Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 4:59 PM
Mar 2021
damm Zeke’s backstory was tuff asfk, just sad but fuck i really hope levi isnt dead😰
Mar 21, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
in my opinion this was one of the best episodes shown more about zeke.
Mar 21, 2021 5:02 PM

Mar 2018
So I’m not a manga reader can someone so can someone tell me if its even possible for them to fit the rest of the manga in the next episode? It seems like they’res a lot more to the manga judging from what I’ve seen on Twitter These past few months.
Mar 21, 2021 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
I really HATE flashback episodes. I know, that they are meant to shed a new light, but we all know how they will end, not because even of foreshadowing, but because of what we have been already told.
I am feeling like I have been spoiled watching those.

Mar 21, 2021 5:18 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode clearly portraying Zeke's ideals and making him a more understandable character. Next week the final episode will air, possibly alongside an announcement for Season 4 Part 2. I'd personally like a decently long wait (atleast 1 year) until Season 4 Part 2 (or a movie), as this would give the animators sufficient time to animate to the standard we have seen in Jujutsu Kaisen. This would hopefully enable use of 2D animation in the first few episodes of Season 4 Part 2, possibly resulting in some of the best episodes in the entirety of the series.
Mar 21, 2021 5:20 PM

Jan 2019
Best Episode of this season.

Zeke and Reiner is better written characters than Eren

Mikasa and Armin is potatos who doesn't deserve to be Main Character. Zeke and Reiner is more MC than this potatos.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Mar 21, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2020
Wow. What an episode. I almost had tears in my eyes for little Zeke. (Yes, I did read the manga, but it was a while ago). How fucked up their whole world is.
Grisha really looks like a crazy fanatic here.

Poor Levi. He could not know where it was all going.

Execution-wise, nothing to complain about. A great episode.

Isayama is a fucking genuis.
Mar 21, 2021 5:23 PM

Aug 2016
I just don't see where they're going to leave the season off. There really isn't a good stopping point.

Mar 21, 2021 5:28 PM
Jun 2019
I haven't watched much of this season but I was waiting eagerly for the baseball lore episode (since I've read all of the manga) and holy shit this episode delivered so well and is so beautifully constructed. The way they build his entire resolve and backstory (showing stuff I guess I didn't even catch in the manga) was all so well done and him using that resolve directly at the end of the episode was the cherry on top of making one of the best developed episodes in the entire series. Good shit
Mar 21, 2021 5:31 PM
Nov 2014
good episode, zeke has an interesting backstory with ksaver and grisha did some terrible things in the past but he had to do it for his own people's sake. i can see where eren gained his bravery from lol.

Mar 21, 2021 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
Flashback/backstory is necessary to know and understand Zeke's mindset and ideology. In my opinion, the anime makes the viewer more sympathetic to Zeke's POV/childhood. Personally, when I read the manga chapter, I immediately disliked Zeke because I couldn't imagine ever turning in my parents :x

With that said, I kinda like Zeke more. Maybe because the juxtaposition between Eren and Zeke is interesting. Same father, but different mothers, childhoods, "nations".
Mar 21, 2021 5:34 PM

Jul 2016
AyyMayy said:
qwertyMrJINX said:
So weird to think the series is going to end next episode. Feels like there's so much left to wrap up. But I get it, you can only go Sashaless for so long before you feel like just ending it all.

There are about 23 chapters left to adapt. Definitely a part 2 or something like that coming out.

That'd really take the sails out of the whole "Final Season" title if they went and made a sixth season. Besides, I don't think they can milk Sasha's death for a whole other season.
Mar 21, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2020
Who woul've thought i d cry for MONKE but yeah his parents were horrible with him poor baby Zeke. Tho the ending got me more broken i could not stop the tears.
Mar 21, 2021 5:52 PM

May 2009
Levi was so careless... it might have costed his very own life.

Zeke's backstory is rather sad, but a mass sterilisation? NO WAY IN HELL Eren would ever agree with that.

Mar 21, 2021 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Pyoung said:
vegeta8639 said:
Hmm so I was wrong about Zeke. He's actually just fucking insane. Lets exterminate all the Eldians so Eldians won't be discriminated against anymore. Brilliant idea. XD Maybe he should have just teamed up with Willy Tybur instead.
Only difference is I guess Zeke wants to do it in a generation but even if Eldians stop having kids as long as they still keep turning into titans people will be afraid and want to kill them anyway.
Anyway, no shot Eren's actually buying this shit. He's gotta just be telling Zeke what he wants to hear and is gonna betray him later. If not then both characters have just been completely ruined by this episode. We'll have to wait and see.

I mean Eren already killed a bunch of Eldian civilians and children and was an ass to his two best friends. IMO he is irredeemable. I don't care if he has some secret plan that will save the world He is dead to me.

Not his fault Willy Tybur decided to gather up all the Marley military leaders inside of an Eldian internment zone to declare war on Paradis. When you're the one fighting a defensive war, pretty much anything is justified in my opinion. I don't expect him not to attack just because they're using a bunch of human shields.

As for him being a dick to Armin and Mikasa, I am assuming he doesn't mean anything he said and is trying to make himself the villain so his friends would turn against him for some reason. Maybe to keep them out of danger because Sasha just died and he doesn't want a repeat of that? That's my best guess.
If not then I don't know what character I'm looking at anymore.
Mar 21, 2021 6:01 PM

Sep 2019
Kaliyahscake said:
So I’m not a manga reader can someone so can someone tell me if its even possible for them to fit the rest of the manga in the next episode? It seems like they’res a lot more to the manga judging from what I’ve seen on Twitter These past few months.
nope. Get ready for part 2
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Mar 21, 2021 6:04 PM

Mar 2019
Kaliyahscake said:
There's no confirmation other than Isayama stating the entirety of the manga will be adapted, but this season will end on chapter 116, leaving 23 chapters left to animate. There'll be a part 2, most likely announced in the end credits of the season finale, if not, later this year.
Mar 21, 2021 6:09 PM
Jul 2020
MPanah said:
8 retards who have not seen this episode yet have given this episode 1/5 ...

Why does this not apply to other animes ???

Happens to Re;Zero S2 p2 every week. This is nothing new but more popular anime obviously see it more. What do you expect this is MAL.
Mar 21, 2021 6:09 PM
Feb 2018
beegill said:
First off I want to say this is not a complaint because I loved this episode, but I am confused on something. When Zeke and Eren agreed to the euthanization plan, why did Zeke want to wait rather than having Eren just do it immediately? How did that benefit Zeke? And if their goal is to end the suffering of Eldians, why attack the Eldian district in Marley? It’s not like he needed the other titan powers to do the plan. I’m sure I’m missing something but this is gonna bug me until it makes sense.
P.S. I’ve read the manga which answers part of some of my questions, but the major question with my specific wording still stands.

There's one noticeable contrast about their motive by the way based on your post alone. Your own question should be enough to come to a conclusion.
Mar 21, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
KazeXI said:
Unu5ual said:
The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

I guess you just take everything you watch at face value
I can't wait to see just how horribly their comment will age. "Poor writing" LMAO
Mar 21, 2021 6:11 PM
Aug 2020
watching this back to back with ep 14 was a lot, like i cant believe we’re here. seeing zeke’s backstory was insane, and I find it incredible how seeing it from his perspective can change things so drastically. i remember first learning about zeke at the end of s3, seeing him betray his parents and then become a warrior. And back then, because we were supporting eren, seeing it through his eyes kinda and zeke was very much the enemy, i remember thinking well f**k this kid for turning on his parents and ruining the entire eldian restorationists plans and then become a warrior and continue the violence that your father was trying to stop. But now, seeing it from zekes point of view is staggering. Seeing how harsh his parents were, how they were just using him as a pawn in their plan, never giving him any love or attention outside of their plans and outright berating him for being rubbish in training, panicking because he’s just messing everything up, like as a kid that has to mess with your head. No wonder he turned on them to save himself.
But still, I feel like I still can’t get a hold on zeke. I get that he wanted to go against his parents so instead of trying to free eldia he became a warrior and went along with Marley, but his mentor wasn’t exactly pro-Marley either, he just wanted freedom, a good world where he could just live normally. So why do everything he has, and what is it with him thinking that eradicating eldians will lead to freedom, like you’re not free if you don’t exist. I feel like so many characters are acting towards a goal that is just clouded by their trauma and hurt such that the goal they’re trying to achieve isn’t what they actually want, which is understandable, like for eren and zeke who have been through so much, it’s understandable why they’d think it’d be better if eldians just didn’t exist. And it’s probably easy and idealistic to say from the outside, but shouldn’t we be fighting to try and reach some understanding, where you approach the eldians outside paradis and explain what the truth is, and stop Marley from brainwashing them. It’s so difficult because not even I have a clear idea of what a happy ending would be for everyone, and the conflict is so deep right now that I just can’t see how it’s ever gonna be resolved. God I can’t wait for this last ep.
Mar 21, 2021 6:23 PM
Nov 2019
Zeke's backstory explains quite a bit. Notably why Zeke turned his parents in, its hard not to sympathize with him the way he was treated. I don't think Eren is actually on Zeke's side. I get the feeling that he's playing everyone. Levi really has got to stop letting Zeke live. I know he wants him to get eaten, but this has literally never worked out for him.
Mar 21, 2021 6:36 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
What a fantastic episode and easily another 5/5 from me. Zeke's backstory is amazing and having Grisha's flashback in s3p2 really helped this flashback feel perfect and in a way, it felt as if part of Grisha's flashback was fully fleshed out as well. Pretty brutal cliffhanger and it'll be sad seeing the season end but I'm looking forward to next episode.

Mar 21, 2021 6:41 PM
Feb 2018
Zeke's backstory is really unfortunate, his parents were so blinded by their movement they forgot to show him affection/care.

Coupled with how his parents raised him and the society that he grew up with, I'm not surprised that his solution is essentially genocide via eugenics.

But what I'm lost at is Eren. I'm failing to come up with Eren's why...... only guess is he's got plans beyond Zekes'
esther94Mar 21, 2021 6:52 PM
Mar 21, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 2021
Through my newfound confusion, I have come to the conclusion that Historia's pregnancy may throw a huge wrench in Zeke and Eren's plans if they don'y know about it already.

Mar 21, 2021 6:56 PM
Nov 2007
Can anyone confirm that next episode is the last one? I have no idea how they are going to wrap it up in 20 min. Are we getting another season?
Mar 21, 2021 6:59 PM
Feb 2018
Neji said:
Can anyone confirm that next episode is the last one? I have no idea how they are going to wrap it up in 20 min. Are we getting another season?

Yes, we're getting another season/movies to adapt 23 chapters left.
Mar 21, 2021 7:00 PM

Aug 2018
Jesus fuck this episode was perfect. Can't fucking wait for episode 16. Waiting for season 2 is going to be a pain.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 21, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 2021
Through my newfound confusion, I have come to the conclusion that Historia's pregnancy may throw a huge wrench in Zeke and Eren's plans if they don'y know about it already.

Mar 21, 2021 7:05 PM

Jun 2020
Unu5ual said:
The whole Euthanasia plan is BS, and actually pretty poor writing IMO. How in Gods name does Eren think getting rid of all Eldians constitutes as "freedom"? If anything he should be advocating to start the rumbling.

"
Mar 21, 2021 7:08 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was okay, I personally don’t really like Zeke for no sole reason. But his little background story kind of gives you an insight as to why he ended up this way. He didn’t have a lot of attention as a child from his parents. Maybe if they’d spent some more time with him, he wouldn’t have sold them out to the Marleyans. Grisha is on my bad list though, he was forcing his own beliefs on Zeke who only seemed to want his approval. And then what he did Eren as well as a kid, he was really entrusting the entire future of Eldians to these two kids.
One thing I’m confused about is that isn’t there like one episode left in the series ? I haven’t heard anything about a Part 2 of aot final season so I’m a little worried. If it’s really the final FINAL episode, then I hope it’s not too rushed, that can be difficult to follow and kind of annoying. If it is, I might just spend my entire life savings on the manga just to get a proper ending 😂💀
Mar 21, 2021 7:17 PM
Dec 2020
This episode is just boh. Poor zeke poor zeke...
Mar 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Jun 2016
OK This Episode was insane HOLY SHIT!! Zeke's backstory is one of the best in anime history imo.
Mar 21, 2021 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
Manga readers, so clarifications please:

1. If Eren and Zeke were face to face in that hospital, why didnt they use their plan right then? Do they have to be in Paradis for the mass sterilization?

2. And why didnt Zeke share his plans with Marley? I assume bc they wouldnt go along with that plan? Maybe bc they want to keep their Titans for war purposes and they need Eldians to do their bidding?
I dont really get why Zeke faked is death and ran off.

3. Since Zeke is royalty, does that mean hes related to the queen of Paradis? (forgot her name, the blonde girl).

4. Why are the Ackermanns so strong? Was that revealed yet? Could theyve been enhanced by the founding titan? Can they become titans themselves?

Thanks in advance
Mar 21, 2021 7:28 PM

Jan 2020
Neji said:

Next episode is indeed the last one. It will leave 23 chapters unadapted. After that episode, we could get a second cour or movies or nothing, but we will most likely get some sort of continuation since Isayama himself said the manga will be fully adapted.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 21, 2021 7:50 PM
Aug 2019
I'm curious about Eren's intentions. I can't really tell if he is truly on board with Zeke's plan or not. His perception of freedom as a right that should be pursued I guess could be in line with it. If he truly hates Mikasa for being a "slave" then it would make sense that he wants to wipe out Eldians with euthanization as they are basically slaves to the Founding Titan. I'm thinking there might be something else to it; that's always how it tends to be in this show after all.

Please don't confirm if the below theory is correct.

Has Eren truly hated Mikasa? I haven't seen a hint of that throughout the show. Maybe a bit of retaliation whenever Mikasa is so over-protective, but other than that there's nothing. And he has shown that he cares for her at the end of season 2. Perhaps Eren is telling her off to get Mikasa to hate him ... and retaliate against her directive to protect him? To give her freedom? That seems like a more likely cause for Eren: fighting to give people freedom rather than eliminate them.

Or I could be completely wrong and Eren just hates Mikasa for the crime of her birth. Then he'd be a victim-shaming a**hole. It might be possible that the pessimism around the situation changed him that much I guess. He was an idiot at the beginning of the show, so it is perfectly reasonable for him to revert to being an idiot now.
Mar 21, 2021 7:51 PM
Oct 2020
Yeah i can officially say s4 is better than s3 p2. Sole salvation is in my opinion the single greatest episode of the entire series. Like wow. Absolutely zero complaints. Mappa absolutely knocked it out of the park. Especially watching 14 and 15 back to back made it even better.
Mar 21, 2021 7:53 PM

Feb 2020
SErwins said:
Mappa ruined attack on titan #seriously

lmfao pls grow up
attack on titan have been great so far and probably will continue to be. This episode was also amazing, they nailed Zeke's flashback. Yall complaining about the CGI when its barely noticeable unless you really try to ruin the show for yourself lol
p = d/dt m * v
Mar 21, 2021 7:55 PM

Apr 2013
puppetmazter said:
Manga readers, so clarifications please:

1. If Eren and Zeke were face to face in that hospital, why didnt they use their plan right then? Do they have to be in Paradis for the mass sterilization?

2. And why didnt Zeke share his plans with Marley? I assume bc they wouldnt go along with that plan? Maybe bc they want to keep their Titans for war purposes and they need Eldians to do their bidding?
I dont really get why Zeke faked is death and ran off.

3. Since Zeke is royalty, does that mean hes related to the queen of Paradis? (forgot her name, the blonde girl).

4. Why are the Ackermanns so strong? Was that revealed yet? Could theyve been enhanced by the founding titan? Can they become titans themselves?

Thanks in advance
1. Both Eren and Zeke have no idea what would happen if they actually touched. When Eren “used” the Founding’s power in season 2, it was off instincts and touching Dina which was a regular titan not a shifter. Also, Zeke is only the key he needs full trust in Eren to actually achieve his plan not a 1 off conversation since Eren is the one controlling the powers.

2. Because he wants to bait Marley and the rest of the world into attacking Paradis and Paradis to use a partial rumbling to scare them off. Then he will proceed with the euthanasia of Eldians by making them fertile and tell the rest of the world to let the Eldians live peacefully until their last day alive.

3. Yes. Zeke is directly related to King Fritz from his descendants that stayed on Marley. Historia is also a descendant of King Fritz when the King at the time went to Paradis and built the walls. Reiss = Fritz.

4. It should’ve been revealed but they’ve only hinted at it and removed the dialogue from the manga that mentions it in the chapters covered.
KneelBeforeMeMar 21, 2021 8:16 PM
Mar 21, 2021 8:06 PM

Apr 2020
An episode filled with Zeke's past, is this the first time Eren calls Zeke "big brother"?
Mar 21, 2021 8:16 PM

Jun 2020
Well it really was a great episode. All that zeke’s backstory and revelations included were stunning and twisting in certain ways, but I just don’t get convinced by zeke’s plan. I’ve got some kind of an LSD theory about it but since I’m only anime watcher I wouldn’t know yet if I could be right or wrong, so...

Ah, and in the theory and in the feelings, despite being an asshole, Grisha was not wrong; he was wrong in the way to carry his plan out and not giving a single moment of love to his son. That’s what I loved about this ep among other things, that that holocaust situation is realistic, is a fucking hell and not easy to change it at all.
Mar 21, 2021 8:21 PM

Sep 2020
I think they need to cut a lot of zeke backstory,yes we get it,aot dont need char dev,but a char backstory and it has many casts,but the amount of action in this episode is very few.

3/5 will do this.
Mar 21, 2021 8:28 PM

Mar 2019
Everyone's flawed in this series. I wouldn't be surprised if they all end up going down.
Mar 21, 2021 8:32 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, that was fucked up. The world was so bad, and plus Grisha was unintentionally brainwashing him. Sad, man.

Young Magath looks a lot like Shadis, now that I notice.
"Social Dance Club"? Is that what they called the Reformation group? XD And plus they did convince them lol
Ah, man don't show Faye again, horrible memories come back!
Holy shit, this was such an awful life for Zeke, Grisha's screaming was honestly really scary.
As if last Season, Grisha's backstory already did not fuck us up enough and now this.

Brother to brother talk was interesting, surely.
Zeke pulled the Thunderbolt! Levi too took it head-on! Nice way to end this episode.

Gotta say, I almost got teary for Zeke, just almost.
--AbiSa--
Mar 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Jul 2010
Now that I've seen Zeke's point of view I kind of get it lmao his parents sucked. His euthanasia plan is trash though can't be deciding that for other people. Eren is definitely using him he wants to kill everyone that opposes him / Eldia exact opposites.
Mar 21, 2021 8:59 PM
Jan 2021
SErwins said:
Mappa ruined attack on titan #seriously

nah man, attack on titan episodes have been getting only better and better.
idk why people are hating on mappa :|
Mar 21, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
I'm still asking this question. How does this show end? Also will there be more? Will this be it? Also, I can see a clear ESH(every sucks here) situation but I'm gonna side with Eren and Zeke. The plan makes sense and you don't have to deal with Titans anymore. I also feel their plan is their best shot since pretty much everyone in the military ha a death on them now with Zeke's love juice in them. I was right not to say Eren was a villian. He had a plan all along.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 21, 2021 9:05 PM

Aug 2020
I dont want Zeke or Levi to die. Nooo.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 21, 2021 9:10 PM

Oct 2019
Yo I can't believe they added that horse on fire towards the end. Damn. I don't remember that in the manga.
Other than that this was a flawless episode, 5/5
Mar 21, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, whenever i watch an episode of SnK, a part of me is always "wtf is this", but i guess it's finally time to get some answers. So Zeke and Eren want to euthanaziate all the Eldians? I mean, i am glad, now i know why Zeke is fighting for but idk man...

I did love Zeke's backstory, it completes so much the character.

So the next episode is the last one? And what next? I think i won't be able to wait for the next season/movie wtv, this is the final season so i expected it to be final, if it isn't i'll end the anime with the help of manga i guess.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2020

461 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 10:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.