Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 5:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeFeb 28, 2021 7:38 AM
Feb 28, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2019
It's about to be AOT civil war out here. Hyping for the next battle. Great episode.
Feb 28, 2021 7:38 AM

Jan 2009
Armin loves Annie
nice to see Hitch again
RIP Zackly
Yelena very sus
Eren jacket scene is better in the pre-animated trailer
animation quality overall of this episode is so average

Pieck best girl sighting in the end!

next episode is my favorite dealing with (social) darwinism
Feb 28, 2021 7:39 AM

Jun 2014
RIP Zackly, he went out with a bang.

The OST that played at the end of the episode was hype af.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 28, 2021 7:39 AM

Nov 2011
Oh man...when Eren puts on that jacket like a badass similar to one of the promotional visuals.

Looks like this episode is the beginning of the main climax for its buildup. Next month's episodes should be very exciting tbh.
Feb 28, 2021 7:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Intense buildup from start to finish! Seems like the Animation Quality is dropping a tier though which is very concerning indeed but the story quality is still top-notch and that's more than enough to make up for it, I honestly think.

Eren climbing up that rock and putting on that cloak was amazing, I've been waiting for this since the first PV! I'm definitely curious what the mid-card info was about.

Zackly-san down. Just when Mikasa was about to commit a mischievous act. Such are the uncertain times in SnK world, I suppose.

Yelena and Zeke. Obviously up to something and seeing Hange + Pixus trying to decipher it is pretty darn cool to watch unfold as well.

Edit: How'd I forget about Hitchie? Loved that convo b/w her and Armin, lol. Annie still popular as ever...

https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1366049268704813057
_MushiRock11_Feb 28, 2021 7:51 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 28, 2021 7:40 AM

Oct 2017
Eren escapes prison and we finaly see the glorious Eren moment in the anime. That jacket scene was cool but the one in the trailer was better.

Well everyone's out to catch Eren now. Also Connie's getting more and more annoying. He's just too salty atm and can't get a clear view of things. Pieck is shown at the end, so they've already infiltrated Paradis.
MegamiRemMar 3, 2021 8:58 AM
Feb 28, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2020
I have no compassion for those who plot against Eren, they could die for all I care, fuck you Zachary.

The jacket scene is here, actually it looks worse than it did in the manga, even the trailer looked better but as we know that the trailer was a big fat lie. I was waiting for the jacket scene for a long time, kind of disappointed. But I'll forgive MAPPA this time because of how many godly 10 pack Eren shots they decided to add in this episode, by far the best episode, carried by Eren's abs.

Some more Eren shots:
Arin-sanFeb 28, 2021 7:52 AM

I said keep your hands on the table
Feb 28, 2021 7:41 AM
Jan 2021
it looks so BAD in motion
holy shit, Eren moves like a robot

again the trailer was a scam, everything looked better there
Feb 28, 2021 7:42 AM
May 2020
The jacket scene was better in the trailer, but still good. Overall, an average episode
Mar 2020
Damn lots of off model character designs this episode. Sadge

Jan 2015
They did that Eren jacket scene PERFECT.

Feb 28, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
What I’ve enjoyed the most of past “slower” episodes is that they do not cut much content at all from the manga. There’s so many important dialogues that completely removing some of it for a faster pacing would be detrimental. This episode was good, covered chapter 110 and some of 111. Next episodes is definitely going to energize the masses.

To be honest, my only complaint, and call it a nitpick if you want, is the jacket scene. The overall character design of Eren was really clean, same for Floch, but when he puts his jacket on he looks like a hunchback. The lighting is better than in the trailer but the shot itself is worse and I think its due to the slow mo animation. I’m only bringing it up because the panel itself from the manga gives me an eyegasm everytime. I think they should’ve used a still for it.

Tatakae Yeagerists.
Feb 28, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
labolabo123 said:

off model close up drawings will be corrected in the BluRay version for sure though but ye Pixis looks like an alien on some of those drawings lol
Feb 28, 2021 7:46 AM
Mar 2020
deg said:
labolabo123 said:

off model close up drawings will be corrected in the BluRay version for sure though but ye Pixis looks like an alien on some of those drawings lol

Yeah lmao just hoping it doesn't get worse in the upcoming episodes. Preview at least looks a lil bit better.
Feb 28, 2021 7:48 AM

Aug 2020
SHINZOU SASAGEYO
SHINZOU SASAGEYO
SHINZOU SASAGEYO

besides some off model shots this was a real good episode.

Eren walked like a damn king. Looked way better than the pv imo. Pieck-san in the end! SASUGA PIECK-CHAN! As beautiful as ever. The soundtrack there was also hyped af. I was shitting myself the whole episode.
Feb 28, 2021 7:48 AM

Sep 2016
He is finally Here!

Btw are they going to skip the

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:31 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:49 AM

May 2018
Noooo Zackly noooo :/ the best inventor of AoT universe
Finally the famous Eren and his jacket scene, though he looked kinda cooler in the trailer still looks good tho xD
Inanna_201Feb 28, 2021 4:44 PM

Feb 28, 2021 7:49 AM
Sep 2019
Off Model Drawings were many but I know they are gonna be fixed in the BR.Direction was good but the preview of the next episode looks so much better than this.
Feb 28, 2021 7:50 AM

Aug 2020
Taltibalti said:
He is finally Here!

probably re-arranged next ep. I just hope it won't be as rushed as reiner's lol.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:30 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:50 AM
Feb 2021
We lost a great artist and his masterpiece today.

NSFM:

Rest in Peace sweet prince.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details. Also added proper NSFM tags to the NSFM picture.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:30 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2018
The jacket scene was weird tbh
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR

Oct 2013
Taltibalti said:
He is finally Here!

Very obvious it will be at the beginning of next episode.

DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:29 PM

Oct 2020
The animation was possibly the most limited in this ep out of the 12 we have. Nothing to cry about tho. I saw Eren's nipple.
Mar 2020
I'm surprised they censored Zackly's corpse that much
Feb 28, 2021 7:52 AM
Feb 2021
dompsterfire said:
Taltibalti said:
He is finally Here!

probably re-arranged next ep. I just hope it won't be as rushed as reiner's lol.

Same. Hopefully rearranged for next episode and they reveal it before

DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:28 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:53 AM
Oct 2018
Great episode. Drawings didnt seem off model at all idk what people are seeing and are nitpicky about i mean mappa is delivering decent quality. Chad eren scene was well dpne although a little bit of off model in betweening considering it was an imp scene couldve been done better but still great episode good choice of ost

Jul 2017
Pacing got through so much, and I'm pretty sure quite a bit was rearranged. Different kind of thrill, but a thrill nonetheless.

Surprised they skipped how Eren broke out tho. It wouldn't even be 10 seconds lol.

Oct 2020
bipac said:
dompsterfire said:

Same. Hopefully rearranged for next episode and they reveal it before
We saw it in the preview for ep13, we are definitely getting it.
Feb 28, 2021 7:54 AM

Oct 2013
labolabo123 said:
I'm surprised they censored Zackly's corpse that much

It could also be lack of time and drawing that detail part would take up too much time.

Apr 2013
Oh I forgot, the other nitpick that I have is that MAPPA actually showed the wrong version of Eren that talked with Yelena about the plan. It was in the past when Eren had medium length hair to the sides but they showed manbun Eren which Yelena had never met. And his facial expression was nonexistent. Fingers crossed that it’s corrected in the blueray but low hopes for it happening.

KneelBeforeMeFeb 28, 2021 8:03 AM
May 2019
I'm done, that fcking jacket scene was so awful
Feb 28, 2021 7:57 AM

Oct 2020
Sourire said:
Oh I forgot, the other nitpick that I have is that MAPPA actually showed the wrong version of Eren that talked with Yelena about the plan. It was in the past when Eren had medium length hair yo the sides but they showed manbun Eren which Yelena has never met. And his facial expression was nonexistent. Fingers crossed that it’s corrected in the blueray but low hopes for it happening.

I don't think the hairstyle he has matters to be honest. I think it was a choice rather than a mistake. We don't know if this was the first time Eren wore a manbun.
Dec 2015
mappa just tried guys

Oct 2016
Finnaly chad yeager....
And whats wrong with pixis's face.
I need to see again with 1080p.
SaomiiFeb 28, 2021 8:01 AM
YES
Feb 28, 2021 8:00 AM

Jul 2012
Well, all roads lead back to Zeke.
Feb 28, 2021 8:00 AM
Nov 2019
What's wrong with Pixis face? It really needs to be completely redone in the bluray...
Idk what is the problem with the jacket scene it looks really great I really don't know what people are complaining about?
Feb 28, 2021 8:02 AM
Jul 2016
I love the jacket scene, it has its impact similar to the manga. Overall good episode
Feb 28, 2021 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Sourire said:
Oh I forgot, the other nitpick that I have is that MAPPA actually showed the wrong version of Eren that talked with Yelena about the plan. It was in the past when Eren had medium length hair yo the sides but they showed manbun Eren which Yelena has never met. And his facial expression was nonexistent. Fingers crossed that it’s corrected in the blueray but low hopes for it happening.

I don't think the hairstyle he has matters to be honest. I think it was a choice rather than a mistake. We don't know if this was the first time Eren wore a manbun.
No it’s definitely a mistake if you remember chapters 130 and 132 lol. Yelena had never met manbun Eren at that point she met with the “gentle soul heading towards depression” Eren from 3 years before. Big difference on mental state from both versions of Eren.
May 2020
All I can say is, read the manga. They even fucked up Eren's hair in the Yelena flashback. Eren was supposed to have short hair. I have no idea what Mappa is doing
Aug 2016
It was a very nice episode as usual! The Eren scene was made actually better than the trailer. So, props to MAPPA for that. Also, Pieck-chan at the end aaaaahhhhh! That was so hype <3

5/5
Feb 28, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2016
Abs deeper than the character writing

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2021 8:08 AM

Aug 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I saw Eren's nipple.
the only thing that matters
Feb 28, 2021 8:09 AM

Sep 2016
Sourire said:
Oh I forgot, the other nitpick that I have is that MAPPA actually showed the wrong version of Eren that talked with Yelena about the plan. It was in the past when Eren had medium length hair to the sides but they showed manbun Eren which Yelena had never met. And his facial expression was nonexistent. Fingers crossed that it’s corrected in the blueray but low hopes for it happening.

Goes to show how hell the production schedule is. Easy Blu-ray fix.
Feb 28, 2021 8:10 AM

Oct 2017
Sourire said:

Any manbun Eren content is good, even if it's not supposed to be like that
Feb 28, 2021 8:13 AM

Aug 2020
Sourire said:

oh shit yeah. that seems too big of a mistake to happen. Could it be intentional? if so, I wonder why.

maybe fanservice lol???
Feb 28, 2021 8:15 AM
Nov 2020
Mappa and the entire aot staff are absolute clowns, lmao
It’s so sad, i always ask myself about what could have been if WIT were the ones rather animating Season 4.
Am just sick and tired of how they keep ruining all the hype moments, how tf did they manage to ruin the jacket scene, wtf!!!
WIT always delivered when it mattered, am yet to see mappa do justice to even one of the hype scenes.
Indeed AOT has massively lost its touch.
#mappasucks
Feb 28, 2021 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
yuilyjaegar7 said:
It’s so sad, i always ask myself about what could have been if WIT were the ones rather animating Season 4.
Am just sick and tired of how they keep ruining all the hype moments, how tf did they manage to ruin the jacket scene, wtf!!!
WIT always delivered when it mattered, am yet to see mappa do justice to even one of the hype scenes.
#mappasucks
Another one. Cant help but laugh.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:27 PM
Feb 28, 2021 8:17 AM

Oct 2020
Sourire said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
No it’s definitely a mistake if you remember chapters 130 and 132 lol. Yelena had never met manbun Eren at that point she met with the “gentle soul heading towards depression” Eren from 3 years before. Big difference on mental state from both versions of Eren.
I know that. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is it's not a mistake because it doesn't matter. It is completely irrelevant what kind of hairstyle Eren had when he met Yelena. Also, they could have changed it to take place more recently than when he had shorter hair. We DON'T know if Eren only wore a manbun starting with ch106. He could have worn it before even going to Marley but we just didn't see it. Hayashi storyboarded this so I find it hard to believe he didn't do this intentionally.
Feb 28, 2021 8:20 AM
Feb 2021
yuilyjaegar7 said:
#mappasucks

Oh, the things viewing with rose tinted glasses can do to people.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.