Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 9:27 PM
Nov 2007
Didn't give a fuck about Zick's backstory and enjoyed Levi cutting him. Their plan is absolute garbage BTW. I think Eren will just eat all the titans and return the power to of the Titans. He will end up eating all of them, or maybe Armin will do it, but their plan is moronic and it's not a freedom. It's more of a slow genocide.
Mar 21, 2021 9:39 PM
Jul 2020
amazing episode. The OST and voice acting really brought it to life
Mar 21, 2021 9:48 PM
Jan 2015
Man that thunder spear idea as a punishment/bond was a really bad idea on Levi's part lol.
Mar 21, 2021 9:50 PM
Oct 2020
SErwins said:
Mappa ruined attack on titan #seriously

lmaoo what the hell. aot is fucking phenomenal until now. stfu
Mar 21, 2021 9:54 PM
Aug 2020
Very good episode as usual, I just have a lot of questions like : why the dramatic change since beginning of s4 and why does even is okay with euthanasia plan when he says he wants to save eldia and all but he agrees to Zeke's plan. Also hope Levi is alive IMO he's one of the last sane ppl with hange and Armin Mikasa. Also great flashback on zekes childhood definitely was full of emotions and made me lose a lot of respect for Grisha. Hopefully they explain some of the things eren did but I feel like the more the anime goes the more I lose respect for eren.
Cristian123qMar 21, 2021 9:59 PM
Mar 21, 2021 10:01 PM

Apr 2020
This episode was pretty much the backstory of Zeke's whole life. Another answer bonanza from the one we have already gotten from Grisha's POV in the basement reveal. All this time, his only friend and trusted person was Mr. Ksaver, and that man was one of the driving factors of his betrayal to his parents. I mean Grisha and Dina had it coming, they treat their son like a mere pawn in their "good" yet "reckless" plan.

And yes yes I am kinda connecting to it now, although I'm still not clear about this "euthanization" plan that they're having. Maybe I'll wait for more to get that answer. At the end, Zeke got blown up and Levi should be heavily injured from that blast. The Final Episode will be on next week, and damn what a journey this has been.
Mar 21, 2021 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Sourire said:
puppetmazter said:
Manga readers, so clarifications please:

1. If Eren and Zeke were face to face in that hospital, why didnt they use their plan right then? Do they have to be in Paradis for the mass sterilization?

2. And why didnt Zeke share his plans with Marley? I assume bc they wouldnt go along with that plan? Maybe bc they want to keep their Titans for war purposes and they need Eldians to do their bidding?
I dont really get why Zeke faked is death and ran off.

3. Since Zeke is royalty, does that mean hes related to the queen of Paradis? (forgot her name, the blonde girl).

4. Why are the Ackermanns so strong? Was that revealed yet? Could theyve been enhanced by the founding titan? Can they become titans themselves?

Thanks in advance
1. Both Eren and Zeke have no idea what would happen if they actually touched. When Eren “used” the Founding’s power in season 2, it was off instincts and touching Dina which was a regular titan not a shifter. Also, Zeke is only the key he needs full trust in Eren to actually achieve his plan not a 1 off conversation since Eren is the one controlling the powers.

2. Because he wants to bait Marley and the rest of the world into attacking Paradis and Paradis to use a partial rumbling to scare them off. Then he will proceed with the euthanasia of Eldians by making them fertile and tell the rest of the world to let the Eldians live peacefully until their last day alive.

3. Yes. Zeke is directly related to King Fritz from his descendants that stayed on Marley. Historia is also a descendant of King Fritz when the King at the time went to Paradis and built the walls. Reiss = Fritz.

4. It should’ve been revealed but they’ve only hinted at it and removed the dialogue from the manga that mentions it in the chapters covered.

Good man, much appreciated!
Mar 21, 2021 10:26 PM
Apr 2018
Honestly? Im not feeling this season at all. The time skip has hurt the series more than its helped imo. This season is barely a 7/10 let alone a bloody 10 and 2nd best rated on MAL. Where is this Peak Fiction im being told about? Season 3 and S3Prt2? Sure. That was peak shit. But Season 4 has just been jumping from good to bad to wtf is going on to why the hell do you idiots think this is a good idea?

Im still waiting on the part where I 'Understand' Eren. He's regressed back into a worse version of his bratty, entitled attitude from Season 1. Im having a REALLY hard time trying to sympathise or understand his point of view at all when his plans and everything Zeke and the Jeagerists have been doing seems completely counter to the 'Freedom' he wants.

Season 4 Part 2 better be a helluva improvement over this Season plot wise because everything is such a mess right now. How have my favourite episodes this whole season been backstory episodes for Reiner and Zeke? Lmao
Mar 21, 2021 10:32 PM
May 2016
Unu5ual said:
I think they're all in the wrong. I disagree with Mikasa and Co's attempt to get the world to see them as normal. Imagine rolling up to the people who hate you and going "oh, by the way, we're not actually devils, you guys are in the wrong". However, Eren is acting like a brat, and the only bit I agreed with him on was the killing of all the generals. The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

Zeke's backstory made me lose a lot of respect for Grisha Jaeger, but Zeke didn't gain any of my respect either. Not after what he did to that guy in season 2 ep 1.

Hopefully they keep the CGI to minimum in the last episode. Also, if Levi dies then I'm not giving this season a 10.

totally agree with you my man
Mar 21, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
Even as a non manga reader and for how important Zeke as a character became his backstory was definitely something I always wanted to see. Now his intentions make way more sense. His childhood was simply fucked up. His parents especially Grisha were just using him in becoming a warrior. However Zeke as a kid just wanted a simple life (looking at the scene where that kid played with his father). It's the absolute worst pressuring kids to do something they don't want.

Ksaver was more of a father for Zeke than Grisha could have ever been. Surprisingly enough Ksaver was able to hide his identity to start a family. At the same time it's so absurd hearing his wife killed herself and their kid just because she found out he's Eldian. No wonder Ksaver saw some sort of replacement for his kid in Zeke. I'm glad Zeke made the decission to reveal the true identity of his parents to be able to protect himself and his grandparents.

But his childhood aside, saying his and Erens so called plan for Eldias "freedom" is extreme would be an understatement.

Just reading this: "There's no greater salvation than never being born in this world". Seriously? Wow just Wow.

At this point especially as an anime only it's obviously hard to tell if Eren was just pretending before Zeke or if he has something different in mind we don't know about yet. Maybe confronting Armin and Mikasa was the first step of his own plan.

Sad to see Zeke pulling the trigger at the end. I don't think he could surive this right? If his death gets confirmed in the next episode this would also change a lot for Eren because he definitely wouldn't expect something like this to happen. I also wonder what happened to Levi

I loved the pacing, the OST's and like always what the VA's did in this episode. Great job Mappa.

Mar 21, 2021 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, Daddy issues and Eren issues.
Mar 21, 2021 11:11 PM

Mar 2019
Excellent episode. The first one in weeks that I felt was adapted flawlessly. Even the visuals were excellent for 99% of the episode. The final scene in particular looked really nice.
Mar 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Aug 2017
Euthanization huh, so Zeke is a believer in antinatalism. I don't think Eren feels the same, his mother's words "He's already special because he was born into this world" just resonates a lot in him. This was also seen when Willy said the same thing in epi 5 which as per the timeline, Eren has already encountered Zeke.

Anyway, Zeke took a titan which was supposedly "least useful" in war and made it into the 2nd most damage dealing titan, and also became the leader of the warrior unit. No wonder Yelena's wet for Zeke lol.
Mar 21, 2021 11:36 PM

Aug 2017
Cristian123q said:
Very good episode as usual, I just have a lot of questions like : why the dramatic change since beginning of s4 and why does even is okay with euthanasia plan when he says he wants to save eldia and all but he agrees to Zeke's plan. Also hope Levi is alive IMO he's one of the last sane ppl with hange and Armin Mikasa. Also great flashback on zekes childhood definitely was full of emotions and made me lose a lot of respect for Grisha. Hopefully they explain some of the things eren did but I feel like the more the anime goes the more I lose respect for eren.

You know about antinatalism right? Google it once. When they say that they are "saving" people(Eldians) they mean the future generations who are going to be born into this "shit" world. They are "saving" them by not letting them be born at all and go through this "suffering".
Mar 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Dec 2015
hopefully they announce part 2 at the end of next week's finale :(
Mar 22, 2021 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
TG-Golem said:
Honestly? Im not feeling this season at all. The time skip has hurt the series more than its helped imo. This season is barely a 7/10 let alone a bloody 10 and 2nd best rated on MAL. Where is this Peak Fiction im being told about? Season 3 and S3Prt2? Sure. That was peak shit. But Season 4 has just been jumping from good to bad to wtf is going on to why the hell do you idiots think this is a good idea?

Im still waiting on the part where I 'Understand' Eren. He's regressed back into a worse version of his bratty, entitled attitude from Season 1. Im having a REALLY hard time trying to sympathise or understand his point of view at all when his plans and everything Zeke and the Jeagerists have been doing seems completely counter to the 'Freedom' he wants.

Season 4 Part 2 better be a helluva improvement over this Season plot wise because everything is such a mess right now. How have my favourite episodes this whole season been backstory episodes for Reiner and Zeke? Lmao

Let me just say this from now, understanding Eren doesn't mean you are going to agree with him, Just like understanding Zeke in this episode doesn't mean you agree with his plans.

What you call a mess is simple you not seeing the full picture yet, your problem is you are taking everything you see at face value. There is no improvement needed, when you get to watch part 2, you will understand part 1 more and appreciate it in retrospect.

Manga readers hype up this season because for one they weren't expecting cgi fights, Mappa strength is in dialogue heavy episodes than action heavy episodes and they were not expecting this season to end where its going to end, we all thought we would get one of the most praised set of chapters animated in this season base off the trailer but that was false.

And because where its going to end next week, I will be surprise if it maintain the 2nd position as many anime only will be pissed because of the cliffhanger next week.

But in the end the reason they rush this adaptation is to promote the manga one last time before it ends, I'm sure many of these anime only will be reading the manga once this season ends.

keragammingMar 22, 2021 12:17 AM
Mar 22, 2021 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Pyoung said:
vegeta8639 said:
Hmm so I was wrong about Zeke. He's actually just fucking insane. Lets exterminate all the Eldians so Eldians won't be discriminated against anymore. Brilliant idea. XD Maybe he should have just teamed up with Willy Tybur instead.
Only difference is I guess Zeke wants to do it in a generation but even if Eldians stop having kids as long as they still keep turning into titans people will be afraid and want to kill them anyway.
Anyway, no shot Eren's actually buying this shit. He's gotta just be telling Zeke what he wants to hear and is gonna betray him later. If not then both characters have just been completely ruined by this episode. We'll have to wait and see.

I mean Eren already killed a bunch of Eldian civilians and children and was an ass to his two best friends. IMO he is irredeemable. I don't care if he has some secret plan that will save the world He is dead to me.

I'm pretty sure he has his reasons to be an ass to his friends. I mean I don't buy that " I hate Mikasa" bullshit. I mean, whatever his reasons, he could've gone about it in a different way, but maybe this is the only way. Anyway, I'm sure he still cares for his friends.
Mar 22, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2020
Finally we got Zeke's backstory and how he and Eren met. I've been waiting for this since the Declaration of War episode and Mappa definitely nailed it.

Regarding Grisha, I've always had mixed feelings about his character. Seeing how poorly he treated Zeke for his ideals only serves to further amplify my confusion about him. It's difficult for me to understand how different his parenting was to him compared to Eren.
Mar 22, 2021 12:52 AM
May 2020
mbizoteroj said:
DamnThatsHot said:
So the only way to stop the cycle of Eldians killing Marleyans and vice versa is to stop Eldians from being born in the first place? Damn thats some desperate level thinking there, not that I agree with it. Having to know Zeke's full backstory changes my entire view on him and honestly I can't blame Zeke or his father for acting like they did.

according to zeke, stopping the genocide cycle can be done by genociding your own race, that's self hate to the max and i dont think eren is actually on board with that

Yeah it's kinda annoying when the anime/manga don't really tell us what the mc is thinking, so who knows if that's how Eren actually feels or not. Hopefully not though
Mar 22, 2021 1:44 AM

Jul 2020
Damn this episode changed my point of view on Zeke completely.I'm kind of rooting for him now lmao.
We finally got the answers of why Zeke betrayed his parents cuz his parents were selfish and they were in the wrong this time.Zeke's innocent.
We finally got the answers why the Beast titan throws rocks like baseball lol.So sad to see his glasses got lost because of Levi cuz it was important to him.
Ngl this episode is really making the "Devils of Paradis" really devils.
ScordoloMar 22, 2021 1:57 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 22, 2021 2:10 AM

Oct 2008
NO LEVIII!!! argh i'll stop forums and hold myself back!

Mar 22, 2021 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was very interesting, cool backstory for zeke and stuff makes a lot more sense now, lots explained about his interactions with eren too now. don't really think zeke's plan is a very good idea but i guess its kinda decent, but that ending scene though... didn't expect him to do that and really hope levi is alright... wonder what'll happen next week in the last episode of this season?
Mar 22, 2021 2:12 AM

May 2018
everything is finally coming together. Wow Zeke really was a good person
Mar 22, 2021 2:14 AM

Jul 2020
Also I really hope Mappa pull a season 3 part 1 episode 12 ending like in this last episode to get a tease for Part 2.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 22, 2021 2:16 AM

Apr 2017
MegamiRem said:
RIP Levi or not? Is he alive?

I mean yes it was a cliffhanger, but it's freaking Levi we're talking about. 99.9% he good.
Mar 22, 2021 2:19 AM

Jan 2014
"Can't suffer if you just kill yourself"

Series was going good until they introduced this brainlet level shit. What a joke.
Mar 22, 2021 2:28 AM
Feb 2018
Malthus said:
"Can't suffer if you just kill yourself"

Series was going good until they introduced this brainlet level shit. What a joke.

It's nihilist anti-natalism instead of suicidal emo lol
Mar 22, 2021 2:34 AM

Feb 2021
One thing I didn't really like was Levi and Zeke's part in the forest. Specifically on the part of the bestial titan, that computer graphics got very strange.
Mar 22, 2021 2:37 AM

Aug 2020
watching this kind of episodes is why i enjoy AOT very much. We are given side to the monkey who i thought was cringe but because of his past, his character is really good
Mar 22, 2021 2:43 AM

Aug 2020
apolorix said:
zeke's plan is so ridiculous it's almost funny LMAO

"for nobody to suffer like i did because of my daddy issues, i'll take away the possibility of offspring from a whole race" dude, what????? apart from ridiculous, his plan is ignoring the real problem. if nobody deserves to live in a fucked up world, you CHANGE THE WORLD, not try to ERADICATE a WHOLE RACE, jfc

i'm a anime-watcher only, and i feel like eren is deceiving and using zeke. if it turns out i'm wrong i'm gonna be so disappointed (but i don't think i'm wrong)
Bro its called being traumatized not rationalize, he personally feels bad for existing with his people that's why he wanted to that lmoa
Mar 22, 2021 2:46 AM

Aug 2020
Lmoa @oyqftzgw tried to spoil aot for me lol, so be careful guys sorry its not related to the thread
Mar 22, 2021 2:47 AM

Aug 2020
FateMadMan said:
Lmoa @babyaki, tried to spoil aot for me lol

i havent read any of aot and i've only seen season 1.... what are you talking about?

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇʟɪᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴꜱ
ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴍᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟᴇ, ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ.
- ꜱʜᴇʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ʜᴏʟᴍᴇꜱ
Mar 22, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2020
babyaki said:
FateMadMan said:
Lmoa @babyaki, tried to spoil aot for me lol

i havent read any of aot and i've only seen season 1.... what are you talking about?
Sorry sorry i miis took your name bro, it just came so fast
Mar 22, 2021 3:09 AM
Feb 2021
I havent seen yet episodes 14-15 but I will soon.I hope these episodes would be great ! Mappa have aldeady done a good work !
Mar 22, 2021 3:23 AM

Apr 2020
I do not know what to say ...

fucking amazing episode!

This episode showed why Zeke is a wonderful character!
Zeke backstory is very upsetting

It was really painful when reading the manga, but the anime worked better!
and what a directing and OSTs!fantastic!!!!
I can only say thanks Mappa!

500000000000000000/5
MPanahMar 22, 2021 3:36 AM
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 22, 2021 3:33 AM

Apr 2020
TheAntithesis said:
MPanah said:
8 retards who have not seen this episode yet have given this episode 1/5 ...

Why does this not apply to other animes ???

Happens to Re;Zero S2 p2 every week. This is nothing new but more popular anime obviously see it more. What do you expect this is MAL.

True ... but this has not happened to any anime as much as aot!

I mean for example 80 people gave 1/5 to episode 5 of Final Season (1.85%)

While 21 people gave 1/5 to episode 10 of re zero s2 p2! (1.00%
)
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 22, 2021 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
Byniavo said:
everything is finally coming together. Wow Zeke really was a good person

Zeke is in no ways a good person.

Mar 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Feb 2021
Zeke's parents are one to blame too...
They shouldn't have force their ideals on their children specially when they're still young..
Grisha and his wife made the wrong approach to being a parent that way...
they should have at least kept it a secret to Zeke and tell it to him when's old enough to make a decision for himself...
What only Zeke wants is a Father, a father that will acknowledge him of who he is...
not as a tool but as a son.
Mar 22, 2021 3:58 AM
Oct 2019
Unu5ual said:
I think they're all in the wrong. I disagree with Mikasa and Co's attempt to get the world to see them as normal. Imagine rolling up to the people who hate you and going "oh, by the way, we're not actually devils, you guys are in the wrong". However, Eren is acting like a brat, and the only bit I agreed with him on was the killing of all the generals. The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

Zeke's backstory made me lose a lot of respect for Grisha Jaeger, but Zeke didn't gain any of my respect either. Not after what he did to that guy in season 2 ep 1.

Hopefully they keep the CGI to minimum in the last episode. Also, if Levi dies then I'm not giving this season a 10.

Lmao it’s not bad writing. All will be explained in part 2.
I mean, you said it yourself with how you disagree with the scouts about trying to change the worlds perspective. If eldians can’t have kids, they don’t endure suffering and discrimination/nor do they participate in any more wars. Eren is on the path where he is just fine with the world and wants to eliminate all the titans like he wanted to as a kid by offering his vision of salvation which is to end the eldian bloodlines.

It does constitute as freedom because the world is then free from the fear of titans.
Mar 22, 2021 4:13 AM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode! Zeke's background is excellent! OMG the voice of child Zeke is the same as Izuku Midoriya in Boku no Hero Academia just like the voice of Teen Zeke who is Roswaal in Re:Zero!!
Mar 22, 2021 4:27 AM

Feb 2021
beegill said:
First off I want to say this is not a complaint because I loved this episode, but I am confused on something. When Zeke and Eren agreed to the euthanization plan, why did Zeke want to wait rather than having Eren just do it immediately? How did that benefit Zeke? And if their goal is to end the suffering of Eldians, why attack the Eldian district in Marley? It’s not like he needed the other titan powers to do the plan. I’m sure I’m missing something but this is gonna bug me until it makes sense.

Euthanasia plan is not killing all Eldians, it's changing their anatomy in such a way that they are no longer capable of reproducing. Those Eldians that already been born don't die. In other words he still needs to do the mini rumbling part in order to prevent the world from attacking and wiping out everyone. He wants everyone to die naturally after a long, peaceful life. So they still need to strike and wipe out Marley's forces, and then world's forces.
Mar 22, 2021 5:20 AM

Dec 2016
davidyodo24 said:
Kimurah said:

We already knew that Grisha was using Zeke, his own son, to make it to the higher ranks in order to achive a better way of life. The only difference is the tone and perspective of this episode rather than depict Grisha and his wife as liberators for their people, it makes them look as complete black villians from baby's Zeke perspective and makes Xavier look like a hero in his eyes. The only worthy extra info is just Xavier's role in Zeke's liberation, but in hindsight is utterly boring for using the most cliche trope in shonen titles, using long flashbacks just before a character dies in order to shift the audience on his behalf. It's just cheap padding in order to delay even further the main story, quite common in long running mangos were the author needs to deliver something to the publisher before providing the big moments.

You hate non linear storytelling???

I hate the overuse of flashbacks to stall the main story, specially when used in the most common way with a character death or false death.
KimurahMar 22, 2021 5:25 AM
Mar 22, 2021 5:51 AM
Oct 2019
Kimurah said:
davidyodo24 said:

You hate non linear storytelling???

I hate the overuse of flashbacks to stall the main story, specially when used in the most common way with a character death or false death.

Well it is what it is...
I mean it made the scene much impactful...

Almost every anime does this kind of Storytelling, if you still hate it idk why you still watching Anime...
Mar 22, 2021 5:53 AM

Jan 2018
Perfect episode. These are the best anime episodes I've seen.
Mar 22, 2021 5:55 AM
Feb 2021
It was great but I am so conflicted. Who do Eren and Zeke think they are making the decision that extinction is the thing for the people. Is that not the exact opposite of the freedom they have been fighting for? Making decisions for someone is taking away their freedom and this contradiction is seriously annoying. I mean is that what the people want? From my perspective the people think Eren is advocating for the rumbling, they have no idea he wants to end their existence and that's the only reason they are on his side. I mean have they all confirmed that they had rather not been born, or do they still want to live no matter how hard it is. I could be missing someonething or misunderstanding , if so please let me know but is it really it really that simple?
Mar 22, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
Tanyaradzwa said:
It was great but I am so conflicted. Who do Eren and Zeke think they are making the decision that extinction is the thing for the people. Is that not the exact opposite of the freedom they have been fighting for? Making decisions for someone is taking away their freedom and this contradiction is seriously annoying. I mean is that what the people want? From my perspective the people think Eren is advocating for the rumbling, they have no idea he wants to end their existence and that's the only reason they are on his side. I mean have they all confirmed that they had rather not been born, or do they still want to live no matter how hard it is. I could be missing someonething or misunderstanding , if so please let me know but is it really it really that simple?

Zeke's idea of freedom is releasing people from their suffering. If eldians aren't born, neither the world will suffer nor eldians. Like ksaver said why was he even born, it was just suffering for him. Basically zeke thinks, eldians wouldn't suffer if they aren't born, so freedom. We saw in this episode eren agreed to this, so this might be his thinking too or he might have some underlying motive. This is just their idea of freedom I think and some eldians might agree to this too like willy hated his own race and ksaver.
removed-userMar 22, 2021 6:07 AM
Mar 22, 2021 6:09 AM
Feb 2021
Borshta said:
Tanyaradzwa said:

Zeke's idea of freedom is releasing people from their suffering. If eldians aren't born, neither the world will suffer nor eldians. Like ksaver said why was he even born, it was just suffering for him. Basically zeke thinks, eldians wouldn't suffer if they aren't born, so freedom. We saw in this episode eren agreed to this, so this might be his thinking too or he might have some underlying motive. This is just their idea of freedom and some eldians might agree to this too like willy hated his own race and ksaver.

Thanks for responding. I totally get what you mean. I mean theres no definite correct solution. Everybody has their own ideas of how things should be and some wish they never existed and some would still pick life. I guess Eren and Zeke can only make the decision they think is right because after all they are just human beings.
Mar 22, 2021 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
I thought that Grisha's rollercoaster of a backstory couldn't be beat in terms of shock value, but Zeke's own backstory rivals that of his fathers.

Considering how much suffering he had to go through, I do have a lot of sympathy for him. No wonder he's determined to make his plan work to "save everyone".

The last scene after the flashback, with Zeke and Levi in the pouring rain, caught me off-guard. In a simple physical move while shouting at the top of his voice, he sets off the missile pinning him down and blows it up, catching a shocked Levi by surprise. Once again, that was a brutal cliffhanger to end an episode on. It was spectacular. =)

The last episode is only a week away now and, honestly, I do hope a 2nd half of the final season gets announced. It wouldn't make much sense if the anime doesn't continue here in the late game and adapt the remaining chapters of the manga (even though I'm WAY behind on the manga version currently).
Mar 22, 2021 6:21 AM

Dec 2016
davidyodo24 said:
Kimurah said:

Well it is what it is...

Almost every anime does this kind of Storytelling, if you still hate it idk why you still watching Anime...

Yeah, doesn't strike me as odd people like you come up with cheap conformist defenses "eVeRY OTheR ANimE doES iT tOO"

I have watched anime for literally decades, but only cheap shonen shows like these overuse flashbacks for padding purpouses.

And regarding that it was much more impactful, I disagree, run of the mill tropes are exactly that, cheap run of the mill tropes (exactly the same as derivative isekai). Like some people already mentioned, this episode is a big "boo hoo poor psychopath Zeke had a though childhood" kind of flashback to impact the easy to sway kind of people.
KimurahMar 22, 2021 6:25 AM
Mar 22, 2021 6:25 AM
Oct 2019
Kimurah said:
davidyodo24 said:

Well it is what it is...

Yeah, doesn't strike me as odd people like you come up with cheap conformist defenses "eVeRY OTheR ANimE doES iT tOO"

I have watched anime for literally decades, but only cheap shonen shows like these overuse flashbacks for padding purpouses.

And regarding that it was much more impactful, I disagree, run of the mill tropes are exactly that, cheap run of the mill tropes (exactly the same as derivative isekai). Like most people already mentioned, this episode is a big "boo hoo poor psychopath Zeke had a though childhood" kind of flashback to impact the easy to sway kind of people.

Well i mean if you watched for decades, you should understand by now...

There are no point to discuss it futher, it is what it is...
It's Anime...
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2020

461 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 10:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.