Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
That funeral scene hit hard but you know this isn't the true end for Ushio.

They're going at a steady pace with the adaptation so far, even showing more of what Shadows are capable of. I think the stabbing scene in the manga felt more gruesome though. While the Shadows are still a mystery, it seems Shinpei is starting to make use of his powers avoid their vote. Even Mio know the truth by now thanks to him. Definitely got the impression of a supernatural thriller now with these two episodes.
Apr 21, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2020
This feels like Re zero all over again, except the main one here, Shinpei isn’t that fond of dying over and over again. Though again these shadows do seem a lot more capable… a bit too much and I guess Ushio’s death definitely has something to do with them. Great thing Shinpei’s actually working to dig out the whole mystery behind them.
Another intriguing episode.
Apr 21, 2022 8:47 AM
Feb 2022
Stark700 said:
That funeral scene hit hard but you know this isn't the true end for Ushio.

They're going at a steady pace with the adaptation so far, even showing more of what Shadows are capable of. I think the stabbing scene in the manga felt more gruesome though. While the Shadows are still a mystery, it seems Shinpei is starting to make use of his powers avoid their vote. Even Mio know the truth by now thanks to him. Definitely got the impression of a supernatural thriller now with these two episodes.

Its pg-13 after all, cant blame them for that. The upcoming gory scenes will be even more disturbing.
kurukuru_0Apr 21, 2022 4:47 PM
Apr 21, 2022 9:44 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Overall it was a pretty interesting episode, looks like the main character is competent enough to begin unraveling the mystery.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KuniiApr 21, 2022 1:57 PM
Apr 21, 2022 2:41 PM

Feb 2021
I’m confused by this thread the episode hasn’t been airing yet
bam
Apr 21, 2022 3:41 PM

Jan 2020
Man this protagonist is 100x smarter and cooler than Subaru's dumbass lmao. Shinpei da goat
Apr 21, 2022 4:59 PM

Jan 2019
Censorship already...
"Never underestimate the stupidity of the average anime fan"
Apr 21, 2022 5:24 PM

Aug 2020
This is getting exciting. Shadows are scary. Good thing shinpei took a step back and did everything he could to avoid murder

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 21, 2022 5:56 PM

Feb 2020
im feeling that this anime - going forward - will not be focusing on the 'mystery' aspects of the story. Which isn't inherently bad, but it would've been nicer if it was more like one
Apr 21, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
So everyone was comparing it to re zero but now that I think about it, this is literally Jordan Peele’s US mixed with Higurashi. It’s a goddamn shame it’s in Disney Jail. No idea why they would license something to not show it while it’s airing in japan. It makes way more sense to ride the hype rather than wait.

I also think that big tiddied onee-san is a looper as well. Would explain why she’s at the temple in the first ep.
Apr 21, 2022 6:04 PM
Jul 2017
KatoWorks said:
Man this protagonist is 100x smarter and cooler than Subaru's dumbass lmao. Shinpei da goat

This is why I like Shinpei as a main character. He doesn’t question things, he just thinks objectively and acts.
Apr 21, 2022 6:39 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Another good episode, really hope to this anime to keep this pacing and quality.
Apr 21, 2022 7:02 PM

Apr 2020
shin should just tell mio that he can return from death this would be much easier

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Apr 21, 2022 7:14 PM

Feb 2017
The obvious comparison one could make between Shinpei and another anime character is Subaru from Re:Zero. The main difference in their character backgrounds and actual situations however are VITAL in making them entirely separate - Subaru's background is, compared to our own, relatively ordinary. As such, the idea of being able to be reborn or go back in time in some fashion is something that one could more easily chalk up to a dream or crazy hallucination. Also, let's be reasonable - I don't think everyone would immediately jump to the "OMG I can loop time" conclusion.

To contrast this, Shinpei was born and raised on the island. As a result, he is more privy to and more likely to listen to the folklore surrounding the island and its spirits / populace. It is, to use another word, more engrained in his cultural upbringing than someone like Subaru, who didn't grow up in such a place. Plus, he was not simply "plucked" and put somewhere else - he is reborn into the world he already knows, with the exact same circumstances that brought Shinpei to the island in the first place (the death of Ushio).

I want to make it clear that this is NOT a comparison between "which character is better." Rather, it's just a demonstration that the knee-jerk comparison is perhaps not as clean-cut as we might like to think.

Aside from that, it was a strong follow-up. We get some immediate answers to some of the mysteries that the first episode proposed, while still allowing for much mystery to still come forward. The audio-visual presentation is still spot-on, and the Shadow effect worked quite well...though I do have to question why Shinpei, who grew up on an island, doesn't know how to swim. I know that you're not required to know regardless of where you live, but GIVEN where they live, it seems a bit odd.

"This ain't America." As an American, I had to laugh at that.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Apr 21, 2022 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Disney Jail somehow worse than netflix , which is kinda killing a somewhat interesting show with potential

i'll forget about shinpei getting over what's going on very quickly for the sake of us as viewers being able to progress through the loops far faster and he has done some smarter things

while somewhat graphic it seems inconsistent on what it wants to show like the officer stabbing sounded 10x worse than what happened to him meanwhile shinpeis 2nd death had blood all over gasping for air like sheesh

hard bold lines is a look for when some shocking stuff happens
Apr 21, 2022 7:25 PM

May 2021
"This ain't America." I lost it.

The tension in the story is handled well, with the mystery actually having me hooked. The censorship has struck but that just means I can watch it later with my brother when the dub comes out. The characterization is a bit lacking for me though its not too big of a problem. #4 currently in Spring 2022 for me.

KatoWorks said:

I know, right? So cool. Indeed, Kirito is better than Subaru.
RioFSApr 21, 2022 7:50 PM

Apr 21, 2022 7:27 PM

Sep 2021
I liking this actually more than the manga, especially because the animation is very good and i love to see how great the adaptation is going,

This chapter was interesting with shinpei actually believe he is in a time loop very fast, and I like that because him being from and island were they believe in certain things, make the time loop and actual possibility for him.
Mapachecool999Apr 21, 2022 8:38 PM
Apr 21, 2022 7:58 PM

Jul 2017
N2OBLUe said:
Have you ever heard of TV, or even Disney+ (if Netfllix jail is something you've heard)?
Apr 21, 2022 7:59 PM
Nov 2010
N2OBLUe said:

It's already aired on Japan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2022 8:26 PM
Jan 2018
N2OBLUe said:

You got Disney+jail to blame for no simulcast
Apr 21, 2022 8:31 PM

Oct 2017
Shinpei's handling things pretty well, he learned from his previous loops fast and is adapting accordingly. I'd like him to team up with Hizuru soon. Also Mio was adorable in this episode.
MegamiRemMay 7, 2022 1:49 AM
Apr 21, 2022 8:34 PM

Jul 2021
So after Mio and Shinpei got shot by “shadow” Mio, they got teleported in the middle of the ocean and Mio carried Shiori’s body while Suo tried to do CPR on Ushio but it’s already obvious that she’s pretty much dead. LOL once again Shinpei got his head touched by Hizuru’s boobs and got slapped again yikes but this time Hizuru communicate with Shinpei furthermore and remember that Shinpei and Mio went to the shrine and got killed by Mio the “shadow” + assuring that the time on his phone got something to do with speeding the event occurring, and likewise, to build more of Shinpei’s narratives along the way as he can recall his first life and so forth.

The blood coming over Totsumura, Mio is a psycho fr and heh shadow Mio shifted Totsumura body that went from an actual shadow monster turned back to his normal body but it’s still a shadow in consideration and Totsumura is either hypnotize or not and we know the shadow is the disease so they’re evil and oh fucking god she eventually proceeds to stab Shinpei after his phone was ringing ;_;

Also Ara ara Hizuru (a milf contender :o) is so fine with that upside-down view mhm mhm refreshing to hear her talking about what she ate while using her voice recorder to record it lmao journalist would do, how thoughtful!. And okay wtf I'd be terrified if a shadow of me would be seen in Shinpei’s recording and now Mio is left in shock I guess ;_;
CQLLISTApr 21, 2022 9:03 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 21, 2022 8:39 PM

May 2017
Softhenic03 said:
This feels like Re zero all over again, except the main one here, Shinpei isn’t that fond of dying over and over again. Though again these shadows do seem a lot more capable… a bit too much and I guess Ushio’s death definitely has something to do with them. Great thing Shinpei’s actually working to dig out the whole mystery behind them.
Another intriguing episode.

yea shinpei is a smart protagonist :)
Apr 21, 2022 8:39 PM

Sep 2021
CQLLIST said:
So after Mio and Shinpei got shot by “shadow” Mio, they got teleported in the middle of the ocean and Mio carried Shiori’s body while Suo tried to do CPR on Ushio but it’s already obvious that she’s pretty much dead. LOL once again Shinpei got his head touched by Hizuru’s boobs and got slapped again yikes but this time Hizuru communicate with Shinpei furthermore and remember that Shinpei and Mio went to the shrine and got killed by Mio the “shadow” + assuring that the time on his phone got something to do with speeding the event occurring, and likewise, to build more of Shinpei’s narratives along the way as he can recall his first life and so forth.

The blood coming over Totsumura, Mio is a psycho fr and heh shadow Mio shifted Totsumura body that went from an actual shadow monster turned back to his normal body but it’s still a shadow in consideration and Totsumura is either hypnotize or not and we know the shadow is the disease so they’re evil and oh fucking god she eventually proceeds to stab Shinpei after his phone was ringing ;_;

Also Ara ara Hizuru (a milf contender :o) is so fine with that upside-down view mhm mhm refreshing to hear her talking about what she ate while using her voice recorder to record it lmao journalist would do, how thoughtful! Also, she knows about. And okay wtf I'd be terrified if a shadow of me would be seen in Shinpei’s recording and now Mio is left in shock I guess ;_;

Mapachecool999 said:
I liking this actually more than the manga, especially because the animation is very good and i love to see how great the adaptation is going, obviously I think this could have a rushed ending, but for me this could be better because I actually felt the manga ending was dragged out.

Just saying but can you at least not say this in an anime episode discussion next time or maybe put spoilers on it though it's not anything big but worrisome? Because it's just the 2nd episode and even if it's true, most of the people here are anime-onlies so what you're saying may leave them disregarded when the anime is ending after knowing the manga ending is dragged out.

Sorry i already change it
Apr 21, 2022 8:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This has certainly picked up with this episode, it didn’t take long for Shin to realize he’s repeating July 22nd, and honestly I like that, that’s probably what most people would think when the day is going down just like your “dream” lol. We also learned more about the shadows, we witness shadow Mio killing the cop (which also means he was a shadow at one point last episode lol) and then she creates a shadow of him after killing him, and then Shin is immediately found out and stabbed which I’m glad to see was very bloody.

Next we’re already in the game, Shin is trying to find ways to survive certain death, he saved the cop by faking a report, and then he recorded the shadow Mio standing outside the house, I’m definitely a fan of the moves so far, and now he’s gotten the real Mio onboard with the shadow business and we’re possibly on our way to a safe day 2, who knows tho lol, that’s why I love this time loop stuff in anime.

And sadly we lost the boob checkpoint after one reset, and we also lost the panty shot too, those are the true losses so far lol, but at least we got a Mio shower scene to make up for it. I’m also enjoying the plot with the glasses girl, it seems like she might be hunting the shadows and that little girl that Ushio saved is one potentially, and the plot thickens. Definitely really enjoying this so far, lots of cool stuff and a very intriguing mystery unfolding, idk how the pacing will vary going forward but it’s definitely good so far imo.
TheColonel76Apr 21, 2022 8:53 PM
Apr 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Apr 2020
Shinpei actually seems like a smart mc, 5/5 episode
Apr 21, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
"He's already a .." Blank

Shinpei or Shin has the ability to go back in time to July 22nd even after he dies. That line could very much be hinting that he's a shadow, but a good one. It seems that shadows can create more shadows and are after the original. The cloning/creation of shadow involves a flash, which we see in the funerary ceremony. Who gets cloned then? Is it Ushio? Or is it someone else who gets killed during the funeral? How is it related to that little girl? And what's that pretty lady investigating?

Shin is already trying to solve this mystery little by little by changing certain events and finding evidence, but we'll see how long it will take before he gets killed again or how many deaths before he breaks out of this cycle.

Really good episode, I can't wait for more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 21, 2022 9:21 PM

Oct 2021
I am glad that Shinpei is aware of the situation he is in unlike other protagonist, especially in Time-Travel genre.
Episode starts with shinpei dreaming of ushio's death scene, I wonder how he is able to see past?
He already died two times in a row. Nonetheless he finally concludes that he is traveling back in time. But wtf was that goop like creature taking human forms?!
This episode left viewers with alot of mystery and unanswered questions.

Overall a Great Episode, enough to keep me hooked whole time. Very excited for next week...
Apr 21, 2022 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Shinpei's Re:Zero moment of seeing Ushio's drowning to save Shiori Kobayakawa, and another of doing the same "fanservice" thing again to the woman whom got shot the day later by Mio's doppelganger, things are slowing beginning to unravel of a nightmare dream turned reality, heralded by Nagumo Ryuunosuke's "Swampman" novel that Shin was reading before he descended into Hitogashima.

Repeat the process again, and Shinpei is taking cautious steps to re-trace and collect his thoughts from Mio's abrupt meeting to Ushio's funeral, is it the work of the Shadows? And the lone police officer Tetsu meeting Mio's Shadow is proof of that, and Tetsu's Shadow copied from the real thing to kill the real Mio, Shinpei just couldn't believe what was happening.

Another time reset, and this time Shinpei tries to stop Mio from diving into the ocean, to the effect that he can't swim, and has to let Mio save him instead. But even more so, it's going through the same events done everyday, but putting on a more cautious phase to know what's coming for him of the Shadows and the supposedly "Shadow disease"...though protecting the real Mio in the bath ain't one job done.

With an average of 5-6 chapters per episode, I'm more impressed that this DOES NOT feel like the anime's rushing to adapt the source material in its entirety, yet feels natural. And yes the censorship will have some complain, but I'd think that it's handled well given TV broadcast standards (and sadly Disney's as well).
Apr 21, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
Not a spoiler, but just a clue for who miss the things after this episode: When shadow mio awakens the shadow policeman, there's a flash which is the same flash when ushio's funeral (I think it'll play important things later). And one clear thing it means that the policeman whom they met in a cafe is a shadow. One last attention, restart poin is different
RhaiasApr 21, 2022 10:07 PM
Apr 21, 2022 10:16 PM

Jan 2020
I really liked this episode ngl. Not sure why but time loop series can be up my alley. Art and animation were pleasant as always and I really like the intelligence of the protagonist.

The first shadow scene with Mio and Police was quite creepy and handled well. I'mlooking forward to the future

Apr 21, 2022 10:18 PM
Feb 2022
I just checked ep2 again and you guys wanna see what I found?
>> Shadow Mio's panty is pure WHITE, lmao :D
Apr 21, 2022 11:05 PM
Aug 2012
kurukuru_0 said:
I just checked ep2 again and you guys wanna see what I found?
>> Shadow Mio's panty is pure WHITE, lmao :D

First anime I've ever seen to give me the same panty shot 3 times in two episodes, I'm THIS FUCKING CLOSE to giving it a 10!!!

All jokes aside, I know its early, but this might end up being my favorite anime of the year. Loving it alot.
Apr 21, 2022 11:16 PM

May 2020
if it keeps on going like this it'll prolly be anime of the season for me

Apr 21, 2022 11:24 PM

Jun 2021
Mio's shadow wasn't content with just killing the police officer, she had to go and kill all of America.
Apr 21, 2022 11:30 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, another stellar episode, this.

Shadow Mio-chan and police officer scene was unsettling to watch but that representation of Shin being stabbed and losing his life was quite something too. “He already…” and then his soul? Okay, I need answers.

Looks like that other lady is up to something as well, of course. I got the feeling that she suspects the little girl to be a shadow or something of the sort. Recording oneself though, I wonder if she’s somehow going through this loop as well.

Credits to Shin for saving the police officer in the end and managing to record Shadow Mio-chan to convince her on his side. Pity that he just had to exchange a bloody nose for it, xD.

Personally, a part of me kind of wanted the shadow thing to be more abstract or whatnot but well, this was pretty good as it was and here’s to hoping it’ll continue to be so.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 22, 2022 1:05 AM

Apr 2014
KANLen09 said:

With an average of 5-6 chapters per episode, I'm more impressed that this DOES NOT feel like the anime's rushing to adapt the source material in its entirety, yet feels natural. And yes the censorship will have some complain, but I'd think that it's handled well given TV broadcast standards (and sadly Disney's as well).

What did they censor mate?
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 22, 2022 1:13 AM

Dec 2020
woah.. that was. Wtf. im glad shinpei actually uses his brain lol, that hidden camera recording + checking on mio was a good move.

him getting killed was so ?#!#+#+ but it looks like . ushio may be behind all these time travel shit? uegrjwehj Sawry my brain isnt good enough to even make theories out of this

ed was so unsettling. but like in a good way? that doesnt make sense erm its just amazing how they made it so unsettling
Apr 22, 2022 1:16 AM

Dec 2014
I swear it only gets better and better
Apr 22, 2022 1:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The plot is progressing quickly, I like it. Shinpei has already shown one other person that the Shadows exist.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 22, 2022 2:01 AM

May 2020
AcceleratorAngel said:
KANLen09 said:

What did they censor mate?

the sex and etc basically disney dont like 18+ material
Apr 22, 2022 2:04 AM

Mar 2020
Ugh another great episode. The Kage stuffs are really creepy.

Shinpei-kun finally made it to July 23rd and saving Totsumura-san from being killed by that Kage Mio-chan that night. And the recording was a good proof.

Looking forward what will Shinpei-kun & Mio-chan will do about knowing this.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 22, 2022 2:11 AM

Apr 2016
this has so much potential as it is diving into the Steins;Gate, Re:Zero, and Erased market of time travel.

this ep was so disturbing and they barely showed anything of the shadows. I shudder in anticipation of future run-ins and deaths.

also shinpei is a cool MC
Apr 22, 2022 2:32 AM

Feb 2021
Shinpei is gonna be one of the best protagonist in anime hands down, the second episode is great and the upcoming ones are gonna be better, and if the adaptation keeps it faithful along with the animation then this show deserves to be at the top spot. I hope people with social media here will promote it and help get it recognition since disney jail is not helping at all.
Overall shinpei>>>ur fav ;)
bam
Apr 22, 2022 2:37 AM

Feb 2021
michlayer said:
N2OBLUe said:

It's already aired on Japan

Thank you i watched it, i made the comment yesterday when it wasn’t available
bam
Apr 22, 2022 2:59 AM

Apr 2012
i feel like they could make like 100 episodes of this with different loops without any story and i would not even complain if its as good as thoses 2 eps.

just the mc trying to figure out things, like the broken brakes etc
Apr 22, 2022 3:01 AM

Sep 2017
An eccentric inspector arriving in a small and isolated village, recording their very own thoughts about everything, especially food ?

Am I in Twin Peaks again ?
Apr 22, 2022 3:02 AM
Jun 2021
Catching the 'Shadow' on camera seems pretty smart ngl... Imma jus wait and see how this unfolds
Apr 22, 2022 3:30 AM

Jan 2022
Really liking it so far. I haven't seen Re Zero, so can't really compare although I know it has that same aspect. Good episode!
Apr 22, 2022 4:02 AM
Apr 2022
2nd ep was so much more intriguing than the 1st, fake mio stabbing the cop w a smile on was so creepy; also why didn't she kill shin tho🤔+his different colored eyes, is he a copy himself??? i have so many questions. I'm liking this more than i thought.
p.s thank god it didn't take him few more deaths before realising he's looping, subaru could never😂
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2022

103 by Itachiunderwater »»
Today, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2022

180 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Jun 25, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

152 by infring »»
Jun 19, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

476 by DynaXam »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.