Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is there a limit of how much Kumoko can evolve? That's another growth this episode.

Strangely enough, it seems she isn't too pleased about it. On the other hand, it's interesting that there's more revealed about that fictional world. Every episode seems to have hidden truths just waiting to be discovered. And at this point, I got used to the CGI in this anime so it didn't bother me much this episode.
Mar 19, 2021 6:41 AM

Jun 2014
Loved the episode. The taboo images were great. Excited to see what anime-onlys think of that.
Mar 19, 2021 7:06 AM

Feb 2014
Probably my favourite anime of the season, if it wasn't for the hero part it would have a higher score, even with the lame CGI.
Mar 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty fun episode. I was starting to lose patience with Kumoko for doing all that talking instead of just killing the hornets lmao.

So, I didn’t understand it last week, but I’m guessing she was the monster that they faced in the tunnel last week?? The one that made the old guy and his comrades retreat. I was under the impression that flashback was years ago, which confused me.
Mar 19, 2021 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Pretty fun episode. I was starting to lose patience with Kumoko for doing all that talking instead of just killing the hornets lmao.

So, I didn’t understand it last week, but I’m guessing she was the monster that they faced in the tunnel last week?? The one that made the old guy and his comrades retreat. I was under the impression that flashback was years ago, which confused me.

It was years ago. Remember that Kumoko can act immediately after being hatched, but the humans need years to grow up.
Mar 19, 2021 7:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wait Kumoko isn't the demon lord but that white girl right? I don't know if I'm dumb but it really looks like that for me.
Actually really liked the training and wasps fight, too bad that some monsters (like dragon and snake) are looking pretty bad because of the CGI, it looks like they're plastic to be honest, well now it's time for Kumoko vs Dragon, it's gonna be great
Mar 19, 2021 7:19 AM
Dec 2017
Marinate1016 said:

People still havent processed this???
Mar 19, 2021 7:19 AM
Mar 2021
Dam dragon man looks ugly. Good episode tho. Im not gonna bother quoting ppl who don’t understand what’s going on anymore.
Mar 19, 2021 7:23 AM
Mar 2014
Ashhk said:
Wait Kumoko isn't the demon lord but that white girl right? I don't know if I'm dumb but it really looks like that for me.

Both are albinos, both apparently use the rare rot attribute but perhaps Kumoko is simply her grandmother?
Mar 19, 2021 7:25 AM
Apr 2018
Less humans, more spider!!
Mar 19, 2021 7:26 AM
Apr 2018
Mar 19, 2021 7:29 AM
Oct 2016
Gotta grind those levels before you can take on the big boys. Kumoko evolving last episode getting all that information flooded into her head. All about the truth of this world how things are headed to a bad end, she's gotta get out of this cave and do something about that. Overcoming her trauma will be a big step in that direction, which means facing off against the terrifying earth dragon we saw a few episodes back. That gets us back to the topic of grinding levels, Kumoko going around fighting some monsters like more frogs and those hornets. That part with them stinging her over and over made me laugh, damn things kept interrupting her sentences. She did get them all though which is good. Now to face the earth dragon himself!
Mar 19, 2021 7:30 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:

Yes it was 15 years ago. He was telling that solider about what had happened before
Mar 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
Dukino said:
Marinate1016 said:

Yes it was 15 years ago. He was telling that solider about what had happened before

I thought so, thanks
Mar 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
JDartrix said:
Marinate1016 said:

People still havent processed this???

You gonna answer the question or make asinine replies? It’s a cartoon, not the GRE.
Mar 19, 2021 7:35 AM

Oct 2017
Kumoko's becoming more inhuman, she's enjoying violance and strength. Also she found out the secrets of this world and I'm really curious to know em but it's proly gonna be a while before it's revealed to us.

So according to Hyrince, Julius died by Rot magic. There wasn't even a deadbody cause rot magic destroys everything. So uh Kumoko can use rot magic too. Does that mean that girl was Kumoko? Thou I don't think Julius is dead cause Hyrince is suspicious and he might be telling a false story.
Mar 19, 2021 7:37 AM

Jan 2018
I really want to see kumoko becoming overlord
Mar 19, 2021 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode as always
I want to see Fei’s new evolution damn
Mar 19, 2021 7:48 AM

Jun 2019
Fei formed a pact with Schlain. And Kumoko wanted to defeat Araba, the earth dragon. But, just by looking at his power, she got overwhelmed. But, that changes everything now, since I'm assuming that was Kumoko who killed Julius. So, will he come after Kumoko now?
Whereas in the past, Kumoko keeps grinding her levels. She's getting stronger with every episode. I wonder how things will turn out as the story progresses.
Mar 19, 2021 7:53 AM
Dec 2017
This time monsters had way more fluid animation, i guess final battle of the first half's final will be really important.
Mar 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
I tink the new intro was pretty interesting, you could see that the demon lords are becoming a threat to everyone on that world.
Mar 19, 2021 8:04 AM

Dec 2010
I'm a bit confused, the white demon who kill the hero is Kumoko in the present right?

Noticed she survivor, thanks to the phoenix feather, speaking about white chick used rot skills and then the scene back to Kumoko in the past using rot skills, animators like to joke about such things eh? :D

Believe her future form was 50% monster and 50% human, but not 100% human. I'm a bit disappointed is she is her, monster form was so badass.

Mar 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting short backstory about the world. So you need to max out Taboo skill to know all of this. So are the humans killing those with Taboo skill to hide this information?

Is Kumoko the girl in white? And here I thought she was the Demond Lord. The studio really likes the play with the viewers. Is the WN/LN like that as well, to the source readers.

Kumoko is becoming more of a monster with that massacre lol. Now she has to take down Araba, the earth dragon which I'm looking forward to.

Mar 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Sep 2019
The scene where Kumoko saw 2 huge dragons reminded me of the warrior vs big monster meme.
Mar 19, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2015
Ashhk said:
Actually really liked the training and wasps fight, too bad that some monsters (like dragon and snake) are looking pretty bad because of the CGI, it looks like they're plastic to be honest, well now it's time for Kumoko vs Dragon, it's gonna be great

Mar 19, 2021 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
ooh this was a pretty nice episode, lots of buildup to the fight and cant wait to see how that goes down next week!. also, some cool stuff for the shun and it'd be cool to find out who that white girl who killed the hero julius is as well. also, kumoko is still "no name", wonder whe she'll get an actual name?
Mar 19, 2021 8:39 AM
Feb 2020
curvedtree said:
Probably my favourite anime of the season, if it wasn't for the hero part it would have a higher score, even with the lame CGI.

I actually like the hero part more. Mostly cause I read the manga like last year (ik its a LN adaptation) and this was like stuff close to the beginning.
Mar 19, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
this series getting more n more interesting.
early episodes were not so great for me
thank god i got through them as now i am enjoying it so much
Mar 19, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
Notifications said:
curvedtree said:

I actually like the hero part more. Mostly cause I read the manga like last year (ik its a LN adaptation) and this was like stuff close to the beginning.

The hero part seems like generic isekai to me, and I'm not really into that.
Mar 19, 2021 8:59 AM
Jan 2018
WHOA, that was some major,
Mar 19, 2021 9:03 AM

Oct 2007
skipped all the parts of ganeric-isekai-male-with-a-harem-and-his-dramas. lol

nice to see some Alaba and Kumoko action. That surprise gravity attack by the giant snake is strong too, but Alaba is simply better than him at fighting.

looking forward to next week!
Mar 19, 2021 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
After seeing how the dragon massacred that snake, I can see she's starting to change on the inside, aspiring to have that level of power kinda makes me understand the Kumoko of the present time line.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 19, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
If you're gonna get out of there, gonna get stronger, then you gotta face your fears, and fight the big bad monster in your waaaay.

Human side picking up very nicely, great episode.
Mar 19, 2021 9:14 AM
Sep 2020
Liddo-kun said:

nice to see some Alaba and Kumoko action. That surprise gravity attack by the giant snake is strong too, but Alaba is simply better than him at fighting.

good luck making sense out of the later parts of this season because of skipping it 👍
Mar 19, 2021 9:18 AM

Nov 2014
Not sure if I should believe that white girl was Kumoko or if it's another bait by author/studio. I kinda want it to be her tbh.

CGI was painful again. I hope the big fight (next episode?) at least has some nice moves, even if CGI.
Mar 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
HoloKill said:
Liddo-kun said:

good luck making sense out of the later parts of this season because of skipping it 👍

already at 300+ of the novel. Already know most of the story. I have no need for your "goodluck".
Mar 19, 2021 9:20 AM
Apr 2020
I can't wait for the final fight of the first half of the anime. The episode was really good.
Mar 19, 2021 9:21 AM
Sep 2020
Liddo-kun said:
HoloKill said:

already at 300+ of the web novel. Already know most of the story. I have no need for your "goodluck".
The light novel and web novel have a lot of differences, and this anime is adapting the light novel, but you should be able to make sense out of most of it I guess.
HoloKillMar 19, 2021 9:25 AM
Mar 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Apr 2020
Another good episode I am really enjoying this adaptation. Episodes feel like 5 mins not 25. Feel like they have managed to get the mixing of time line like in LN spot on.

Got to see if only brief Shiraori, wish could had see of her using rot on the hero!
Mar 19, 2021 9:28 AM

Jan 2020
Well, the end of the world because of humans and gods? . This just doesn't get any more interesting!

I must say that it stresses me to see Kumo-chan so small compared to the dragon :(

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Mar 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
Yayy we got to see the 10th Demon Army Commander in action. Can’t wait to see more of her as the series progresses.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Mar 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2007
Azugot said:

what this person said
Mar 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2020
I was shocked to see Kumo-san having more HP than Araba. But why is she even trying to kill Araba after he spared her twice already. But this episode was great.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 19, 2021 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
One lengthy post in a website's comment section about last episode's 3-tiered timeline (of Kumoko, the Humans and the Demons), and the Taboo Lv. 10 itself is a BIG SPOILERY POINT for LN readers who know what's going on. This is basically like Promised Neverland skipping the Goldy Pond arc, and this show doing the exact opposite.

The adventures of Kumoko in the dungeon Stratums aren't getting any batter for constant bloodbaths between monsters, what a cruel world...but even more so is the Human world with this "white girl" (which is Kumoko in the present day, if the last episode wasn't hinting at facts strewn all over).

The studious sessions of understanding Kumoko a.k.a No Name's increasing abilities of skills, sure that could be seen as the constant one-off, as is with the usual fending off of low-level monsters, except the Earth Dragon Araba.

Indeed, there's a lot to take in for these past 2 episodes for diverging and converging timelines, and it only makes the puzzle piecing more thoughtful about skipped events.
Mar 19, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2015
Naren-kun said:
I was shocked to see Kumo-san having more HP than Araba. But why is she even trying to kill Araba after he spared her twice already. But this episode was great.

Chances are it wont be explained in the anime but just in case
Mar 19, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
Leo said:
Interesting short backstory about the world. So you need to max out Taboo skill to know all of this. So are the humans killing those with Taboo skill to hide this information?

Is Kumoko the girl in white? And here I thought she was the Demond Lord. The studio really likes the play with the viewers. Is the WN/LN like that as well, to the source readers.

Kumoko is becoming more of a monster with that massacre lol. Now she has to take down Araba, the earth dragon which I'm looking forward to.

oooh the WN is much much worse lol
The contents of Tabboo weren't shown until much later, I'm actually disappointed that they showed even fractions of it. For us it was like, Kumoko got super pissed and decided to do something about it and only at the point where she would have a small chance of actually doing something about it that we got part of the info that was in taboo. Also, the info that it was two different timelines and crucial hints of where/who is Kumoko in the future where given much sooner in the anime.

About your first question, that is a good guess, but to know you have to hide it you have to know what you're hidding, right? It's kind of contradictory...

Anyway, I'm glad the wasps are here! they should have been introduced sooner, but I'm glad that at least Kumoko getting stabbed stayed, it's a shame that they'll skip her fight against the other two dragons tho....

And to all of you anime onlies, welcome to the plot! It only took 11 episodes to get here lol
Mar 19, 2021 10:30 AM
Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:
One lengthy post in a website's comment section about last episode's 3-tiered timeline (of Kumoko, the Humans and the Demons), and the Taboo Lv. 10 itself is a BIG SPOILERY POINT for LN readers who know what's going on. This is basically like Promised Neverland skipping the Goldy Pond arc, and this show doing the exact opposite.

The adventures of Kumoko in the dungeon Stratums aren't getting any batter for constant bloodbaths between monsters, what a cruel world...but even more so is the Human world with this "white girl" (which is Kumoko in the present day, if the last episode wasn't hinting at facts strewn all over).

The studious sessions of understanding Kumoko a.k.a No Name's increasing abilities of skills, sure that could be seen as the constant one-off, as is with the usual fending off of low-level monsters, except the Earth Dragon Araba.

Indeed, there's a lot to take in for these past 2 episodes for diverging and converging timelines, and it only makes the puzzle piecing more thoughtful about skipped events.

Im confused, i havent watched promosed neverland season 2 so reference is has tl get for me. Are you saying youre glad they skipped stuff or wanted it covered- if so what did they skip
Mar 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
An episode dedicated to Kumoko planning how to beat Araba, I'm hyped for the showdown.

So

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 2017
poisonedbite said:
WHOA, that was some major,

It's not really a spoiler unless they show
Mar 19, 2021 10:52 AM

May 2015
FMmatron said:
An episode dedicated to Kumoko planning how to beat Araba, I'm hyped for the showdown.

So

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.