Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 10, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
Now I get why we are stuck with bullshit adaptations for Index.
ssjokgJan 10, 2020 1:16 PM
Jan 10, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
I REALLY hope they won't butcher it like they did with Index 3.
Looks good so far.

Jan 10, 2020 1:11 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
SEVEN YEARS WAITING!
AND WORTH IT!
Great first episode.
Jan 10, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
"Word is the the negotiator we assigned to the first-ranked was discovered gravely injured and clinging to life." LOL

That guy got rekt. Don't piss off Accelerator. xD
Jan 10, 2020 1:42 PM
lucio54 said:
SEVEN YEARS WAITING!
AND WORTH IT!
Great first episode.

Damn straight! 7 years and this shit is still as good as ever. Let's hope JC can keep it up.
Jan 10, 2020 1:55 PM

Jan 2016
It hurts my heart to see this being this beautiful and Index S3 being the way it is, fuck JC

Anyways I'm so glad to finally have Biribiri back! A long with the real debut of Misaki, otherwise we'd have to wait for season 2 at least of Index New Testament.

First episode was phenomenal
Jan 10, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was awesome. Railgun is amazing. The sisters deciding who would get the cake was hilarious. Winter 2020's Fridays are going to be ELECTRIC
Jan 10, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
On the chronological order of Toaru's universe, I think this is the best way imo

Jan 10, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
I am so glad that Railgun is back!! Fripside never fails to amaze me with their songs for Railgun! A perfect fit!

Kuroko: ONEE-SAMA!!
Saten: UIHARU *flips skirt*

Yep, it's back alright!! Dives straight back into their little running gags!

All character gets introduced again pretty much, it didn't feel like much happened besides preparing for the Daihasei Festival. But it's good to see all their faces. Even the Misaka clone(s). Even get a new face introduced, Sogiita Gunha, he seems interesting and a troublemaker XD

Jan 10, 2020 2:15 PM
Jan 2016
Finally after so many years of waiting one of my favourite series gets a new sequel. Loved this episode. So much hype
Jan 10, 2020 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
The 7 year wait between Railgun S and the new Railgun T was really worth it. What a great start! =D

I can't help but act a little fanboy-ish just seeing the lovable cast again, with Kuroko glomping Misaka with her infamous "ONEE-SAMA!!!" as well as Saten's favourite pastime of flipping Uiharu's skirt. I missed this a lot.

No denying that J.C Staff made a dogs dinner out of Index 3 at times, so although this first episode of Railgun T was great, I just hope that JC keeps this production quality throughout the entire run. They managed it no problem with the previous two Railgun seasons, so I don't see why they can't replicate it again.

All I can say is that the Daihasei Festival Arc in the manga was excellent, and in my opinion, is as good as the Sisters arc. If J.C Staff nails this arc, then this season will be epic. ^_^
Jan 10, 2020 2:31 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, they managed not to screw this one up, at least for now. Quite the achievement for JC, seems like Railgun is the priority out of all these To Aru projects.
Jan 10, 2020 2:42 PM
Jan 2016
Finaly, Railgun T is here! And it was a masterful first episode!

I am glad to see once again some familiar faces, i really missed that character, was nice to see Saten doing her usual move to Uiharu xD, and seems Kuroko is still showing how much love she has for Misaka!

Was interesting to see a lot of level 5s and their introduction was cool, seems a new 5s had been introduced, and i really liked him!

Obvious Misaka would show her awesome Railgun while saving Saten and Uiharu!

Was also good to see Misaki and Kongo once again!

Accelarator part was so damn awesome, as always!

Opening have the same vibe as last seaosn Openings, and it really loved it!

Looking forward more episodes!
Jan 10, 2020 3:09 PM
Mar 2015
We all knew that Kuroko was a stalker of Sissy
Jan 10, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 2016
Devil_Slayer said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

I mean, it's Nagai directing it. Actually, JC kinda downgrades his talent but it is what we got.
Both Index and Accelerator's directors are bad, so, ofc this will look better.

The index director is HORRIBLE. IIRC he said in one interview that Index is all about baths and naked girls.

I hope he never touches this franchise again.

And what’s your source about him saying that ?
Jan 10, 2020 3:19 PM

Aug 2011
I was expecting the first episode to be anime original like Railgun S. Surprised to see them jump right into the start of the next manga Arc.

I will echo everyone else I say this was a well done first episode.
Jan 10, 2020 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
Never thought I'd live to see the day where Railgun S3 had started. It's been so damn long.
I was worried for a bit, since Index III was such a mess, but that worry was gone pretty much as soon as the episode started. The pacing is laid-back in that good Railgun way, and not as all over the place as with Index III. I was always way more of a Railgun fan than an Index one tbh and I'm glad to see that JC Staff is doing it justice.

Really looking forward to this! This episode really took me back. Honestly can't believe it's been almost seven years since the second season, but it still feels the same. Kuroko was being her amazing silly self too. Love that she was hiding a photobook of lewd Misaka pictures under her sheets lol.
Jan 10, 2020 3:45 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
maxeraturee said:

Well technically wouldn't it be

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Chronologically, that is.

Nope, the actual chronological was:

1) Railgun
2) Index
3) Railgun S
4) Accelerator
5) Index II
6) Railgun T
7) Index III

Anyone interested in chronologically viewing this series, this is in fact the correct order, you may want to add the miracle of endymion movie right after index 2 though.
Jan 10, 2020 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
Guys, since I still have PTSD after incomprehensible clusterfuck, which was Index 3, I'm not really sure where we were left at.

Can someone tell me how this arc is named and when does it chronologically takes place?

Jan 10, 2020 5:32 PM
Jun 2017
sad index 3 gets the short end of the stick of animation and is my favorite over this since it shows the bigger picture of the plot then railgun. oh well.
Fire Emblem anime when
Jan 10, 2020 5:51 PM

Jun 2019
Finally! Miss this so much and thanks to JC Staff to not ruin my favorite show this season.
Jan 10, 2020 6:01 PM

Nov 2017
Eyyyy, nice to see Mikoto on a TV screen again
Jan 10, 2020 6:25 PM

Aug 2018
So J.C Staff is really bias to Railgun series
Accelerator and Index III animations are nothing compare to Railgun T animation lol
Looks like all their money they put in this series lmao
It's so fucking Immersive i hope its consistent throughout the series of Railgun T.

I miss Misaka so much
Ive been waiting for this great series to come out and now its like a dream now its here lol
So Kuroko is still in hospital in this series xD
Misaki making her appearance cant wait on their rivalry between Misaka
The OP' song and visuals are top notch
Fuck fuck fuck
So hype on Daihasei Festival and on whats to come on this series

Great buildup ep
5/5

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 10, 2020 6:32 PM
Nov 2018
This is AOTS class material if JC Staff keeps up with this episode's standards.
Jan 10, 2020 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
Piromysl said:
Guys, since I still have PTSD after incomprehensible clusterfuck, which was Index 3, I'm not really sure where we were left at.

Can someone tell me how this arc is named and when does it chronologically takes place?

Well this arc is called "Daihasei Festival" arc because it takes place in the daihasei festival time.
Jan 10, 2020 6:47 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Cosmic_Penguin said:
This is AOTS class material if JC Staff keeps up with this episode's standards.

Don't think it is likely given JC Staff has other shows coming up during the second cour, unless they take a break it will drop in quality, but I am hoping they can at least make the first 12 episodes amazing. The first arc if adapted well will be as good as the sisters arc in Railgun S.

Piromysl said:

Watch up to episode 8 of index 2, and the accelerator anime, which will cover just about everything that occurs before season 3 of Railgun. This takes place during the sports festival arc in Index 2.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJan 11, 2020 5:36 AM
Jan 10, 2020 7:12 PM

Nov 2017
i know that JC won't ruined railgun...
Now Loading.....
Jan 10, 2020 7:58 PM

Mar 2014
i still remember years ago when i finished watching railgun s2 and wanting more then learning that it's just a side story of the main which is index, so i got so excited and all hyped up to watch it — only to be completely disappointed lmaooo. this will always be the best of the 3 titles for me (as an anime watcher only)
envy__Jan 10, 2020 8:08 PM
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jan 10, 2020 8:01 PM
Mar 2019
ahhh kuroko ... how ive missed you
Jan 10, 2020 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
Aw shit the best Toaru is back it's been 7 years huh after the bummer that was index and accel being okay i still had faith railgun would be good,episode brought back all the fun memories of the old seasons while bringing to light some of the lesser good ones...mainly regarding certain characters that i will not name but i'd hope everyone at this point is both caught up on index and railgun.

good that i have a understanding on when this is currently taking place just now i get to see much more of a focus on Queen and finally seeing the other level 5
Jan 10, 2020 9:05 PM
Dec 2015
Best animation JC staff
Jan 10, 2020 9:36 PM
Oct 2017
After 7 years Railgun finally has a 3rd season. As a main female protagonist, I love Misaka of who she is as a person.
Jan 10, 2020 9:39 PM
Feb 2017
LOL I honestly can't stop laughing about how this was done by JC Staff. How do they go from making utter trash to making a high quality, visually appealing show. It baffles me.

Yeah even after all this time Railgun is still fun, can't wait for the festival to start. Misaka is cool as ever. OP is once again great.
MegaStrideJan 10, 2020 9:44 PM
Jan 10, 2020 10:49 PM

Sep 2017
Haha look at this, how come it can be so much better than index? The animation, the storyboarding, the pacing and the storytelling. I'm glad that Railgun has got different director. If it keeps up with this level of quality my faith in JC Staff will be restored.
Jan 11, 2020 12:01 AM
Oct 2018
What I hate about JC railgun is their anime original arc which usually pretty bad. Fortunately, T will have no anime original arc and I know how good source material is.

Eps 1 is okay, but I will judge this series further when daihasesai near its climax (since there are best scene on railgun manga on this arc).

Still, index iii source material better than railgun t but anime execution was mess :(
Jan 11, 2020 1:34 AM
Dec 2018
It a pretty good start.

The only thing is, I'm not able to understant the characters excitement for the sport event since it's exatly the type of stuff I would (And I did) just skip in real life.
Yeah, I hate sports.
Jan 11, 2020 2:04 AM

Nov 2016
Which chapter in manga from this episode?
Jan 11, 2020 2:15 AM

Dec 2016
Quite sure JC Staff nailed Railgun again, which got me wonder how they could f up Index. Accelerator just wasn't good enough.

The opening is sick, with fripSide at it again. Animation looks good. Keep it up!
MingMenlyJan 11, 2020 5:32 AM
Jan 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Jun 2019
MingMenly said:
Quite sure JC Staff nailed Railgun again, which got me wonder how they could f up Index and Accelerator.

The opening is sick, with fripSide at it again. Animation looks good. Keep it up!

They fuck up Accelerator? No, they improve it.
Jan 11, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus christ, J.C bias towards the railgun series is fcked up, they treated Index III like shit and the Accel focus one was meh af if it wasnt for the blonde girl with him.
Not that I'm complaining, I love Misaka and Saten but come the fck on! at least put an average level on the magic side (Index) series as well.
The OP song was nice but the visuals arent in sync, I felt no hype besides seeing my boi Touma in that OP song.
Well here's to hoping the quality doesnt decline, seems like there'll be a big battle coming.

P.S I am bitter af cause Index III was horrendous to sit through when I prefer the magic side than the science (railgun) side.
Jan 11, 2020 3:42 AM

Dec 2016
IppouTsuukou said:
MingMenly said:
Quite sure JC Staff nailed Railgun again, which got me wonder how they could f up Index and Accelerator.

They fuck up Accelerator? No, they improve it.

You're right, Accel's anime did improve compared to the manga. However, I still feel like its animation is nowhere even close to Railgun's. Watching Railgun got me really hyped up, however, Accel did not leave too much of an impression.
Jan 11, 2020 3:49 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
MingMenly said:

They fucked up Index 3 yes, but I recommend checking out my review for a good explanation on why they din't actually fuck up Accelerator. To me Accelerator's source material is a 6/10 and was actually improved by the anime even if it had poor production values.
Jan 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Dec 2016
Like I said in my last comment, my choice of word was wrong. Indeed, JC Staff did not mess up Accelerator, they just did not prioritize the anime enough, probably due to the fact that they had to manage too many others in summer 2019.
Jan 11, 2020 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
CHC said:
Haha look at this, how come it can be so much better than index? The animation, the storyboarding, the pacing and the storytelling. I'm glad that Railgun has got different director. If it keeps up with this level of quality my faith in JC Staff will be restored.

Nagai has always been Railgun's director though, so the credit should go to him instead of JC Staff.
Jan 11, 2020 6:36 AM

Nov 2018
maxeraturee said:
jasotaku said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

you don't need to watch Index III or Accelerator to watch Railgun T.

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Choto matte, there is something wrong between raingun T and index II.. That so pause to be index II followed by railgun T because if I remembered it in the index II, the first appeared is a church arc 1 followed by the school festival arc while railgun T is the introduction followed by the half portion of the school festival arc..
Jan 11, 2020 7:06 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
PersiaJuliet23 said:
maxeraturee said:

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Choto matte, there is something wrong between raingun T and index II.. That so pause to be index II followed by railgun T because if I remembered it in the index II, the first appeared is a church arc 1 followed by the school festival arc while railgun T is the introduction followed by the half portion of the school festival arc..

Technically it takes place during the first half of Index 2, but splitting things up episode by episode is a bit over the top.
Jan 11, 2020 7:22 AM

Sep 2017
loli_a_ravioli said:
CHC said:

Nagai has always been Railgun's director though, so the credit should go to him instead of JC Staff.

I meant to say Railgun has got a different director than Index's.
Jan 11, 2020 9:30 AM

Apr 2013
Damn you JC Staff, yes this first episode was enjoyable but how many times will you hint or reference the Railgun SS stories - that peoples want you guys to adapt but you're not adapting - before you'll be satisfied?
Talking about the Russian exhibition, in the previous series, it was reference about that American island, gah.

Stop playing with us and adapt those already :(
Jan 11, 2020 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
Soulmastte said:
jasotaku said:

1- Index
2- Railgun
3- Index II
4- Railgun S
5- Index III
6- Accelerator
7- Railgun T

you don't need to watch Index III or Accelerator to watch Railgun T.

well but they do cite russia, so i think index III will be important

Cite Russia? What you mean?

@Deknijff Honestly, that part of Railgun's fandom, which is obsessed with moe girls and considers Index a more worse show just because it has a male harem MC, was one of the reasons why I was very skeptical about this show for a very long time.
Jan 11, 2020 9:55 AM
Nov 2019

Index I
Railgun
Railgun S
Railgun T
Index II
Accelerator
Index III

Chronologically, that is.[/quote]

Is'nt accelerator happen before index 2? I mean, in the first episode, he steal in the hospital, while in index 2, he's already out.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

12 by waalex11 »»
May 2, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

95 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 29, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.