Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2018
There's something extraordinary about comedy in this anime. Absolutely hilarious, I was smiling through whole episode.
Apr 18, 2020 11:51 AM

Jan 2017
OMFG that last part was pure GOLD!

If this will keep up S1 will top the already amazing S1!
Apr 18, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was better than the first one. Props to Kaguya's VA, Aoi Koga for doing a great job in particular. She stole the show this week with displaying Kaguya's full range of emotions so well.

Others were average but I didn't care about that, alteast the star delivered. She's practically the only character I sorta like now in the manga and she's leaps and bounds better than everyone else animated too (including Ishigami).

Whilst I've still lost passion for this franchise in general due to how stale and repetitive it has gotten in the manga, this episode showed glimpses of me potentially enjoying it again somewhat. Atleast the anime version.
Apr 18, 2020 12:02 PM
Apr 2020
Waiting for another budget breaking chika dance v 2.0.....
Apr 18, 2020 12:04 PM
Jan 2020
02:52 Moeha is a lot more dangerous than her silly sister…
08:16 Good job, Hayasaka! Kaguya is indeed the best present 💕
12:50 "I want to go out on a date with him! I even want to kiss him! And then..." Interesting, Kaguya! Can you tell me the further detail? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
22:00-22:16 😂😂😂 Just like what Chika thought of Ishigami: "a brute who beats women with logical arguments"
unnamed9711Apr 18, 2020 9:19 PM
Apr 18, 2020 12:04 PM
Apr 2020
This show always lives up to expectations man. Its always such a nice mix of heartnlwarming and humor, especially this episode.
Apr 18, 2020 12:11 PM
Apr 2019
Finally, the greatness that is Kaguya chan has been briefly animated
Apr 18, 2020 12:11 PM
Apr 2020
Also, all I'm saying is that if the Bulls had Ishigami instead of MJ they would have won 8 in a row, because that man is clutch as fuck
Apr 18, 2020 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
Well, that was just amazing! Been a while laughing so hard =/

The always mix of emotions of Kaguya for Chika ... Moeha is scary.

Hayasaka enjoyed the cake ..

Kaguya's court was hilarious. Cute little judge!

The birthday mind games. Overall Fujiwara's loss

Remembering all the stuff after watching yet again screams how amazing the manga is. And so glad that the adaptation is also so great!
Apr 18, 2020 12:33 PM

Feb 2008
Moeha is my type of girl.

Very nice and enjoyable episode. Hayasaka could get a bit more screen tiime but that's how it goes. Waiting for the new girls to make it more chaotic.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 18, 2020 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
First part was pretty great!

Glad to see Kei again so soon, she's adorable and not to mention gorgeous! I love how Kaguya kept telling herself that Kei is just like Miyuki and started imagining that it felt like going on a date with Miyuki himself XD

Hayasaka this girl knows no bounds with her sense of humor!! Love this girl so much that I would almost want to dethrone Chika for best girl!

The court session was freaking hilarious, the amount of different voices she did was insane! Great work from the voice actress! In the end she only gave Miyuki a small piece, as it was suppose to be!!

The end was great, the mind games are strong once again and god I love the OST that played in the background!!
Apr 18, 2020 12:40 PM
Dec 2017
Wish I didnt read the manga. That way I could've enjoyed the episode more!
Apr 18, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Two kaguya wins for today.. yay! the triple personalities scene inside kaguya was so funny lol..

can't wait for the elections arc!!
Apr 18, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
I sincerely cannot believe they got a va pick as perfect as they did for koga, really the whole cast has been great even the small bit characters but she just totally knocks it out of the park. I think the only one im kind of not sold on yet is Hayasaka's just cause I havent heard her in a less deadpan scenario yet.

Dudi4PoLFr said:

If this will keep up S1 will top the already amazing S1!

Gonna hype it up cause honestly ive not really seen anyone disagree with this sentiment. Fireworks aside s1 was mostly just adapting the weakest parts of the entire series by a pretty large margin before it finds its footing with both the characters as well as avoiding the pratfall of being too formulaic. From here on out its gonna be the good shit that made this series so beloved in the first place. Theres a couple small moments of division but thats lightyears ahead from now especially in anime form.

So potential delay aside, your gonna have a hell of a good few months ahead of yah with this one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 18, 2020 12:53 PM

Dec 2019
Another amazing episode, incredibly funny till the end.

My cheeks are hurting because of how much I was laughing. Also, props to Koga Aoi, she completely nailed it with her voice acting, such a talented VA.
Apr 18, 2020 1:05 PM

Jan 2017
JizzyHitler said:

Gonna hype it up cause honestly ive not really seen anyone disagree with this sentiment. Fireworks aside s1 was mostly just adapting the weakest parts of the entire series by a pretty large margin before it finds its footing with both the characters as well as avoiding the pratfall of being too formulaic. From here on out its gonna be the good shit that made this series so beloved in the first place. Theres a couple small moments of division but thats lightyears ahead from now especially in anime form.

So potential delay aside, your gonna have a hell of a good few months ahead of yah with this one.

Well if that was the "weakest" part of the manga we are here for one hell of a ride!
Apr 18, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2018
As always this episode was amazing and hilarious, I laughed so much I teared up.
Loved the ending so much!

this episode is a 5/5 for me!

Apr 18, 2020 1:19 PM
Apr 2018
I like how they are not showing Miku Iino till the end. Happy to see anime is doing good as first season. High expectations
Apr 18, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2016
I wanted to wait until a certain point to eventually give the show a 10 but damn this is pressing me already
Apr 18, 2020 1:31 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
My heart kinda hurts for Chika. That was far from cool, dudes...
ALSO THEY KEPT DADDY DADDY DOO!

Apr 18, 2020 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
My only problem with this episode is, it felt too small :( we need more than 12 episodes!
Apr 18, 2020 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
This epsidoe alone was 10/10.
Chika's sister is... ineresteing.
Kaguya reached new heights of cutenss in that bday part.
Chika getting destroyed was fun way to end this.
Apr 18, 2020 1:57 PM
Dec 2016
the episode was very good although the first episode was better
Apr 18, 2020 2:03 PM
Jan 2016
What a masterpiece, this episode, it was great!

Kei is really cute and awesome, that scene with window shopping was cool!

Hayasaka interactions with Kaguya were epic, specially when she suggested to Kaguya to offer her to him, "Your present is me!" so epic!

Council of Kaguyas was also so damn funny, i loved that scene, impossile not to laugh!

I am really glad Kaguya managed to gave him a slice of teh cake and even gave him a present, wonderfull moments, and their reactions after that were so perfect, Hayasaka patting Kaguya's head was cute!

Their fight about Shinomiya's birthday using Chika was awesome, and it was so damn funny, Kaguya almost got defeated, she was so adorable in panic!

One of the best episodes for me, it is each episode turning even better!
Apr 18, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
Not joking when I say this was the funniest anime episode I've ever watched.
Kaguya's VA did an amazing job, a huge contender for VA of the year for me.
Ishigami bullying Fujiwara was gold.
Funny AF to see Bakaguya in action.
5/5
Apr 18, 2020 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
I absolutely hate chika, so i loved this episode :)
Apr 18, 2020 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Not one of my favorite episodes, still good though
Apr 18, 2020 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
Dudi4PoLFr said:
JizzyHitler said:

Well if that was the "weakest" part of the manga we are here for one hell of a ride!
Just wait till a hypothetical season 3 that is probably assured given the series insane success, then we will be getting into some legendary stuff, though for now were at this season and theres some great stuff im hyped to see finally get animated, i just pray for no corona delay.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 18, 2020 2:24 PM

Nov 2016
This series is always a blast.

Shopping segment was a great start for this episode. Can't get enough of the Fujiwara sisters and I hope there will be more of Moeha dropping some twisted fantasies of hers, those go beyond plain sadism.

Then we got the glorius scene where Kei made use of her crazy reflexes which was followed up by the noble sacrifice of her handkerchief to treat the girl and the Umaru-reference xD

Court inside Kaguya's mind was gold as well. And lastly the mindgame-misunderstanding with poor Fujiwara as loser.

Too much win for one episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2020 2:27 PM

Mar 2016
Have we seen Fujiwara's sister before? The way they showed her made it look like she's already made an appearance in a past episode, but I can't seem to recall her.

I liked the final part the most. The desire to confess is done so much to the point that it's boring, but using psychological tactics to make the other confess is kind of fresh, and I love that the most about this anime.

Ishigami destroyed Fujiwara again. I love how he doesn't even realise what he's done.
Apr 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Oct 2018
This was hilarious too, but I personally prefer the first episode 🤔

But that counter attack at the end was amazing, best part in this episode 😆
Apr 18, 2020 2:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A much better episode than last week. Lots of fun this time around. Kaguya really had a time this week, but I'm really glad she took the step and gave the President cake and a gift. It was really sweet.
Apr 18, 2020 2:55 PM

Mar 2019
Pretty fun episode, the chibi Kaguya was amazing, and Chika at the end made me crack up, solid start but imo s1>s2
Apr 18, 2020 3:05 PM

Feb 2019
JizzyHitler said:
Dudi4PoLFr said:

Just wait till a hypothetical season 3 that is probably assured given the series insane success, then we will be getting into some legendary stuff, though for now were at this season and theres some great stuff im hyped to see finally get animated, i just pray for no corona delay.

They've told me S1 was the weakest part of the manga, and now this is still the weakest part of the manga? Holy Shit, what is this masterpiece we'll be getting later?
Apr 18, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
this season's ed is so sweet! i really enjoyed this episode and can't wait to see their next battles <3

Apr 18, 2020 3:21 PM

Oct 2017
Ummm, can we have Bakaguya take over for a few episodes, please? ;P
Apr 18, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
crosswrm said:
JizzyHitler said:

They've told me S1 was the weakest part of the manga, and now this is still the weakest part of the manga? Holy Shit, what is this masterpiece we'll be getting later?

I don't think he meant the content we are getting rn (for this season) is the weakest, imo season 1 chapters are the weakest, this season will cover better chapters and next season will hopefully cover the best set of chapters in the series.
Apr 18, 2020 3:59 PM

Dec 2017
I really dig the synth soundtrack in this show.
Apr 18, 2020 4:01 PM
Oct 2019
wow, this was a very different episode. i thought kaguya celebrating the president's birthday was the cutest thing in the world!
Apr 18, 2020 4:06 PM

Apr 2020
I was really surprised, I thought Kaguya would not give the cake to Shirogane, because she was embarrassed and ... She managed to give the cake
Apr 18, 2020 4:19 PM

Mar 2018
God I hope this doesn't get delayed man. Another fantastic ep. This adaption is godly
Apr 18, 2020 4:24 PM

Feb 2018
FuMomo-kun said:
Have we seen Fujiwara's sister before? The way they showed her made it look like she's already made an appearance in a past episode, but I can't seem to recall her.

Yes, we have. Twice even! When the Fujiwara Sisters were in Hawaii and when Kaguya cancelled the shopping trip which was postponed to this episode.
Primo_ItokoApr 18, 2020 4:31 PM
Apr 18, 2020 4:33 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was great! Kaguya's intention was good but creating a birthday cake not knowing the cake turned out to be a wedding cake is a big risk and also a crime! XD I do not think 2 people are enough to eat that wedding cake ^^;

Chika, how could you slip that out!? You should know all along, right??

Great episode! The fan was a great and simple idea :3 Love it!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 18, 2020 4:46 PM

Mar 2019
That was a great episode with awersome visuals.
Chika's sister is scary lol
So Shinomiya finally celebretaed Shirogane's birthday, he really got her in trouble here lol
Apr 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Sep 2019
Man, I forgot how much fun this series was! Another awesome episode!

This is shaping up to be really, really good so far. It definitely makes Saturday a day to look forward to, that’s for sure.
Currently looking for some witty quote to put here.
Apr 18, 2020 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
I ... I ... I can't even comment anymore, this is just too good to be real like, this show is the most entertaining thing I've seen in my life, video games, movies, musicals, live action series, everything feels so numb and boring in comparison it's outstanding.

I feel more hype when Shirogane throws his lines with confidence and sheer power than any modern shonen boss fight. Ishigami is such a bro he has become even a bro for Kaguya while insulting Chika with no shame, he's god tier bro, and said Kaguya is so smart, cute and scary at the same time she ascended beyond an anime character.

Basically : DOUBLE EYECATCHHHH !!!! / 5
Apr 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
crosswrm said:
JizzyHitler said:

Oh no this season is far from the weakest, if anything on the contrary theres actually some serious highlights that will be covered this season both in individual funny chapters and more, generally we are basically at the good shit even though its gonna keep getting better for a whole now till it inevitably kind of plateaus in quality a long time from now, i was referring to s1 only when i said weakest and that a season 3 will cover the chapters of the series at its peak.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 18, 2020 5:05 PM

Jul 2014
Aoi Koga is just amazing.
Apr 18, 2020 5:08 PM
Dec 2014
episode was great but animations was too tiring.
Apr 18, 2020 5:12 PM
May 2015
The song in the post-birthday scene reminded so much of Blue Monday from New Order, filled the scene so nice!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

372 by Xeehad »»
Aug 29, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

godcanute - May 3, 2020

204 by Xeehad »»
Aug 28, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

671 by _untitled »»
Aug 7, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

258 by _untitled »»
Aug 6, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

246 by _untitled »»
Aug 3, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.