Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, more background storytelling and flashbacks of the Elite 10. I find it kinda interesting it showed more of Tsukas and Rindou together when they were younger.

No wonder the Elite 10 had great presence in the culinary world. Tsukasa's skills is shown in public and became famous as one should expect.
Dec 6, 2019 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
I haven't seen Isshiki in a loincloth in a while.
Too bad he was able to win against Tsukasa.

A tag team Shokugeki. Now that sounds interesting.

Dec 6, 2019 10:46 AM

Oct 2018
this episode revealed a lot of info. no one should miss it.

through the episode I was only thinking what if Rindo and Eishi had a baby together............. !!!!!!!!!!!
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Dec 6, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2019
This episode somehow gave me vibes of older seasons..
You know what I mean.
Dec 6, 2019 11:03 AM
May 2017
Called ishikki being steam rolled
very interesting to see how azami lowkey brainwashed him to his side by knowing his frustrations which were similar and different to joichiro
I wonder whats truly under Rindos skin
And finally
I laughed so hard that it took them that long to decide who took the main dish
I lowkey knew itd be erina though but i wanted a rematch for yukihira
Dec 6, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2017
Isshiki lost against Tsukasa as expected. Now it's all upto Erina and Souma to win against Tsukasa and Rindou senpai. The final battle has an interesting theme, pretty excited for this.
Dec 6, 2019 11:25 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

As expected Isshiki lost against Tsukasa!

Next will be the final bout, and seems it will be a team shokugueki as pairs, and it all on Souma and Erina's hands to win this!

Some backstory about how Azami kinda brainwashed Tsukasa's brain, and some about Rindou and Tsukasa moments!

Seems Rindou is worried about something, but is hiding it from everyone, i wonder what is happening with her!

Erina and Souma choosing who will do the apretive and main dish, with a rock papper scizor was funny!

I wonder what will be Souma's dish with that pos ending image!
Dec 6, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
that deep dive into Tsukasa and Rindo was nice...but damn can't shake off the heavy slideshow panning lol
Dec 6, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2016
Now I finally know why you love Rindo that much @Fmmatron

So Azami brainwashed Tsukasa Naruhodo Naruhodo... Main dish surprisingly gonna be
done by Erina which was a bit of a shock.
Dec 6, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2018
More background about the first seat and Azami. I wonder what Soma and Erina are going to make to beat the elite ten.
Dec 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Dec 2016
A background about Tsukasa and Rindo... That Azami is creepy as hell! It's like he was stalking Tsukasa the whole time ._."

Erina and Souma were arguing like children ^^; and they still haven't decided who will make Appetizers and who will make the Main Dish that they need to play rock-paper-scissors to make final decisions? What's got into them? XD Worse is that they haven't slept, which worries me...

This battle is going to get serious! Can't wait for next week! ^^
PurpleGirl203Dec 6, 2019 12:47 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 6, 2019 12:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though Isshiki fought well the first seat's skill was just too much. Despite the change in format its nice to see Erina's determination to show her father how much she has changed as a person. Still Erina and Soma's little discussion sure was as fierce as expected. The insight into how Rindou and Tsukasa met as well as how Tsukasa was in the past sure was insightful. Can't wait to see how the final bout turns out though given how high the stakes are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2019 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
lol that was a nice episode, Soma and Nakiri were as always funny together

Poor Tsukasa though, didn't even realize himself that he changed Ringo x Tsukasa when

Kinda hoping Soma would get his rematch against Tsukasa (after all, the whole point of this series was for Soma to beat the best) but oh well, the OP kinda hinted at how it was gonna go
Dec 6, 2019 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
At first I thought that the image of Isshiki in loincloth was just a metaphor to show how Tsukasa defeated him, then it turns out he actually removed his clothes lol. I love Isshiki.

Finally we get some focus on Rindou and Tsukasa this season. So, from what I understood, Rindou only follows Azami because she wants to be with Tsukasa, while Tsukasa himself follows him because he was seduced by his words. Well, it has sense for Rindou, as she never felt malicious to me, and she acted with hostility towards Azami when he fired the previous judges and interfered in the match, something no other from his allies have done so far. Hopefully Erina and Soma will win and will free Tsukasa from Azami's influence so he and Rindou can have a happy ending (that and if he fix his selfish personality).

Short_Circut said:
Rindo x Tsukasa when
I ship it tbh.
Dec 6, 2019 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was so damn boring, to be honest. However, the next one should be interesting. I’m curious.
Dec 6, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2019
Isshiki loses to Tsukasa......SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 6, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
Was hoping for more Isshiki x Nene developement but it wasn't really bad.

Preparing the ground for the great finale then. I kinda like how Eishi relationship with Rinou partly reflect Souma relationship with Erina - with the only one difference Eishi x Rindou has long lost their spark while Erina and Souma are still burning bright.

Can't wait for the moment when Nakiri tastes Erina's food now heavily influenced by Souma, that would be sight to behold. I hope.
Dec 6, 2019 4:01 PM

May 2019
The battle was already decided as soon as they said it would be a true team match.

Tsukasa is a perfectionist and only believes in his own ability, even if his partner is 2nd seat Rindo. They won't be able to meld, while Erina and Soma have the ability to inspire and bounce ideas off of each other through their quarrels, not to mention they're at the same level.

Tsukasa may be timid, but his ego will be his downfall.
Dec 6, 2019 4:03 PM
Mar 2016
Where in the manga can I pick up where this episode left off? I don’t wanna wait 😭
Dec 6, 2019 5:35 PM

Apr 2015
Isshiki and his loincloth, been a hot minute! He lost though as expected.

Now let's hope Souma and Erina can give the judges an overwhelming dish, the sooner Azami is gone the better (I don't see it happening though).

As much as I am hyped up for next week, there's stuff that worries me. I think on both sides that teamwork is gonna be an issue, more so for Rindou and Tsukasa. Erina and Souma have trained hard on that train, so I am sure they will be alright. Rindou sure does seem uneasy....
Dec 6, 2019 6:02 PM
Jun 2017
next weeks episode will surely be an exciting one as it will be the final shokugeki.... ohh i cant wait for this one...
Dec 6, 2019 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
Well, I guess we all knew that Isshiki would lose and the finals would be Souma and Erina vs Rindou and Tsukasa.

I'm interested in how the two teams are gonna work together to make their course meals.

That Tsukasa backstory though, Azami essentially just sweet talked Tsukasa into joining him and his propaganda. Hopefully, Souma and Erina win this final.
Dec 6, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Great shokugeki but as expected Isshiki lost...but it's for a better cause!

Now we have a team Shokugeki!!! I wonder what those 2 will cook.

I still wonder how Rindo's case will end, will she give up? Or change teams?hmmm
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 6, 2019 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
Kxng_Mute said:
Where in the manga can I pick up where this episode left off? I don’t wanna wait 😭

as a manga reader stay with anime or u will end up like the rest of the anime watchers who switched from anime to manga and read it till the end and ended up regretting it
Dec 6, 2019 8:08 PM
Oct 2019
Series Scriptwriter says there will be an anime original scene for the final episode of Season 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6WltxQE9PU

There’s rumors of this season being split up in halves again like season 3 was.

So I’m curious if he’s talking specifically about the last episode of this half or season 4 as a whole. Which would mean it’s after this Team Shokugeki is finished or after the ending of the manga. I think he’s talking about this half since it seems a little early for the scriptwriting of the entire season to be done already but we’ll have to see

Also for anyone wondering/hoping that they wouldn’t adapt the BLUE arc, I did see the staff referencing volumes 31-35 of the manga in the video Crunchyroll uploaded, so it does look like they’ll adapt all of it. Didn’t really doubt it once the 25 eps thing came out though

According to Blu-ray listings, season 4 will have 12 episodes (possibly split cour)

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/food-wars-season-4-part-2-release-date-number-of-episodes-shokugeki-no-soma-shin-no-sara-food-wars-the-fourth-plate-split-cour-anime/

(S4 Final season) will be 25 episodes and split into (2 cores):

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1182849482309783553

1st core: regiment de cuisine arc (12 episodes) currently airing

2nd core: blue arc (13 episodes) final season (maybe next year (spring or Fall)
Dec 6, 2019 9:33 PM
Mar 2016
starchild91 said:
Kxng_Mute said:

as a manga reader stay with anime or u will end up like the rest of the anime watchers who switched from anime to manga and read it till the end and ended up regretting it
ugh. I already looked it up so Ik what happens I’m just curious what happens next.
Dec 6, 2019 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
I sincerely hope they do not adapt the blue arc. Also, Souma's journey was to surpass his father. Taking the top was a stepping stone. Obviously the story will be about his time in school but I still wish we get a good ending that wraps it up nicely. But damn he's only a first year...
Dec 7, 2019 3:30 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
Now I finally know why you love Rindo that much @Fmmatron

It took a bit, but you were finally enlightened.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2019 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
I should've said this before, but after this episode, I ship Tsukasa X Rindo. =D

Isshiki's defeat at the hands of Tsukasa was to be expected, but he still had that smile on his face, so he still had a fun time cooking, which is something he doesn't want to lose whatsoever.

This episode goes into much further detail about Tsukasa and Rindo. The two of them shared a goal of getting the first and second seats in the elite ten respectively and that was to come true soon enough. However, Tsukasa was starting to become more irritated when he was cooking and this was explained further with a chance encounter with Azami in Las Vegas.

Azami's charm offensive worked well on Tsukasa as he visited Azami often in the U.S (plus the fact that Azami drives around in a Ferrari F50 annoys me a bit. I love that car! XD)

Anyway, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how the final team shokugeki round gets animated. Bring on those foodgasms... =3
Dec 7, 2019 7:18 AM
Oct 2019
Kxng_Mute said:
starchild91 said:

ugh. I already looked it up so Ik what happens I’m just curious what happens next.

why r u curious if u already looked it up and knew what happened next ? and also there will an original scene (dramatic) in the final episode this season
Dec 7, 2019 7:24 AM
Oct 2019
Kitoge said:
I sincerely hope they do not adapt the blue arc. Also, Souma's journey was to surpass his father. Taking the top was a stepping stone. Obviously the story will be about his time in school but I still wish we get a good ending that wraps it up nicely. But damn he's only a first year...

me 2 i hope they don't adapt the blue arc but from what i got from rumours like

According to Blu-ray listings, season 4 will have 12 episodes (possibly split cour)

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/anime/food-wars-season-4-part-2-release-date-number-of-episodes-shokugeki-no-soma-shin-no-sara-food-wars-the-fourth-plate-split-cour-anime/

(S4 Final season) will be 25 episodes and split into (2 cores):

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1182849482309783553

1st core: regiment de cuisine arc (maybe 12 episodes) currently airing

2nd core: blue arc (maybe 13 episodes) final season (maybe next year (spring or Fall)

but still there's no official announcement yet by the jc staff about having 25 episodes or split cour

and in the final episode of this season they will add an original scene (dramatic scene)
ithyphallic60Dec 7, 2019 7:28 AM
Dec 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2018
Tbh who tf is main character? Souma or Erina. Now I know why ppl hate food wars
Dec 7, 2019 2:52 PM
Mar 2017
Tsukasa's victory was to be expected, Isshiki can be very ingenious, but when it comes to French cuisine Tsukasa takes the sighs of the ladies and also the compliments.

Now the final battle will be decided between the last two remaining couples: Rindou and Tsukasa VS. Erina and Souma.
If I am very sincere, I see it very difficult for Souma and Erina to win, I do not see it impossible, but their chemistry is terrible, they get along badly and Zenzaemon complicated things more by deciding that one participant will make the starter and the other will make the main course, this makes Souma and Erina discuss like when Souma just entered Totsuki.
I laughed a lot about how Erina ruined Azami's speech by telling him that she is no longer Dad's good girl.

Takumi touched Rindou's sensitive side with the question he asked her, that face she put on and then that childish reaction added to the fact that she runs out of Takumi's view, it may be true that Rindou fears something, but to what?

It was obvious that the clash of personalities between Souma and Erina would be tense and very funny, it is clear that there will be no peaceful agreement.

The flashback of Rindou, Tsukasa and Megishima was interesting, besides Rindou with short hair was too cute, their promise they make to being the first and second seat of the elite ten was fulfilled, but over time Tsukasa was not satisfied with the compliments empty of the guests and that is where Azami makes his appearance and begins to direct who would be his main weapon for the restructuring of Totsuki.

The moment of the final shokugeki arrives and both couples make their entrance, Tsukasa and Rindou look full of confidence and ready for everything, as for Souma and Erina, let's say they have had better entrance, they looked exhausted and irritated for not being able to decide, but after a round of rock, paper or scissors, it is decided that Souma will make the starter plate and Erina the main course, in other words an epic Shokugeki is coming in these next episodes.

I look forward to how this Shokugeki will develop and I want to see how Erina and Souma collaborate with each other to beat Tsukasa and Rindou.
Dec 7, 2019 3:14 PM

Nov 2019
salbery755 said:
Tsukasa's victory was to be expected, Isshiki can be very ingenious, but when it comes to French cuisine Tsukasa takes the sighs of the ladies and also the compliments.

Now the final battle will be decided between the last two remaining couples: Rindou and Tsukasa VS. Erina and Souma.
If I am very sincere, I see it very difficult for Souma and Erina to win, I do not see it impossible, but their chemistry is terrible, they get along badly and Zenzaemon complicated things more by deciding that one participant will make the starter and the other will make the main course, this makes Souma and Erina discuss like when Souma just entered Totsuki.

I laughed a lot about how Erina ruined Azami's speech by telling him that she is no longer Dad's good girl.

Takumi touched Rindou's sensitive side with the question he asked her, that face she put on and then that childish reaction added to the fact that she runs out of Takumi's view, it may be true that Rindou fears something, but to what?

It was obvious that the clash of personalities between Souma and Erina would be tense and very funny, it is clear that there will be no peaceful agreement.

The flashback of Rindou, Tsukasa and Megishima was interesting, besides Rindou with short hair was too cute, their promise they make to being the first and second seat of the elite ten was fulfilled, but over time Tsukasa was not satisfied with the compliments empty of the guests and that is where Azami makes his appearance and begins to direct who would be his main weapon for the restructuring of Totsuki.

The moment of the final shokugeki arrives and both couples make their entrance, Tsukasa and Rindou look full of confidence and ready for everything, as for Souma and Erina, let's say they have had better entrance, they looked exhausted and irritated for not being able to decide, but after a round of rock, paper or scissors, it is decided that Souma will make the starter plate and Erina the main course, in other words an epic Shokugeki is coming in these next episodes.

I look forward to how this Shokugeki will develop and I want to see how Erina and Souma collaborate with each other to beat Tsukasa and Rindou.

Saaaaaame I really enjoyed this episode and I'm looking forward to see what kinda food will be made & also what made you laugh a lot about Erinas speech? I'm curious :)
Dec 7, 2019 3:15 PM

Nov 2019
This week's episode was pretty fun and enjoyable this weird dude with a white streak in his hair is starting to get interesting & I'm looking forward to the different dishes that will be made in next weeks episode :)
I'd give it a 8.5/10
Dec 7, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2019
Rockerlast said:
lmao are you saying people hate the anime because they don't know who the main character is? Also LMAOOOOOO look at our affinities to each other -36.2 ....... wow
Dec 7, 2019 3:38 PM
Mar 2017
Tygenki said:
salbery755 said:

Saaaaaame I really enjoyed this episode and I'm looking forward to see what kinda food will be made & also what made you laugh a lot about Erinas speech? I'm curious :)

She tries to sound like a rebel girl, although she still has that marked Ojou-sama accent, which is very funny to hear, in the manga you only imagined it.
Dec 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2019
salbery755 said:
Tygenki said:

She tries to sound like a rebel girl, although she still has that marked Ojou-sama accent, which is very funny to hear, in the manga you only imagined it.

ahhhhhh icic lmao
Dec 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Feb 2018
Tsukasa win, next shokugeki Souma x Erina.
Dec 7, 2019 7:57 PM
Oct 2019
Rockerlast said:

u will be surprised if they adapt the (blue arc)
Dec 7, 2019 8:20 PM

Feb 2018
In this episode, we've seen how Tsukasa's backstory, how he and Erina's dad met and how much rindou like him. And it looked like Souma and Erina have great chemistry (I lied).

Dec 7, 2019 10:00 PM

Apr 2018
starchild91 said:
Rockerlast said:

yea man but some kid didn't even got my question -___-
Dec 7, 2019 10:46 PM
Oct 2019
Rockerlast said:
starchild91 said:

yea man but some kid didn't even got my question -___-

just leave it for now, trust me the ( blue arc ) was way worst than this arc which currently airing ( regiment de cuisine ) , almost many or if not all manga readers hated it, it reached to the point that the manga readers wants an original arc (from the scratch) or ending at least.
Dec 8, 2019 5:39 AM

May 2015
Ah yes, your good old RPS!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
first seat memories..hmm this is getting somewhere
Dec 8, 2019 9:35 PM
Mar 2015
nice back story for the 1st and 2nd seats By tomorrow they will be toast Father will have to eat his words
Dec 9, 2019 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
The backstory...

Ringo was nice, and it shows how she's actually a nice girl that just wants to support people she cares about

Tsukasa on the other hand... he was a bully since childhood... taking things from others without asking simply because "I felt like it"... he changed a bit for the better after meeting Ringo.

But then he gets corrupted again due to the Dark Side that is Azami.

___ ___ ___

Souma and Erina has great chemistry, too bad if they adopt the next arc... it's all going down the drain...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 9, 2019 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Well the OP spoiled the final bout matchup so it shouldn't have been too much of a shock.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 14, 2019 11:40 AM

Aug 2011
I would have enjoyed it more if Isshiki had won. His character is too underplayed in this series.

But I enjoyed the history if Rindo and Tsukasa; that was a bonus.

Only interested in seeing Rindo vs. Souma in the next challenge.
Dec 14, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
Rockerlast said:

I so agree with you, I could choke.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

170 by MITO134 »»
Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.