Forum Settings
Forums

Give me any bad/unpopular/hot anime takes you have

New
Sep 29, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2020
I'm making a list of them and want to see what trends are the most common. Your input would be appreciated

Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_M1Ckrlb3Y3rC4Lb88zTnUPqFAL3in-tYkixIq7JMJs/edit?usp=sharing

We would appreciate if you could take either or both of the forms to help decide how popular some takes are.

Form 1: https://forms.gle/MTcTT98YE6evvLEV7

Form 2:https://forms.gle/9rYx4bBuJBApxGPB7
HintigoOct 1, 2022 8:09 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 2:16 PM
Jun 2021
Battle shounen are garbage and so are CGDCT moeblob shows. Anime died when mecha productions started to go down in numbers.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Sep 29, 2022 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Yugioh Sevens is actually a really solid anime (English subbed of course). I liked all of 3d Berserk. Fantasy Bishoujo is the best isekai.
Sep 29, 2022 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
Gundam SEED is one of the best Gundam series.
Gundam Unicorn would be one of the worst Gundam series if it weren't for the nice visuals and music.
Dragon Ball is better than the big 3. Also better than all the "new big 3" people try to decide upon but can't.
Gintama hasn't been good since episode 316 except for Porori hen which made the series good again for a short while.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 29, 2022 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
It seemed like everywhere i went people weren't that fond of One Punch Man's second season at all but i really didn't have any issues with it, especially since it had all of it's most famous girls like Tatsumaki.
Sep 29, 2022 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
higurashi gou is just as good as the first season of higurashi and higurashi kai is mid
Sep 29, 2022 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
People are way too fucking annoying about loli's, if you can't comprehend that a loli is obviously far removed from a literal child, then you're just paranoid.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 29, 2022 2:41 PM
Jul 2021
That Made in Abyss and Call of the Night are both duds at best.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 29, 2022 2:46 PM
Dec 2020
Mecha anime are dogshit, it just doesn't make sense why they all have to be in big giant robots. Why would anyone watch mechas instead of normal shows, what added value do the robots add?
Sep 29, 2022 2:52 PM

Sep 2020
This is the most unpopular take. No one is going to top this because of the countless amount of users who twerk for him.

The best thing to happen to the Vinland saga anime is when

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 29, 2022 2:55 PM

Sep 2020
LostSpectre said:
People are way too fucking annoying about loli's, if you can't comprehend that a loli is obviously far removed from a literal child, then you're just paranoid.
You dropped this king 👑

Yeah I completely agree. Lolis are literally not real there is no need to get angry. They do not exist
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 2020
FalseBlackSmith0 said:
Kizumonogatari movies are the worst part of Monogatari Series.
Makoto Shinkai is bad director.
NGE is not as good as people say.
The same goes for Konosuba.
Black Clover doesn't get better.
Original Higurashi season 2 ending is awful.
Kakegurui is alright.
out of all the shit takes here, somehow I'm most offended by "Kakegurui is alright".

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 2010
Xenovia is better than Rias and Akeno combined
You just imagined Rias and Akeno "combined", right? jajajajaja
Sep 29, 2022 2:56 PM

Sep 2020
FalseBlackSmith0 said:
Kizumonogatari movies are the worst part of Monogatari Series.
Makoto Shinkai is bad director.
NGE is not as good as people say.
The same goes for Konosuba.
Black Clover doesn't get better.
Original Higurashi season 2 ending is awful.
Kakegurui is alright.
Man that Kizumonogatari one hurts. Kizu 3 was incredible and is one of my favourite monogataris
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2022 2:57 PM

Sep 2018
3-gatsu no Lion anime is worse than the manga.

rohan121 said:
Yugioh Sevens is actually a really solid anime (English subbed of course).

This.
rohan121 said:
Fantasy Bishoujo is the best isekai.

I wouldn't say the best, but definitely above average.
Sep 29, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2021
Made In Abyss is fucking unwatcheble without a barf bag
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Sep 29, 2022 2:59 PM

Sep 2020
Tomodatchi Game > COTE
Yuuichi (Tomodatchi Game) > Ayanokoji (COTE)
Akudama Drive > Cyberpunk Edgerunners
Mob Psycho 100 is just a bad story with good animation. That is all it has.
Sep 29, 2022 3:04 PM

Jan 2011
Gintamas "serious" arcs arent that good, id say they are inferior to the basic comedic ones
Hunter X Hunter Chimera Ant arc isnt that impressive, a huge part of it consist of boring fights against fodder enemies that arent really a threat (ofc im not including the Royal Guard among the fodder ants)
Sep 29, 2022 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Anime are Japanese cartoons. Giving them a different name doesn't change that fact. Accept it and move on with your lives.
FanofActionSep 29, 2022 3:11 PM
Sep 29, 2022 3:09 PM

Sep 2020
DigiCat said:
Tis a small price to pay to experience one of the best modern anime. I would recommend a catheter as well. You never know when you might pee your pants on account of how great this show is.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 29, 2022 3:13 PM
Jun 2022
The only thing likable about Cowboy Bebop is the comedy.
Boruto is better than Naruto. I only read the manga of Boruto. I watched Naruto but didn't read the manga.
5615160554Sep 29, 2022 3:21 PM
Sep 29, 2022 3:15 PM

Sep 2022
Arguing about anime is a pointless exercise.
That's just my opinion.
Sep 29, 2022 3:17 PM

May 2021
samsince04 said:
DigiCat said:
Tis a small price to pay to experience one of the best modern anime. I would recommend a catheter as well. You never know when you might pee your pants on account of how great this show is.

On account of how gross some scenes are you mean... seriously, the more random clips i cath of this thing, the more i'm glad i dropped it
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Sep 29, 2022 3:18 PM
Sep 2017
If a female anime character is a minor (for example 16), but acts and/or looks like a grown up adult women, i don't think people should be cancelled for liking the character or drawing them lewd. Beside, it's not a real girl
Sep 29, 2022 3:19 PM

Feb 2020
PrettyPinkPoison said:

Sure, but it's interesting to see what people consider hot or unpopular takes.
Sep 29, 2022 3:23 PM

Sep 2022
Hintigo said:
PrettyPinkPoison said:

That was my hot take is it not interesting enough for you?
That's just my opinion.
Sep 29, 2022 3:23 PM

Sep 2020
NoblesseEssentia said:
The only thing likable about Cowboy Bebop is the comedy.
Boruto is better than Naruto. I only read the manga of Boruto. I watched Naruto but didn't read the manga.
Boruto better than Naruto? I've seen it all. That's enough MAL for today.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 29, 2022 3:27 PM

Feb 2020
PrettyPinkPoison said:
Hintigo said:

Touché, fair enough, thank you for the take
Sep 29, 2022 3:32 PM

May 2019
"hentai and ecchi > regular anime."
Sep 29, 2022 3:43 PM
Jul 2021
I like the fact that more and more members aren't afraid of saying the truth about made in abyss, they aren't afraid of the fan gang that was around just a few months ago.

What happened to those fans? Reality kicked their teeth out with a karate kick.

Oh, and that Summer Time Rendering isn't the next best thing since sliced bread. Another dud to be added to list of duds of Summer 2022 rooster.

Shit I could put the entire summer 2022 season in here except for Parallel World Pharmacy and even that one felt a bit off by the end of it's run.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 29, 2022 3:56 PM

May 2022
AoTs ending is ok
SAO is not as bad as people say
Demon Slayer is beside of the animations completely garbage
Anya from SxF is one of the most annoying characters of all time
Violet Evergarden was just boring
School Days was pritty nice
Fan Service is just annoying and ruins a story if its used too much
Sep 29, 2022 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
XenoHendrix1991 said:
If a female anime character is a minor (for example 16), but acts and/or looks like a grown up adult women, i don't think people should be cancelled for liking the character or drawing them lewd. Beside, it's not a real girl
Not particularly a hot take, only some SJW or obnoxious feminist would really disagree.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 29, 2022 5:15 PM

Jun 2011
Shinbo Akiyuki is overrated
Long running series like Pokemon, Detective Conan and Yu Gi Oh are great and we need more of it
Shoujo anime are underrated
Dragon Ball Z > Dragon Ball and it's not because of the action
BnHA is incredibly bland and only got popular because it took in Naruto's fans
Toei is a great studio despite its flaws
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2022 5:33 PM

Mar 2017
Teasing Master Takagi-san was one of the more difficult and stressful anime for me to get through.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Sep 29, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2022
PrettyPinkPoison said:
Hintigo said:

I liked it lol Its pointless, dumb, and.. kind of fun

Mine:
Death Note is average at best
Demon Slayer is slightly above average at best
Re:Zero becomes aggressively "meh" after leaving the mansion arc
Isekais are a fun, albeit mostly trashy, watch
The only good Gundam is Origin
Kaguya-sama is over-rated (though still a fun watch, admittedly)
Parasyte is a dark comedy, and nothing more
Dorohedoro lost itself in trying to be unique, and ended up as kind of a mess

And perhaps my hottest take..
People take all of this shit way too seriously
Sep 29, 2022 5:54 PM

Feb 2021
I think my most unpopular opinion that gets people actually mad on this site and in general is:

Anime piracy is bad, and there's no moral justification for it besides region locking.
Crunchyroll/Funimation get too much undeserved hate (not saying all the hate is undeserved)
Sep 29, 2022 5:55 PM

Apr 2022
Rent-a-Girlfriend is actually an isekai. This would explain the logic of that world
Sep 29, 2022 6:03 PM

Apr 2016
Every isekai is good till episode 3, after episode 3 most isekai becomes dog crap.
Sep 29, 2022 6:05 PM

Jan 2022
Mari Illustrious is not an inherently bad character, she's just misused.
Most people's hot takes are not very hot. Like we're talkin barely warm up a bagel at best.
K-ON season 1 is the better season.
-insert NGE meme here-
Sep 29, 2022 6:08 PM

Sep 2022
I probably have hundreds, but off the top of my head, Lost Agent is my favorite Bleach arc.
Sep 29, 2022 6:12 PM
Jan 2022
One Punch Man season 1 was ok. The concept and visuals were good, but there was no real conflict (which is also sort of the point), and the ending was completely hollow except for giving a short and random set up for Garou.
Sep 29, 2022 6:14 PM
Dec 2015
Demon Slayer is made for people who need their hand held at every given moment. They need to be told how to feel for every scene and they need every fight overly explained to them. Any time the main character swings his sword and the show doesn't pause to tell the viewer that he swung his sword they think that's revolutionary because of how much it overwhelms them.
Sep 29, 2022 6:15 PM

Nov 2018
Goku isn't a bad father. He did his best for someone who never went through a socialization process growing up and he an Chi-Chi managed to raise an amazing family.
Sep 29, 2022 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
Rent-a-Girlfriend is the best anime the 2020s have brought up so far.
Sep 29, 2022 6:27 PM

Dec 2011
- Code Geass (Lelouch of the Rebellion) wasn't all that great (besides a few good scenes, I struggled to get through the first season).
- I think Sakura Haruno (from Naruto) is a decent character (really don't understand the amount of hate she gets), for one thing, she did a lot more than Hinata did.

goldenrabbit U(⁎˃ᆺ˂)U
we are all in the perpetual quest for
keeping ourselves occupied, entertained,
and important—which burns at the edge of
addiction.
Sep 29, 2022 6:35 PM
Oct 2018
the seven deadly sins is better than fairy tail exact on the comedy at least trying to have a tematic and some carachter development.
Sep 29, 2022 7:03 PM

Oct 2019
demon slayer has the worst cast of characters in any main stream shounen I have seen by far.

Re:zero is not well written, its just a good story with extreme attention to detail, but the writing itself is below average.

evangelion 3.0 is the second best rebuild movie, but none of the rebuilds are as good as the original. and none of them are even close to EoE.

moriarty the patriot season 2 sucks and ruined a series that could have been amazing.

lain is not a slow burner, the pacing is just shit. the slowness is not used for build up like in monster or steins;gate, it's just slow for the sake of being slow and that's not a good thing.

you can always try to be more objective, but having an unbiased rating is impossible. a good critic is someone that can understand what is and what isn't their biased, and makes a judgment based of of that.

the original higurashi anime is extremely flawed and out dated. the VN is probably great, but the anime is really overrated.

99.9% of the things that people call problematic are fine.

platinum end sucks, but the ending is surprisingly good. if that same ending happened at the end of a "good" show, many people would call it one of the best endings out there.

hige hiro has 0 redeeming qualities and is a perfect example of a poorly written drama.

attack on titan season 4 is much, much, much worse than s3-1 production wise, and it baffles me how some people try to say it's around the same level.

and aot s4 part 2 dropped the ball HARD in the second half.

dub vs sub is the dumbest argument in anime community and is no different from making a war like "tv shows vs movies" or "food vs drinks"

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT DUB AND WHAT SUB YOU BAFOONS!!!
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 29, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2022
I have a bunch of shitty & unpopular opinions, but just to name a couple

-Granted I haven't seen all of them, but I feel that Tenki no Ko/Weathering with you is Shinkai's best film, > Your Name & 5 Centimeters Per Second
-Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is not all that great, it's decent at best
-In general Originals > manga adaptations
-ATLA and many other anime-inspired shows are arguably anime. I'm not saying they should necessarily be included on this site, but if you enjoy anime you probably will enjoy at least one of them
Sep 29, 2022 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
Made in Abyss is good just because of the soundtrack, and not even that saved the Bondrewd arc which is just awful. The manga is soulless and terribly written. The author has no idea how to create drama, so he just kills off characters for cheap melodrama. It has a lot of potential but the author never manages to really tap into it.

Kizumonogatari is one of the worst vampire stories ever told. Even Twilight is better than it. People just thinks it's genious because it's by Inisioisin.

On that note, Monogatari is good but its fans overlook a lot of its shortcomings, especially how often Nisioisin bullshits his way through blatant exposition and bad writing and try to pass it as wit.

Elitists don't exist.

Vivy was mediocre. Not terrible, just mediocre, like a below average scifi flick made for streaming. I have no idea how it became such a hit.

Psycho Pass is fine. People like to bash at it for being dumb and pretentious and like to compare it to other cyberpunk works. Cyberpunk not nearly the intelligent genre people make it out to be.

Jojo part 2 is the worst one and Jotaro sucks.

The Akira manga is a masterpiece, but the movie is so much better paced and the 70% of the manga that was cut made absolutely no difference for the story.
Sep 29, 2022 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Ecchi is a good genre as any other, and the shows are actually pretty creative. Huge amounts of gore doesn't make your show "mature", it just makes it and edgefest.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 31 minutes ago

4 by SgtBateMan »»
8 minutes ago

» What are the modern beginner-friendly Anime for each genre?

Dragevard - 16 minutes ago

2 by rohan121 »»
14 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

106 by Mr_Libra »»
22 minutes ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 9 hours ago

33 by DigiCat »»
24 minutes ago

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - Yesterday

22 by ryan77999 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.