Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Neat episode. We got the Winter season so naturally, there's snow coming. It's cute to see Latina enjoying the season (and seeing snow for the first time!) and once again regain her confidence since the previous episode.

The show continues to build more into Dale and Latina's relationship which I believe is very appealing in this anime. Episode also confirms Latina is a valuable target in the black market so she should be careful when going out alone.
Stark700Aug 1, 2019 9:31 AM
Aug 1, 2019 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. We see Latina enjoying the snow for the first time. We also see her giving Dale a present that she made herself. A very lovely relationship the two have.

Aug 1, 2019 9:44 AM

Mar 2018
Dale needs to buy Sylvester a round of beer lol. Mad respect.
BluciaAug 1, 2019 5:38 PM
Aug 1, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
Aww, i wanted to see Jilvester beat the shit out of those adventurers.
Aug 1, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
Latina almost got kidnapped, she'd better hire someone when she decides to go out on town ! I still have the feeling it will happen...
Aug 1, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2019
I liked the discussion between Jil and Sylvias father. The idea, that Sylvias father could scare all the scoundrels away from the tavern is somehow funny :D
Aug 1, 2019 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
And the show continues to amble along unsubstantially, having seemingly completely forgotten last week's brief and jarring darkness in favour of more of Dale creepily fawning over Latina (or am I just seeing it as creepy because I got spoiled about how this progresses later on?).
Aug 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Latina is cute this week, Dale over the top reactions is hilarious. Jilvester is badass protecting Latina to the goons. Latina first time seeing snow is a happy time for her. Overall its SOL episode, and I liked it.

Aug 1, 2019 11:57 AM

Jun 2017
I thought Latina would ice those scrubs but Jilvester helping works too.
Aug 1, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
Atavistic said:
And the show continues to amble along unsubstantially, having seemingly completely forgotten last week's brief and jarring darkness in favour of more of Dale creepily fawning over Latina (or am I just seeing it as creepy because I got spoiled about how this progresses later on?).
[Assuming that you are talking about Vol4 spoilers] Definitely because you are seeing it in a creepy way. Depending on how you got spoiled and what was revealed to you, you can form prejudice on said matter(the spoiler). The events happened over years and characters' personalities were thoroughly explored before arriving at the point of spoiler. It was not 'a snap of a finger' thing, the readers watched the development happen(although it is quite sudden on Dales end) and I certainly don't see it as creepy unlike most people's opinions (and some peoples opinions are formed based on a 1 sentence spoiler or even a few words).
Aug 1, 2019 12:22 PM

Sep 2017
this week's episode was very cute and sweet except for the almost kidnap part. I'm glad nothing happened :)
Aug 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
I don't like how Dale sees Latina more as a pet than a daughter.

Aug 1, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
Blucia said:
[Assuming that you are talking about Vol4 spoilers] Definitely because you are seeing it in a creepy way. Depending on how you got spoiled and what was revealed to you, you can form prejudice on said matter(the spoiler). The events happened over years and characters' personalities were thoroughly explored before arriving at the point of spoiler. It was not 'a snap of a finger' thing, the readers watched the development happen(although it is quite sudden on Dales end) and I certainly don't see it as creepy unlike most people's opinions (and some peoples opinions are formed based on a 1 sentence spoiler or even a few words).

Besides, Isn't a discussion of anything besides the anime on these threads a "no good"?

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Aug 1, 2019 1:05 PM

Mar 2018
KanameYuuki said:
Blucia said:

Besides, Isn't a discussion of anything besides the anime on these threads a "no good"?

The original comment was on the behavior and actions shown in the anime and plus I didn't reveal anything beyond this ep. But I will limit myself to anime only stuff from now on, thanks for the reminder. (also i said stuff from light novel not manga, jk /s)
Aug 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Blucia said:

The original comment was on the behavior and actions shown in the anime and plus I didn't reveal anything beyond this ep. But I will limit myself to anime only stuff from now on, thanks for the reminder. (also i said stuff from light novel not manga, jk /s)

Oh yeah you didn't do anything bad I meant about @Atavistic bringing that up.
Aug 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Goodness now kidnapping...I dont know if my heart can take a lot if more dangerous things were to happen to Latina.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
Those kidnappers better be glad that the old man and sylvia's father showed up, i have the feeling latina even at her age is alot stronger than she let's on, not to mention what dale would have done if something happened to her.

all in all a good episode, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Aug 1, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
The stranger danger was realm and eminent this episode. Jilverster was about to lay hands on those two punks. I thought it was going to happen the previous night and we we're going to hear from those two ever again. Dale would've slayed them right on sight no questions asked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2019 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
Latina is so cute ;u;

Aug 1, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2016
Leo said:
A very lovely relationship the two have.

Let's talk later xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 1, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
the poor girl keeps getting targetted just because she is a demon girl

that said, i think she is most likely the cutest loli i've seen recently , the adorable faces she makes + her will to make everyone happy is just great, she is one of the easiest choices for my next forum signature <3
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 1, 2019 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
I guess if something would have happened to Latina those 'adventurers' would rather wish to be injailed by the police
Jilvester good char ngl

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, I wanted to see her cast a spell on the bad guys. XD
Aug 1, 2019 6:17 PM

Jan 2017
I was looking forward to this anime but kinda feel the light novel is more interesting and better paced. Wonder if there will be 2 cours.. don't think we'll complete the series at this rate. Apologies if it sounds bad but I'm getting the feeling like this is similar to the slightly disappointing 'My Sister My Writer' quality to it. I'm happy that the novelist's work got an anime but the quality could be better.
Aug 1, 2019 6:38 PM
May 2017
Latina is perfect inside her role but Dale's insufficient maturity is annoying. He needs to grow as a human being. How can Dale be this very important person for Latina the way he is now?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 1, 2019 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
Phraze said:
Latina is so cute ;u;

not as cut as you 0w0
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Aug 1, 2019 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
Will Dale ever act like a proper parent? Because having him acting like an idiot for Latina was fun/cute during just one episode. Honestly, at some point I wish Kenneth was the one who found her since so far, he's the only one who has shown the fatherly attitude I was looking for when I started watching this series.

Anyways, leaving the kidnapping issue aside, this episode was like watching ep. 2 and 3 again. The same formula and although Latina was a cutie as always, seeing Dale acting like an idiot made the episode really boring in the end...
Aug 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
honestly the people who are shittalking dale amazes me :rofl:
like its your own fault for expecting the series to be something it isnt, and wanting to cater to your taste
newsflash

this show IS A LIGHT NOVEL adaptation
>A light novel is a style of Japanese novel primarily targeting middle and high school students.
at best, lets say people in their 18s-early 20s is reading this (which i will go out on a limb and say it is, cause dale is around that age range)

no light novel series has such deep themes or does something as mature as parenting...
they never have and never will done that
light novels have always been about catering to their niche audience and fetish first before such things
dale being the age range of the average reader should have already raisen red flags about the type of series this is

the show has never or will it ever be a parenting series and the show hasnt pretend it ever was
there are some parenting moments yes
but you can replace it with dale being her onii chan and latina being his imouto and it would honestly make 0 difference
its only played off as daugther and father because thats what sell in the industry(why this sells more than brother/sister idfk)

there are many things you can critisicse the series for
crisiting it because you missed the point and expected something different and thus shittalk the mc
is not one of them
Weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but female and not incel: :soyjackwow:
weebs when native isekai series with OP mc but male and incel: :npcangry:
Aug 1, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
I swear Dale's infatuation with Latina is getting worse by the minute...as she grows in maturity.

So snow city huh, fun building snowmans.

Good thing Jilvester was around to protect Latina from outside strangers. Seems that more people are getting to know her, aside from being a devil child who's easily exploitable.

2Dculture said:
I was looking forward to this anime but kinda feel the light novel is more interesting and better paced. Wonder if there will be 2 cours.. don't think we'll complete the series at this rate. Apologies if it sounds bad but I'm getting the feeling like this is similar to the slightly disappointing 'My Sister My Writer' quality to it. I'm happy that the novelist's work got an anime but the quality could be better.

You're not alone in this thought, as appreciative as these mangaka and novelists' works are adapted, it's gonna end up in the staff production team to choose their picks, consult with the creators on content to adapt. So it will eventually result in an incomplete adaptation, just another motivation to pick up said source.
Aug 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Oct 2015
Who hires such a little kid, that guy should be arrested! He has the nerve to say he doesn't let her work at night because she's a kid, damn!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 1, 2019 9:36 PM
Aug 2017
Latina chan gives me 1000x recovery with her smile ! 10/10 episode heartwarming
Aug 1, 2019 10:24 PM
Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
Who hires such a little kid, that guy should be arrested! He has the nerve to say he doesn't let her work at night because she's a kid, damn!

please do /s at the end because I cant tell if its satire
Aug 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Dec 2011
It's good Dale din't know about the kidnap or else he would snap and kill these 2 adventurers.
Aug 2, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2011
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
Phraze said:
Latina is so cute ;u;

not as cut as you 0w0

wow.. ur watching too xD

Aug 2, 2019 4:27 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Dale is a lost cause. Thou thats nthng new , Latina sure worked hard to give Dale that gift. She is such a nice girl. Also another bit of little drama and Sylvia's dad was introduced along with it. Gd to see he is a gd guy.
Aug 2, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2017
Those adventurers got saved by the police, if they would have ended up kidnapping Latina I bet Dale would have gone Liam Neeson on their asses and even on the whole blackmarket too.
Aug 2, 2019 6:01 AM

Feb 2012
Jil-san is the real hero around here.
Aug 2, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2018
I expected some jabs from Jilvester's hand, damn even race trafficking exist on that world. Another episode of weekly loli recharge. I'm just here for Latina and everybody around her, except Dale... meh, why we need him here ? He's just annoying and didn't act like proper father.
Aug 2, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2018
Latina was super cute in this episode...her reaction was pretty much exactly the same as mine when I first saw snow as a little kid.
Aug 2, 2019 5:59 PM

Dec 2014
I am waitng for some seriousness...I hope they adapt it though
Aug 2, 2019 10:34 PM

May 2018
Our Latina deciding to give Dale a handmade gift is cute. Good to see Sylvia's father and how they arrested the two men who attempt to kidnap Latina. In the last scene Dale was so confused, lol.

Aug 3, 2019 8:33 AM
Oct 2016
hmm. at this pace ANime will end before the
Aug 3, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
Remember kids, when baddies from the black market want to sell you off for being an ultra rare devil, go to your local Jilvester for immediate protection.

Jilvester is my fave male character in this series. Dale is the least, for now. Kenneth and the other patrons are way better. The two kidnappers, let's pretend they don't exist.

Jilvester is like her granddaddy who is always there for her when she needs it.
臭い-
Aug 3, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
Jilvester is a good fellow to have around.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 4, 2019 12:59 AM
Jan 2018
Another amazing day where I can see Latina-Chan smile. The only problem is how Dale used a thrusting long sword (Estoc/Tuck to be precise) like a katana. I really hope the industry puts in a little more effort in this. Still a great anime though.
Aug 4, 2019 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
looks like they adapted different from the manga lmao, just how different is the adaptation from the light novel here

Jilvester is the mvp in this ep lol
Aug 4, 2019 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
Oh God! Latina almost got kidnapped!
Good thing Jilvester was there to make sure Latina is safe! Thumbs-up for that old dude!
Also good thing Sylvia's father was there to apprehend those 2 thugs!
I wonder if Latina used that attack spell? and I wonder, what if Latina masters an attack spell? would she be stronger than an adventurer!?
5/5.

Aug 5, 2019 3:24 AM

Apr 2018
Jilvester is such a cool guy. Still curious about Latina's attack magic. Dale's overreactions are so frustrating to watch
Aug 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Jun 2017
Another cute episode, I'm glad that Jil was around. So Sylvia's father is that Police lieutenant huh, very cool.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 6, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
I wanted to see those two punks tortured, castrated and then burned alive. That outta wipe the smiles away.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

44 by thekingofisekai »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

117 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.