Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
From Masaki Tsuzuki, the creator of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Dog Days (god those character designs are nostalgia), comes the bizarre collaboration of sports and idol themes. The formula's been done before...

And I'm already thinking...why does everything need to be Uma Musume-fied? Ugh...this is an original series and not off of a game, so disparities are non-existent.

The case of this girl Hiyori Hayama: someone who's not into Hyper Sports, but more into singing, with debut songs that have little to no popularity. She has a staunch supporter: kouhai Saki Kodaka (whom has fallen out of sports due to conflicts and leaning into music). Since her music career isn't all working out, the chance to compete in a Hyper Sports tournament is open, but the competition is harsh for a newbie like Hiyori.

Since Hiyori's gonna enter the Hyper Sports tournament, she's gonna need all the help that she can get, and Saki's childhood friend Sumika Maehara assists to teach her all about Hyper Sports (that consists of many various sports) and the use of Extreme Gear...it's Cute Girls Doing Sporty Things in various assigned and made-up teams that's no pushover. With Hiyori's newcomer team RISE, hopefully they'll rise up to the occasion.

NGL, the soccer match has that Blue Lock flare, only if the cast were all female.

OK, I will at least give this a chance for this to showcase what's it about. At worse, it's a PuraOre thing again.
KANLen09Jul 9, 2022 11:20 AM
Jul 9, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
Uma Musume-fied indeed. It's the new normal in these all-female sports anime.

Personally, I don't mind because I'm a huge sucker of these type of shows. I think they are cute and easy watch. :)

Really nice first episode. Definitely better than I expected.

SerafosJul 9, 2022 2:22 PM
Jul 9, 2022 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
YEA...... Another idol-esque show and it's Uma Musume, but with superpower sports girl instead of the horse girl.
This might be the reason why players from Captain Tsubasa and Prince of Tennis can use their superpowers. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 9, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2011
Can be said that is like Uma Musume, but soul-wise is the evolution of Pride of Orange.

How many sports you want in this anime? Yes, and over-the-top too.

Sadly looks like Inazuma Eleven, just this and next episode.
Jul 9, 2022 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
This gives me birdie wing mixed with cramer vibes. From the creator of Nanoha and you def see that in the designs and art

Really fun first episode . Major contender for hidden gem of the season
Jul 9, 2022 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
Not bad. Nice idea about mixing various sport types and idols.
Grad ED song.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2022 1:40 PM

Jun 2021
So is this considered a sports anime? An idol anime? Or both? Hiyori is a good singer and she’s pretty athletic so both could work. I suppose a sports idol anime is a pretty novel concept. The specialized equipment kind of reminded me of Tribe Nine a little bit.

Decent first episode with nice music and an interesting concept. I think I’ll watch a few more episodes before I decide whether to keep this as weekly or as an end of season binge.
Jul 9, 2022 2:46 PM
Nov 2020
so far I feel like the first episode was rushed with all the things it was trying to do. if this evolves into a heartwarming sports anime with fun characters and an idol teamwork twist than it might actually be decent. but the pacing of episode 1 is highly worrying for me at least.
Jul 9, 2022 3:38 PM

May 2014
It was okay. Don't really have anything against it, so we'll see where it goes. Not gonna lie though, kind of upsetting seeing Tsuzuki's first real new work in a couple of years be this rather than another chronologically new Nanoha entry (which is sorely needed after how absolutely awful Nanoha Force was).
Jul 9, 2022 4:48 PM

Aug 2020
why they do it like this man. Another idol show in disguise.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 9, 2022 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
This tournament just allows automatas to be used in place of humans, and somehow they suck more than a bunch of idols who are fast-track learning a bunch of sports to play at hyper speed.
But it's ok, the tournament also allows unregistered players to just sub in because why not.

I'm gonna enjoy this show with my brain turned completely off.
Jul 9, 2022 7:23 PM
Oct 2018
yea, the match somehow feels odd that they allow robots and unregistered players.

from the op, seems that the robots will stay in team with other idols
gspbeetleJul 9, 2022 7:26 PM
Jul 9, 2022 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
Loli-Knight said:
kind of upsetting seeing Tsuzuki's first real new work in a couple of years be this rather than another chronologically new Nanoha entry (which is sorely needed after how absolutely awful Nanoha Ref+Det was).

Fixed it for you lol.

Supposedly they're currently working on new Nanoha project, but they haven't announce anything new since January 2020 lol.
Jul 9, 2022 10:01 PM

Jan 2017
I'm all down for EXTREME Sports, but why do they have to tack on idol themes just like Umamusume did goddamnit
FragmantLemonJul 9, 2022 10:29 PM
Jul 9, 2022 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
I figured Sumika registered the both of them as team mates, but damn it took them long enough. The AIs were programmed to suck.
Jul 10, 2022 12:16 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
is this considered a sports anime? An idol anime? Or both? Hiyori is a good singer and she’s pretty athletic so both could work. I suppose a sports idol anime is a pretty novel concept. The specialized equipment kind of reminded me of Tribe Nine a little bit.

Decent first episode with nice music and an interesting concept.
It's the new normal in these all-female sports anime.

Personally, I don't mind because I'm a huge sucker or these type of shows. I think they are cute and easy watch.

Really nice first episode. Definitely better than I expected.

Jul 10, 2022 2:35 AM

Feb 2016
I don't get why the low score, this 1st episode was really nice, better than expected, a bit rushed but who cares, that way we can get to the action sooner, the girls are cute I loved them, this looks to be really fun to watch.

I see a lot of people comparing this to Uma Musume, but why? Did you guys even knew all of the horses and races on that series actually existed/happened, right? You can say this may sound crazy but that anime is literally a "documentary" in some way about the history of japanese horse racing, the horses being cute girls was done because why the fk no, and they turning into idols at the end of every race is just a bonus, it IS an idol anime after all, and this one is too but also is 100% fiction, idols playing extreme sports with futuristic equipment sounds fkng sick to me, and if you are not into sports or idol animes then just don't watch this, and try to, idk, learn to read a bit about the stuff you are planning to watch for the following months before doing so?

For real, why do people even watch this new anime (or UmaMusu) if they don't like idols? Again, just read the damn anime page (Theme: Music) and/or at least watch the trailer before watching something if it actually was something you planned on doing lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jul 10, 2022 2:50 AM

Jun 2015
Im getting a wholesome moe vibe. Although chruncy service right now kept buffering while watching which pissed me off.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 10, 2022 6:43 AM

Jul 2017
StallionXD said:
I see a lot of people comparing this to Uma Musume, but why? Did you guys even knew all of the horses and races on that series actually existed/happened, right? You can say this may sound crazy but that anime is literally a "documentary" in some way about the history of japanese horse racing, the horses being cute girls was done because why the fk no, and they turning into idols at the end of every race is just a bonus, it IS an idol anime after all, and this one is too but also is 100% fiction, idols playing extreme sports with futuristic equipment sounds fkng sick to me, and if you are not into sports or idol animes then just don't watch this, and try to, idk, learn to read a bit about the stuff you are planning to watch for the following months before doing so?

For real, why do people even watch this new anime (or UmaMusu) if they don't like idols? Again, just read the damn anime page (Theme: Music) and/or at least watch the trailer before watching something if it actually was something you planned on doing lol
Shows like Uma Musume were the new trend back in the day, and it felt fresh. Nowadays most anime like this are just banking on the same exact CGDCT-idol trend that the execution got worse overtime, to each his/her own. If you like the idol themes that's sprinkled with other themes, you be you. Prolly you haven't watch shows like PuraOre, that might be one additional show that you'll like since the themes are the same.

Just saying that where there's good, there's also bad as well.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShadowMonkeyJul 15, 2022 7:28 AM
Jul 10, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2017
Wow,, its mixing between idol and sport,,
never heard about this before,,
i love her song, its calming and can save people,,
the animation color was very good i think im gonna watching next episode
Jul 10, 2022 8:14 AM

Jan 2021
The first episode is fine, but the concept that an idol has to also be good at baseball, basketball and football sounds funny. Do those girls even need to sleep or get some rest? That sounds very tough and "extreme".

The voice actresses are doing well and the song is pleasant. And can't say many things about the first episode as it just goes typical that a girl fails many times and finds a chance to change her life. The only thing I find quite weird is that Sumika and Saki are sitting on the audience stage, but the next minute they're already on the field. If they are also a part of the team, why just sit on the audience stage and see how miserable Uprise is in the match lol

Anyway, I look forward to further episodes. And I'm excited to hear Fukuhara's performance next time as this is my main reason of watching this anime.
Jul 10, 2022 3:26 PM

Oct 2008
gonna follow this since its Original and there no spoilers pests to deal with...
3/5.

Jul 10, 2022 10:48 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Another sports idol anime inspired by Uma Musume. They thought the biggest charm is the winning celebration concert. Then they focused real hard for the song, while forgetting that the anime itself needs to be done properly to build up emotional value for the concert.

I don't like the script. It's lacking much explanation, like how Sumika rent those robots, how she registered the team, why Saki from letting Hiyori went alone to suddenly entered the pitch alongside Sumika. And also, that mail sending scene at the start seems meaningless.

Not a good start. The drop potential is huge. 4/10 for now.
Jul 11, 2022 1:54 AM

Oct 2007
enjoyed it a lot.

Hiyori keeps going even with so many failures. Well, even with just one fan, an idol can continue.

it appears that swapping players is legal to do mid-game?

looking forward to next week! :)
Jul 11, 2022 1:55 AM

Mar 2016
Totally trash...
Jul 11, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
Regardless of how bad the character design is so much so that the design of the main character is almost yui design ( but of course very badly ), The first episode is too random and ridiculous, the sequence of events is too fast and doesn't give the viewer a chance to form feelings for the characters.. STOP! Why at all am I seriously talking about an anime like this? It is enough to look at the poster to know terrible and random it is
Ryuzaki775Jul 11, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 11, 2022 10:39 AM

Feb 2016
StallionXD said:

Shows like Uma Musume were the new trend back in the day, and it felt fresh. Nowadays most anime like this are just banking on the same exact CGDCT-idol trend that the execution got worse overtime, to each his/her own. If you like the idol themes that's sprinkled with other themes, you be you. Prolly you haven't watch shows like PuraOre, that might be one additional show that you'll like since the themes are the same.

Just saying that where there's good, there's also bad as well.[/quote]

Ok but did you learn read about stuff you plan on watching before doing so? lol

This is so funny to me, you are so funny to me, like, you saw this anime thinking it was something totally different, didn't liked it, and yet you were the user to open the forum discussion on it's 1st episode instead of just dropping this and move on when it was your own fault for watching something you don't even like, this made me laugh hard.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jul 11, 2022 1:35 PM
Dec 2019
Guess it won't have a great animation from the sport side, but let's see how Extreme it turn out
Jul 11, 2022 4:36 PM

Aug 2021
I don't know how curious it was to combine music with sport but the girl sings very angelic.
Jul 12, 2022 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
i'm really enjoying this one, could easily be one of my favorite non sequels

my only complain is that the 2 girls should have joined her team at start, not when she was losing by 12 goals lol
that being said, i have no idea how it works, it could be that they still have enough time to score 30 goals , or not have enough time to even score 5...
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
What quick Episode, it acted like the series has been here for a while. Not complaining nevertheless.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 15, 2022 1:37 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwww it was so cute. My little Saki is a lesbian and is in love with an Idol,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And now she is going to help her girlfriend to reach her dreams♥♥

Love all the sweet Yuri

This is the reason why I like female-only sports anime they are so gay and fabulous. And no male characters in sight to spoil my fun. Awesome!!

Sumika seems to be a little Yuri fan. or a woman of culture ,,, Having that big smile on her face when the lesbians are flirting LOL

Yuri-CrusaderJul 15, 2022 3:03 AM
Jul 15, 2022 6:39 AM

Feb 2021
I kept thinking the episode was going to end and then it kept on giving more and more, got a time lapse of a month too for Hiyori's training, and then all of a sudden Saki and Sumika just join the game like that? Interesting. Seems like a fun time in any case. I think that ED might be the OP next episode, let's see.
Jul 16, 2022 5:43 PM

Nov 2009
Can't wait til we get those shoes in RL...

I'll never be late ever again, LOL.

___ ___ ___

Hyper Sports seems to be just a combination of multiple sports into one.

This means instead of like in RL training for just one sport, you would have to train for every single sports... I guess you could say... it's Extreme.

BTW... are they super rich? or does all the mech equipment including robots super cheap in their world?

(But then again... I guess Hiyori registered solo... so she has to partner up with robots...)

(But then again again... aren't they disqualified for having 2 other girls suddenly joining in? are they even registered?)

___ ___ ___

Also, it's not a bad series, even if a lot of setting is inspired from other series.

The Idol theme is going strong, more and more series are leaning toward sing and songs regardless of whatever other themes there are.

Such as Medicine/Healing Idols, War Idols, School Idols, VR/AR Idols, Animal Idols etc etc, and now we got Sports Idols.

___ ___ ___
amlgJul 16, 2022 5:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 18, 2022 3:40 AM

Nov 2017
A great surprise especially with the mix of idols and team sports! I also really like the opening!
Jul 18, 2022 11:43 AM

Nov 2016
Lise's loser mentality as fucking over the top as this anime. To a certain extent I'm a fan of extreme all girls sports anime and hyper sports sounds pretty awesome xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2022 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
I thought when they did pride of orange it was stupidly absurd and now they're making a show even worse than that one..... sighhhh there is no hope
Jul 28, 2022 2:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely reminds me of Battle Athletess Daiundoukai, I like the multiple sports at once being amplified, though it seemed pretty unfair to me to have robots in your team
Jul 28, 2022 3:20 AM

Aug 2018
Hyper sports, interesting.
I liked the first chapter, let's see how Hiyori does in the tests. Hiyori is pretty and sings well.
The opening is very good.
Aug 6, 2022 10:30 PM
Dec 2021
Jaja, una Yui Hirasawa chipeada
Sep 26, 2022 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode. Lovely voice and full of girly friendship! I would tag this as a CGDCT. >_<

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 11, 2023 3:29 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting start.
I'm not impressed by main trio, although creepy tutorial girl is pretty hot. The fan-girl is super annoying and the main girl is expectedly bland.
From the spoiler ED we can assume that they're gonna form some kind of a team with the other two girls, one of whom is typical hot black-haired silent type and the other one is just fan-girl's clone.
The bots are super useless but super cute. I don't get why the tutorial girl and fan-girl didn't play the football game from the start. They are obviously better than MC let alone stupid bots. Also, they must be registered as a team members to join the game, so i actually have no idea why they were sitting on their asses, waiting for 5:17.
I like the setting and the sports are awesome but it seems like yet another CGDCT anime about sports plus idol activities.
GvendolineFeb 11, 2023 3:36 AM
Nov 15, 2023 8:12 AM

Mar 2013
Alright, time to rewatch this!
First of all, I really like that part where they truly made a time for Saki to contemplate and struggle whether she would want to help Hiyori or
not because of her past.

Probably thanks to Hiyori's struggles, Saki finally joined the team with Sumika to help out Hiyori with her dream. This is really a nice start. I can't believe they would use a humanoid A.I. to play sports. (I may have forgotten the series already or I probably didn't watched this as intently as possible)

Anyway, those A.I.'s doesn't seem to be of any use for a more sophisticated approach to deal with real human players. (But maybe that's how they were created, though I wonder how they acquired it in the first place. Are they renting them perhaps...? >.>

Still, I like these kinds of friendly relationships where there's no yuri intact.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 13, 2022

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Dec 1, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2022

13 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 30, 2022

10 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 23, 2022

18 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

26 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.