazu?

Man, I’m in. It looks and sounds strange, and I love it. Must be fun, no matter how absurd it may be.

Spring is shaping up to be an amazing season.

Feb 4, 2012 10:02 AM by Anisamar

HELL YEAH. Sugita-san!!! Epic character designs. Director of Mononoke and Kuchu Buranko. I am so looking forward to this.

Feb 3, 2012 7:39 PM by Takai

noitaminA ♥

Feb 3, 2012 11:17 AM by Misaola

like the art, plot and character
very interesting~

Feb 3, 2012 6:44 AM by Firixizu_Mint

Enough with the high school boys, seriously. Is a complete turn off they don't look anything to their ages. I sometimes mistake them to be middle school boys. I'd prefer to see boys in college or work field then.

Feb 3, 2012 5:45 AM by Shadow-Chan

Related Database Entries