Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 7, 2013 4:58 PM

May 2011
Brilliant turn of events (especially with Heartseed).

Also, it seems that the secrets/hidden thoughts of each individual are beginning to come out. That was a good question from Iori at the end, I can take her more seriously now. The short intense moment between Iori and Yui was good too.

2 episodes in and I'm getting a completely different vibe already, this should be good.

Oh yeah, LoL at the volunteering scene, and the "declaration" at the end.
Kayaba-Jan 7, 2013 5:31 PM
Jan 8, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2009
I see what you did there...

Kokoro Connect isn't made by KyoAni, but this and K-ON do share the same character designer xD nice easter egg though
nanaki254Jan 8, 2013 6:41 PM
Jan 13, 2013 4:37 AM

Oct 2011
Heartseed is weird, looking forward to finding out its true motives. Some nice character development, I feel sorry for Nagase :')
Jan 23, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2012
Another great episode, packed with full of information already explaining a part of what's happening, and some interesting and funny development, lets see what's next!
Apr 12, 2013 3:58 AM
Nov 2012
So far, I am loving this anime. Though I constantly get confused with all the names.
Jun 15, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2010
I'm watching this show at the moment and I'm getting picky. Actually I thought this was a realistic show, I'm a bit disappointed but I'll keep watching.
Jul 19, 2013 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
This is shaping up very nicely and they're going in the direction I was hoping - they find out more about each other when they switch. As others have said, I need to get their names down so I know who's who. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorites
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 18, 2013 12:30 PM
May 2012
Am I the only one around here who doesn't get confused with the names?

I already know all of their names and I don't get confused fuck yeah and I'm really liking this anime I just feel bad for Yui for almost getting raped :/ poor girl anyway this is getting really awesome so let's see what's next.
Oct 5, 2013 2:56 AM
Sep 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
this is getting interesting, things are getting more complicated, i am going to have to learn the name of the characters pretty soon so that i don't get mixed up

Same here I don't know who's who at the moment
Mar 4, 2014 1:22 AM
Nov 2013
Another great episode, loving the quick, seamless switches between humor and seriousness.

BRSxIgnition said:
It's funny, but it doesn't seem to be trying overly hard to be funny. The situations are fresh and hilarious - especially now with Nagase being fought over behind her back - between a liar and a lesbian no less. .

This.
Apr 28, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, that was a dick move from Inaba xD
But Taichi somehow deserved it, for ruining her day :P

Nagase was deep right there at the train station... Well, it's an often discussed question in philosophy, she could read some books if she's interrested in it.

Aoki totally look like a huge pervert x)
I can understand why Yui is unconfortable in that situation :P

I hope it get clearer at one point on that ''observator''. It's really mysterious for now, it was hardly making sense.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2014 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
heartseed so creepy. dont really know what direction this show is gonna take.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 18, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
Son of a bitch. This is gonna be a lot more confusing and hard to follow than I thought. Oh well, hope the romance is good in this.
Jan 25, 2015 5:11 AM
May 2014
The moment when Heartseed talked was a bit WTF.
And I totally don't follow the names.
Oct 15, 2015 6:44 PM

May 2015
darkreaver94 said:
The reason from Heartseed wasn't so convincing. I
Hopefully it develops into something interesting and logical.

Otherwise I liked the way this episode went much more than the last. Things are picking up, and I'm excited for the next ep.
Nov 22, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
So the person with Goto's body is the responsible to the bodies change.
Dec 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
Heartseed is really creepy.

That declaration at the end was funny.
Dec 22, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 02:

"Ballon Vine" the one that begin this switch soul thing says "I just don't have any real motivation, determination, resolution, enthusiasm or anything along those lines." so he is practically bored and that is his reason to do that to them. Balloon Vine is practically a godlike being, with a somewhat bored life and personality, he want to see something that change his mind and interest him.

When they go to ask Gossan, he thinks that he "fall asleep or something?" so this Balloon Vine being must be something that have no human form (cause of the power) or have some power to erase the memory.

Yui was champion of karate , good to knew, and well she can't beat a godlike being.Is interesting how now the "kokoro are connecting" I mean that the group get to know that Iori live only with her mother and works at night , so they can empathize each other.

Yui seems to have some problem or trauma in the past with maybe a man? Iori is really philosophical in her scene with Taichi and is pretty interesting too, how a body switch can affect a group of friends. Like in the end when Inaba in Taichi body confront Fujishima "Iori's my woman!"

"But what if our bodies, through personality switching, for example, were no longer solely our own? Would we still be ourselves? Iori (in Aoki body - Kokoro Connect)

5/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 3:44 PM
Jan 31, 2017 4:43 AM
Jan 2016
This is becoming interesting
This episode is way much better than episode 1
Jun 3, 2017 12:09 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm...still not sure if I'm into this show or not. The body switching is already feeling repetitious and we're only 2 episodes in. I hope we don't have 11 more episodes of awkward bathroom incidents and stuff like that. This show has a great premise. It just doesn't feel like it's delivering the goods yet.

3/5

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 1:25 AM

Jan 2010
another good episode!
So we find out that some kind of spirit is controlling this thing that's happening to them. Also a bit of character improvement from last time, i might start to love these guys :D

5/5 again!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 25, 2017 6:17 PM

Dec 2015
Now this development reminded me of Kiznaiver, it's very interesting to see more of the mysterious Observer.

That last bit tho, so many possibilities when you change bodies with people.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 1, 2017 3:26 AM

Dec 2015
Don't understand why they would introduce the antagonist straight off the bat, was hoping that they would themselves unravel the mystery alongside the view. Also the ost during Nagase's rant was really unnerving which threw away the entire atmosphere :/
~
Aug 1, 2017 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
Fantastic followup to the first episode, after a fun start where we meet Goto, their teacher and responsible of the club, he comes back later on as a mysterious entity called Fusen Kazura/Heartseed, looks like he's the one behind the body switches and sees what happens to our main cast when they happen.

For now the switches have been mostly very funny and more when they experience a change in sex (Iori already learned to pee standing lmao), but a small conflict already happened between her and Yui, so it's pretty unclear if the situation will stay that way.
Dec 4, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
Not that confusing as I initially thought. Nice storytelling and great direction.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 20, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2018
Not sure how I feel about this whole Heartseed thing but I'm still pretty intrigued by the story and characters so I'm liking it. Taichi accidentally volunteering Inaba for the cleanup duty was pretty funny lol
Aug 11, 2018 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
This is getting interesting. It seems from now on they would start experiencing their fears, worries, past or home situation, trying to fix things when being body-swap. It seems like they would get very close and I really can't wait to see that.

Yui seems to have some experience with an assult for example, that's why she started practising judo probably. Someone will try to tell Iori's mother than even when she's genki, she's not really okay to be home alone and so on. There is Taichi's sister who loves him, Himeko's older brother (they don't have very good relations thanks to her attitude) and Aoki's loving family would be probably big contrast to what Iori is living in now.

Well, the main antagonist couldn't be more bland and forced but then again if it serves great character interaction I don't mind at all. This seems very promising suddenly.
Nov 30, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2016
Things picked up a bit, there was a lot more going on in this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
>meaningful, contemplative, existential dialogue
>"hahaha just kidding"
>"just kidding"
>"jUsT kIdDinG"

fuck off with that shit mate. I dunno if this is some anime bullshit or a weird Japanese cultural quirk, but as a weeaboo it irks me.

Good episode nonetheless. Iori gives me a heart boner.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 18, 2018 10:34 PM

Oct 2013
>meaningful, contemplative, existential dialogue
>"hahaha just kidding"
>"just kidding"
>"jUsT kIdDinG"

fuck off with that shit mate. I dunno if this is some anime bullshit or a weird Japanese cultural quirk, but as a weeaboo it irks me.

Good episode nonetheless. Iori gives me a heart boner.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 9, 2019 4:43 AM
Jan 2018
You know the feeling when you'd really want to like a show, but you can't? That's what happened to me with Kokoro Connect. I managed to watch the first two episodes, but that was it, couldn't give the third one a go anymore.

What bothers me most about the show is the positive reputation it has. Nothing negative heard, ever, but it isn't hyped over either. That's why the series sounded really promising to me, plus it had the KyoAni like art style (actually thought at first it was indeed a KyoAni show but no). That's why watching it was all the more of a disappointment for me.

The pacing of the show is slow and awkward, even, and the voice acting is just.. lame. The voices and casting are fine, but somewhat.. It sounds like the actors aren't giving their all to the show. It might be because of the art style resembles KyoAni so that I compare the voice acting to KyoAni, too. I think all of their shows have really lively voice-acting and that's why the acting in this show sticks out. Voice-acting is all about lending your voice to a character so that it seems like a real person speaking, but in this case I don't see that illusion, just actors reading lines out, no passion at all.

Sad to do so but had to drop the series. I'm glad to know that some other people got more out of the show than me, though.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I don't mean the voice actors aren't talented or whatever, they are all professionals and you can hear it. Still, it seems something is missing. The acting sounds.. fake, if you can say so. As an example I can point out the voice actor of Inaba. To correct my previous words, there the casting actually went wrong, as the sound is more of a mature woman than a high school girl in anime. As a result, she isn't feeling right and doesn't sound like a young girl in love, there is no hesitation and struggle in her voice, no insecurity as a growing young person would have. Feel free to think otherwise, but to me the show's voice acting just wasn't convincing and it ruined the show (plus the boring pacing, yes, it was a slice of life series but still, nothing much happened in the show).
emuppuJun 9, 2019 4:55 AM
Jun 9, 2019 4:45 AM
Apr 2016
emuppu said:
You know the feeling when you'd really want to like a show, but you can't? That's what happened to me with Kokoro Connect. I managed to watch the first two episodes, but that was it, couldn't give the third one a go anymore.

What bothers me most about the show is the positive reputation it has. Nothing negative heard, ever, but it isn't hyped over either. That's why the series sounded really promising to me, plus it had the KyoAni like art style (actually thought at first it was indeed a KyoAni show but no). That's why watching it was all the more of a disappointment for me.

The pacing of the show is slow and awkward, even, and the voice acting is just.. lame. The voices and casting are fine, but somewhat.. It sounds like the actors aren't giving their all to the show. It might be because of the art style resembles KyoAni so that I compare the voice acting to KyoAni, too. I think all of their shows have really lively voice-acting and that's why the acting in this show sticks out. Voice-acting is all about lending your voice to a character so that it seems like a real person speaking, but in this case I don't see that illusion, just actors reading lines out, no passion at all.

Sad to do so but had to drop the series. I'm glad to know that some other people got more out of the show than me, though.

Dropping an anime over a petty reason like that huh. Well, you will struggle a lot in the future, if every small detail makes you want to stop watching the anime.
Jun 9, 2019 4:58 AM
Jan 2018
2ego said:
emuppu said:

Dropping an anime over a petty reason like that huh. Well, you will struggle a lot in the future, if every small detail makes you want to stop watching the anime.

Might be so, but at this point I've watched enough anime to know that if the voice acting doesn't fit the show, it's not worth keeping on my watch list. Quality, not quantity, right? Glad you liked Kokoro Connect, though.
Jun 9, 2019 5:03 AM
Apr 2016
emuppu said:
2ego said:

Might be so, but at this point I've watched enough anime to know that if the voice acting doesn't fit the show, it's not worth keeping on my watch list. Quality, not quantity, right? Glad you liked Kokoro Connect, though.

I personally tend to finish whatever I start, even though I've struggled using this principle, it's been useful in many cases. You should continue, hope the voice actors improve. This show really is regarded high, one little flaw doesn't make the entire anime "bad."
Sep 12, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
Well what is this. The whole body-switching thing is so damn weird. And they all act weird. Shouldn't they all be more scared of such an unnatural thing happening to them? Eh. Yui has some sort of trauma with men I bet, her reactions are pretty clear.
Jan 26, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2013
I think it's a shame Himeko has been already included in the body swap. Judging from her reluctance to believe Aoki and Yui the first time, her being out of the swap-circle for a while could provide some quality comedy.
Yui's sexual abuse in the past is pretty much confirmed now.
Jul 6, 2020 10:04 PM

Aug 2019
wow shit got real freaky this episode. So your telling me, this other wordy or spiritual being is fucking with a bunch of highschoolers for shits and gigs? bruh what a dick move lmao. I mean i guess if you had that much power something like that course amuse you.
Not surprised some of them at starting to snap/freak out a bit more. A entire week of random body switches at a random time/duration. God i would have fucking SNAPPED in the first 3 days, having people peak at my private life is a pain in the ass, and to be honest if i was a girl and had a guy switch into my body at a random time, i sure as hell would not be happy about that. Trust me the fucking horny is an uncontrollable force for humans to bear.
oof that ending, Inaba was the last person i'd suspect to start fucking about in other peoples bodies xd
Apr 11, 2021 2:02 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This show feels so unfocused, especially that I'm still too unfamiliar with the different names and characters.
Nov 30, 2021 12:54 AM

Dec 2019
I really like the animation and the concept is interesting imo
Dec 27, 2021 8:03 PM

Dec 2020
ah..? im guessing yui had trouble with a guy in the past and thats why she reacted to iori-aoki that way and was so angry that iori was too used to her unsafe situation

heartseed mf is creepy as shit, i feel bad that the chill laid back goto is the body it's borrowing lmao
Oct 6, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2022
I might've developed a thing for dark haired girls with beauty spots.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Nov 19, 2022 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
The body-swap premise is really interesting. I really want to see how the characters develop.

However, with that being said, I am fairly disappointed with this show thus far. The show is going for the obvious "comedic" bits of the team confusing the bathrooms, as well as berating the guys for possibly doing weird things while in the girls' bodies (when the girls could just as easily do weird things when in the guys bodies???? A bit of a double standard if you ask me). Inaba is still my least favorite character, Iori is still my favorite.

Aside from the main cast, I think that the inclusion of a mysterious, antagonistic entity behind all of this is rather disappointing. I feel that the mystery of the body swap was far more interesting without the inclusion of some entity that exposition-dumped the audience as to why their switching bodies. Did there need to be a reason that they're all switching bodies? In my opinion, no, no it did not.

Not a great second episode either. I'm going to continue this for the sake of curiosity behind how the body-swaps will affect the characters, but I'm rather unenthused about the show as of right now.

Jan 19, 2023 6:32 AM

Sep 2017
i cant keep up with who switched with whom.

not getting the jokes due to that either.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 1, 2023 7:04 PM
Feb 2023
i like this episode a lot more than the first one, literally almost no fanservice in this one
Jul 16, 2023 6:18 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jan 10, 2:24 PM

Jun 2021
it will take some time to get used to all those body switches, but it was a better episode than the pilot one. Surprising twist at the end, some expected awkward situations are lampshaded when someone of the main cast has to go to the bathroom but in the opposite one by force, and Yui already seems someone with a dark backstory and to be sorry for. It's a shame she couldn't successfully attack the possessed teacher, but showing off (well, teasing for just some short seconds) her karate moves made me like her even more.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Yesterday, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.