Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that's how they managed to take Glass down...about time.

Idk, the episode had a feeling that it did feel like a series' finale. Obviously, I don't think it will be their biggest challenge. It's still a rather huge obstacle they finally overcame. Glass herself was no pushover.

No season 2 announced (for the AT-X version anyway)
Stark700Jun 26, 2019 6:28 AM
Jun 26, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2017
And...it's over. Honestly, I expected something more dark after the first 4 episodes but nevermind. I was scared in some episodes (7-8) but I was surprised by how handled the comedy with the amount of dark stuff behind. Helpful and friendly cast. Some weak episodes in the middle but it's a refreshing air from most generic isekai (Kenja no Mago) or failed attempts (Slime). This is a redemption story. Best isekai since Re: Zero and Konosuba.

Farewell Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo! 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 26, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2018
goodbye poop, I will not miss you 😘
Jun 26, 2019 6:22 AM

Feb 2018
A fierce battle, too bad my favorite character Glass has been defeated
Jun 26, 2019 6:36 AM

Jul 2017
So the ending is a win over the other heroes and Glass?

SWEET GOOD GOD. That's underwhelming.

If this series actually got a Season 2, it would be good to recap once again.

Until then, farewell Naofumi, Rapjtalia, Filo and others. You've been kind to us, but your show ain't gonna mess our hearts longer.
Jun 26, 2019 7:14 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nurguburu said:
And...it's over. Honestly, I expected something more dark after the first 4 episodes but nevermind. I was scared in some episodes (7-8) but I was surprised by how handled the comedy with the amount of dark stuff behind. Helpful and friendly cast. Some weak episodes in the middle but it's a refreshing air from most generic isekai (Kenja no Mago) or failed attempts (Slime). This is a redemption story. Best isekai since Re: Zero and Konosuba.

Farewell Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo! 8/10 for the anime.

Why were you expecting something more darker?
I think the LNs readers here have said that the first arc is the most darkest one (and also one of the best), I know I have told that to people, that it gets more light with time and the most depressive part was the first arc.
And that doesnt change later on, minus some arcs but much further in the LN.
Jun 26, 2019 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
How long was it? Normal episode's length orbit was 1h long as some rumors said?
Edit: okay, I've already checked it myself. Its length was regular, as all previous episodes apart from the first one.
AdnashJun 26, 2019 7:42 AM
Jun 26, 2019 7:29 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
papsoshea said:
A top contender for worst anime of the year. What an underwhelming finale bout with Glass zzzz and gathering the loli waifu baits. 2.5/10

>worst anime of the year
>rated over 8/10

Despite the desperate outpouring of sarcastic negative reviews by bitter sad trolls, this show is doing fine both in ratings and popularity.

Why are you even here? If you dislike it so much, go watch something you actually enjoy. Like Sword Art Online.

/waves

Goodbye Glass. I never really knew you and don't really care that you're gone. please don't return
quercifoliaJun 26, 2019 8:06 AM

Jun 26, 2019 7:35 AM

Jan 2015
finally this overrated trash is over, hopefully no season2
Jun 26, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty good final episode. I enjoyed this series overall even if it does have some issues. I do hope for a second season cause there is a lot of story to tell. I hope we get one despite all the haters out there.

Honestly the worst part about this series is all the annoying trolls that for some reason are still watching this series despite shitting on it every chance they get. Get FAWKED.

8/10 for me.
Jun 26, 2019 8:02 AM

Aug 2013
Decent final episode.

Glass and her group her quite strong though Naofumi and his group were able to handle it.

So Glass and her group are heroes from another world. That's interesting.

Overall, this was a very good show. 8/10.

Jun 26, 2019 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
How have people made reviews and how do the mods get these threads up so fast? Advanced screenings or y'all live in Japan??

Anyway, I don’t recall naofumi hesitating to drain Glass’s SP in the LN.. they changed the reshia situation so much it’s almost a complete rewrite of the story, ffs. They basically crammed the last half of volume 5 and first half of 6 into 10 minutes... and rewrote it on top of that. Now I’m not 10000 percent sure, but I did just finish vol 6 like 3 days ago and I don’t recall them building a fort in that Demi human village... they picked up Raphtalia’s friend and that’s it..

Damn this anime got really generic at the end, still a solid fight to end the season, and I enjoyed it, but man they’ve got some things to improve in season 2. Mainly the pacing. pretty sure they’ll be in Isekai Quartet so that’ll be cool to see. Really recommend reading the LN's if you haven't already, there's so much left out and changed especially down the stretch. Solid 8/10.
Jun 26, 2019 8:06 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
BestBoiEren said:
finally this overrated trash is over, hopefully no season2

again if you hate why are you obsessing so much that you're posting about it within an hour of the airing in the forum?

Jun 26, 2019 8:08 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Superns18 said:
How have people made reviews and how do the mods get these threads up so fast? Advanced screenings or??

Anyway, I don’t recall naofumi hesitating to drain Glass’s SP in the LN.. they changed the reshia situation so much it’s almost a complete rewrite of the story, ffs. They basically crammed the last half of volume 5 and first half of 6 into 10 minutes... and rewrote it on top of that. Now I’m not 10000 percent sure, but I did just finish vol 6 like 3 days ago and I don’t recall them building a fort in that Demi human village... they picked up Raphtalia’s friend and that’s it..

Damn this anime got really generic at the end, still a solid fight to end the season, and I enjoyed it, but man they’ve got some things to improve in season 2. Mainly the pacing. pretty sure they’ll be in Isekai Quartet so that’ll be cool to see. Really recommend reading the LN's if you haven't already, there's so much left out and changed especially down the stretch.

People make reviews without having seen the entire series.

As for the viewing, the episode simulcast 30 minutes ago on CrunchyRoll for premium members. However there is a small delay between that and the Japanese TV airing I believe. The very first posts are probably people who watched raw or who watched on Japanese TV.

Jun 26, 2019 8:08 AM
Jan 2018
The show has many flaws but I still loved it until the end. You guys can hate it all you want but damn that was enjoyable for me.
Jun 26, 2019 8:09 AM
Aug 2018
Fucking loved this show, it wasn't masterfully created or anything but man was it extremely enjoyable.
Jun 26, 2019 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
quercifolia said:
Superns18 said:
How have people made reviews and how do the mods get these threads up so fast? Advanced screenings or??

Damn this anime got really generic at the end, still a solid fight to end the season, and I enjoyed it, but man they’ve got some things to improve in season 2. Mainly the pacing. pretty sure they’ll be in Isekai Quartet so that’ll be cool to see. Really recommend reading the LN's if you haven't already, there's so much left out and changed especially down the stretch.

As for the viewing, the episode simulcast 30 minutes ago on CrunchyRoll for premium members. However there is a small delay between that and the Japanese TV airing I believe. The very first posts are probably people who watched raw or who watched on Japanese TV.

I meant commented in the discussion, like the first comment here is from 2 hours ago, but the crunchyroll premium just finished airing 10 mins ago, lol. So, yea, must be people watching the Raw

People reviewing a series without finishing it is pretty dumb, though.
Jun 26, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
Superns18 said:
quercifolia said:

I meant commented in the discussion, like the first comment here is from 2 hours ago, but the crunchyroll premium just finished airing 10 mins ago, lol. So, yea, must be people watching the Raw

People reviewing a series without finishing it is pretty dumb, though.

I watch the raws of shows I am really looking forward to. I saw the raw for this episode around an hour before Crunchyroll got it out.
Jun 26, 2019 8:17 AM
Apr 2019
One minute they are fighting the wave and then not even a minute later they are fishing. It just feels so jarring and awkward.
Jun 26, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2019
They remember those people used argument that Glass was much more powerful naofumi so this was not another Overpower protagonist? I can summary the arguments of the fans in favor of anime as a lot of lies.

@Nurguburu What do you mean by "failed attempts" perhaps slime pretends to be a serious anime full of dramatic action? It felt closer to a slice of life anime than your usual OP-male-protagonist-featuring, tone that keeps from beginning to end. Very unlike this show that starts pretending to be "dark" when afterwards it's just an involuntary comedy where all those characters are idiots, but supposedly were Nao enemies and they only make the ridiculous by not being able to face a him in any way and be beaten with kicks in the balls.
Jun 26, 2019 8:23 AM
Aug 2018
The worst series i've ever seen. No plot twst, no cliffhanger. Only fanservice and clichè. Worst anime 2019
Jun 26, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2010
I was a fan of the first few chapters of the manga, but the anime was underwhelming as well as rest of the manga.

Are they kissing on the roof? Can someone answer?
Jun 26, 2019 8:26 AM
Jun 2019
Damn my feelings are mixed up in this episode, I want to see Naofumi and Raphtalia married, I feel dissatisfied with the end like that, at least show me 1 of their kiss scenes, so I can get a good night's sleep tonight
Jun 26, 2019 8:31 AM

Oct 2013
Noo, it was the last episode, at least of this Season. :( I hope we will see Season 2 one day. With all its cons, this anime was fun to watch and I must admit I will miss it a little. Sure, it had poor writing and some dull episodes, but it was not that tragic after all.

Glass was defeated. This fight was below my expectations, especially when we are talking about main fight of the final episode. Everything looked better in the previous episode, while this one's fight was quite,disappointing.
I hope to see Glass' return one day. Same goes for L'Arc and Therese.

It was extremely unwise for Naofumi to leave Cal Amira during the experience boost event. They never know when they will need a lot more power, especially when other Heroes and their parties are weak as hell and responsibility for being main character during the Wave attack lies in Shield Hero's hands.

A new member, yay! I had hopes of that green-haired girl go join Naofumi. She did great during the Wave's attack. Good to see Lecia on board. :) Raphtalia had to show already that she was jealous right after Naofumi gave more attention to Lecia by simply welcoming her to his party.

Queen's prize for defeating the pope has been claimed. It was so heartwarming to see Raphtalia's village being rebuilt and all these people willing to help, including those who received help from Naofumi or worked with him in the past. It's so nice theyto volunteered to help.

It was a good finale with happy ending full of joy. Too bad the final battle was rather disappointing.
Jun 26, 2019 8:31 AM

May 2011
This show feels really kinda mediocre overall. As much as I didn't really enjoyed this anime, I always don't understand why some people would hope to rather not have a second season though. I mean, we can always choose to just not watch it and let other fans enjoy them.

I enjoyed both the opening songs though.
Jun 26, 2019 8:34 AM

Feb 2018
That was great and holy shit did they kiss??

Its been a fun watch really enjoyed the show hoping it gets a second season soon
Jun 26, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
This ending was rather sweet I guess and left me with a good feeling. But if you take the whole picture into acccount I'm disappointed over how the whole series turned out.

I still liked this enough to check out, even tho it's rather curiosity.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2019 8:35 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Shield Hero is probably the biggest disappointment I had in a while. It started out as a promising show with a darker tone, so I thought it could end up as one of the better Isekai.

How wrong I was. After the first few episodes, which I liked by the way, it started to become a chore to watch for me. As much as I loved Raphtalia in the beginning, the more I started to get annoyed by her and Filo with all that "Naofumi is the bestest of people, we love him!" in the end. Yes, that's a little exaggerated, but you get the point.

By then, it felt like that typical Isekai show (Isekai isn't necessary a bad thing for me, on a side note)... but worse. I had a hard time watching it with all that "Oh, something bad happened? Must have been Naofumi's work. No, I don't want to talk to him. The Shield Hero is bad, he is so evil" and then Naofumi was like "Yes, you're right, I suck, I don't want to talk to anyone of you either". It felt like it was running in circles for the longest time and that is what made it less enjoyable to watch for me.

Still, the animations were beautiful most of the time apart from some weird 3D monsters. I'm also in love with both openings and the second ending song. Unfortunately, these are the only good things I can say about Shield Hero.

Happy for everyone who enjoyed this anime. Wish I could have liked it as well, but I think I expected too much when so many people praised it beforehand.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 26, 2019 8:36 AM
Apr 2016
quercifolia said:
again if you hate why are you obsessing so much that you're posting about it within an hour of the airing in the forum?

Cause they think they are "elitist". Which in reality, they are just bunch of No Life, whom got nothing to do. So no wonder they keep torturing their selves watching show they don't like.
PipetJun 26, 2019 9:06 AM
Jun 26, 2019 8:37 AM
Dec 2018
Even with all the changes they made in the anime i still enjoy it very much. 8/10. Sad they havent really announce season 2 but im keep hopes up and beleave that theres going to be a s2 in the future. For now i will keep buying and reading the LNs to the end and i recommend that the people who love this series do so too.

Hey theres a high chance that shield hero will be on s2 of isekai quartet that would be awesome.

Has for the crits of the show specialy @SSL443 and @papsoshea even if it sadness me that you count enjoy this series has much has i did, i still want to with you all good health.
Jun 26, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
This adaptation imo was just.... ok. It had good changes compared to the original while others are just terrible/doesn't make any sense at all. The use of CGI was very bad and tons of cutting from the original.
I wouldn't say shield hero is the worse anime out there nor is the best, but it was just ok. Somewhat a little better compared to other isekai shows like kenja no mago, isekai wa smartphone to tomo ni and etc but has too many problems going on.
6.9/10

Welp time to wait for shield hero's brother coming next season/a few weeks from now.
Jun 26, 2019 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:
This ending was rather sweet I guess and left me with a good feeling. But if you take the whole picture into acccount I'm disappointed over how the whole series turned out.

Unfortunately. This finale left me with a good and joyful feeling as well in the last scenes, but it's sad to look at this show as a whole, I mean how it turned to be like and by that how it disappointed many people, including me. This anime had huge potential, but ended up as a fine, but regular, isekai-based show. Though I still like and enjoy the general concept of the world as it was presented in "Shield Hero".
Jun 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
its really sad to see the anime over i enjoyed every bit of it now i can only hope we get a season 2

till then will be starting up the manga
"one step at a time"
Jun 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Nov 2018
The battle between,glass vs naofumi is very good although their lots of skip or dropped scene that did not seen yet... But there result that I give will be 8/10 during fight screen

But there is very confused between naofumi x rapthalia and that's why did not showing the kissing scene... What's that?? Looks like pokemon xy&z ending episode between ash x Serena kissing scene that they did not show it on the viewers... That's not unfair.... We are not children anymore and mostly are adult views only... This will be the most disappointed scene have ever....

But anyways forget that... So I want give the score 8-8.5/10 only
Jun 26, 2019 8:48 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Pretty shitty show, not gonna lie. As shitty as the manga and web novel. Hope this shit never gets a season 2.

3/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
Of course, the only party member that doesn't belongs to Naofumi's party (who happens to be a cute girl) who ends being useful againt the wave ends joining Naofumi at the end... I'm not surprised at all. Thank God it finally ended.

PS: Motoyasu best boy, slave master best girl.
Jun 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Jun 2014
Raphtaliamal said:
Damn my feelings are mixed up in this episode, I want to see Naofumi and Raphtalia married, I feel dissatisfied with the end like that, at least show me 1 of their kiss scenes, so I can get a good night's sleep tonight

I mean, I know how you feel XD But you can think this way, the anime so far has adapted the first 5 volumes, and the light novel in Japan has already published 20 volumes with 21st volume coming soon, of course their relationship is gonna be a....hmmm...a slow burn I guess.

Based on what I read (volume 10 so far), rest assured they will be more romantic moments between the two
Jun 26, 2019 8:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty fine ending, I’ve to say!

Last 4-5 of minutes or so was really nice but the proceedings before that were so-so at best. Glass v Naofumi was ‘okay’ this time around, looks like he’s really grown whereas she’s gotten dull over the period. Pretty tough situation for her to be in I’m sure, those memories of her and the insight of her world looked horrendous! A little surprised L’Arc and his compatriot didn’t step in to finish off Naofumi despite Raphtalia moving away from her post but I guess that’s just how it is. Sound Department did a better job this episode too, it’s been rather luckluster for the most bit but totally delivered this episode! Raphtalia x Naofumi scene there in the end was heart-rending, he finally noticed and yet didn’t actually give a proper reply lol. But I suppose it’s good enough for now. Nice little present for Raphtalia too, that was nice to see, and a new party member! Meanwhile, the heroes remain as useless as ever. Good lord, Itsuki hasn’t learned a thing from Bitch’s earlier accusation. Anyway, back to what I was on about, seeing the two sides of Naofumi there followed by the great ED playing, it was a good way to sign off for sure!

As for the whole season in general, it’s been fairly average (maybe just about average at that too) for me to be painfully honest. Characters were the biggest mishaps of this show for me, far too one-dimensional. Trash was up to no good yet again and getting caught red-handed by his own wife now, jeez. Spear Hero finally seems to understand something but I’m sure it’s just a one time fluke. Itsuki saying, “we’re the only ones who can save around the world now” was just a big highlight of their uselessness and the very repetition of that countless times throughout. I really didn’t like Naofumi until this episode though and his party members were sure nice to keep up with along with the Blacksmith and Fitoria. Story-wise, this show has been fairly average. Animation-wise, it was really good for the most bit with jarring CGI use every now and then.

Over all, a 5/10 from me.
I really tried to like this show but from the very first iffy rape accusation followed by the mishaps one after another, I just couldn’t sadly. I’m not particularly up for a 2nd Season but since this show seemed to be fairly popular, I hope there’ll be one for their sakes.

Edit: 4.25/10, watched bits and pieces along with my brother and it just reminded me of how infuriating some parts of the show really were. Watching an episode a week is definitely the way to go against binging, I reckon (+my brother agrees).
_MushiRock11_Nov 17, 2019 12:48 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2017
I share the curiosity of this show getting a second season. Is it as popular in Japan as it is here in the States? If it is, then a sequel is definitely possible. If it isn't, it probably won't get one.

Edit: I've actually watched the episode now, so let's talk. As usual, I'll start with my normal episode discussion then move to my thoughts on the show.

Maybe she's just afraid of the shield itself Naofumi. It does look kind of scary. That was a pretty cool combo skill. It has nothing against plot armor though. It's important to note that Naofumi needed to use Air Shield to get to the other ship. We'll get back to that later. First introduction to Vassal Weapons. Nice. What will Glass gain from continuing to fight? She is objectively at a significant disadvantage now. It could be argued that she has no chance of winning as long as the Soul Eater shield can be used by Naofumi, she has no chance of winning whatsoever, so she's literally just throwing her life away. I liked the animation quality in that "what am I fighting for" scene. Okay, let's talk about something for a quick second here. Is Raphtalia suddenly like Black Hanekawa in that she can jump incredible distances for no reason at all? Naofumi needed an Air Shield to get to that ship, but Raphtalia can just hop over there? Wat? At least Naofumi using alcohol to intoxicate his enemy was funny enough. Lecia is here now! Itsuki continues to be a dumbass. Kicking out B-tier waifu material is a mistake he will regret. How did the Elhart learn of the reward? That's a good reward, Naofumi. Nice decision. I don't even think Naofumi has an incentive to return to the real world now. Here, at least he has status. Honestly, given his current situation, I'd rather stay with the waifus then return to the normal world. Melty blushing was cute. That's a good flag. Motoyasu telling Bitch off, finally. Wait, what the fuck? Why was the slave trader talking with one of the Queen's ninja people? Does he have connections to the upper nobility?

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari was my first major anime disappointment that I have experienced in real time. I began watching it two or three weeks after it had begun airing, while it was still "good." I was fascinated by its interesting approach to the isekai genre, with the country the hero was supposed to save being turned against him. I was, to be blunt, in love. And then the show made a mistake. And then it made another. And then another. And it kept on going downhill until we get to where we are today. How a show with such a solid premise could throw it all away is astounding to me. The first five episodes carried so much emotional weight to them and will continue to be some of my favorite introductory episodes to an isekai yet. That doesn't excuse the fact that as soon as Filo showed up, the show got worse. And it continued to go downhill. Sure, the other three heroes are fucking idiots, but this show took it way too far in constantly putting them down. It just gets old. The show wasn't entirely bad, with some good moments littered throughout, but ultimately, I find Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari to be a disappointing show that fails to live up to its potential. I heard the source material just keeps getting worse, so they should end it here on a somewhat high note. The ending was conclusive enough, people are generally fine with the quality of the show, just leave it here. I give Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari an extremely low 7/10.

GytanzoJun 26, 2019 10:15 AM
Jun 26, 2019 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
Illyricus said:
Of course, the only party member that doesn't belongs to Naofumi's party (who happens to be a cute girl) who ends being useful againt the wave ends joining Naofumi at the end... I'm not surprised at all. Thank God it finally ended.

PS: Motoyasu best boy, slave master best girl.

I felt pretty sad the way that other three heroes were treated. Of course they were self-righteous jerks who still treat this whole catastrophe as a mere game, and probably need some rude awakening, but downright making them useless, powerless, and sometimes comic reliefs probably aren't the ways to make us root for Naofumi. For example, Motoyashu is clearly a guy who thinks with his lower body than using brain, but I do think mishandling his character is actually hurting the series overall.

Oh well, that is as far as the first season goes. The next arc in the light novel consists a long one that lasts 4 volumes and one following about the aftermath and new encounters, if next season got announced, probably is the way.

In case people are wondering if the other three will get more useful in the next 5 volumes,the answer is...well, don't hold your breath XD
Jun 26, 2019 8:59 AM

Mar 2017
I'm actually gutted that this is over. This is one of my favourite anime in recent years and i am praying that it gets another season. I wanna see more of Naofumi and Co. Plus i also like the new addition to the party so i wanna see more of her.

It's obvious that over the course of the whole season, the other 3 heroes didn't learn a damn thing but fuck 'em cause Naofumi doesn't need them with such strong allies on his side!
Jun 26, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2008
Wasn;'t that bad ppl...dear lord, seen worse than this anime, yes the manga was better, some changes in the anime felt bit offspecially regarding his emotions, and the relantioship between the girls, but overall a 6 for me
loved the two openings :)
The spider is watching
Jun 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Gytanzo said:
I share the curiosity of this show getting a second season. Is it as popular in Japan as it is here in the States? If it is, then a sequel is definitely possible. If it isn't, it probably won't get one.

The volume boost for the original LN and manga adaptation are very VERY good, although BD sales are pretty medicore (I mean they were sold as expensive BD boxes) but I doubt they matter as much as other shows.

In the Japanese forums, and twitter feeds, the show has generated quit a lot reactions, of course we are not talking about AOT and KoY level, but definitely in the high range.

Is that mean we will see a season 2, so far the chances are pretty solid. After all, please do remember the show was heavily funded by Crunchyroll, Bililil (an official Chinese anime streaming site) and other foreign sources, so in this case, I do believe the foreign popularity plays a factor here.

Hopefully this answers your question.
SmilingBeginnerJun 26, 2019 9:35 AM
Jun 26, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2017
SmilingBeginner said:
Gytanzo said:

The volume boost for the original LN and manga adaptation are very VERY good, although BD sales are pretty medicore (I mean they were sold as expensive BD boxes) but I doubt they matter as much as other shows.

In the Japanese forums, and twitter feeds, the show has generated quit a lot reactions, of course we are talking about AOT and KoY level, but definitely in the high range.

Is that mean we will see a season 2, so far the chances are pretty solid. After all, please do remember the show was heavily founded by Crunchyroll, Bililil (an official Chinese anime streaming site) and other foreign sources, so in this case, I do believe the foreign popularity plays a factor here.

Hopefully this answers your question.
That did a pretty good job at answering my question, actually. I didn't realize it had garnered such a response over there. Mind if I ask what KoY stands for? I can't figure it out. AOT obviously is Attack on Titan. I forgot about Crunchyroll's involvement. That's a good point. I didn't know about Bilibili's involvement either. Thanks for the info.
Jun 26, 2019 9:13 AM
Nov 2018
SmilingBeginner said:
I felt pretty sad the way that other three heroes were treated. Of course they were self-righteous jerks who still treat this whole catastrophe as a mere game, and probably need some rude awakening, but downright making them useless, powerless, and sometimes comic reliefs probably aren't the ways to make us root for Naofumi.

It seems to work just fine. He is the main character, they are just few of many NPCs who make his game more difficult. It is "rising of the shield hero", no "three heroes save the world and there is also some Naofumi dude."

There has to be some bad guys in the story. If someone summoned 4 random people in 16-20 years range to another world chances that three of them are useless self centered a-holes are pretty good.

Anyway, if the story was written as you suggested it would be a just a different story and no one knows how it would turn out. What author did clearly worked just fine.
Jun 26, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
One of my favorite animes this season. Really hope it gets a 2nd season.
Jun 26, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
idk what to say, I would make a recommendation to this show with Darling with the Franxx, if the mods wouldn't insta remove it. Both shows start out absolutely amazing but then nose dive into oblivion at the end. Seriously what an anti-climatic ending to that whole fight, only served to get Naofumi another member to add to his harem. The whole demon shield thing was supposed to be great if it actually had any negative impact that wasn't negated by the harem crew simply hugging him every time, hell at the end he didn't even need them he already pretty much controlled it. Also, the heroes are supposed to the OP guys who come to save the world, yet they barely did fuk all the entire series, the goddamn slaves were more useful. Couldn't the kingdom just get them, train them and then gg, hell L'Arc and Theresa couldn't really do much against them. 5/10
Jun 26, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2019
Well, I fucking LOVE this show. I really hope so much we'll get a season 2. I need it.
Jun 26, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2017
2/10. One of the worst animes that i have watched in this first half of the year. The first episode really hyped me but after a couple more down the line it went downhill. Overhyped and full of overused cliches. Not looking forward to season 2 if it ever came out.
iliyanski89Jun 26, 2019 9:28 AM
Jun 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Feb 2015
Good riddance, good bye, and keep it that way.

This is nothing more than a mediocre rage bait isekai dressed up as something original and well done. Absolutely nothing original and filled with cliches. This is more overhyped than SAO was, and doesn't get a fraction of the criticism it deserves.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.