Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
Thank god the song wasn't bad! I thought they'd change the narration into lyrics, but they actually made a whole new song! I also love how Mafuyu wasn't playing his guitar very well. Although there were some parts that weren't as good because it felt like the voice actor was trying not to sound too different from Mafuyu.

When this anime first began, I thought the song would be shown in episode 10 or 11.

Maybe it's because I've read this episode's content multiple times in the manga, but I didn't feel the emotional impact that was there in the manga.

I really wanna know what the fight between Mafuyu and Yuki was about.

I love how supportive Hiiragi is when Mafuyu talks about liking a new person. Their conversation scenes are some of the best scenes in the story; so warm and cute.

I wasn't expecting the beach flashback this episode. I feel so sad now!
Sep 5, 2019 8:06 PM
Sep 2019
I liked the episode but I gotta admit, I'm a little lost.

Why did Mafuyu ever ask Yuki something like that? I know they were arguing, but I don't get the context, not even after reading the correlating manga chapters. It seems like a jump to be arguing over music then 'would you die for me' like... what? I also don't understand why Yuki would proceed to kill himself. Did he take it too literally or something? I just can't wrap my head around what led to something as drastic and permanent as suicide.
Sep 5, 2019 8:49 PM
Apr 2016
justlikethat said:
I also don't understand why Yuki would proceed to kill himself. Did he take it too literally or something? I just can't wrap my head around what led to something as drastic and permanent as suicide.

I think it was clear that there were more underlying issues with Yuki's own mental health and their relationship - and those issues were neglected. I think it's a good choice for the author to omit the specific reasons why. We can't understand people completely, and people are inherently irrational and illogical. People can only attempt to talk to try to understand each other and it's exactly because Mafuyu and Yuki never tried to communicate about their issues which caused this tragedy. Mafuyu had no idea that Yuki was probably having very bad mental health issues, and Yuki neglected Mafuyu's feelings when he formed the band in high school.
Sep 5, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2017
i am never getting over this episode....... this is the most breathtaking song? performance? the feelings?? the PAIN???? the way his voice made us feel all of it?????? b ro watching this episode was a whole fucking experience i have no words no words like it was just perfect?? the story this anime is just SO fucking good?????????????????????????????????????? it made my heart scream because of all the emotions and just the beauty of it all. i'm def starting the manga after it finishes airing idgaf
Jizi99Sep 5, 2019 8:59 PM
Sep 5, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2017
Yep, I knew it, a 98% 5/5.

This is what I called a 100% score episode.
This episode reminds me of Kono Oto Tomare ep 5, which all the emotion and song are revealed through wonderful music and flashback.
The only funny part of this type of show is literally every attractive guys in the show are gay XD.
Wish reality is somewhat this nice lolz..

It's quite predictable that Mafuyu would sing because this is anime (no prep is needed), but the flashback and execution is done flawlessly.

Anyway, surprised that Mafuyu actually had numerous sex experience already with his ex boyfriend at Junior High. So Uenoyama is the true virgin here :P
Ventus_SSep 5, 2019 9:04 PM
Sep 5, 2019 8:59 PM

Oct 2017
KisaChan94 said:
I have no words, this episode was perfect and as a manga reader to hear that song for the first time brought tears to my eyes it was just amazing and that kiss was the sugar on the top.

Still Yuki was so sweet when he was with Mafuyu, its so sad what happened to him, but now Mafuyu can move forward a bit at a time and be happy with Ritsuka.

Btw is the manga already ended?
I don't feel like this type of story should drawn out too long. (Because it'd only lead to break off later just to juice up the plot)
Sep 5, 2019 9:10 PM
Feb 2013
Ventus_S said:
KisaChan94 said:
I have no words, this episode was perfect and as a manga reader to hear that song for the first time brought tears to my eyes it was just amazing and that kiss was the sugar on the top.

Still Yuki was so sweet when he was with Mafuyu, its so sad what happened to him, but now Mafuyu can move forward a bit at a time and be happy with Ritsuka.

Btw is the manga already ended?
I don't feel like this type of story should drawn out too long. (Because it'd only lead to break off later just to juice up the plot)

The manga as far as I know is still ongoing, or at least the translations of it are. Currently up to about chapter 22, if you don't count independent translators. We've still yet to get to Haruki and Akihiko /SCREAMS they're so good, I cry.
Sep 5, 2019 9:19 PM

Aug 2019
My kokoro is brokoro.

I cried, ugh ugh ugh. Also that shout after his ‘would you die for me then’, my heart. When he said ‘I miss you’, my heart. When he looked at Uenoyama and his facial expression where he looked like he was gonna burst, my HEART.
winniethewhoSep 5, 2019 9:24 PM
Sep 5, 2019 9:25 PM

Feb 2010
sammyk124 said:
Wow, this is my first time watching BL, and I'm absolutely floored.

To think Mafuyu's song just completely ripped the strings across my chest in such a way that made me cry real tears. Believe me when I say... I FELT Mafuyu's pain. Every ounce of it. I don't care if it's fictional, I don't care if it's a drawing moving, I don't care that it's through a screen. I FELT that hurt.

I could hear it in his voice, I could see it on his face, I could read it in his lyrics and I could understand it in his thoughts. That love Mafuyu had for Yuki, those moments they shared, the words they exchanged, the scent he remembered, the places he'll never forget and the feelings he kept for him, I. FELT. IT. ALL. It was so raw, so real, so vulnerable and extremely relatable. I'm still feeling emotional over how beautiful their love was, but also how it destroyed Mafuyu's heart and mind. The flashbacks were sufficient, Mafuyu's words were heart-breaking and the direction of the scene made a coherent story that inflicted massive damage to my emotions.

I was glued to everything in that scene, I was so into it that I didn't even realize the pain I felt within myself listening to him. It was such a masterpiece, I was left a crying mess. To hear Mafuyu say he can't even cry, and that he just wants to scream to relieve his suffering instantly hooked me into the scene and provoked my emotions. The power in which I could feel Mafuyu's suffering has utterly floored me and convinced me this show has the most REAL depiction of love I've ever seen. The author of this series CLEARLY knows writing and understands love on a higher level than most writers.

That kiss from Uenoyama, it was so well-done and didn't feel wrong or forced or overwhelming or anything, it was so natural and passionate. Their relationship is going to be SUCH a pleasure to watch, I'm already crying on the inside thinking about its beauty. I NEED a moment. Brilliant story-telling, directing, composing and character development this episode. Need to emotionally prepare myself for next week's episode.

Read your response and I completely agree. It was a very emotional episode and scene...the symbolism with the broken guitar strings and Uenoyama understanding it can be fixed honestly was beautifully executed. When Mafuyu's string broke I felt that too and how it seemed hopeless to look back and remember such a painful loss. I can only imagine how anxious, scared and unwilling he was to come in terms with his own feelings and to not only remember the past but put how he feels into words. And when he did and stood up on that stage I thought of how much courage it must have taken him and there he was screaming and conveying everything bottled up inside of him. I read this scene in the manga and it made me emotional, but seeing it animated with the song honestly brought me back and I had to hold back a lot of tears.

I think the ending was very profound and beautiful as well. Mafuyu with Yuki at the ocean...we now know what that scene means to Mafuyu and then Yuki talks about how Mafuyu will forget all the little things that remind him of Yuki. We look back on the past episodes where we know that Mafuyu has not forgotten about him at all even though it's painful to remember. He's always there with him, in the little things he does, in the places he goes. That's how much Yuki meant to him, means to him, and the impact he's made in his life. It is heartbreaking, but beautifully written and even written in a way that shows us that Mafuyu doesn't forget him, but he goes on living, finding the strength to carry on and finding new love...new joys in life.
EarlCielSep 5, 2019 9:30 PM
Sep 5, 2019 9:31 PM

Jan 2013
Yuki has such a sexy voice! I ship yuki and mafuyu really hard, it’s too bad he’s passed away.
The lyrics of mafuyu’s song is very deep. I can feel the pain he’s in.
But I don’t like mafuyu’s singing voice.
The post credit scene was so cute!!! 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2019 9:36 PM

Sep 2010
Teared up during that song man. I felt it in my heart and soul also that kiss its good to see Mafuyu moving on!

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 5, 2019 9:39 PM
Apr 2018
Well, I'm *trying* not to cry... it's working so far. It's like they knew this was gonna make everyone cry, because they put the funny "let's have sex in the bath when we get home" / "yeah, let's not" exchange at the end to lighten it up.

Damn tho. That was amazing. The whole thing was wonderful, start to finish, especially the song. I assume those lyrics were inside Mafuyu and finally came out, rather than 'he made them up on the spot.' Either way, they were raw and real and so damn sad. All the ⭐ out of 10.
Sep 5, 2019 9:46 PM
Aug 2018
FINALLY!! THE EPISODE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS OUUTT!!!
I probably will geeking out a lot about this ep asdfghjkl. It'll be more like comparison between the manga/blcd/anime instead of a review lol.

So I've been reading Given since long, long time ago. And my favorite chapter is actually that bonus one when Mafuyu and Yuuki went out to the beach, that so warm and memorable story of a certain winter. In this episode, it's the epilogue. I've read that chapter several times, and ESPECIALLY the drama cd!! I listen to it too often I literally remember every words they say. LITERALLY. And Yuuki has been my fav character since like forever.
They changed the scene a little ... well probably a few scenes (my fav is when Yuuki blows his nose to the tissue Mafuyu holds, BUT THEY DIDN'T ANIMATE IT THAT WAY ugh).
I like the drama CD better. Yuuki's voice when humming and talking with Mafuyu on the bus is so gentle and loving. Just ... you know, the atmosphere and emotions is so thick yet so light, I feel pierced and warmed up, that scene makes me longing for something faraway and... ahafwfskgs I don't know how to explain it, the point is, lots of feelings attack at the same time. But in the anime, Yuuki don't speak that way. Dissapoint me quite a lot, but since the score was good and mixed well with the scenes, I still like it. Ughghghgg I feel like I still have to say so many things but my mind's super messy rn I'll end the talk about the epilogue here.

To wrap it up, this episode is the one I anticipated the most and it's so good, I cried. I cried when mafuyu sang, I cried when Yuuki is on the screen, I cried at the epilogue, too, indeed. Dude, even I didn't cry watching Anohana. :( (but since I like Yuuki it makes sense to cry)
The song and vocal was intense. The music was totally different from the drama cd version, the lyrics also changed, but it's BETTER. There were glimpses of Mafuyu & Yuuki's past. (in the drama cd, the music stopped and we can hear the voices from the past, AND YUUKI'S VOICE CALLING MAFUYU SOFTLY WHEN THEY'RE HAVING SEX IS MY TOP FAVORITE 1 SECOND IN THE WHOLE DRAMA CDs. I want to hear it but it's muted, only the band and Mafuyu's singing live heard.......... I guess I'm fine with it since the song's so emotional it's killing me.)

What else....ughhhh I DON'T KNOW lol I write too much already anyways, bye.
MitsunoyaSep 5, 2019 10:03 PM
Sep 5, 2019 9:53 PM

Oct 2015
Now that was a beautiful song, I felt it too.

Kinda pissed me off when Akihiko blew that girl off!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 5, 2019 10:05 PM
Aug 2018
It has been about an hour or more since I finished watching today's episode...
And I still am feeling broken.

My heart .... :"(
Sep 5, 2019 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
The song was nice and the kiss was pretty unexpected, not that I am complaining since I prefer it over dragging the story out.
Sep 5, 2019 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
It hurts. Someone hold me.
Sep 5, 2019 10:37 PM

Oct 2018
EarlCiel said:
sammyk124 said:
Wow, this is my first time watching BL, and I'm absolutely floored.

To think Mafuyu's song just completely ripped the strings across my chest in such a way that made me cry real tears. Believe me when I say... I FELT Mafuyu's pain. Every ounce of it. I don't care if it's fictional, I don't care if it's a drawing moving, I don't care that it's through a screen. I FELT that hurt.

I could hear it in his voice, I could see it on his face, I could read it in his lyrics and I could understand it in his thoughts. That love Mafuyu had for Yuki, those moments they shared, the words they exchanged, the scent he remembered, the places he'll never forget and the feelings he kept for him, I. FELT. IT. ALL. It was so raw, so real, so vulnerable and extremely relatable. I'm still feeling emotional over how beautiful their love was, but also how it destroyed Mafuyu's heart and mind. The flashbacks were sufficient, Mafuyu's words were heart-breaking and the direction of the scene made a coherent story that inflicted massive damage to my emotions.

I was glued to everything in that scene, I was so into it that I didn't even realize the pain I felt within myself listening to him. It was such a masterpiece, I was left a crying mess. To hear Mafuyu say he can't even cry, and that he just wants to scream to relieve his suffering instantly hooked me into the scene and provoked my emotions. The power in which I could feel Mafuyu's suffering has utterly floored me and convinced me this show has the most REAL depiction of love I've ever seen. The author of this series CLEARLY knows writing and understands love on a higher level than most writers.

That kiss from Uenoyama, it was so well-done and didn't feel wrong or forced or overwhelming or anything, it was so natural and passionate. Their relationship is going to be SUCH a pleasure to watch, I'm already crying on the inside thinking about its beauty. I NEED a moment. Brilliant story-telling, directing, composing and character development this episode. Need to emotionally prepare myself for next week's episode.

Read your response and I completely agree. It was a very emotional episode and scene...the symbolism with the broken guitar strings and Uenoyama understanding it can be fixed honestly was beautifully executed. When Mafuyu's string broke I felt that too and how it seemed hopeless to look back and remember such a painful loss. I can only imagine how anxious, scared and unwilling he was to come in terms with his own feelings and to not only remember the past but put how he feels into words. And when he did and stood up on that stage I thought of how much courage it must have taken him and there he was screaming and conveying everything bottled up inside of him. I read this scene in the manga and it made me emotional, but seeing it animated with the song honestly brought me back and I had to hold back a lot of tears.

I think the ending was very profound and beautiful as well. Mafuyu with Yuki at the ocean...we now know what that scene means to Mafuyu and then Yuki talks about how Mafuyu will forget all the little things that remind him of Yuki. We look back on the past episodes where we know that Mafuyu has not forgotten about him at all even though it's painful to remember. He's always there with him, in the little things he does, in the places he goes. That's how much Yuki meant to him, means to him, and the impact he's made in his life. It is heartbreaking, but beautifully written and even written in a way that shows us that Mafuyu doesn't forget him, but he goes on living, finding the strength to carry on and finding new love...new joys in life.

I felt everything you just said. That almost screaming that came from Mafuyu like he was crying out for help, like he was begging something or someone to rid him of his pain, like he was drowning in a sea of hurtful memories, like he was yearning for the suffering to end. It was so moving. I couldn't fathom how absolutely real if felt. The way he was singing the lyrics with so much force and we were hearing his inner thoughts, him remembering Yuki's scent, the places they went, the things they did, the words they said, the habits he had and the love they shared. Mafuyu was spilling his heart and I felt it all. Couple this with the flashbacks and the directing and I was entirely swept by emotion. We all know how hard it is to love someone and let them go under common circumstances, you really can't forget them and the little things they did. You can't forget that they liked a certain band or wore a certain scent, you can't forget your favourite places or your silly gimmicks with them. You have to simply allow time to ease the pain of remembering those things, to be able to allow yourself to feel that hurt and let it run its course instead of bottling it up. It's all just so real and invokes emotional distress within the audience and completely moves them, in a good way.

Especially with Mafuyu, Yuki died. I can't begin to understand the pain of that and the fact that he went up there and poured his soul on that stage, after not knowing how to for so long and finally having someone who can replace his strings supporting him, I'm nothing but happy. Such a beautiful interpretation and depiction of love, I am still floored.
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Sep 5, 2019 10:50 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You know, up until this point I thought everyone's baffled reactions to Mafuyu's voice were a bit exaggerated. I didn't think he sounded that good at least. But well that performance definitely changed that notion for me. That was quite impressive
Sep 5, 2019 11:19 PM
May 2014
I just want to say I am bawling right now. As a manga reader I knew what was coming but I didn't know it would hit me that hard.
Sep 5, 2019 11:38 PM

Mar 2008
It's been a while since I finished the episode and I'm still screaming. The song, the feelings, the everything. I also could feel how Haruki felt when Akihiko was thanking him.

Also Akihiko is still a precious cinnamon roll. I love him.
Sep 5, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2017
winniethewho said:
My kokoro is brokoro.

I cried, ugh ugh ugh. Also that shout after his ‘would you die for me then’, my heart. When he said ‘I miss you’, my heart. When he looked at Uenoyama and his facial expression where he looked like he was gonna burst, my HEART.

It's a shame this cute little dog has so little screen-time in the real show XD..
Sep 6, 2019 12:30 AM
Aug 2011
Mafuyu is a good boy. The anime has really highlighted to me just how adorable Mafuyu and Uenoyama are and how their relationship feels more 'in place' than what the source did.
The song and the lyrics were much better than I expected which is great because I wasn't a fan of all the lalala bits in earlier episodes.
Sep 6, 2019 12:55 AM
Sep 2019
I need tissue... A LOT OF TISSUE FOR THIS EPISODE THAT IS FULL OF EMOTION. The lyrics pieced directly right in my heart. Huhuhu
Sep 6, 2019 1:38 AM

Mar 2014
My expectations were really high considering the song and how emotional it should be judging from the manga, and the anime certainly didn't disappoint. Mafuyu's voice was so emotional, and the lyrics were absolutely heartbreaking.
Sep 6, 2019 1:39 AM

Dec 2016
Man, I wasn't expecting this episode to be this good. I came for a bop but ended up with tears instead.

𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.
-𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚗 𝙰𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚊

My Twitter - Anime Plus - MAL Badges - Add Me

Sep 6, 2019 1:43 AM
Sep 2015
Even the guy Ritsuka bump into while rushing to buy guitar string is hot! LOL, I just can't help but mention this anime has no ugly character at all.

Before this episode I'm very skeptical about this performance, when the song play I was like wow their skills are very good, the song has nice composition, and the voice is on point, exceeding my expectation already. But when the flashback scene appear it is an emotional outburst! I didn't expect Mafuyu to lost his virginity already, in previous thread I comment on how it's possible for him to do mutual masturbation or frottage with Yuki, I guess I shouldn't underestimate his experience!

For this episode I'd like to talk about condom use preference. My interpretation is that,
Sep 6, 2019 1:45 AM

Nov 2016
I keep going back to listen to that damn song. Exceeded expectations.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Sep 6, 2019 1:47 AM

Nov 2016
phantomfandom said:
Even the guy Ritsuka bump into while rushing to buy guitar string is hot! LOL, I just can't help but mention this anime has no ugly character at all.

Before this episode I'm very skeptical about this performance, when the song play I was like wow their skills are very good, the song has nice composition, and the voice is on point, exceeding my expectation already. But when the flashback scene appear it is an emotional outburst! I didn't expect Mafuyu to lost his virginity already, in previous thread I comment on how it's possible for him to do mutual masturbation or frottage with Yuki, I guess I shouldn't underestimate his experience!

For this episode I'd like to talk about condom use preference. My interpretation is that,

........wow man, you really thought hard about this..

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Sep 6, 2019 2:07 AM
Sep 2019
This episode gives me the chills and the right amount of drama. Still crying after watchinf the episode twice already.
Sep 6, 2019 2:16 AM

Dec 2018
10/10 episode. Hands down.
Sep 6, 2019 4:25 AM

Aug 2019
This episode floored me. That SONG. I'm always sceptical about music in anime because it's just so hard to include that in a way that in emotionally hits (at least for me). But this episode nailed that, 10/10. Especially because that performance wasn't perfect, it was far from a textbook / studio performance but you could feel that raw emotion trough the screen and I think that was what impressed me most of all.

Also I have to say, I love the way mafuyu's and yuki's relationship is portrayed, especially in that ocean flashback. This anime is generally pretty down to earth in most of its portrayals and this one is a great example for that. Anime tend to be really awkward in portraying relationships in my eyes (tho that may be a cultural thing) but in this case it just feels so natural.
Mafuyu and yuki have known each other for pretty much all of their lifes and with time developed their romantic relationship nearly completely naturally. Seeing mafuyu being so ... sassy feels so different from him in present time but it makes so much sense. This is before that traumatic experience of finding your loved one dead and in the presence of someone he can be completely at ease with. While still hinting that all this natural progression comes with its own set of problems.

I'm just very very in love with this anime and this episode was just amazing on all accounts.
(And sidenote, even though it wasn't that present this episode because of all the emotional stuff: As someone working in tech support I appreciate all the small details given gets right about being in a band and performing at events like that so so much!)
Sep 6, 2019 5:35 AM

Jun 2015
I waited to so long for this episode.. I lreally cried especially when he screamed "AHHH". I could hear and feel the pain from Mafuyu.. The Given anime is such a perfect adaption in my opinion ;_;
Sep 6, 2019 5:42 AM
Nov 2013
Short_Circut said:

he did say that, "Lets have sex in the bathroom when we get back" it could just be case of different translators using different wordings for the manga/anime

In my version it was "Lets have sex in the bathroom at the station as we go back home" - even more kinky and surprising lol. Especially since they're 15 (?) in the flashback.
Sep 6, 2019 5:59 AM

Dec 2013
I went into this anime not even knowing it was a BL and I know that I don’t have much to compare it against, but it’s been so amazing so far. It’s not cringey and things feel normal, if that makes sense.
This episode has been the cherry on top. The song was so beautiful, the flashbacks were well timed... it was just a really good episode overall.
Only two episodes left! :(
Sep 6, 2019 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was really strong, and moving, I needed a moment to take it all in. Things looked bleak when Mafuyu's string broke, and Uenoyama just felt like it was "all over." But thankfully Haruki was there to save the day, he really is their pillar. Akihiko is more in the know than him about what's going on between Mafuyu and Uenoyama, but he was still at a loss of what to do. And I agree with him, Haruki should be more "conceited." He might not even realize it, but he really saved Mafuyu, and Uenoyama here, and also Akihiko when he reached out for him to form the band like he said, I loved this moment.

Well, I did feel a bit bad for Yayoi though. She wasn't only there because she likes Akihiko, she was also there for Uenoyama and she realized something was going on, but she couldn't do anything to help, she was just one more in the crowd, who even left alone in the end, and it was kind of sad. But well, the big moment finally arrived, and Mafuyu finally sang, putting forward the words and feelings that he couldn't before. The song was so perfect and meaningful. It said a lot, just like the moments he remembered while singing, it was charged with emotion. Yuuki was always there, holding his hand and watching over him until he wasn't anymore. But he is still there, he will always be a part of Mafuyu. There's no running away from this pain, from this "loneliness." This moment was so perfect that I can't even. I loved how shocked everyone was when Mafuyu started singing though, bless Take-chan for buying time, and leaving that microphone there. xD

And then it was done, Mafuyu could finally face and convey what he was feeling, and he had Uenoyama to thank for it all, for bringing him this far. And they finally shared their first kiss too, as Uenoyama told him that he did his best out there, and then Mafuyu's tears finally started flowing, he is starting to heal. And we have known about Uenoyama's feelings for a while now, but Mafuyu was a mystery, but he really loves Uenoyama too. And he could even say this to Hiiragi, and asked him to cheer for him. It was yet another beautiful and poignant scene. Yuuki couldn't compose a song for Mafuyu, he couldn't even hear him sing, but he was there, and his "everything" will always be there.

Their date on that freezing beach after the ED was beautiful, and it really hurt too. Yuuki had many of Mafuyu's firsts, but he still wanted to make sure he wouldn't be forgotten. Memories fade with time, but even though Mafuyu might forget details, like the clothes they were wearing or the bus stop where they got off, he will never forget the winter sea he saw with the one he loved, and shared so much. I can't, this is too perfect and beautiful, and sad, and this might become my favorite story about moving on ever. There really are things that only music can convey, and I can't wait to see Uenoyama's gay panic when he realizes that he casually kissed Mafuyu without knowing that his feelings are reciprocated.
Sep 6, 2019 6:30 AM
Oct 2018
That was beautiful. I loved the music, and how his emotions were let out. It was heartwrenching and bittersweet.
Sep 6, 2019 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck it's finally here in animated form with music and voices. I finally watched the episode after coming back from uni and bitch this was so beautiful. It's not like Uenoyama was wrong. It was already time for the live stage and they still don't have the lyrics so his actions were understandable but he still swallowed his pride for Mafuyu. Such a kind soul that we must protect. The song was so powerful and full of emotions. You could see how grief-stricken Mafuyu was over Yuki's death. All the things he couldn't say and all the feelings he has pent up ever since we're all coming out in the song. But what's done is done. There's really nothing he could do about it and now it's time to move on. Mafuyu admitting that he has someone new he likes is the first step towards it. Can't wait for the next episode. My boi Uenoyama is finally gonna get what he deserves.
Sep 6, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2019
Ventus_S said:
winniethewho said:
My kokoro is brokoro.

It's a shame this cute little dog has so little screen-time in the real show XD..

I know right ;; But I'm glad that Kedama appears in the ending because at least it heals all the pain this anime puts me through o)-<

Sep 6, 2019 8:05 AM
Sep 2019
So not very often that anime makes me cry, but somehow this season has a couple of tear breakers. Episode 9 was AMAZING, and the Mafuyu's song was completely beautiful. I actually had low expectations of it since I didn't really liked the moments when he was humming (I thought it wasn't really anything special), but WOW! Total mind-blow. And I have read the manga, so I knew exactly what was coming... I did good by bringing a big roll of toilet paper while watching :'v
Sep 6, 2019 8:28 AM

Sep 2019
More people should watch this show holy shit I can’t stop listening to their song
Sep 6, 2019 8:36 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
winniethewho said:
Ventus_S said:

I know right ;; But I'm glad that Kedama appears in the ending because at least it heals all the pain this anime puts me through o)-<

I love that dog, he's the best part of the ED. I still prefer the piano version of the ED instead of the vocal version.
Sep 6, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2008
This episode hit like a truck. I'm in shambles.
Sep 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
phantomfandom said:

You should write a Dounjinshi for this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 9:21 AM
Sep 2019
Let's show our tremendous support for GIVEN by voting for it. Link provided below.

Kindly vote for Given for:
-Top Anime
-Top Male Characters
-Top couple (RitsukaxMafuyu, AkihikoxHaruki)

https://anitrendz.net/polls
Sep 6, 2019 9:28 AM

Jul 2016
Ok, this is perfect. Beautiful episode, the feels, the music, everything...
Sep 6, 2019 10:18 AM
Apr 2019
That performance was amazing! A complete turnaround from the initial humming.
Sep 6, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2019
I got steamrolled by a feel train... so much happened in such little time. Honestly, when they kissed I almost threw my labtop at the wall and screamed. That's how happy I was for them!
Sep 6, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Man, despite his looks, Yuki really was a sweet guy.
I still don't get the context of the fight with Mafuyu and the "would you die for me?" phrase but I only can guess that Yuki was already suicidal or at least, was going through some kind of depression that the viewer had to notice.

Anyways, it was a great episode overall and although the first part was a bit cliche for my taste, the presentation really made up for it. It was indeed a fantastic performance and Mafuyu's voice actually left me feeling quite moved.
SouthRzVaSep 6, 2019 12:10 PM
Sep 6, 2019 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
I'm dead. The song was beautiful, the post credit scene was funny, Uechi and Mafuyu Kiss was sweet. Is so sad that this is going to end in 2 episodes; T_T

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Given Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tubby - Jul 11, 2019

169 by JacobRules »»
May 1, 9:43 AM

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.