Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »
Sep 28, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
didn't really like this episode because i'm not a fan of Kurisu, but it was okay. i really hope this show doesn't pull a plot convenience card where everyone survives and lives happily ever after
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
Fuck me.

Way to rip my heart out with the romantic love story then drop a WW3 plot on our asses.
Jan 3, 2018 4:25 AM
Jun 2017
this episode is so sad to watch, i mean its Okabe and Kurisu moment. I love the way the have their conversation at each other. sadly its gonna be the last one...
Feb 2, 2018 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting. People have been expecting a kiss, and I was surprised, because it never seemed like a pairing to me. The romance wasn't well done at all, since it didn't even seemed romantic before this episode, it came out of the blue. I have nothing against it though.

Otherwise, it was weird the way they changed the past this time, without d-mail. But reading this thread helped me understand. And after the post-credits scene, I'm eager for the next episodes.
"I've learned there are two currents of thoughts in human society. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life. And the opinion that there's nothing preferable to life". Wenli, Yang - LotGH
http://www.bluepasj.wordpress.com
Feb 7, 2018 2:45 PM

Apr 2017
why tho

why tho

why tho

why tho

why tho
Mar 9, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2018
Perfect and beautiful.
Apr 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Jul 2016
Eh.

Okabe X Kurisu was going to happen, everyone knew that. And when she rushed to the Lab to tell him: 'I love you' while the timeline was changing I though: 'Man, this is so cliché'. And... didn't we already know that? They've kissed, it's not like this is School Days or anything B-Baka Haha, geddit, Kurisu is a tsundere eks dee dee dee

That said, the ending is the embodiment of hype. Not even Monster could hype up the next episode so much.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 22, 2018 1:29 PM

May 2017
Man, this is a hard series. The emotion ;;;
My boyfriend is theorizing that with Suzuha coming back and two more episodes (also WWIII????) that Kurisu might have to come back in another timeline, but damn. I made him hold off on finishing the last eps because we had to go to bed lol this show is definitely binge worthy (I also recommend bingeing, the story and timeline might be hard to follow if you watch it within a month or whatever lol)
May 6, 2018 1:56 AM
Oct 2015
This is my second time watching it since I'm watching the series, realising I've forgotten 80% for steins gate zero. This time I actually shed tears, that scene was just simply heart-breaking.
I'm glad they made over that 1%, but it appears it isn't over yet :p
Heckle was here...
May 11, 2018 4:07 AM
Apr 2015
sooo why on earth am i rewatching this series again while Zero is airing? I have no idea. more pain? probably so. This episode... Honestly, I don’t really ship fictional characters that much, but Okabe and Kurisu... They’ve gone so much together in such a short amount of time and seeing them develop into this moment was a sight for teary eyes.

If I remember properly my 4 years ago self that watched this for the first time, this episode sealed the deal for me for Kurisu being my favorite character ever. She doesn’t say much about her own feelings (not to mention that she’s a tsun lol) but when she did, oh wow. “I’ll always be at the 1% barrier..” “Theory of relativity is so romantic... and so sad” Who knew these scientific lines would make me feel a lot of things. And up to when she kissed Okabe, it was the icing and the cherry to the cake. You thought she’s gone when Okabe bought her to the station, but she suddenly comes back to the lab (supposed to) telling Okabe that she loves him. She’s selfless, but deep inside she’s a bit... helpless, and Okabe brought her to the world of hope, at least in the alpha worldline.

And Okabe after her farewell made this episode one of my top favorites. His monologue before deleting the first d-mail, was really powerful. He was using chuuni-lines just to hide his emotions (leaving Mayuri and Daru out of the loop on what he’s about to do) and even after that, Mayuri at the beta-line wants him to cry.

To think that I was done with this show after watching it 4 years ago and playing the original VN, I’m thankful for Zero for resparking my love for this series, and I’m never letting it go.
comingsmileMay 11, 2018 8:06 AM
May 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Feb 2018
This was just great why couldn't this have been the end of the show :/ why did they have to undercut all the emotions with a cheap they are all fine and everything is good now ending.
May 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
This was just great why couldn't this have been the end of the show :/ why did they have to undercut all the emotions with a cheap they are all fine and everything is good now ending.

Because if the ending is episode 22 episode 1 will be pointless and paradox lol
However, i agree and there might be a better way to deliver the message
May 27, 2018 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
7th-Archangel said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Because if the ending is episode 22 episode 1 will be pointless and paradox lol
However, i agree and there might be a better way to deliver the message

Yea I knew but still I loved this epiosde and everything afterwords just diminished the impact of kusisu and okabes last moments together. I wish they had handled that in a different way.
Aug 15, 2018 7:56 PM

Aug 2017
WWIII?? ok!!

I like this romance. I rarely care about romance but I think that they are cute as a couple.

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2018 1:14 PM
Apr 2018
I cried my eyes out in this episode even though I thought that Okabe was in love with Mayuri all this time.
Dec 25, 2018 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Everytime Kurisu laughs like a mad scientist, it's always a good moment, her laugh is adorable! And just like the others, Kurisu herself got some memory from her other worldlines selves.

REJOICE FELLOW OKABE X KURISU SHIPPERS!!!
This is a dream come true, my hope for Okabe X Kurisu to have a full-fledged romantic relationship came true! Those hugs and those multiple kisses and the time they've spent alone together, it makes me really happy to see both of them showing their affection to each other! Both Okabe and Kurisu even eventually confesses that they do love each other! Such beautiful and satisfying events!

Yet... It's sad to think that this might be the last time that both of them will ever be physically together. Once Okabe goes back to Beta worldline, Kurisu will die. NOOO!!! I want both of them along with everybody else to live and be happy together as members of the Future Gadgets Lab. Yet that's just not possible in this scenario... The good things that have happened in this episode can be described as the calm before the storm.

After going back to beta worldline, the problem is not completely over?! Now WW3 is the problem, WTF?! How much more pain will Okabe have to experience?! He even can't fully bring himself to cry anymore. What the actual fuck though? WW3 Outta nowhere? I demand an explanation! SUZUHA!

Jan 4, 2019 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
Since 15 minute and to the end i was crying, the saddest ep in this anime
Mar 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2019
I think I'm going to die from emotional trauma
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 23, 2019 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know if I cried so much during an episode. Everything was just perfect. I knew Kurisu would slap Okabe when he mentioned how emotionless he got and that he often didn't care when Mayuri die because he was just waiting for it to happen.

That kiss was just wonderful. Especially because they kissed again. He finally realized how much he loves Kurisu. And after all not being able to rescue her is just so sad. I think this hit me personally extremely hard because I made also the experience not to be able to help the woman I felt in love with ;_;

I think the 2 hardest parts were when Kurisu came back to say that she also loves Okabe and when Mayuri said that it's okay if Okabe wants to cry. That was to much for me. I'm glad I had tissues :(

Why is Suzuha back? And is she for real? Okabe has to stop the third world war? Oh boy...that's something. Can't believe only 2 episodes are left.

Jun 25, 2019 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
kurisu brings the karma of face kicking of moeka to okabe by slapping that delusional chosen one dude. sugeh!

after that okabe desperately asking for a chuu-chuu from kurisu, what a wack virgin lmao

the ending song sounds like it's coming from bejeweled, i laughed at this part hahaha
Jun 30, 2019 8:38 AM

Dec 2018
The real ship is Okabe x Moeka.

And that's how the scientist handled romance, applying theory of relativity to their romance. By the way they can always use the time leap machine lol.

I guess Mayuri remembered the Alpha world line.

So in Beta worldline Suzuha already figured out whos her dad is.

Seems Mayuri's life is heavier for a price than Kurisu's life.

Lol, so Okabe value Kurisu more than Mayuri, yet he choose to save Mayuri over Kurisu.
Kish0Jun 30, 2019 9:51 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
At least a confession, pretty sad she has to accept her fate like that

Looks like world war 3 has occured before 2036

Sep 9, 2019 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
The confession and the kiss were sweet and beautiful but whyyyy :( the way this episode made me tear up duude.
Jan 8, 2020 5:40 AM

Jan 2019
Now this is the kind of romance I can get behind!
But man, this was sad.
Jan 20, 2020 8:57 PM
Apr 2018
So there is romance after all. Didn't see that coming.

Lmao, WWIII??? That's the kind of dilemma I wanted to see. I knew the ending was playing too early, thank God I kept watching
May 4, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2017
Well Kurisu had to die anyway. That was the original world line remember? Where Okabe found her in that building; killed. Come to think of it...did you guys remember if it was ever confirmed? I already forgotten. Didn't Okabe only see Kurisu lying on the floor with a massive amount of blood around her? She could've been stabbed or shot but who knows! Maybe she's still alive? Just on critical condition.

Kurisu is just a normal character for me. Although it was heroic of her to think about others rather than herself. I feel so sorry for her and Okabe. Surely there must be some way for them to be together. As long as Mayuri survives too of course!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 4, 2020 5:48 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Wow... Talk about emotional. Where do I find a love like that 😭😭😭

And the end credits "we have to stop WW3" ahh crap you gotta be kidding right 😂
May 17, 2020 9:34 AM
Nov 2019
Absolute P O W E R!!!!
May 31, 2020 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
not gonna lie, this romance came out of nowhere for me. I never ever thought after watching all 22 episodes so far, that male MC and red hair chick had crushes on each other. I wasnt shipping anyone in this anime because there was no ship or hints, but its ok
Jun 1, 2020 2:37 AM

May 2016
ooo333 said:
not gonna lie, this romance came out of nowhere for me. I never ever thought after watching all 22 episodes so far, that male MC and red hair chick had crushes on each other.

It means that you wouldn't pay attention to the details or just simply don't how 2 immature, yet egoistic teenager behaves if they have crush on each other. How Okabe and Kurisu behaves with each other is completely natural.

For example, look at the scene from Ep12 when they are walking on the street (from 9:06 to 10:40). Don't tell me you don't feel the sexual tension between them. Okabe also calls her as his "dear companion" and blushes. Kurisu also blushes too. Then of course they starts to teasing each other to hide their embarassment.

Another example is Episode 11 (from 16:55):
K: I, um... I think of you as a companion. You told me before, didn't you? That I was your dear companion. That made me really happy, I guess.
O: Do you have a fever?
K: N-No! What? I'm trying to rethink my opinion of you... Stupid Okabe!

The lab coat scene from episode 4 is also like this.

I suggest you to do a rewatch. It is worth it! I rewatched this anime like 7 times, I guess, and still, during every rewatch, I can spot interesting details which I didn't recognized before. I never seen any show which has this high rewatch value as Steins;Gate!
-
Jun 27, 2020 6:27 AM

Apr 2020
Oh man, they know it, they know my weakness is such romantic scenes with a huge hint of dispair and sadness(Am I a sadist for enjoying it?). Well, gotta admit, I was hoping Kurisu and Okabe would eventually come together, but I didn't expect them to outright confess to each other after such a dramatic "prelude".

Man, if only there were more scenes like that in other shows.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Aug 2, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2020
Its super emotional
Aug 7, 2020 2:05 AM
Oct 2019
Man.. i cried.. i laughed.. it was really a good and worth watching experinece. I have a bunch of questions to mention. I am getting it slowly
First of all, Will i watch the following 3episodes or just watch the beta episode and then jump to steins gate 0 then watch the remaing 3 episodes? Help me with this as fast as you can.

Secondly, who was his first kiss? :3
I think it will be Moeka

Thirdly, i don't know if i'm right or wrong... if i apply logic then okabe sent the d-mail about kurisu when he saw kurisu died. Suppose he sent it at 3:00 PM, 28th July. If he Time leap to 2:50 Pm, 28th july and don't send the d-mail at 3:00 pm won't it be considered as he didn't even send a d-mail about Kurisu? then if he time leap again to the world line where he and kurisu kissed won't they all be living happily? Just a prediction.
Thank you <3

Aug 7, 2020 5:15 AM

May 2016
OtAkU_TaBiB said:
Man.. i cried.. i laughed.. it was really a good and worth watching experinece. I have a bunch of questions to mention. I am getting it slowly
First of all, Will i watch the following 3episodes or just watch the beta episode and then jump to steins gate 0 then watch the remaing 3 episodes? Help me with this as fast as you can.

I think it will be Moeka

Thirdly, i don't know if i'm right or wrong... if i apply logic then okabe sent the d-mail about kurisu when he saw kurisu died. Suppose he sent it at 3:00 PM, 28th July. If he Time leap to 2:50 Pm, 28th july and don't send the d-mail at 3:00 pm won't it be considered as he didn't even send a d-mail about Kurisu? then if he time leap again to the world line where he and kurisu kissed won't they all be living happily? Just a prediction.
Thank you <3

Finish Steins;Gate first. Then Beta and then zero

His first kiss was with Mayuri, as he points this out in the VN (they playfully kissed when they were little)

No, what you are saying makes abdolutely no sense.
Firstly,he can't leap to July 28th. The limit of the time leap machine is 2 days and it was ready on Aug 13, so the limit where he can time leap is Aug 11.

Secondly, in Beta worldline there is no time leap machine, since Kurisu is dead.

Thirdly, even if he doesn't send a D-Mail about Kurisu, it doesn't change the fact that Kurisu was murdered.

Lastly, you can only time leap into the past, you cannot time leap into a completely different worldline.

Did you even understand this series?
-
Aug 7, 2020 6:19 AM
Oct 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
OtAkU_TaBiB said:

I think it will be Moeka

Thank you <3

His first kiss was with Mayuri, as he points this out in the VN (they playfully kissed when they were little)

Firstly,he can't leap to July 28th. The limit of the time leap machine is 2 days and it was ready on Aug 13, so the limit where he can time leap is Aug 11.

Secondly, in Beta worldline there is no time leap machine, since Kurisu is dead.

Thirdly, even if he doesn't send a D-Mail about Kurisu, it doesn't change the fact that Kurisu was murdered.

Lastly, you can only time leap into the past, you cannot time leap into a completely different worldline.

-_- Dude i understood it but i was just aking whether it is possible or not -_-

Aug 7, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2016
OtAkU_TaBiB said:
SheevPalpatine said:

-_- Dude i understood it but i was just aking whether it is possible or not -_-

If you truly understood, you wouldn't ask this question, but whatever
-
Aug 9, 2020 12:18 PM

Apr 2020
He couldn't make the choice and was willing to see Mayuri keep dying in order to find a way for both her and Kurisu to live. Anyone could see that Okabe and Kirusu were perfect together which showed why he couldn't choose between both of them. Sadly, Kirusu made that choice for him. Their final interactions from their kiss in the lab to her monologue at the train station to the ending was beautifully done. When she burst into the lab to tell her how she felt about him as time started changing...no. Just no :'(

RiceKnight59Mar 12, 2021 6:35 AM
Sep 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Another emotional episode, but this one is special. I was happy when Okabe and Kurisu kissed each other and showed that they love each other, I really rooted for them to do something like that. Yet it was very sad at the same time, because it was not only a love confession, but it was more like saying goodbye to each other. :( That ending scene with Kurisu made everything even more dramatic.

What intrigued me after returning to the base world was Mayuri being aware of being in danger etc. I hope this phenomenon will be explained in the next episodes.
Sep 21, 2020 5:44 AM

Oct 2019
The best episode so far, by far. A perfect 10! Very sad though, as heart-wrenching as it gets. This was the first episode of the show that made me cry (unlike Okabe). So they went back to the original world line but it appears in this timeline the future is even worse.. I wonder if the other timeline still exists or was erased (along with Kurisu)*. I also have no idea why the original world line would be called "beta" but the world line that was generated by Okabe's first D-mail would be called "alpha". Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I am also curious if we are going to find out who killed Kurisu in the "beta" timeline and why. My bets are on Suzuha, for obvious reasons. Or rather.. not so obvious : in the "alpha" world line she might have killed her to prevent the rise of SERN; what would be her motive in the "beta" world line though? To prevent WWIII?

*Apparently it still exists because (unless I'm mistaken) they didn't undo the first D-mail that generated the "alpha" world line and saved Kurisu. They just erased the copy of that D-mail that had been retrieved by SERN. If they did nothing to affect the original D-mail that saved Kurisu from being stabbed then the "alpha" timeline must still exist (though with its future altered, not dominated by SERN due to the erasure of their copy of the original D-mail), along with Kurisu alive in it.

If they had undone the original D-mail in some way the "alpha" world line would have almost certainly be fully erased, due to undoing the cause that generated it in the first place. But the erasure of the SERN D-mail copy alone was enough for Okabe to jump back to his original "beta" world line. In other words :
1)Undoing of the original D-mail : death of Kurisu, prevention of the rise of SERN and (almost certainly) full erasure of the "alpha" world line (along with everyone in it).
2)Erasure of just SERN's D-mail copy : prevention of SERN's rise and a jump of Okabe back to the "beta" world line.
Nov 8, 2020 8:07 PM
May 2020
aww the confession was very cute, i think is one the best so far I've watched on anime, better than the Hikigaya and Yuki's one I think.

that ending tho lol
Mar 12, 2021 6:28 AM
Feb 2021

Apr 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Jul 2020
holy. fucking. shit.
May 21, 2021 11:20 PM
Feb 2021
I never thought that I will cry in a sci fi ;-;
I thought AOT was overrated , but S4 changed my mind. It's epic.

Highly recommend it
Jun 29, 2021 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'm surprised there's "24 episodes" in this series, as far as MAL reads and disregarding the OVA and such.

This seemed like such a bittersweet finale. And yet the phone call after the credits was a nice allusion to a potential second season or whatever happens next.

I'm excited to finish the series, but I think this'd also have made a fine final episode in an alternate reality.

Beautiful series. The first half was buildup and the second half was nonstop tension. Most series try to get the ball rolling (with the action and drama) by episode 3-5, but this series waited until the halfway point to REALLY get the gears grinding. That takes guts and not a lot of anime do that kind of thing. But it worked well.

As of this point, the mysteries have been answered and there's not many loose ends. And yet the series isn't even over yet, and apparently this an entirely different one afterward. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

P.S. I shipped Okarin and Kurisu from the beginning. His profession of love was sudden but at the same time not at all. Such good characters, dynamic, and chemistry.
Jun 29, 2021 2:42 PM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:
I'm surprised there's "24 episodes" in this series, as far as MAL reads and disregarding the OVA and such.

This seemed like such a bittersweet finale. And yet the phone call after the credits was a nice allusion to a potential second season or whatever happens next.

I'm excited to finish the series, but I think this'd also have made a fine final episode in an alternate reality.

Beautiful series. The first half was buildup and the second half was nonstop tension. Most series try to get the ball rolling (with the action and drama) by episode 3-5, but this series waited until the halfway point to REALLY get the gears grinding. That takes guts and not a lot of anime do that kind of thing. But it worked well.

As of this point, the mysteries have been answered and there's not many loose ends. And yet the series isn't even over yet, and apparently this an entirely different one afterward. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

P.S. I shipped Okarin and Kurisu from the beginning. His profession of love was sudden but at the same time not at all. Such good characters, dynamic, and chemistry.

Those 2 last battlecries of Okabe in the end was freaking awesome, I get chills every time I see it and the Jap dub got those moments perfectly, while I do love the English dub as well I must say, those battlecries weren't that good in the English dub, it was really weak but in the Jap dub I was blown away in it, such awesome voice acting from Okabe there. The only thing that moment needed was Okabe finally crying in it, such a waste of opportunity, it would be better if Okabe cried there, Okabe did cry in the VN but they removed that in the anime for whatever reason.

Still, it was an awesome episode.
Jun 29, 2021 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
xZabuzax said:
The only thing that moment needed was Okabe finally crying in it, such a waste of opportunity, it would be better if Okabe cried there, Okabe did cry in the VN but they removed that in the anime for whatever reason.

Oh wow 😂

On the contrary, I like to think that:
1. Even Okarin would've acknowledged how strange it would be to begin crying out of nowhere -- that is, from the perception of Mayuri and Daru. His battle cries, or his performance as Hououin Kyouma, was a substitute for that. Crying would probably confuse the other 'lab members' whereas his battle cries about success would be his way of releasing tension and relief without overly confusing the other two in the room. Like YOU said, "Mayuri doesn't deserve the shit" she's put through, and it'd be sad to see Mayuri worried in any way -- even after Okarin's triumph.
2. Not to mention, while a lot of people would have cried in that moment, the lack of tears may complement the idea of being "desensitized" to everything, which was a topic in either this episode or the last one.
3. Each time Okarin breaks down into tears is a spectacle. A true testament to cinematography, vocal performance, and characterization. BUT, notice how often he's been crying lately. (Justifiably.) My point is that we don't want to OVERPLAY the tears... we don't want the act of Okarin crying to LOSE its effect. I'm worried that if he were to have cried in that moment, we the viewers might've even been a bit desensitized to it. The battle cries certainly helped to mix things up.

HOWEVER, it DOES arise suspicion if Okabe cried in the visual novel. Why would they cut it from the anime -- and seemingly replace it with a longer credit sequence.
OR, is that WHY they cut his (canon) crying? So that the credits could fit into the episode?

I'm not disagreeing, though. This is certainly valid criticism and I can see why it would be strange for Okarin to not cry in that moment. I was certainly expecting tears -- but admit I was relieved when he held back.

xZabuzax said:

Those 2 last battlecries of Okabe in the end was freaking awesome, I get chills every time I see it

The perfect way to end the episode, and heck, even the series. It's endearing to know Okarin is still capable of performing mad scientist monologues after everything that has happened.

It also seemed like an IMPORTANT part of the episode, because it CAUSED Mayuri to follow with something along the line of "you don't have to do that anymore". Maybe signifying that Mayuri has gotten over her past trauma the death of her grandmother.

Also, even though it's revealed that Okarin only acts like a mad scientist (to a degree:) for Mayur's sake, it's INTERESTING to see that it's almost intertwined with Okarin's personality.
^ And that Mayuri actually had to TELL Okarin, "hey, you don't HAVE to put on that act anymore, I'm good now" but that Okarin almost can't help it.

xZabuzax said:
the Jap dub got those moments perfectly, while I do love the English dub as well I must say, those battlecries weren't that good in the English dub, it was really weak but in the Jap dub I was blown away in it, such awesome voice acting from Okabe there.

After hearing so much about the dub, I'm tempted to rewatch the entire show with English VA's. I'm fascinated by dubbing and voice acting. Having to match the mouth flaps, be a good performer, and have a FITTING voice that matches the character.
Not only that but you get to see people give their vocal interpretation of something we already watched in the show. So I'd love to see the battle cry, per se, reimagined and from the perspective of an "English" voice.

^ TL;DR, All irrelevant rambling. Just my CONVOLUTED personal opinions about the episode. Then again, everything I put on forums is incredibly hard-to-follow and convoluted hehe.
removed-userJun 29, 2021 4:57 PM
Jun 29, 2021 5:30 PM
Nov 2016
AlexanderHD said:
xZabuzax said:
The only thing that moment needed was Okabe finally crying in it, such a waste of opportunity, it would be better if Okabe cried there, Okabe did cry in the VN but they removed that in the anime for whatever reason.

Oh wow 😂

On the contrary, I like to think that:
1. Even Okarin would've acknowledged how strange it would be to begin crying out of nowhere -- that is, from the perception of Mayuri and Daru. His battle cries, or his performance as Hououin Kyouma, was a substitute for that. Crying would probably confuse the other 'lab members' whereas his battle cries about success would be his way of releasing tension and relief without overly confusing the other two in the room. Like YOU said, "Mayuri doesn't deserve the shit" she's put through, and it'd be sad to see Mayuri worried in any way -- even after Okarin's triumph.
2. Not to mention, while a lot of people would have cried in that moment, the lack of tears may complement the idea of being "desensitized" to everything, which was a topic in either this episode or the last one.
3. Each time Okarin breaks down into tears is a spectacle. A true testament to cinematography, vocal performance, and characterization. BUT, notice how often he's been crying lately. (Justifiably.) My point is that we don't want to OVERPLAY the tears... we don't want the act of Okarin crying to LOSE its effect. I'm worried that if he were to have cried in that moment, we the viewers might've even been a bit desensitized to it. The battle cries certainly helped to mix things up.

HOWEVER, it DOES arise suspicion if Okabe cried in the visual novel. Why would they cut it from the anime -- and seemingly replace it with a longer credit sequence.
OR, is that WHY they cut his (canon) crying? So that the credits could fit into the episode?

I'm not disagreeing, though. This is certainly valid criticism and I can see why it would be strange for Okarin to not cry in that moment. I was certainly expecting tears -- but admit I was relieved when he held back.

xZabuzax said:

Those 2 last battlecries of Okabe in the end was freaking awesome, I get chills every time I see it

The perfect way to end the episode, and heck, even the series. It's endearing to know Okarin is still capable of performing mad scientist monologues after everything that has happened.

It also seemed like an IMPORTANT part of the episode, because it CAUSED Mayuri to follow with something along the line of "you don't have to do that anymore". Maybe signifying that Mayuri has gotten over her past trauma the death of her grandmother.

Also, even though it's revealed that Okarin only acts like a mad scientist (to a degree:) for Mayur's sake, it's INTERESTING to see that it's almost intertwined with Okarin's personality.
^ And that Mayuri actually had to TELL Okarin, "hey, you don't HAVE to put on that act anymore, I'm good now" but that Okarin almost can't help it.

xZabuzax said:
the Jap dub got those moments perfectly, while I do love the English dub as well I must say, those battlecries weren't that good in the English dub, it was really weak but in the Jap dub I was blown away in it, such awesome voice acting from Okabe there.

After hearing so much about the dub, I'm tempted to rewatch the entire show with English VA's. I'm fascinated by dubbing and voice acting. Having to match the mouth flaps, be a good performer, and have a FITTING voice that matches the character.
Not only that but you get to see people give their vocal interpretation of something we already watched in the show. So I'd love to see the battle cry, per se, reimagined and from the perspective of an "English" voice.

^ TL;DR, All irrelevant rambling. Just my CONVOLUTED personal opinions about the episode. Then again, everything I put on forums is incredibly hard-to-follow and convoluted hehe.

That's also another good way of seeing it so you are not wrong on this either. I wanted Okabe to cry a bit because he went through a lot to get to this point but you're totally right saying that Okabe might be "desensitized" by this point which is why he didn't cry so that argument is pretty valid as well.

BTW, by all means, yeah re-watch this anime with the English dub this time, you will see why a lot of people praise the English dub in Steins;Gate, it IS good and even someone like me which usually hate English dubs with passion in animes actually loved the English dub here, I'm not loving it just because it's Steins;Gate and it's my favorite anime, on the contrary, if the English dub did a shitty job screwing with my favorite anime I would actually be pissed off about it and I would be shitting in the English dub like I do with Steins;Gate 0 (because I DO shit in Steins;Gate 0 a lot, to me it was simply a garbage anime) but I don't do it with the English dub, I don't shit in it because it's actually pretty damn good, that being said, I hated the fact how they screwed my favorite moment which was the last 2 battle cries in this episode, the English dub really sucked in that moment but other than this, the English dub was really good, it was so good that I actually prefer the English dub in some moments and also prefer the Jap dub in other moments.

Man you have to play the VN after this anime to see the other stuff you missed, overall the anime did a really good job adapting the VN and it's the best adaptation so far from any VN out there but you really need to see the other stuff the anime cut from the VN , they are pretty darn good as well.

Some people around here recommend playing the VN first and then going to the anime but I actually recommend the anime first and afterwards going for the VN to see the other stuff the anime cut out, specially the character endings, there are some endings in the VN that are really good and dark. If you don't feel like playing the VN because you have to read... A LOT... then at least go to Youtube and watch the character endings in the VN, if you liked the anime then you will like the VN as well.
xZabuzaxJun 29, 2021 6:01 PM
Jul 1, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2018
Emotional episode once again. Okabe knows that it's either Mayuri or Kurisu. At the end, he decides to save Mayuri. But because of that, he ended up telling his feelings to her. AND IT ENDS UP WITH A KISS, TWO KISSES EVEN THREE.
This is what I wanted and I GOT IT. Romance between Kirusu and Okabe is perfect, amazing and excellent.
Kurisu wanted to say something in the end. ''I'm also in'' = in love with you. (probably)
I'm gad that Okabe still can do his mad scientist monologues, he's still himself even after suffering so much.
So they went past 1% but something else happend. Suzuha calls Okabe and tells him that he has to stop WWIII? DAMN

Sad that he can't save both yet, hopefully he finds a solution where he can save both.

Daru found the stuff in the Datebase which he has to delete. IT'S TIME!
The battle of Ragnarok is finally OVER!
SideCharacterKalJul 1, 2021 3:31 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 4, 2021 1:43 AM

May 2020
Kurisu and Okabe is so cute aaaa
Also, World War 3?? what???
Pages (17) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.