Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 19, 2019 10:16 PM

Dec 2015
I felt like this episode ran for almost an hour due to everything that happened, and I really liked that.

Leave your limits.

Oct 20, 2019 1:08 AM
Feb 2018
aqexpredator said:
Kahei_110 said:
No one's gonna mention that Sun-chan was going to assault/rape Pansy?

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.

Perhaps something is a bit lost in translation here, so to speak. Having watched some anime from olden times, when sudden sexual violence was a bit more common and generally darker themes were too, I think this sort of scene may reflect something that is often present in anime, and perhaps the overall culture's storytelling, that is hard to pin down, but definitely a noticeable subtext. A climactic scene in old anime films often involved the villains making a sexual threat of some sort or another towards a female character, or that otherwise working its way into the plot. Then something (usually) intervenes to save her.

The notion that, something might happen, when a male and female are entirely alone is still sort of a thing in many cultures. In my school days, I learned that, in some countries, it's even part of the penal code that if a male and female are left alone, one can assume, in the legal sense, that they might have had sexual relations together.

Of course, in modern times it's usually not thought of that way anymore in most places. But anime sort of plays around a bit in a story-space where traditional ideas still hold a weird sway. This is actually not so unusual in storytelling across many cultures, as Western sitcoms, for example, were often behind cultural changes, tending to depict a certain template for the nuclear family situation that didn't change much over many years, even as society still did change.

Likewise, anime has a lot of stuff in it that can appear anachronistic if one were expecting more realism.

The average marrying age is finally getting older in Japan, yet in anime, any gal over the ripe old age of 25 is depicted as a humorous "hag" who is super nervous about her prospects. (Yes, there are exceptions, but they only tend to prove the rule by how much they stand out.) And in the age of the Internet, do we really believe that typical boys all need to have girly mags hidden under their beds to this day to get a glimpse of risque photos, like they always seem to in anime? Even if such mags still had more of a market share in Japan than in most places, it wouldn't make sense for it to be such a constant in boys' rooms these days.

In Anime Land, society hasn't changed much in about thirty, or even forty, years. People still grow up in small communities and have a childhood friend who they may just end up marrying later, or at least we get an echo of that idea in the form of the perky childhood friend trope (which appears, albeit satirically, in this very anime). This anime may be partly about subverting such tropes, but it still plays along with them in some ways too.

So, from that point of view, using someone being a bit rapey as way of indicating their lack of character is not so shocking, as it just fits a certain old story trope from an earlier time, and helps work in a female being threatened in the usual way, and the hero saving her, just like old times. Yay!
Oct 20, 2019 4:29 AM

Apr 2018
Lot of shit happened and I forget that were still on ep3 lmao. I wonder how the next episodes would go. Sanshokuin is the WAIFU
Oct 20, 2019 7:04 AM

Nov 2014
Holy shit, the ambiguous double meanings baked into Sun-chan's words the first episode. That's a level of writing you barely see in quite a lot of anime, let alone in an anime in this genre. Let's see if this holds up.

Err... pacing's a little on the fast side though...
BurningSpiritOct 20, 2019 7:15 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 20, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
I figured something of the sort must have been the case. It was a sublime reveal, though.
Oct 20, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
feels like the writers expect us to forgive Sun for trying to rape librarian girl but uuuuh no you can't redeem that
Oct 20, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2016
It was a good episode, pretty funny and interesting. The “fanservice” scene at the end was good xD
Oct 20, 2019 2:47 PM
Aug 2018
Probs the highlight of my year with anime so far, I haven't really been too into much this year but this shit is juicy asf and it keeps getting juicier, I hope they don't drop the ball on me.
Oct 20, 2019 2:48 PM
Aug 2018
NaturalPerm said:
feels like the writers expect us to forgive Sun for trying to rape librarian girl but uuuuh no you can't redeem that

yeah I have to say that was weird asf that they just glossed over that immediately as soon as he came out.
Oct 20, 2019 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
Masochistic trash anime like this is always highly rated in MAL as usual
Oct 20, 2019 8:11 PM
Sep 2011
Metalsludge said:
aqexpredator said:

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.

Perhaps something is a bit lost in translation here, so to speak. Having watched some anime from olden times, when sudden sexual violence was a bit more common and generally darker themes were too, I think this sort of scene may reflect something that is often present in anime, and perhaps the overall culture's storytelling, that is hard to pin down, but definitely a noticeable subtext. A climactic scene in old anime films often involved the villains making a sexual threat of some sort or another towards a female character, or that otherwise working its way into the plot. Then something (usually) intervenes to save her.

The notion that, something might happen, when a male and female are entirely alone is still sort of a thing in many cultures. In my school days, I learned that, in some countries, it's even part of the penal code that if a male and female are left alone, one can assume, in the legal sense, that they might have had sexual relations together.

Of course, in modern times it's usually not thought of that way anymore in most places. But anime sort of plays around a bit in a story-space where traditional ideas still hold a weird sway. This is actually not so unusual in storytelling across many cultures, as Western sitcoms, for example, were often behind cultural changes, tending to depict a certain template for the nuclear family situation that didn't change much over many years, even as society still did change.

Likewise, anime has a lot of stuff in it that can appear anachronistic if one were expecting more realism.

The average marrying age is finally getting older in Japan, yet in anime, any gal over the ripe old age of 25 is depicted as a humorous "hag" who is super nervous about her prospects. (Yes, there are exceptions, but they only tend to prove the rule by how much they stand out.) And in the age of the Internet, do we really believe that typical boys all need to have girly mags hidden under their beds to this day to get a glimpse of risque photos, like they always seem to in anime? Even if such mags still had more of a market share in Japan than in most places, it wouldn't make sense for it to be such a constant in boys' rooms these days.

In Anime Land, society hasn't changed much in about thirty, or even forty, years. People still grow up in small communities and have a childhood friend who they may just end up marrying later, or at least we get an echo of that idea in the form of the perky childhood friend trope (which appears, albeit satirically, in this very anime). This anime may be partly about subverting such tropes, but it still plays along with them in some ways too.

So, from that point of view, using someone being a bit rapey as way of indicating their lack of character is not so shocking, as it just fits a certain old story trope from an earlier time, and helps work in a female being threatened in the usual way, and the hero saving her, just like old times. Yay!

This. I agree with this.
Oct 20, 2019 9:28 PM
Apr 2019
It's was a sad episodes like how his best friend true nature was his best friend hated him
Oct 20, 2019 10:04 PM
Apr 2019
The relationship joro and Panji is like this:

Joro needs a normal girlfriend, not a crazy stalker.
Oct 21, 2019 12:36 AM
Jul 2017
Can Amatsuyu just be a homicidal maniac by killing Taiyo, Cosmos, Himawari, and that librarian student showing up with him strapped like Rambo killing everyone. Especially those three cunts who all like Taiyo instead of him. Kill them in cold blood.
Oct 21, 2019 4:25 AM

Sep 2011
Damn I totally fall in love on this episode. I wish this keeps up but, as other users said, there's also a chance that this might go downhill but I hope I'm wrong.

Oct 21, 2019 5:32 AM

Sep 2013
The plot twists are intense. I like it, Felt kinda bad for Joro. Didn't expect the best friend to be a bastard.
Oct 21, 2019 3:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Outside of that unnecessary rapey line Sun gave during this episode, it was a pretty damn good one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 21, 2019 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
This is the worst anime ever hahaha i'm loving it xD The MC is allergic to benches ahaha
But damn, what a great undercover plan she had to make him reveal the truth.

And that ending, not bad, a kiss at the 3rd episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 21, 2019 9:34 PM

Jun 2019
What I wonder to this episode:
Why Pansy is nearly naked just to reveal her true form?
Even normally people wear some underwear or some shirt behind their uniform school.
At the previous episode we can see Hinawari's and Cosmos's pantsu. Why must showing their pantsu if normally don't need to do that? It's too forcing to me.
Is it gonna be another fanservice anime like hensuki at previous season?

If that true I will rate it for 5. And with that reason, I hate this score gonna be 8.
HitoribotchanOct 21, 2019 9:41 PM
Oct 21, 2019 9:36 PM

Oct 2009
I find that this episode was taken in different color than the manga and probably causes some confusion to people watching this episode. The manga takes a bit darker portrayal of bullying and I think the director understandably left that part out since it is inconsistent with the tones of the arc they're working on. But with the manga you'd know how bad his 'best of friends' did to him, and honestly it makes me upset a bit how the direction of this episode tried to play it as a joke. It is fine that portrayal of bullying is horrible, they shouldn't tone it down like that.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 22, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 2019
Ok so I was wrong, I thought Sun was going to have a crush on Joro, but it turns out he just wanted to beat him in terms of being a love rival.

I really like how this has been set up now. It's taken 3 eps to get to this point, but we now have a backlog of emotional connections between all our MC so it'll be interesting to see how things develop from here on out. I'm betting that when he says "are you the only one who likes/loves me", he's wondering whether there's anyone else who has hidden feelings for him, or whether Cosmos or Himiwari will consequently develop feelings for him after learning the truth about Sun and how he treated them.
Oct 22, 2019 6:28 AM

Oct 2014
Metalsludge said:
aqexpredator said:

Well that makes me wonder why Animeland hasn't Changed really.

I can only think of 2 reasons really.
1 is Japan being Japan, a pretty dam traditionalistic country

and 2nd Being that Social Media Has very Little presence in Anime.
This makes Societies look more older and I wonder why Social Media is hardly used in Fiction.
And I believe that is the case because the writers want the Characters to make as much Personal Contact (not through Chat boxes) as possible and they feel that Social media contact is not personal or hard to personalise/make it look like fun (like they manage to do when it comes to online games where the in-game characters kinda act like real ppl by Emoting and lip movement when they chat like they did in "Make love not Warcraft" from South Park or all the online bits in MMO Junkie).
And ppl love it when things are personal instead over a Chatbox or anything and most Anime Actually encourage us to get up and go out there and talk to your friends IRL (or through a Video game Chat, Phone and etc).
and that idea is actually very traditionalistic.

Sadly the Traditionalist Nature has some issues.
Girls who had a sexual Partner before still kinda get Demonized in Anime for example.

Oct 22, 2019 9:30 AM
May 2019
from the pacing of the anime, i think it will try to cover about three to four arcs from the light novel
Oct 22, 2019 10:01 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Pansy is a real waifu, I like her.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 22, 2019 12:05 PM
Jan 2018
Hahaha Pansy owned sun lol

Also I don't care of it turns into a harem it's pretty obvious that it would considering the two girls where in the library the entire time heard what thier crush said and also heard joro defend them
Oct 22, 2019 5:31 PM

Nov 2017
Honestly, Sumireko comes off to me as more manipulating and abusive than anything that she was shown off as. I really like girls with her 'type', but i feel like knowing her in real life would be absolute hell. Its kinda sad with the new episode that they tried to make her more not manipulative and more like quirky crazy anime girl. Also Himawari is probably one of my favorite character designs for this year's anime.
Oct 22, 2019 5:39 PM

Jul 2015
Wow... WOOOOWWW... This is only the third episode... WERE THREE EPISODES IN AND THE DRAMA HAS PEAKED. I'm tired already, this is gonna be a long series.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 22, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2009
Dogii said:
Also Himawari is probably one of my favorite character designs for this year's anime.

You might want to check out on Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko too.
Got Ryuuko Mifune there that might gave you the same energy, lol.

The Character Designer for this anime (and LN) is Buriki, who also done Haganai and Denpa Onna.
When I first time watching this series I was surprised when seeing Himawari "Whoa, I know this girl!", lol.

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 22, 2019 9:23 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, I thought that Sun and Joro will be really best friends. But man, I wouldn't want to be friends would rape/assault a defenseless woman just because he thinks she's all alone, what a piece of shit.

But, am I glad that everything worked out, I knew it from the very beginning, Sumireko best girl! She's even more gorgeous with her hair down.
Overall a good episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 23, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2018
Love this confession episode. Sun revealing his true nature, and also Pansy revealing her true appearance was great too. The first three episodes of this anime was good, I am expecting for more good episodes.

Oct 24, 2019 3:03 AM

Sep 2009
numerous shots fired...and Pansy just stands in the middle chill asf
Oct 24, 2019 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
Sarashi don't work that well XD. I didn't pay much attention to the ending but had the feeling something was fishy with her appearance. Well not surprised she is in fact quite the beauty.
Well Sun has a far more wrecked personnality than expected. It's normal that some very attentive girls do not want to have a relationship with him. But we can not really blame him for having fallen in love with Pansy, his behavior is the main problem.
Oct 25, 2019 2:41 AM

Feb 2019
That escalated quickly. Also, this episode turned out real good. I almost dropped this series, but it completely exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting Sun-chan to be a dick since I thought he was a cool bro and best friend. I also couldn't think of any way this could be resolved by Sumehiko. But it did and it was something I completely didn't expect. I kinda disliked her at first, but now she's growing on me.

Definitely not dropping this and looking forward to the next one.
Oct 25, 2019 6:41 PM
Mar 2012
Last ep kinda lost me with the weird character breaking formulas. This ep got much better.
Pansy's 5D chess was elaborate. I did expect Himawari & Cosmos to be hiding in the library, but her beating Sun with logic was awesome. But really he deserves a punch and more.
Turns out Joro was slightly 'dense' about certain things in the past too vs Sun. I like the dual personalities of most of em, but everyone has a big garbage side. That personality's still close to worst, but turning into Yukinoshita a big change.
Oct 26, 2019 7:12 PM
Jan 2019
This is like the konosuba of rom-coms
Oct 27, 2019 10:52 PM

Nov 2008

Joro screaming at Taiyou and picking him up off the floor was pretty badass! >:3

Hitoribotchan said:
What I wonder to this episode:
Why Pansy is nearly naked just to reveal her true form?
Even normally people wear some underwear or some shirt behind their uniform school.

Some bras unhook in the front so she could have been wearing that type...I think she revealed herself that way because she's trying to be as seductive as possible...xD she wanted to show off her cup size too; some bras can make bewbs look much bigger than they actually are so she's like "These are real, okay." Lol

Oct 27, 2019 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
Oga acting like a shonen villain. Wasn't expecting that shit.

Couldn't help but laugh at the "here are my giant tiddies, so now you remember me from back then" scene.
Oct 31, 2019 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
I gave it a shot since it didn't have an ecchi tag, I love the comedy so far but I wish they could keep a bit low on the fan-service.
Nov 3, 2019 6:55 AM

Dec 2013
Maou_heika said:
I gave it a shot since it didn't have an ecchi tag, I love the comedy so far but I wish they could keep a bit low on the fan-service.

It's completely unnecessary and it's probably my least favorite part of the show tbh. But I like the MC so I'll still give it a shot.
Nov 11, 2019 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
Found my best grill of the season

Nov 19, 2019 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
I'm enjoying this anime.

Definitely one of the best romcom story this year along with Kaguya-sama.

Pansy and Joro for the win.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 20, 2019 1:15 PM
Jul 2019
Usopp8000 said:
Ok, for a minute there at the end I thought I saw Sakurajima Mai in this anime Lol
"Who knew that when a girl removing her glasses she becomes 10 times Prettier?"
but now THE ANIME.
Really good episode, Sanshokuin is THE WAIFU.

Sun chan deserves of what he did! "The Sin and the Punishment" lol

yeah, i have thought similar. she is not the only character who looks simlar to our oregeiru cast.
Himawari looks like yui.
Pansy looks at the end of this episode like yukino or mai (just with a big chest)(mai looks similar to yokino too).
Joro looks when he uses his real identy sometimes exactly like hachiman.

It´s hilouries how much character designs they have tolen.

but even then, ore o suki is very funny...
Nov 30, 2019 3:10 AM

Feb 2018
Kyaaa.. Milf bigg oppai xD, so cute.
Dec 1, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
Although it was obvious that they were gonna go with the 'but wait she's actually gorgeous' trope, it's kinda disappointing imo. They made the other 2 girls complete shells with no personality so obviously Sumireko is the most likeable. But I feel like with her being exceptionally beautiful with huge boobs on top of that this show lost a lot of potential for actual character development, so I'm probably just gonna drop this.

So many things don't make sense to me. Joro initially hates her because she's ugly, but then it's revealed she's super pretty and he still 'hates' her which makes no sense. Now it's because her personality is bad but she's clearly the only one who's supported him.

Then her being near half naked in the library...I'm just not even gonna touch on that.

Also gorgeous people don't just become so ugly that everyone unanimously agrees that liking them is having 'bad taste' just by wearing glasses and braids but I digress.
ShishiKamiDec 1, 2019 4:34 PM
Dec 27, 2019 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
Drama so forced. Personality so forced.

A bit disappointed when Pansy flash her boobs in front of Joro..? :|
Dec 31, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2018
I love the literary references in this series: "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," "Crime and Punishment," "Obbel and the White Elephant", "I am a Cat," and "The Tortoise and the Hare." Very apropos.

Damn, Pansy's hawt, smart, observant, AND devious.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Jan 7, 2020 4:25 PM
Jul 2019
Frustrating Trash, even the latter episodes from this follow the same cliches while pretending they dont but here is where it really became obvious the twist of the first 2 was just for show, at least once an actual asshole protagonist to fresh things up would be a good breath of fresh air instead of one that ends up stepped on by the first crazie that pops up or thrown around by everybody else in a way or another, an actual end to the cliches instead of one who just acts like its different but upon inspection just flip-flops anyway. This feels like those light novels that have this one big gimmick yet the author is too incompetent to use it and actually escape the cliches, so it gets thrown away early on.
Jan 17, 2020 4:49 AM

Aug 2017
Beautiful glasses girl passes wife test already. I don't know what's even left to do in this show. This was like a final or second to last episode. MC is a typical anime blockhead not knocking her up immediately. Idiot.

May 18, 2020 7:00 AM

Nov 2018
Lots of forced drama.
ZevvenMay 18, 2020 7:12 AM
I hate everyone equally
Sep 6, 2020 12:46 AM

Apr 2014
this ep was to good

this series is so good
"one step at a time"
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

234 by 28012001 »»
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

104 by 28012001 »»
Mar 27, 6:45 AM

» Is Manga better or Light novel for Oresuki?

BhuvanSiesta - Nov 15, 2021

14 by eiko_zade »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

» Could anyone explain the difference between the stories of anime and manga? Is it okay to only watch anime?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 19

3 by Efan »»
Jan 19, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.