Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 14, 2019 6:45 PM
Jul 2014
That OP change might be my favorite so far. It's either that or Great Days. The Dio one is cool too, but it's also the most simple of the three.

The body swap stuff was hilarious, Mista and Trish especially. With how serious Part 5 is, getting this last bit of humor before things go back to being really tense is a nice change of pace imo.

Having Polnareff back has been great as well, he's my second favorite JoBro. A bit of a shame we don't get more with him before he becomes the infamous Turtlereff, but having him play a role in the story and having that role make sense with how it expands upon JoJo's worldbuilding is a welcome addition to this part.
Jun 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2016
Kaizenzen said:
Nothing special. Messy pace. Last episode is very tense, but right now it is slow as f***.

Btw, stabed with arrow doesn't guarantee the skill will usefull to fight diavolo like Silver Chariot Requiem skill to swap soul. The Requiem skill always there, not triggered by who is the enemy. So, it is a bit of luck to get requeim skill that can kill diavolo.

WorldoverHeaven said:

i know what araki forgot thing is i just wanted him to show some examples because people trow those words left and right i also made a thread for part 5 explaining what
asspull and deus ex means

- Inconsistent Giorno Skill: - attack back when his creation attacked, - give more life to human that punched by GE, - GE can make human part to heal the wound, - he even can make organ thansform it into brooch and revert it back without hand, - he can make his brooch as gps point so he can track its position, - his creation can find way to kill the enemy's user via remote, - can revert GE back to initial form, - can control when the life form will grow if he punched the thing , - can sense life around by touching thing (isn't that deus ex)
- Bucciarati sudenly can run through underground with sticky finger
- Bucciarati is undead because giorno give life to bucciarati, with this advantage he can fight Cioccolata and Secco because he is s in dead state.
- Now Bucciarati swap with boss soul. Is dead state mean Bucciarati still have soul but different with living one????
- Many last fight before show inconsistency but i forgot.

Most of Giorno's "changes" of his stand's abilities were thanks to the battles he endured (like Baby Face for example) and certain abilities like "stimulating their senses" aren't shown anymore due to it being not only time consuming, but would get really repetitive.

His powers aren't inconsistent at all if you really think about it, Stands can evolve within time, like in the case of Echoes through his Acts or Rohan's Heaven's Door. Although I do agree that sometimes Araki loves to make a power for a stand that is underused or never shown again (Like GE's counter attack)

Edit: Is not like Bucciarati can "suddenly run underground with sticky fingers" Pretty sure he's able to move freely among the spaces he create with Sticky Fingers
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 14, 2019 7:27 PM
Apr 2019
holy shit that OP.
Can't wait for Giorno's answer to his italian rap battle with Diavolo!
Something like :
"You'll never reach the truth"
"There will be no end, you won't find it"
"This is a traitor's triumph"
Jun 14, 2019 8:12 PM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
The style of the opening song got me hyped for this episode.

Mind swapping made this episode pretty entertaining. Just the whole idea of that power itself gave this episode some funny dialogues. (looking at you Trish/Mista) I'm expecting this ride to get even more bizarre in these final few episodes. Exciting times.
WOW, are you ok stark? usually you are the first one to comment in every anime, very awesome episode btw although a little slow on the action, and I loved the changed OP.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 14, 2019 8:19 PM
May 2019
HereticHunter said:
Kaizenzen said:
Nothing special. Messy pace. Last episode is very tense, but right now it is slow as f***.

Btw, stabed with arrow doesn't guarantee the skill will usefull to fight diavolo like Silver Chariot Requiem skill to swap soul. The Requiem skill always there, not triggered by who is the enemy. So, it is a bit of luck to get requeim skill that can kill diavolo.

- Inconsistent Giorno Skill: - attack back when his creation attacked, - give more life to human that punched by GE, - GE can make human part to heal the wound, - he even can make organ thansform it into brooch and revert it back without hand, - he can make his brooch as gps point so he can track its position, - his creation can find way to kill the enemy's user via remote, - can revert GE back to initial form, - can control when the life form will grow if he punched the thing , - can sense life around by touching thing (isn't that deus ex)
- Bucciarati is undead because giorno give life to bucciarati, with this advantage he can fight Cioccolata and Secco because he is s in dead state.
- Now Bucciarati swap with boss soul. Is dead state mean Bucciarati still have soul but different with living one????

Most of Giorno's "changes" of his stand's abilities were thanks to the battles he endured (like Baby Face for example) and certain abilities like "stimulating their senses" aren't shown anymore due to it being not only time consuming, but would get really repetitive.

His powers aren't inconsistent at all if you really think about it, Stands can evolve within time, like in the case of Echoes through his Acts or Rohan's w
Heaven's Door. Although I do agree that sometimes Araki loves to make a power for a stand that is underused or never shown again (Like GE's counter attack)

Edit: Is not like Bucciarati can "suddenly run underground with sticky fingers" Pretty sure he's able to move freely among the spaces he create with Sticky Fingers

Good skill is well defined skill. "Give life" skill can be anything, limited by our imagination. I imagine Giorno can fly, make wing by GE, then he makes bird to kill enemy from far. Imagine he makes birds that act as radar to make sure there is no gang follow giorno gang. Also, we know if giorno use bullet, he is pretty invicible, he can transform it to lifeform, disguise as tree, then transform it back to bullet and still maintain the powerfull projectile to hurt enemies.

And so now Bucciarati can make space? It easier for him to hide in his space then close the door from outside. I think sticky finger skill is make opening from solid thing without alternate its physical feature. Much more like very short worm hole.

I just answer the question. If you think part 5 has minimal inconsistency, i just bring up my perspective. That's it.
KaizenzenJun 14, 2019 8:26 PM
Jun 14, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2009
Horri shiiit! That OP, DP you absolute madlads!! <333
Jun 14, 2019 8:36 PM

Jul 2017
Okay, so I had this mini heart attack and somehow cut my lower lip while writhing about during the new opening sequence. That's it. My life belongs to JoJo. I only exist to pay cult to JoJo and nothing else. It is the sole reason of my life at this point.

Voice actors did the greatest job I've ever seen in Japanese animation, probably. You can tell which character is really speaking, even with their CVs swapped around. They're all just that good.

A view to kill for.
あなたは誰?
Jun 14, 2019 8:40 PM

Dec 2018
I've always been hyped to see the special openings in each part, and i gotta say; that i've never been so fucking hyped from any of the previous ones as i got to this one.
God_MarsJun 14, 2019 8:44 PM
Jun 14, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Mista is actually best girl. The body swapping was great, you can tell they had a lot of fun with that.

Not my favourite of the OP gimmicks, but still a cool one. I just wish the OP had a better song.
Jun 14, 2019 9:53 PM

Feb 2016
Kaizenzen said:
HereticHunter said:

His powers aren't inconsistent at all if you really think about it, Stands can evolve within time, like in the case of Echoes through his Acts or Rohan's w
Heaven's Door. Although I do agree that sometimes Araki loves to make a power for a stand that is underused or never shown again (Like GE's counter attack)

Good skill is well defined skill. "Give life" skill can be anything, limited by our imagination. I imagine Giorno can fly, make wing by GE, then he makes bird to kill enemy from far. Imagine he makes birds that act as radar to make sure there is no gang follow giorno gang. Also, we know if giorno use bullet, he is pretty invicible, he can transform it to lifeform, disguise as tree, then transform it back to bullet and still maintain the powerfull projectile to hurt enemies.

And so now Bucciarati can make space? It easier for him to hide in his space then close the door from outside. I think sticky finger skill is make opening from solid thing without alternate its physical feature. Much more like very short worm hole.

I just answer the question. If you think part 5 has minimal inconsistency, i just bring up my perspective. That's it.

Well I may be wrong on that, but that was my interpretation (since the games heavily implies he can go through floor to attack, unless he does it the Portal way) I mean, if he just opens a passage he would have killed himself after exiting the train on his fight against Giorno. So it just might be the bizarre nature of JoJo overall

I don't think part 5 has minimal inconsistency (I mean, which part doesn't have one?), it does have some here and there, but I wouldn't call Giorno's power "inconsistent" by any means. All the abilities he's shown so far just means that Giorno's Stand is just that versatile when it comes to development. (He has an A in development potential after all)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 14, 2019 10:19 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Diavolo is so attractive in this adaption, for real. His hair, his face, his body... I can't stress out enough how much of a great job DP has done with him (and everything else).

The opening changes are always great, but that one might have been my favorite since it actually gave me goosebumps the moment it started.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 14, 2019 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
Davidpro yer crazy bastard did it again I lost my shit watching that op . Silver Chariot look so badass just like the manga . Can't wait for next episode .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jun 14, 2019 11:13 PM
Apr 2019
I enjoyed Dio and Kira's opening tweaks much more than Diavolo's... Seemed like it took too long. Dio's little part was very brief, yet so clever because it fit with the opening! And Bites the Dust rewinding and basically transforming the opening was so powerful and ~menacing~. I liked that Doppio turned into Diavolo, but his own 'antagonist' portion was a bit pretentious and out of place.

I agree that nothing much happened in the episode itself, it's mostly information about Requiem stands, but it's very well balanced with comedy. I especially enjoyed Mista's swap with Trish and turtle Polnareff, LMAO. And Bucciarati - an icon, as always.
Jun 14, 2019 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
Can we get a raise for Trish and Mista's VAs?
Jun 14, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2014
Metallica_Nero said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

and what are those if you can explain

"Araki forgot" is the new trend that anyone who wants to look like smartass spam.

Yeah, I've been seeing this a lot lately.

"Araki forgot to have Josuke travel back in time with Bites the Dust, even though Bites the Dust was established as only rewinding time by an hour, doesn't even show up in the manga for two years after Josuke's backstory is explained, and wasn't even Kira's original power."
TheAzulmagiaJun 15, 2019 7:09 PM
Jun 15, 2019 12:23 AM

May 2018
Lauro_Rios said:
Dam
What a turn around of events. So much i cant keep my heart with it.

I hope for Fate to take part now in the act.

Yes Saber, this person right here
Jun 15, 2019 4:08 AM
Sep 2017
WorldoverHeaven said:
Supersonic_speed said:
Part 5 is my favorite part but sadly the endgame is weak and has some plotholes, contradictions, Araki forgot moments and weird/stupid twists of events. Hopefully DP makes some magic to improve the last 5 episodes. We’ll see

Smaller things like Bruno knowing where the stairs are even if he’s blind and deaf
Bruno not knowing why he is a living corpse, even if he told in the episode before to Giorno exactly why he is a living corpse, same with Diavolo who killed Bruno yet wondered why Bruno is a zombie
Giorno using Gold Experience to kick a bullet and give it life, even whem they earlier stated that he can only use his abilities with his fists (GE’s abilities are just really weakly defined)
Silver Chariot casually yeets Polnareff when in part 3 it didn’t have power to drag him 2 meters

Then bigger problems, like
Polnareff obtaining an arrow and not letting anyone know, especially Joseph and Jotaro
Polnareff and Jotaro searching for arrows in the 90’s when Jotaro learned about the arrows in Morioh, 1999
How King Crimson worked againt Polnareff, he just caught up to Polnareff who was flying in his wheelchair in the air

Jun 15, 2019 4:21 AM
Mar 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

Smaller things like Bruno knowing where the stairs are even if he’s blind and deaf
Bruno not knowing why he is a living corpse, even if he told in the episode before to Giorno exactly why he is a living corpse, same with Diavolo who killed Bruno yet wondered why Bruno is a zombie
Giorno using Gold Experience to kick a bullet and give it life, even whem they earlier stated that he can only use his abilities with his fists (GE’s abilities are just really weakly defined)
Silver Chariot casually yeets Polnareff when in part 3 it didn’t have power to drag him 2 meters

Polnareff obtaining an arrow and not letting anyone know, especially Joseph and Jotaro
Polnareff and Jotaro searching for arrows in the 90’s when Jotaro learned about the arrows in Morioh, 1999
How King Crimson worked againt Polnareff, he just caught up to Polnareff who was flying in his wheelchair in the air

how do you put that spoiler thing
Jun 15, 2019 4:32 AM
Sep 2017
Metallica_Nero said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

"Araki forgot" is the new trend that anyone who wants to look like smartass spam.
Now, while I agree that there have been some small inconsistencies before, the endgame arc itself doesn't have any and whatever is going to happen has been foreshadowed enough. "weak" and "weird" are just subjective things

Wtf new trend? Araki forgot has been a common meme for a long time, it’s just that recently people has started to get butthurt by it.

Araki forgot is a way of expressing ”there are plotholes, but who cares it’s jojo we still love it”. I mean the man himself has said that he tends to forget things, and I feel like some people can’t accept the errors in the plot so they try to deny them and cover Araki’s mistakes, instead of laughing and moving on.

There are even people who make theories and spread them as the truth, even if Araki never had any intentions of making that canon, like the Josuke time travel shit.

Personally, I don’t mind the errors and holes in Araki’s writing for the most part, but I do mind those who can’t accept it and try to cover them with excuses and theories that they try to make canon
Jun 15, 2019 4:38 AM
Mar 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

found it okey
1.Bruno and the stairs that just a nitpick
2.Diavolo dosent know bruno is a zombie how do you want me to explain that he just didnt know
3.pol alredy told us that diavolo controls everyone the pres, government if he tried to contact jotaro he would be dead and diavolo would get the arrow
4.jotaro knowing about arrows is retconned
5.pol landend on the ground and diavolo caught up with him

and sorry for my bad eng
Jun 15, 2019 4:41 AM
Mar 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
Metallica_Nero said:

Now, while I agree that there have been some small inconsistencies before, the endgame arc itself doesn't have any and whatever is going to happen has been foreshadowed enough. "weak" and "weird" are just subjective things

Wtf new trend? Araki forgot has been a common meme for a long time, it’s just that recently people has started to get butthurt by it.

Araki forgot is a way of expressing ”there are plotholes, but who cares it’s jojo we still love it”. I mean the man himself has said that he tends to forget things, and I feel like some people can’t accept the errors in the plot so they try to deny them and cover Araki’s mistakes, instead of laughing and moving on.

There are even people who make theories and spread them as the truth, even if Araki never had any intentions of making that canon, like the Josuke time travel shit.

Personally, I don’t mind the errors and holes in Araki’s writing for the most part, but I do mind those who can’t accept it and try to cover them with excuses and theories that they try to make canon

people hate them because more than half of those are easily explained and those people start lying
like you said that theory about josuke savior it was a random dude but people where like omg its josuke araki forgot lol
jojo does have plotholes but people overblow them
Jun 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Aug 2015
Trish and Mista were super funny I couldn't stop laughing at the beginning
the episode, as usual, was very good!
Also, I skipped the opening, is there any spoilers there cuz I really want to check it.
NameLessMofoJun 15, 2019 4:56 AM
Jun 15, 2019 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
THIS EPISODE WAS TRULY BIZARRE!!!

Jun 15, 2019 5:37 AM

Sep 2016
Regarding what happened to the OP, honestly I didn’t see that coming. I was sure that they’re gonna add Diavolo into it and maybe save the OP change tradition for Requiem ability, but I had no expectations for KC to be involved. Cuz why would erasing a chunk of OP be impressive? But somehow DP pulled it off with the Epitaph effect. Props to my lovely DP!

The VAs for sure did great jobs. The performances of the VAs of Trish, Giorno & Narancia stood out the most to me. They nailed the body swap scenes & proved themselves the right choices for the characters.
TFW you found the walk-ons got fucked up more than the main characters, lol.
One of the greatest things about JOJO is that it's somehow able to make you laugh during whatever serious or intense or even sad situations. Your experiencing mixed emotions with all these characters made you attach to them unconsciously and when you realized it you've already become a huge fan of the show.

Not sure how the anime-onlies feel about Polnareff being stuck in the turtle, probably a feeling so complicated I assume.

The build-up of Sticky Fingers coming out of Diavolo’s body was a bit off compared to the manga. When I read that part in the manga, I was both surprised & hyped.
A side note, I knew they’re gonna end it at that point. It still got me tho, lol.
Jun 15, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2012
That OP though, doesn't get deleted entirely.. Disappointed!

The seiyuu(s) are really having so much fun, I'm jealous of Trish & Mista's xD

Oh hey turtle guy made an appearance xD

Diavolo is probably inside Bruno, but I can't remember anything except the ending of Golden Wind
Oh well, 5 episodes left.. Gonna have to say goodbyes soon :(
"Signature removed"
Jun 15, 2019 6:23 AM

Aug 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
Metallica_Nero said:

I am aware of that and as I mentioned I admit there are inconsistencies in JoJo. What I mean by the "new trend" is that a lot of people started spamming "Araki Forgot" at anything even when what they are questioning has been explained already and they just didn't pay attention.

When there are clear contradictions, believe me, I will gladly point them out and I know JoJo isn't the best it term of writing. I don't mind the Araki Forgot meme itself, just when it's used where it doesn't make sense which is annoying. I watched many reviews in YouTube when they say "Wtf how did this happen Araki forgot haha" when it was already explained. That is why I started to hate the meme lol
Masha-maJun 15, 2019 6:27 AM
Jun 15, 2019 6:24 AM

May 2018
For a moment I though the subs are all over the place when Giorno was starting to talk in 3rd person. Intersting beginning of the end. Although Polnareff being revived (even if not for too long I guess) takes a few points away from his tragic death.
Jun 15, 2019 8:17 AM

Nov 2016
I love David Pro for what they're doing, seriously.

And lol, the little quarrel between Mista and Trish was so hilarious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2014
Really entertaining episode, I am glad to see more of Polnareff in any capacity. It was really funny seeing the crew reacting to their new bodies lol. I think the VAs did a fantastic job in imitating the characters. The OP gimmick was great, I loved the change and the italian lines!
Jun 15, 2019 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
am I the only one who guessed it was Bucciarati in Diavlo's body?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
Niveen_Sleem said:

It's really not that difficult. There aren't many choices to begin with.
Jun 15, 2019 1:53 PM

Sep 2017
That scene before the OP was very well done. It gave Silver Chariot Requiem the perfect amount of mysteriousness it needed. They King Crimson'd the OP. Well done, DP. The comedy felt ever so slightly out of place given how serious and grim the past few episodes have been, but I still enjoyed it. Trish insulting Mista over and over was funny. Polnareff apparently is the turtle, now. I remember reading that on the wiki a long time ago but I had completely forgotten about it. I personally had always thought that the Requiem upgrade was permanent. I never would have guessed that the Stand needed to be perpetually holding the arrow for the Requiem stand to remain in effect. So the boss and Bucciarati got switched? Are we going to have to watch our Jojo Dad die AGAIN? I hope they at least get to say a few last words with Bucciarati.
Jun 15, 2019 2:51 PM
Sep 2017
Metallica_Nero said:
Supersonic_speed said:

I am aware of that and as I mentioned I admit there are inconsistencies in JoJo. What I mean by the "new trend" is that a lot of people started spamming "Araki Forgot" at anything even when what they are questioning has been explained already and they just didn't pay attention.

When there are clear contradictions, believe me, I will gladly point them out and I know JoJo isn't the best it term of writing. I don't mind the Araki Forgot meme itself, just when it's used where it doesn't make sense which is annoying. I watched many reviews in YouTube when they say "Wtf how did this happen Araki forgot haha" when it was already explained. That is why I started to hate the meme lol

I think jojo fans in general are pretty annoying because of the overuse and spam of memes, so I can understand what you mean. I hate the Kono Dio da meme, hate the Speedwagon memes (like chill, the dude wasn’t that funny) and really hate the endless ORAORA MUDAMUDAWRYYY’s in comment sections on youtube videos that aren’t even about JoJo
Jun 15, 2019 5:05 PM
Mar 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
Metallica_Nero said:

I think jojo fans in general are pretty annoying because of the overuse and spam of memes, so I can understand what you mean. I hate the Kono Dio da meme, hate the Speedwagon memes (like chill, the dude wasn’t that funny) and really hate the endless ORAORA MUDAMUDAWRYYY’s in comment sections on youtube videos that aren’t even about JoJo
oh dont worry everyone hates them even jojo fans go check out shitpostcrusaders on reddit for best memes of jojo
Jun 15, 2019 7:07 PM

Jul 2014
Kaizenzen said:

Bruno going underground with Sticky Fingers is within his established powers. He's been zipping through space this whole part.

Bruno coming back to life requires some suspension of disbelief, okay, but the same basically happened to Okuyasu in the last part. And Joseph before that.

Bruno switching souls isn't inconsistent. He still has his soul. His body is just functionally dead. We even see his soul re-enter his body.
Jun 15, 2019 7:52 PM

Oct 2013
Supersonic_speed said:

Whatever, there are as many opinions as people. For me toxicity among JoJo fans is manifested by a small, yet annoying, group of people who like to spoil "hurr for fun" certain important informations to others. It doesn't matter if they do it towards anime-onlys or those who are reading the manga, they do it for their low-quality fun. Explaining that "hurr it's an old manga mate, just read it" is invalid when they spoil that belong to Part 7 story or even to JoJolion to people who are actually reading these Parts, lol.

Them "JoJokes" you mentioned are not that much annoying unless you see everything covered in them placed in random placed. That can maybe not annoy that much than make you cringe out of seeing for 1000th time "hehe you thought it was a salad in the fridge but KONO DIO DA" or "even Speedwagon was afraid". For me it's fine unless you see shitposting like this spammed in every direction to the point you don't know where you want to read further what you read before, because everything you see is covered in "ORAORAORAROA MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA WRYYYYYY" texts.

As for "Araki forgot" meme, I saw even faithful manga readers to say it about plotholes or inconsistencies and being serious about what they were talking about. I agree though it is used way too frequently and sometimes in places when there were no plotholes or inconsistencies. It's like a soft and slightly more complex version of "memes" mentioned above.
Jun 15, 2019 9:24 PM

Dec 2014
nice to see opening changed like that..we are really at the climax... rip Ponegriff.... what is happening anyway
Jun 15, 2019 11:54 PM
Aug 2018
ArcturusMi said:
holy shit that OP.
Can't wait for Giorno's answer to his italian rap battle with Diavolo!
Something like :
"You'll never reach the truth"
"There will be no end, you won't find it"
"This is a traitor's triumph"

"Non raggiungerai mai la verità"
"Non ci sarà mai fine, non la troverai"
"Questo è un trionfo dei traditori"
Jun 16, 2019 4:04 AM

Nov 2015
can't wait till next week to see my favorite minor villain in the series get animated

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
LoveLikeBloodJun 17, 2019 3:10 AM
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Jun 16, 2019 7:34 AM

Jun 2010
If I'm being perfectly honest, I think the execution of the King Crimson opening was a bit disappointing. I get that there's only so many ways you can portray KC's time skip powers, but it just felt too drawn out IMO.

Mixed feelings on the episode as a whole too. While I loved all of the body switching shenanigans, the pacing was bogged down significantly by Polnareff's exposition on the arrow. Guess it just doesn't translate to video format, because I remember loving it in the manga.

Looking forward to seeing how DP goes about adapting the Part 5 from here. Without being too negative, I was pretty let down by how things were concluded in the manga. Here's hoping the adaptation will be able to lessen that feeling for me by a bit.
Jun 16, 2019 7:44 AM

Mar 2013

Nessuno può sfuggire al destino scelto. Rimane solo il risultato, che voi sarete distrutti. L' eterna cima esiste solo per me, puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo.

"No one can escape the chosen destiny. Only the result remains, that you will be destroyed. The eternal peak exists only for me, you can sing songs of sadness in the timeless world".
Jun 16, 2019 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
Metallica_Nero said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

It's really not that difficult. There aren't many choices to begin with.

well yes you're right but still it was a surprise to see him going at Silver Chariot without any questions asked.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 16, 2019 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
WandererRedux said:
If I'm being perfectly honest, I think the execution of the King Crimson opening was a bit disappointing. I get that there's only so many ways you can portray KC's time skip powers, but it just felt too drawn out IMO.

I concur. Broke the pace too much. Maybe it would've been improved by him speaking a different Italian line each week?

Week 1: Nessuno può sfuggire al destino scelto.
Week 2: Rimane solo il risultato, che voi sarete distrutti.
Week 3: L' eterna cima esiste solo per me, puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo.

Something like that?
Jun 16, 2019 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
Hobgoblin2099 said:
WandererRedux said:

I concur. Broke the pace too much. Maybe it would've been improved by him speaking a different Italian line each week?

Week 3: L' eterna cima esiste solo per me, puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo.

Something like that?

I disagree. The way we saw this opening modified with a gimmick was executed very good and unexpected (at least for me). I can't think of something better than this King Crimson's intervention in the opening we all saw.

Sure, it broke the pace a little bit, but it was made on purpose to 1) show King Crimson's power , 2) blend it into vanilla version of the opening, 3) make it look original and decent, without leaving a feeling that this kind of concept might have happened before.

Erasing some seconds of the opening would be too easy and expectable. It wouldn't leave as much impact as the opening we have already seen. Your proposition sounds nice, but I don't think it would look good if it was turned into series of openings, and every of them would have a slight modification of one phrase alone.
AdnashJun 16, 2019 6:49 PM
Jun 16, 2019 3:18 PM
May 2016
RabidFish said:
let's be completely honest with ourselves here, mates. Pt. 5 final battle is the worst final confrontation in JoJo, period.

Also let's not forget about that crazy "Stands are actually [SPOILERS]!" thing Araki came up with out of fucking nowhere and never even touched upon ever again.

Not even close baybeeee. The race for the arrow is great, and the conclusion is fucking awesome imo. Part 5 having a "bad ending" has been a meme since the shitty-translation days, it's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people make it out to be. I could argue about it all day but I have a fuck ton of faith in David Productions, they've improved this part so much through a myriad of ways that I'm sure they'll bring out the absolute best in this last arc too.
Jun 16, 2019 3:48 PM
May 2016
Adnash93 said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Something like that?

I disagree. The way we saw this opening modified with a gimmick was executed very good and unexpected (at least for me). I can't think of something better than this King Crimson's intervention in the opening we all saw.

Sure, it broke the pace a little bit, but it was made on purpose to 1) show King Crimson's power , 2) blend it into vanilla version of the opening, 3) make it look original and decent, without leaving a feeling that this kind of concept might have happened before.

Erasing some second of the opening would be too easy and expectable. It wouldn't leave as much impact as the opening we have already seen. Your proposition sounds nice, but I don't think it would look good if it was turned into series of openings, and every of them would have a slight modification of one phrase alone.

Absolutely this! Not only was it a bit of a subversion of expectations but it makes entirely perfect sense with the OP and it was still creative as fuck. God the italian vocals, that was just hype as hell imo.
Jun 16, 2019 3:50 PM

Dec 2010
Another deservedly good level of animation quality, another episode I like. This is what I want from a JoJo anime - a perfectly animated and exact adaptation of the manga.
Jun 16, 2019 6:48 PM
May 2017
Modernoir said:
RabidFish said:
let's be completely honest with ourselves here, mates. Pt. 5 final battle is the worst final confrontation in JoJo, period.

Also let's not forget about that crazy "Stands are actually [SPOILERS]!" thing Araki came up with out of fucking nowhere and never even touched upon ever again.

Not even close baybeeee. The race for the arrow is great, and the conclusion is fucking awesome imo. Part 5 having a "bad ending" has been a meme since the shitty-translation days, it's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people make it out to be. I could argue about it all day but I have a fuck ton of faith in David Productions, they've improved this part so much through a myriad of ways that I'm sure they'll bring out the absolute best in this last arc too.

i personally found the last confrontation completely underwhelming and the arrow chase isn't that interesting to me, but the whole concept of switching bodies/souls is really not that interesting to me personally, either.

but i do agree DP has massively improved this part, to the point i'd actually recommend the anime over the manga for this one particular case.
Jun 16, 2019 6:54 PM

Oct 2013
@Modernoir , I am mostly happy because it was a subversion of my expectations. I thought the OP is gonna be something like time-skip by erasing several seconds (yeah, I fixed my previous post xD dunno why I didn't write a plural version there) and adding some red effect that occurs each time King Crimson is used. I'm glad it wasn't and happened to be way more creative in original way. :-) One of the best feelings is to see something different than you expected and be pleased by seeing it, haha.
Jun 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Jun 2010
Hobgoblin2099 said:
WandererRedux said:

Something like that?

That would of been perfect in my opinion.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.