Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2019 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They gimmicked the opening - and it was fantastic as usual! Great to see DP upholding their tradition.

The rest of the episode played out as usual with Pol explaining the concept of Requiem Stands to us and everybody's bodies getting switched by SCR.
However, there is quite a bombshell being dropped here that I'd like to discuss:
NidhoeggrJun 14, 2019 11:18 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 14, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
Well, the madlads at DP did it, they King Crimson'd the opening, holy shit. This alternate opening was, without a doubt, the best altered opening compared to ZA WARUDO and BAITSU A DASUTO. Props to the voice actors for their remarkable job at portraying the other characters, that was amazing. There was also a scene with Polnareff and the Arrow that was... very interesting and could explain many things. While this episode wasn't so fast-paced as the previous ones, I really liked it.

I don't care guys, I'm still going to rate this episode 5/5.
Jun 14, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
I still prefer the rewinding Great Days over it, but the execution was superb.

PS: Apparently the chanting in the opening translates into:
"Noone can escape the chosen fate"
"Only the results remain, of you being destroyed"
"The eternal climax exists only for me"
"You can sing songs of sadness in breathless nights"
NidhoeggrJun 14, 2019 9:47 AM
Jun 14, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
I still feel like DIO had the best OP change. Bites the Dust was okay, but this one, while neat, went on a bit too long and broke the pace of the OP.
Jun 14, 2019 10:34 AM
Nov 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They gimmicked the opening - and it was fantastic as usual! Great to see DP upholding their tradition.

The rest of the episode played out as usual with Pol explaining the concept of Requiem Stands to us and everybody's bodies getting switched by SHR.
However, there is quite a bombshell being dropped here that I'd like to discuss:

it was in the manga
Jun 14, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Polnareff mentioned that Silver Chariot turned into Requiem before. It's why he stabs Chariot with the arrow when Diavolo is almost upon him and mentions that it was a risk using it.
Jun 14, 2019 10:38 AM
Feb 2019
what a fantastic episode, i love this episode. it is my favourite episode yet. when bruno just showed his stand i was relived because now we got the arrow so we are good. also it was funny listening to giorno and narancia, it was very very funny to hear, their voices didn`t match the looks and it was funny.
Momi55522Jun 14, 2019 10:43 AM
Jun 14, 2019 10:56 AM
Sep 2018
Well done DP. The OP shocks me and I scream like a fangirl. Body swapping is well-animated, especially all CVs speak in respective tones. I can't wait to see the memes of the gang's reaction!!! 5/5
ZenhzhuJul 11, 2019 1:24 PM
Jun 14, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2009
Wooooow that opening was tense as hell man! I hope to hear the actual requim piece in the anime.
Jun 14, 2019 11:07 AM

Sep 2014
I disliked that OP but since I was expecting the edits to come sooner or later I sat through it this time... and it didn't dissapoint! Everyone swapped bodies due to Chariot Requiem. Lol'd at Trish and Mista's reactions after realizing what happened. Bucciarati ended up in Diavolo's body and now that's a way to end the episode. Cannot wait for next week.
Jun 14, 2019 11:09 AM

Feb 2018
That turtle has had an eventful week.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 14, 2019 11:15 AM

Oct 2018
This opening had a way different gimmick than End of the World or Great Days, there was a speech during the skipped time!
Besides that, lots of dialogue and lots of info. I was waiting for Bruno to show up with Diavolo's body. I'm waiting for more
Jun 14, 2019 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
So, Diavolo has to be in Buccellati's body.
And omg, the changes from the opening are great!
Jun 14, 2019 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
Based David, the opening changes were hype af.
The moment when the op change to Italian=orgasm

The episode itself was boring and felt dragged tbh. They could've adopted more content easily and ended the episode with a better cliffhanger.
Next episode should be better
Jun 14, 2019 11:25 AM

Nov 2017
Okay but Trish's body + Mista's personality = actual best girl

Jun 14, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
God bless that op change, and also god bless this episode for being one of the last things of vindication for this series from the shitty old scans, there was some genuine foreshadowing and mechanics being set up here well ahead of the infamous moment and I'm gonna go on a whim and say that anime onlys are going to be extremely confused why any of this was considered polarizing.

Fuck the old scans, disguising the most quality part yet as the worst one under a personality devoid translation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 14, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
JizzyHitler said:

Fuck the old scans, disguising the most quality part yet as the worst one under a personality devoid translation

I remember catching up in 2008/09 and struggling so hard at times with basically everything from Stardust to the middle of Stone Ocean.... Thankfully we are past these dark times now and I can just go to my shelf and pick up translated manga volumes.
Jun 14, 2019 11:41 AM
May 2016
Lmfao that was such a fun ep! The bodyswap shenanigans were hilarious, the seiyuus clearly had a hell of a lot of fun doing that part.
GOD THAT OP THOUGH. God bless DP, every time they nail this. Fuck I enjoyed that so much, Diavolo got such a good villain OP rendition. I love the sheer surprise in their choice to show the perspective of Diavolo when he uses King Crimson in the OP, that's such a creative way to incorporate this. My favorite one so far solely because of just how much cooler it makes Diavolo, the anime has seriously elevated him in my eyes as a villain.
Jun 14, 2019 11:47 AM
May 2016
JizzyHitler said:
God bless that op change, and also god bless this episode for being one of the last things of vindication for this series from the shitty old scans, there was some genuine foreshadowing and mechanics being set up here well ahead of the infamous moment and I'm gonna go on a whim and say that anime onlys are going to be extremely confused why any of this was considered polarizing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel so, so good now knowing that my belief that the hate for part 5 was always unjustified turned out to be true and that so many people are enjoying this part of the series. DP have done a bang-up job.

Metallica_Nero said:
Based David, the opening changes were hype af.
The moment when the op change to Italian=orgasm

The episode itself was boring and felt dragged tbh. They could've adopted more content easily and ended the episode with a better cliffhanger.
Next episode should be better

Considering we have at least a good few weeks of this arc I think it makes sense for a slower-paced ep, the information given in it was all quite useful for what's to come, them taking their time with it is probably a good thing too considering just how many people bitch about things later on.
Jun 14, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
Well done David Production. You truly are amazing !
Jun 14, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2017
Good episode,nothing so special happened. Anyway the opening with Diavolo was sooooo coooooool,I was waiting for it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2019 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
Even though the pacing felt a bit slow I think it was a very enjoyable episode. Di Molto!
Jun 14, 2019 12:24 PM
Apr 2016
Oh hell, a body swap. Expected no less from the person that got into Trish's body. NICEEEEE. So, the arrows really have more depth to them.
Jun 14, 2019 12:26 PM

Oct 2018
Nothing special has happened but that body swap scene was really hilarious, reminds me of one piece and your name lol and I know jojo part 5 came out first and the new version of opening is neat.
Ri22rkJul 2, 2019 4:47 AM
Jun 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
If you pay attention to the translations during the Italian part in the opening, that is actually Diavolo talking to Giorno
Jun 14, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2013
This episode deserves a 10/10 just for the opening alone. I mean, I was expecting a King Crimson version like it happened with The World and Bites the Dust, but what I loved is that they just didn't skip the time, but instead put what happened between the seconds where KC's ability is activated, and those Italian chants and the way Diavolo appears towards Giorno and sees the future gave me a boner as greater as the one Kira had when he saw the Mona Lisa for the first time. To make it even better, this is another version of the song (the final part goes with the Italian chants towards the end, thing the full version of Uragirimono no Requiem lacks) instead of the one used in the full version, thus making it more surprising. This is good enough, but

The body swap stuff was hilarious, it was great to see how the voice actors imitated how their character sounded in the body they got with Chariot Requiem's ability (Mista in Trish's body especially) and we finally have Polnareff the turtle. The episode in general felt like 5 minutes, tbh.

Speedo_Kingu said:
Okay but Trish's body + Mista's personality = actual best girl
Couldn't agree more, tbh. MistaTrish! is 10/10.
IllyricusJun 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Jun 14, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
polnareff is my favorite teenage mutant ninja turtle
Jun 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Feb 2016
Boy, that OP :0 Expected no less from DP, it was nutty.

Has been a time since I've read this part, but I remember SCR being one of the best parts of Part 5 and It is one of the things I was waiting the most.

Nycro said:
Even though the pacing felt a bit slow I think it was a very enjoyable episode. Di Molto!

That's good to hear, hope you're able to enjoy the next episodes since we're reaching the climax! :D
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 14, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
I was hoping to see a gimmick with Diavolo and King Crimson affecting the opening, as DIO or Kira affected openings in the previous parts. And I was delighted to see it! I couldn't have imagined a better modification of this opening. Well done, David Production! It was just great.

Episode itself was very entertaining. Swap of minds was funny to watch, especially when Trish/Mista interacted with Mista/Trish.

The most important thing was seeing Polnareff again. Yeah, Silver Chariot Requiem swapped his mind with that turtle (his name was Mr. President, eh?), but more importantly it means that Polnareff is still alive (even though his body is dead)! I believe because he was Silver Chariot's user it was possible to him to talk while being an animal, while all other people who swapped their minds with animals couldn't talk in the way humans can do.

Polnareff also explained to Giorno and others how huge potential this arrow has. Too bad Silver Chariot went berserk, but I believe he won't be an enemy.

By the way, Polnareff's memory about the farm and his first contact with the arrow, along with turning into a turtle, can be called indeed as another chapter of "Polnareff's bizarre adventure". xD
Jun 14, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2015
So now:

Trish is Trish
Narancia is Trish
Diavolo is Trish
Trish is Mista.

Bad jokes aside, the opening was beyond amazing. It was literally the Requiem of the Traitor.
This is (or was) my least favorite arc of the manga (it lasts about 13 chapters) however they kept it entertaining. Next week is going to be painful tho.

Now that we are in the last two arcs of Vento Aureo, we can finally say #Part6Never

I think it will be a second edit on the last episode (or just before the last one), I hope it is since the stand rush from Gold Experience seems changed as well.
Jun 14, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
aghhhhh shit this too good to watch
Jun 14, 2019 1:45 PM

Aug 2018
Now, what if DP actually swapped all characters in the opening next week?
Jun 14, 2019 1:56 PM
Jan 2016
Poor Polnareff, his stand became more outstanding than him. This is how you ruin a character that was cool before.
Jun 14, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2018
PedroBV96 said:
Poor Polnareff, his stand became more outstanding than him. This is how you ruin a character that was cool before.
what do you mean? Ain't nothing is cool than a talking turtle
Jun 14, 2019 2:14 PM
Sep 2017
Part 5 is my favorite part but sadly the endgame is weak and has some plotholes, contradictions, Araki forgot moments and weird/stupid twists of events. Hopefully DP makes some magic to improve the last 5 episodes. We’ll see
Jun 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
the opening is so fucking good.

I was looking forward to the anime-only's reactions to the infamous ending arcs of part 5 and so far I havent been disappointed lol
Jun 14, 2019 2:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Although not as cool as DIO's time stop and BTD's rewind, this OP change is still pretty dope. I have a feeling there's gonna be another change in the OP when a certain one achieves a certain something.
Jun 14, 2019 2:38 PM
Mar 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
Part 5 is my favorite part but sadly the endgame is weak and has some plotholes, contradictions, Araki forgot moments and weird/stupid twists of events. Hopefully DP makes some magic to improve the last 5 episodes. We’ll see

and what are those if you can explain
Jun 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Aug 2018
WorldoverHeaven said:
Supersonic_speed said:

"Araki forgot" is the new trend that anyone who wants to look like smartass spam.
Now, while I agree that there have been some small inconsistencies before, the endgame arc itself doesn't have any and whatever is going to happen has been foreshadowed enough. "weak" and "weird" are just subjective things
Jun 14, 2019 2:52 PM
Mar 2018
Metallica_Nero said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

"Araki forgot" is the new trend that anyone who wants to look like smartass spam.
Now, while I agree that there have been some small inconsistencies before, the endgame arc itself doesn't have any and whatever is going to happen has been foreshadowed enough. "weak" and "weird" are just subjective things

i know what araki forgot thing is i just wanted him to show some examples because people trow those words left and right i also made a thread for part 5 explaining what
asspull and deus ex means
Jun 14, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
so the boss swapped with buccarati, who seems ded
and the turtle swapped with polnareff, who's certainly dead

funny episode but I feel bad for the turtle :'c
Jun 14, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2018
The madlads at DP did it again :D
Jun 14, 2019 3:51 PM
May 2017
let's be completely honest with ourselves here, mates. Pt. 5 final battle is the worst final confrontation in JoJo, period.

Also let's not forget about that crazy "Stands are actually [SPOILERS]!" thing Araki came up with out of fucking nowhere and never even touched upon ever again.
Jun 14, 2019 4:28 PM
Mar 2018
RabidFish said:
let's be completely honest with ourselves here, mates. Pt. 5 final battle is the worst final confrontation in JoJo, period.

Also let's not forget about that crazy "Stands are actually [SPOILERS]!" thing Araki came up with out of fucking nowhere and never even touched upon ever again.

hell no part five has one of the best final fights in jojo next to 6 and 7
also most people dont realize this is the final battle and its agenst SCR
Jun 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2017
wowow mad props to DP for changing the OP, also Trish and Mista pulling off a "no u" was veryyy nicuuuuu
Jun 14, 2019 5:41 PM
Jul 2017
Dam
What a turn around of events. So much i cant keep my heart with it.

I hope for Fate to take part now in the act.
Jun 14, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
The style of the opening song got me hyped for this episode.

Mind swapping made this episode pretty entertaining. Just the whole idea of that power itself gave this episode some funny dialogues. (looking at you Trish/Mista) I'm expecting this ride to get even more bizarre in these final few episodes. Exciting times.
Jun 14, 2019 6:23 PM

Oct 2015
That was bold of Mista to touch Trish's body there, usually anime characters would fondle boobs instead!

Wow! Bucciarati switching with Diavolo/Doppi is mindblowing. Why can't Diavolo/Doppi wake up in Bucciarati's body, is it because he's dead? This will be interesting for sure, I really can't wait.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 14, 2019 6:33 PM
May 2019
Nothing special. Messy pace. Last episode is very tense, but right now it is slow as f***.

Btw, stabed with arrow doesn't guarantee the skill will usefull to fight diavolo like Silver Chariot Requiem skill to swap soul. The Requiem skill always there, not triggered by who is the enemy. So, it is a bit of luck to get requeim skill that can kill diavolo.

WorldoverHeaven said:
Metallica_Nero said:

i know what araki forgot thing is i just wanted him to show some examples because people trow those words left and right i also made a thread for part 5 explaining what
asspull and deus ex means

- Inconsistent Giorno Skill: - attack back when his creation attacked, - give more life to human that punched by GE, - GE can make human part to heal the wound, - he even can make organ thansform it into brooch and revert it back without hand, - he can make his brooch as gps point so he can track its position, - his creation can find way to kill the enemy's user via remote, - can revert GE back to initial form, - can control when the life form will grow if he punched the thing , - can sense life around by touching thing (isn't that deus ex)
- Bucciarati sudenly can run through underground with sticky finger
- Bucciarati is undead because giorno give life to bucciarati, with this advantage he can fight Cioccolata and Secco because he is s in dead state.
- Now Bucciarati swap with boss soul. Is dead state mean Bucciarati still have soul but different with living one????
- Many last fight before show inconsistency but i forgot.
KaizenzenJun 14, 2019 6:57 PM
Jun 14, 2019 6:42 PM

Oct 2013
lihle808 said:
That was bold of Mista to touch Trish's body there, usually anime characters would fondle boobs instead!

Mista/Trish was not aware of the swap at first (obvious), and later he felt itchy because of Trish underwear. As it was to make her booty look more firm, wearing it could not be comfortable and Mista was not used to wearing something like that as a guy. xD

By the way, I'm wondering if Diavolo/Doppio was treated as one soul to swap with one body, or with two souls that had to be swapped somehow. Sounds strange, but I think it is possible. If it's about me, I would like to see first option to happen. It's easier to explain and as I remember Diavolo/Doppio were two personalities trapped in one body, not two souls.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.