Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now they even got Fairy Spears in this show with God-like powers. This series just keeps on giving.

Marlya's search for Veronica made this episode somewhat thrilling I guess.
Dec 1, 2019 9:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Wolfran's fairy really matches his personality. The cult's reach though sure is shockingly long being able to take out the PM that easily. Though bold the suggestion that Marlya suggested does have merit. Since the order already knows of her they will be bound to try again. Her friends determination to protect her while hearwarming showed just how much bonds and friends that her handwork has managed to create for her. The confrontation between Maryla and Ray dawn though sure was interesting and actually more blunt than expected on Ray Dawn's part. Though he realises his crimes he still believes that its for the best interests of mankind huh. Overall a relatively calm ep that served to set the stage up for the final fight with the order. Now with Ver, Ray and Marlya here the stage is set for the final battle against the order.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
After the prime minister's assassination, Ray Dawn wants to be the prime minister.

Dec 1, 2019 9:23 AM

Dec 2017
Oh no, not the plot armored colonel again. Worst character in the whole series.
Dec 1, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2018
ok so Ray Dawn is now the PM, so, is he on the side of the Eins Order or is he his own side?????
Dec 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Feb 2019
It's genuinely angering how lowly rated/talked about this series is now, I remember the first discussion thread had nearly a thousand upvotes and hundreds of comments, now the threads struggle to hit 80 upvotes and 40 comments compared to thousands for Dr. Stone
Episode was absolutely awesome, got lots of Marlya Screenshots out of it. I would have loved for the Wolfran and Marlya fight to have been a bit longer and gone into their idealogical differences, but it's all good.

Finally after 21 episodes, Marlya and Ray talk. He killed everyone purely for power? I have a hard time believing that, something is off. I really wish the series would have started off with an episode like this, a lot more people would be watching it.

Hopefully the manga gives a lot more storywise because I don't think there's anyway this will all be wrapped up in 3 eps and PA aren't known for sequels to their anime original stuff :(
Marlya best girl and needs more love.

EDIT: I ship Ver and Marlya HARD
Marinate1016Dec 1, 2019 12:33 PM
Dec 1, 2019 3:23 PM

Jan 2019
Superns18 said:
It's genuinely angering how lowly rated/talked about this series is now, I remember the first discussion thread had nearly a thousand upvotes and hundreds of comments, now the threads struggle to hit 80 upvotes and 40 comments compared to thousands for Dr. Stone
Episode was absolutely awesome, got lots of Marlya Screenshots out of it. I would have loved for the Wolfran and Marlya fight to have been a bit longer and gone into their idealogical differences, but it's all good.

Finally after 21 episodes, Marlya and Ray talk. He killed everyone purely for power? I have a hard time believing that, something is off. I really wish the series would have started off with an episode like this, a lot more people would be watching it.

Hopefully the manga gives a lot more storywise because I don't think there's anyway this will all be wrapped up in 3 eps and PA aren't known for sequels to their anime original stuff :(

It's low rated/talked because it's boring, the characters aren't interesting or uniques, and they added lore to the fairies a little too late.

Let's not forget that Cour 1 was worst tho, throwing random names all the time and characters talking for minutes.
Dec 1, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
RottenOrange said:
Superns18 said:

It's low rated/talked because it's boring, the characters aren't interesting or uniques, and they added lore to the fairies a little too late.

Let's not forget that Cour 1 was worst tho, throwing random names all the time and characters talking for minutes.

And to add onto this, the series is just throw together without any real sense of direction. There's tons of lore to be explored but nothing is really explored in depth. Like the Black Fairy Tome and all that nonsense was literally just talked about by cryptic characters but it was never truly explained as to why it matters so much. The war that pretty much unified the nation was never really explained as to why it happened in the first place. The number of characters that do seem interesting lack any real depth aside from scenes in which they are the focus before being tossed to the wind via character death or they are only there for plot convenience (Free being the biggest contributor to said issue) plus a lot of content that was highlighted was just dragged out for no reason. This series needed more linearity and focus as to what it was trying to achieve and just build up over the course of at least three cours or maybe even 4 to truly explore its potential. Instead it's just tossed together like salad with its dressing being cool animation and a decent soundtrack. It screws itself over in the end honestly and even with the manga out, only a niche audience will actually care.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 1, 2019 8:08 PM
Mar 2015
The Order is happy that the 3 fairy possessed have all assembled in one plae
Dec 1, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Lay Dawn fairy was kewl...but is that the first time they showed it? or already since S1?
4/5.

Dec 2, 2019 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
I figured Wolfran wouldn't have been able to capture Marlya, Free couldn't have gone that far away enough to not hear them. Liked Marlya finally confronting Ray Dawn.
Dec 2, 2019 3:25 AM

Jul 2017
Wolfran Row has caught onto Marlya's whereabouts, but the insane power of the fairy-possessed, he has no such knowledge about it.

As such, she is considered a liability to the overarching case, but with the Dorothea fairy team, she is determined to go forward.

However, Ray Dawn, upon Prime Minister Golbarn Helwise's assassination, has relinquished the position, and with him, Veronica, which makes the Suna fairy-possessed all gather in the same place, and all the valuable now. No matter the fate of the trio, is yet to be determined, and the Eins Order is fully set on getting them into the heart of the issue AT EVERY CORNER.

As compared to Marlya, Ray Dawn doesn't believe in the voices of fairies than her, the same way that Veronica is wired to. In part of the issue, more than trying to exterminate Ray Dawn, Veronica is trying to have her way, but it's gonna take a lot to convince her to cease her thinking to be in line.

@matias067 I believe it was the FIRST time we've seen Ray Dawn's fairy, it didn't appear in Season 1.

The "decoy" man Axel is back at it again, but scouted by Wolfran himself to be of use to the Colonel once again from Season 1. What's their motive once again...@slavemaster_1991 he's back once again, looks like he's undefeatable...

And PLEASE, love it or hate it, please don't discriminate and learn to accept criticism...for the umpteenth time.
KANLen09Dec 2, 2019 3:38 AM
Dec 2, 2019 9:36 AM

Feb 2014
I'm relieved that Wolfran failed to beat Marlya this time. Their battle was short, thankfully, and it also got Free's attention. so Wolfran bit off more than he could chew.

Ray has now become the acting Prime Minister and he called up Marlya to visit him alone in his office. He then called out his own fairy to test Marlya about hearing the voice of his own fairy and why she should listen to the voices of humans more than the fairies instead. I can't blame Marlya for acting defiant after hearing Ray's opinion about the voice of the fairy.

As for Veronica, Marlya's attempt to persuade Veronica to stop her vengeance mission to kill Ray falls on deaf ears once again. Honestly, I think Veronica is almost beyond saving at this point, unless the plot takes an interesting turn with her in mind.

Back with Wolfran, he got Axel out of prison to requests him to persuade Beevee Liscar, the annoying colonel, to join the Order's side. It looks like Beevee will join up, so here's hoping that Free or anyone else from Dorothea can kill this bastard off for good.
Dec 2, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2019
Superns18 said:
RottenOrange said:

Yet here you are watching 9 episodes of the second season? Lol fuck off. Don't watch it if it's boring, Jesus some people are weird.

There are many series that improve with the passing of the episodes, I'm not the type of people who decide to drop an anime in its third episode.

Although it's like talking to a wall, @DedPanda made a respectful comment with arguments, but you simply whined in response and told him to fuck off. Can you tell me, instead, why this show is good? You say it bothers you that it doesn't reach the thousand upvotes as Dr. Stone, so you should have arguments as to why this anime is as good as the aforementioned one, right?

ps: Ironically, even BNHA is better than this objectively speaking.
Dec 3, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2014
slavemaster_1991 said:
Oh no, not the plot armored colonel again. Worst character in the whole series.

OP plot armor than most MC's XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 3, 2019 1:27 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Damn it, had Marlya pulled the trigger, most of the problems would have been solved right then and there.
Dec 4, 2019 8:24 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thread cleaned from trolling and off-topic posts.
Dec 7, 2019 6:06 PM
Jan 2016
DedPanda said:
RottenOrange said:

And to add onto this, the series is just throw together without any real sense of direction. There's tons of lore to be explored but nothing is really explored in depth. Like the Black Fairy Tome and all that nonsense was literally just talked about by cryptic characters but it was never truly explained as to why it matters so much. The war that pretty much unified the nation was never really explained as to why it happened in the first place. The number of characters that do seem interesting lack any real depth aside from scenes in which they are the focus before being tossed to the wind via character death or they are only there for plot convenience (Free being the biggest contributor to said issue) plus a lot of content that was highlighted was just dragged out for no reason. This series needed more linearity and focus as to what it was trying to achieve and just build up over the course of at least three cours or maybe even 4 to truly explore its potential. Instead it's just tossed together like salad with its dressing being cool animation and a decent soundtrack. It screws itself over in the end honestly and even with the manga out, only a niche audience will actually care.

I 100% agree with this. This show has no meaning or depth to anything in its story, and it's not even visually pleasing or action packed enough to be mindlessly entertaining. It's clear Fairy Gone is supposed to be a story based on complex themes and characters, but nothing in this show is complex or meaningful....half of what the characters say is just rambling that sounds deep but isn't at all. I don't even hate the story, just the shitty writing and direction....these studios need to stop trying to make deep shows if they don't have the writing talent to pull off a deep show. If Fairy Gone had been an action based show it would gave been worlds better than the boring clusterfuck it is now :\
Dec 7, 2019 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
DedPanda said:

I 100% agree with this. This show has no meaning or depth to anything in its story, and it's not even visually pleasing or action packed enough to be mindlessly entertaining. It's clear Fairy Gone is supposed to be a story based on complex themes and characters, but nothing in this show is complex or meaningful....half of what the characters say is just rambling that sounds deep but isn't at all. I don't even hate the story, just the shitty writing and direction....these studios need to stop trying to make deep shows if they don't have the writing talent to pull off a deep show. If Fairy Gone had been an action based show it would gave been worlds better than the boring clusterfuck it is now :\

thank you, someone gets it
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 8, 2019 1:04 AM

Dec 2018
The weak male plans to assault my girl in the middle of the night didn't work out!! Im sure the creep have assaulted other females in the dark before ! But here is the thing little male!! Marlya is not a regular girl,, She in MY lesbian angel!,,YEEES!! And much stronger then you or any other male!!! So now you run away and lick and you wounds and cry yourself to sleep!!! Dont mess with my princess!! She will kick your stupid ass any day of the week!!...YEES!!!

And we have a lot of boring males talking about their stupid war no one cares! Im only here for the lesbians!!But please go to war and kill each other so my girls can have the world for themselves!

Marlya Honey!! You are the best!!! You tell him what you think!! Love to see how strong you are pumpkin!! Never backing down from your goals!! And sweetheart!! Your voice have reach Veronica!! She trying to resist but she even leans towards the door because you where there!! Keep going for her and you will win her back!!

This anime have a lot stupid shit in it. But my Marlya is one of the strongest lesbian female I have ever seen!! All the females in this are very strong and I love to see that!!And the biggest reason why I watched this!! 9/10 Keep it up girls you are the best!!!

Dec 8, 2019 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
DedPanda said:
SenpaiMars-Barz said:

I 100% agree with this. This show has no meaning or depth to anything in its story, and it's not even visually pleasing or action packed enough to be mindlessly entertaining. It's clear Fairy Gone is supposed to be a story based on complex themes and characters, but nothing in this show is complex or meaningful....half of what the characters say is just rambling that sounds deep but isn't at all. I don't even hate the story, just the shitty writing and direction....these studios need to stop trying to make deep shows if they don't have the writing talent to pull off a deep show. If Fairy Gone had been an action based show it would gave been worlds better than the boring clusterfuck it is now :

thank you, someone gets it
btw this anime get more confusing now or that just me and regardless i never watched this 2nd half of this crap bcoz i had dropped the 1st half for 6 episodes and when this anime ends well who knows this anime will end in lost hopes,radiance and liberties and also ur right here P.A Works should not make such shows as this bcoz that is not their forte to begin with and also if Marlya stops her self from killing Ray Dawn this quote will fit on her:

"You are remembered for the rules u break" - Douglas MacArthur

and that means Marlya broke her code of revenge
Prankster_001Dec 8, 2019 5:10 AM
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Dec 8, 2019 9:50 PM

Oct 2017
Marlya's words didn't reach Veronica, I get the feeling one of them is gonna die. I just hope it's not Marlya. Beevee Liscar is here again I hope this time he dies a brutal death.
Dec 21, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2015
this show is good but it doesn't work well for a casual watch. It needs focus
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 21, 2019 9:22 PM

Aug 2017
I completely forgot the plot armored colonel from S1 and now he's back for the final battle. Only Bitter Sweet and her friend just need to join and the cast will be complete.

Only three episodes left

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 16, 2020 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
Marlya couldn't convince Veronica to stop her revenge

Colonel is back, almost forgot about him, well we have three episodes left let's see how they are going to end the story

Feb 16, 2021 6:11 PM
Oct 2019
fingers crossed that whiny bitch girl dies. Not gonna happen, but I can hope

I also hope radon dies by veronica's hands, and that wolfran dies fighting fairy soldier. both of these might actually happen

this colonel guy has a screw loose. all he wants to do is fight? No purpose. Just fight. Hides out in the woods/boonies for weeks/months/years(?) on end. and then shows up for a night to fight before retreating again. no backstory whatsoever? that's just lazy storytelling

Let's get one thing straight though. this magic puppy, while kind of cute, is a total waste of space. they didn't utilize the thing for the entirety of season 1 and 3/4 of season 2. Now they bring him out because it's convenient to the story. STUPID
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
'Fairies are nothing more than human tools' - 'but noo Fairies are more than that' , so it went down that route huh, I don't think anyone was surprised.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2019

67 by baahsu »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

24 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2019

21 by Kap92 »»

Poll: » Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2019

18 by Kap92 »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.