Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 8, 2019 9:43 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, the "cellphone" they made

is actually a larger version of Military Radio they use with Walkie-talkies.

The radio is mainly used to "receive".

The reason they keep on calling it a cellphone is for the "millennials" that has no idea if the show called it by the actual name... "old Radio Receiver"... it doesn't sound as appealing as a "cellphone"

(instead of going, "we're going to make modern cellphone", it would be "we're going to make old radios"... which one would hype you up more?)

And they can't really use the "phone booth" either, since it's technically using Waves instead of Cables.

What I want to know now is... what they'll use to make Walkie-talkies.

Or will they simply make another Radio... but it's far too large for it to be "portable" and carry around for reconnaissance... (and if found, it can be easily destroyed and it takes a LOT of resources and time to make these Radios...)

___ ___ ___

MetaKite said:
SouthRzVa said:
Gen's musical segment was gold. It caught me so off guard xD

Nice episode though a bit rushed for moments. It was nice to see all the village being productive.

One more episode to go.

P.S.: It really seems they have forgotten about Homura and the fact she's spying them 24/7...
LOL everything you said is what had gone through my mind from things seeming rushed to Homura. Did they forget about her or so confident that whatever she sees and reports won't matter?

They probably forgot about her.

However, even if they didn't, I am pretty sure Homura have no idea what they're building... does that thing look like a cellphone to you? LOL

She'll probably report: "Senku is making some weird device...."
amlgDec 8, 2019 9:49 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 9, 2019 2:57 AM

Jun 2013
I love all the characters, even Magma and the background characters, except for some of the guys on Tsukasa's team. However, Kaseki and Gen both hold a special place in my heart, I just love their tandem.

I'm kind of sad there's only one more episode left but I'm almost 100% sure there will be a second season. There are so many characters that have yet to be introduced. I just reread my favorite arcs in the manga whenever I have time, I do that for most of the series that I'm following.
臭い-
Dec 9, 2019 5:07 AM

Nov 2014
SouthRzVa said:
MetaKite said:
LOL everything you said is what had gone through my mind from things seeming rushed to Homura. Did they forget about her or so confident that whatever she sees and reports won't matter?

Quite sure the director/author actually forgot about her. Mostly similar to Taiju and Yuzuriha's case. They were supposed to help Senkuu while being in enemy lands yet they were barely mentioned during the whole second cour.
both of you are completely wrong and you'll see why in the next episode
Dec 9, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2017

ttcchen said:
SouthRzVa said:

Quite sure the director/author actually forgot about her. Mostly similar to Taiju and Yuzuriha's case. They were supposed to help Senkuu while being in enemy lands yet they were barely mentioned during the whole second cour.

Show her in the last episode? I don't think that's a good idea.
Dec 9, 2019 7:27 AM

Jun 2019
LOL about the part of Gen making 800 batteries.
Seems the battle with Tsukasa's kingdom will be interesting.
Man... i am gonna miss this show if they aren't making second season.
Dec 9, 2019 8:09 AM

Nov 2014
Sr_N said:

ttcchen said:

why not?
Fifteen characters
Dec 9, 2019 8:20 AM

Jul 2013
i love the old man, he's so funny and brolic lol

cellphone achieved! i'm excited for the final (!) episode
Dec 9, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
Sr_N said:

why not?
Fifteen characters

Because it would be the beginning of a new arc, I will not go into detail because this post does not allow, but anyway let's wait and see what they will do.
They are adapting very well so the final scene will be a good choice anyway, no matter what.
Dec 9, 2019 9:35 AM

Apr 2019
Gen's battery making song was pure gold lol.
Dec 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
Sr_N said:
ttcchen said:
why not?
Fifteen characters

Because it would be the beginning of a new arc, I will not go into detail because this post does not allow, but anyway let's wait and see what they will do.
They are adapting very well so the final scene will be a good choice anyway, no matter what.
no it won't. I'm a manga reader too and that final arc you're talking about happens after homura is relevant again. In fact, there's no way the production team isn't gonna add in
in the final episode of the first season, and that happens after homura's
Dec 9, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2017
ttcchen said:
Sr_N said:

no it won't. I'm a manga reader too and that final arc you're talking about happens after homura is relevant again. In fact, there's no way the production team isn't gonna add in
in the final episode of the first season, and that happens after homura's

I know, I just don't go into detail because of other people who aren't manga readers.
But I think they won't show up, let's wait and see.
Dec 9, 2019 2:50 PM
Mar 2015
Cell phone acquired The battle awaits
Dec 10, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
Leo said:
I was surprised to hear the first OP being used in this episode.

That surprised me too and it's what made me realize it was the second to last episode. As soon as they did that, I was like ... oh no, is this the end? It was too perfect of a callback.
A hero will sacrifice the one he loves to save the world. A villain will sacrifice the world for the one he loves. I'll take the villain.
Dec 10, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
Only one ep left :'(

We better get a season 2!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
mwahahahha Gen's song is so LOL!!!! hands down to all Science maker!!! woahh!!! Amazing humans!!

I remember "pen pineapple apple pen" on this song XD
Dec 11, 2019 8:59 PM

Mar 2008
tuanguyen said:
This episode reminded me again that I suck at chemistry. Had to pause to google several times and still coundn't fully understand it lol xD

In post 80 I explained the crystal Senku made since nothing was properly explained for that.
Dec 11, 2019 10:38 PM

Nov 2009
JVskunkape said:

Unless we somehow Trash TsubAssa in one episode...

I am sure we'll get a season 2 sooner or later (since this series is fairly popular)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 12, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was pretty wholesome one, we know that their bonds have already been formed, but this time around, it's even better. Gen singing a random song about zinc though, lol. Looks like the time to finally use the phone they spend so much time on making is about to begin.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 12, 2019 2:20 PM

Jun 2019
It makes learning about science so much fun! Plus I love mecha Senku
Dec 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2012
amlg said:
JVskunkape said:

Unless we somehow Trash TsubAssa in one episode...

I am sure we'll get a season 2 sooner or later (since this series is fairly popular)

Well that's what I originally thought but I had heard different!

I hope that is the case!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 13, 2019 5:04 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, the cellphone is here. In my opinion, Gen is the best character in Dr Stone.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 13, 2019 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
The first opening at the end of the episode kyyyaaaaaaaaaaa

that "ohayou" is Dr Stone for me
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 16, 2019 8:23 PM
Oct 2012
Goddamn it, Suika lifts
Dec 17, 2019 10:46 PM

Mar 2014
Gen's rap was a welcome surprise, lol
Dec 21, 2019 4:49 AM

Dec 2013
It's so awesome seeing Chrome work on something by himself some more.

Mobile phones are getting close to completion!
Dec 23, 2019 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
That's not a phone -- that's a fucking telecommunication center.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 24, 2019 1:34 AM

Mar 2015
They've only gone and done it! Great stuff
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 27, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2015
Seeing the village chief happy about Senku's progress with the village was great - especially with Senku's line about how science projects end up helping people, even when not initially setting out to do so intentionally.

The old man wanting some buddies seemed a bit forced, but it was still sweet nonetheless.

But Gen's Performance ... LMAO! Best part of the episode!!!
observing a woman's body
Jan 12, 2020 12:43 PM

Jun 2017
That song when Gen was building the battery!😂
Also all the high fives Senku gave this episode! So cute :)
Jan 12, 2020 2:05 PM
Feb 2018
Gen's rap was weird lol. The OP 1 playing in this episode for the montage git me screaming and so happy. 1 more episode to go for season 1.
Feb 15, 2020 9:18 PM
Jan 2017
I dont see how what they made is a cellphone, as it looks more like a cell tower. but who knows maybe we'll see these "stone world cell phones"
Either way Next episode is the last one GET EXCITED >:D
Feb 22, 2020 1:11 AM

Mar 2009
Why is this show so fucking good?
And I couldn't stop laughing at that Gen scene.
Mar 12, 2020 6:12 AM
Jul 2019
Really makes you wonder how the hell humans come up with this. It took me this long to realize how smart people are.
Mar 21, 2020 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
I like to see how they are progressing.
Mar 27, 2020 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
I like how Chrome got another shot at a job. He's proven himself quite worthy of the science-user title. A high five from Senkuu motivates everyone!

LOL the manganese scene with Gen! Pretty good episode. Everyone coming together with the opening playing in the background was pretty awesome.
Jun 13, 2020 3:23 AM

Sep 2017
The way they're inventing things will just destroy Earth again by smokes and tree cutting and all
That's kind of dark about this show
خ
Jun 16, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2018
The phone is ready!! Time for the battle!!

Jun 19, 2020 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
You know those "simplified" videos on YouTube? This is just like that. But things are even more simplified. Cause there's no way they can make a cellphone just like that. I mean they did a lot sure but still there's no way. Besides don't they need a computer for that? Like to program shit into the cellphone?
Jun 29, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2018
Gen's made-up Manganese battery song is hilarious!! Did not expect that.
Great episode, and one more last episode to go.
Dec 4, 2020 6:50 PM

Sep 2020
OMG!!!!! THEY DID IT!!!!!!
Great episode!
Gen's montage tho! Lmaoooooooo!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Dec 12, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
After a long and busy winter, Senku and the whole village managed to make a mobile phone. I love that the first OP was used as an insert song to montage the final steps of making the phone, really nice touch.

Also Gen's singing while making the battering was f^-^ing hilarious, never knew he had it in him. The journey has been really nice. It was somewhat rough but it was gotdamn fulfilling. Only one episode left til' the beginning of the true Stone Wars!
Dec 13, 2020 2:53 AM

May 2015
Calling it cellphone is just wrong. xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2020 4:01 AM

Jul 2020
Dororun said:
I love this new version of PPAP!

LOL true I was vibing to his song XD

Jan 18, 2021 5:10 AM

Oct 2016
Lmao, Kohaku basically called her father a boomer. Great episode once again.

Gen singing caught me off guard but I loved it, more singing Gen please.

Also happy that they played Good Morning World again for that very nice montage. One more episode.
Feb 23, 2021 10:52 PM

Jan 2021
DAMN!! That prev intro segment hit right in the feels😭! This ain't an anime anymore, its a life lesson show, them making a phone in stone age reminds us of the fact about how we should be thankful to God for being priveleged enough to be living in an era of technology where everything's at the tip of our hand🙏🤧.

Mar 7, 2021 8:26 PM

May 2016
The manganese battery song was awesome xD
Jul 2, 2021 4:33 AM

Jun 2020
That Kaseki scene was too sweet. Chrome is adorable!!!!!!!!!

Gen’s manganese battery song LOL!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 21, 2021 5:29 AM

Dec 2007
gen song caught me off guard, damn that was funny xDD

this anime can do what other animes working hard for to get, time to score up this anime lol.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.