Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, their study group is becoming more popular at school now..

Despite what Shin went through, it looks like the show is still maintaing a pretty lighthearted feeling. That Oliver guy still isn't trustworthy if you ask me. I really wonder what his endgame in this show...

One thing for sure is that he is a powerful mage. Shin needs a nerf I have to admit, that was one of hell of a battle.
May 1, 2019 8:59 AM
Oct 2018
In the first episode we see shins crazy power seriously reck the earth. now it just gets deflected? If the mc is going to be op why not make the fight scenes cool at least. @onepunchman
May 1, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, their study group is becoming more popular at school now..

Despite what Shin went through, it looks like the show is still maintaing a pretty lighthearted feeling. That Oliver guy still isn't trustworthy if you ask me. I really wonder what his endgame in this show...

One thing for sure is that he is a powerful mage. Shin needs a nerf I have to admit, that was one of hell of a battle.

I don't think Shin needs a nerf, maybe is just the fact that for most of his life he thought that magic could only be visualised while all but few people use chants and moves to use it, so it's faster for him to learn how to use it, while everyone just learn the chant and moves, learning slower than him and not really getting to the "soul" of the spells themselves, or at least it what I think is happening there
May 1, 2019 9:02 AM
Jan 2019
SAMe19 said:
In the first episode we see shins crazy power seriously reck the earth. now it just gets deflected? If the mc is going to be op why not make the fight scenes cool at least. @onepunchman

He was clearly keeping down while using his magic, because if he used it at his true power he would have probably annihilated the whole city
May 1, 2019 9:03 AM
Jan 2018
The Isekai part is kinda pointless isn't it .it should have just been a fantasy
May 1, 2019 9:06 AM

Jan 2017
Mattinator95 said:

That's how I feel about most isekai
May 1, 2019 9:47 AM
Jan 2018
SAMe19 said:

sure...He's going to use is full power in the city isn't he /s .
May 1, 2019 9:48 AM
Apr 2014
Demon guy almost gets fried with magnifying glass.

Don't forget to watch the short scene after the ed song.
May 1, 2019 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
The prince jinxed it
May 1, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2016
Schtrom got fucked this time well deserved after showing SAO villain trait's

Gotta admit that I'm pleasantly surprised about how much is actually going on this series and it's even more or less interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2019 10:09 AM
May 2015
SAMe19 said:

To be fair, something of that scale would have immediately broken through the shield, broken through the demonoid, broken through the wall behind him, and probably destroy half the city.

I don't know why an explosion would have been suspicious though. Something being heated up rapidly to glass the ground would also heat up the air around it and cause an explosion from the expansion.
May 1, 2019 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Shin produced that powerful attack, badly injuring Schtrom.

May 1, 2019 10:50 AM

May 2015
I wish he was a bit more of an underdog however I'm still enjoying the show. None of the character partially standout much but none of them are dis-liable at this point either. So the shows going alright for now.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
May 1, 2019 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
Shin is gathering energy!...

Shin uses Ultra Solar Beam!!!

IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 1, 2019 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
like with the previous episodes, it felt like a lot of content was crammed into this one to where we don't really get much of it besides entertainment value with the fight between Shin and the obvious villain dude (him being a demonoid was not much of a surprise, tbh)
May 1, 2019 11:59 AM
Oct 2018
Mattinator95 said:
SAMe19 said:

of course not it's just I think the fights should stand out more since the comedy is severely lacking. take one punch man, for example, insane fights and good comedy.
May 1, 2019 12:00 PM
Oct 2018
Chailles said:
SAMe19 said:

To be fair, something of that scale would have immediately broken through the shield, broken through the demonoid, broken through the wall behind him, and probably destroy half the city.

I don't know why an explosion would have been suspicious though. Something being heated up rapidly to glass the ground would also heat up the air around it and cause an explosion from the expansion.

a show about magic isn't exactly realistic. so I wish they'd at least put effort into making the fights cool.
May 1, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2019
Mattinator95 said:

if for that reason the show falls into the hole of a generic show, forgetting completely that before, the "magic schools" was the fashion and before this the novels type "shakugan no shana" about a normal student who meets a magical girl who puts him in all kinds of fights and magical wars on terrorist organizations and groups, from which the famous Index emerged however you never see anyone complain about these in their time.
May 1, 2019 12:15 PM
Aug 2013
Mattinator95 said:

Kinda interesting for you to say it considering he used his knowledge from his past life (wich he wouldnt have if this wasnt a isekai) in this episode to substract the different radioactive waves from the sun for his solar beam.
May 1, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2016
Kirasaya said:
Mattinator95 said:

Kinda interesting for you to say it considering he used his knowledge from his past life (wich he wouldnt have if this wasnt a isekai) in this episode to substract the different radioactive waves from the sun for his solar beam.

Yeah, those kids just don't get it, lmfao.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 1, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2016
The show is keeping up with the overall quality, yet the anti-whateverisisekai gang is downvoting it. I just hope it doesn't turn to a lower rating than 7 at the end of the show.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 1, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2016
SAMe19 said:
Mattinator95 said:

of course not it's just I think the fights should stand out more since the comedy is severely lacking. take one punch man, for example, insane fights and good comedy.

Yet you did have episodes of One Punch without comedy, just like this one?

May 1, 2019 12:51 PM
Apr 2019
Best show of the season easy
May 1, 2019 2:33 PM
Sep 2018
I know neither of them use their full power but at least make it more realistic.
May 1, 2019 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
SAMe19 said:

He wanted to prevent collateral damage.

May 1, 2019 3:52 PM

Jan 2016
Split fanbase

One side doesn't like it because it's an Isekai and there isn't any trace of originality in it.

While the other ones are entertained each week and believe that the fights are good

I myself am confused because normally I would detest shows like this but I'm enjoying it. There are at least 2-3 lines each episode that make me laugh and the action is great.

The cast isn't great but the interesting thing with the world is that it seems like only Shin has cracked the code on how to fully exploit the magic system in the world while the rest of the world is stuck on what they believe to be its limit. If that's what the author intended, I applaud him.

Also, this show is more of a fantasy than an Isekai
May 1, 2019 4:00 PM
Jul 2016
elementex said:

Obvious troll lmao
May 1, 2019 4:10 PM
Mar 2017
So Shin gained great popularity by eliminating the demon, now things get more interesting. On the other hand Strohm thinks he has everything well planned, but he makes a mistake that allows him to be captured, but only momentarily.
Today two new characters are included in Shin's group of studies, Mark and Olivia are childhood friends and are a couple, both are from families that have well-known stores in the kingdom, Mark's family has an excellent quality ironworks and Olivia's family has a really popular restaurant.
Shin's achievement has spread throughout the kingdom and Shin's popularity with women soared through the heavens, although I was surprised that Sicily did not get jealous, although when the girls who see Shin wonder if she or Maria are his fiancee, Sicily blushes like a tomato, smug Maria is best Maria, she is so funny.
Damn ... Yuri has a pair of dynamite breasts, she looks very grateful for Shin's suggestion that Melinda teach her, although this made Sicily jealous, that pouting face is so adorable and Maria making fun of such a scene, perfection.
I liked the idea of ​​a sword with interchangeable blades (although that idea I've seen in another anime, with good results)
Strohm falls into the trap set by the investigators and now has no reason to hide his magic power, but to his bad luck Shin was close to the building and now he must face the grandson of Merlin and Melinda.
The fight between Shin and Strohm was great, Shin put all his power into play and Strohm knew how to overcome Shin's abilities, but Shin keeps trying to give him a fight and at the precise moment he manages to cut Strohm and with this it is revealed that the He is a demon and the responsible for the demonization of Kurt. That solarbeam that Shin use was incredible and this surprised Strohm effectively, it hurts that the demon Strohm manages to flee, although seriously wounded.
Now we just have to wait for Strohm's revenge, but on the other hand now I'm sure that Shin's popularity will attract the attention of the wrong people and this will mean problems.
May 1, 2019 4:10 PM
Jul 2016
The dialogue is so cringey it hurts my bones.

The Kings meeting scenes are hilariously bad, I wonder how many times hes going to say "this is very bad, investigate this thoroughly", does the author think we're that dense or maybe rather the story is that shallow theres nothing else to delve deeper into the world of Kenja no Mayo.

Again another 5mins is useless blabber about "my father owns bakery, mine owns blacksmith, lets make sword." "thin sword breaks easy lets make thin but durable". Like seriously..... So much padding to fill the 3mins of episode that actually progressed the story.

I'd go on about it (queue scene of everyone awing how amazing he is, then 5min dialogue about how amazing he is and that they can't eeevvver do what he does because hes sooo amazing".

It is quite funny tho, as in, look at the episode and see what actually was substantial content.

But we all know what this show is, and so do they. Its not supposed to be great/good, just decent enough to pass as a show for a money grab of isekai trend.

May 1, 2019 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
salbery755 said:
So Shin gained great popularity by eliminating the demon, now things get more interesting. On the other hand Strohm thinks he has everything well planned, but he makes a mistake that allows him to be captured, but only momentarily.
Today two new characters are included in Shin's group of studies, Mark and Olivia are childhood friends and are a couple, both are from families that have well-known stores in the kingdom, Mark's family has an excellent quality ironworks and Olivia's family has a really popular restaurant.
Shin's achievement has spread throughout the kingdom and Shin's popularity with women soared through the heavens, although I was surprised that Sicily did not get jealous, although when the girls who see Shin wonder if she or Maria are his fiancee, Sicily blushes like a tomato, smug Maria is best Maria, she is so funny.
Damn ... Yuri has a pair of dynamite breasts, she looks very grateful for Shin's suggestion that Melinda teach her, although this made Sicily jealous, that pouting face is so adorable and Maria making fun of such a scene, perfection.
I liked the idea of ​​a sword with interchangeable blades (although that idea I've seen in another anime, with good results)
Strohm falls into the trap set by the investigators and now has no reason to hide his magic power, but to his bad luck Shin was close to the building and now he must face the grandson of Merlin and Melinda.
The fight between Shin and Strohm was great, Shin put all his power into play and Strohm knew how to overcome Shin's abilities, but Shin keeps trying to give him a fight and at the precise moment he manages to cut Strohm and with this it is revealed that the He is a demon and the responsible for the demonization of Kurt. That solarbeam that Shin use was incredible and this surprised Strohm effectively, it hurts that the demon Strohm manages to flee, although seriously wounded.
Now we just have to wait for Strohm's revenge, but on the other hand now I'm sure that Shin's popularity will attract the attention of the wrong people and this will mean problems.

Yeah crazy huh😂😂!? We also saw the main character, men and women,some talking, movement across the scene and a baddie and goodie
May 1, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 2017
ItsBritneyBitch said:
salbery755 said:

Yeah crazy huh😂😂!? We also saw the main character, men and women,some talking, movement across the scene and a baddie and goodie

yeahhh ok, we are good
May 1, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
Kirasaya said:
Mattinator95 said:

Does he really? He was reborn as an infant and so far we didn't seen him reminiscing his past life. Not sure about it.

May 1, 2019 4:37 PM
Apr 2019
ItsBritneyBitch said:
elementex said:

Obvious troll lmao

seeing the rankings that you be giving out, it is obvious you are the troll
May 1, 2019 4:44 PM
Jul 2016
elementex said:
ItsBritneyBitch said:

Obvious troll lmao

seeing the rankings that you be giving out, it is obvious you are the troll

Seeing the rankings that you've given out you are most definitely a troll trying to get a reaction, knowing ill obviously check yours 😂. I commend it tho.
May 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2018
I feel like this anime is aiming for a very young audience. The characters, the dialogues, the plot are all so straightforward.

This episode was a bit boring on top of that. I am a bit worried about the next episodes...
May 1, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2015
Mr OP did it again, EH! Pfft!

This Isekai is just that "isekai" nothing is special about it no matter how much I look at it. I can't really get into it, not saying I hate it but I definitely don't feel it. It is like an uninteresting partner in a relationship that you are with but can't dump them.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 1, 2019 5:53 PM
Aug 2018
elementex said:

Nice bait, managed to snag a catch too.
May 1, 2019 6:02 PM

Jun 2012
I still don't get it, so much new characters appear but they aren't even flesh out
May 1, 2019 6:27 PM
Jul 2011
I always look forward every episode to see MC overpowering everyone. This show reminds me of that smartphone isekai, that was good!
May 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2018
So, newbies joined the research group & they seem to have some nice connections.

The fight vs this villain seemed quite easy, thank god he is not dead yet. I honestly hope there is a decent challenger for Shin in this world. And Sicily really looked cute as usual.
May 1, 2019 7:06 PM
Jul 2016
I hope that scrotum isn't the only bad guy this series. I really dislike him.
May 1, 2019 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
whole time i'm just like damn everyones forgotten kurt already and moved on real quick but the name was disclosed so there was that

2 new recruits join the gang for whatever reason and they just barely try to make them relevant to the episode all that time spent talking about swords and op-kun pulls out a light saber at the end lol
May 1, 2019 7:36 PM

Dec 2018
there's nothing else here; no story, no development, no plot, no humor wathever but it is not irritating to see, unlike what the hero of the shield causes me, since his fans defend him at all costs, although it is obvious that the writing is absolutely horrible.
May 1, 2019 8:27 PM

Nov 2018
If the sword breaks easily, why not just enchant it with unbreaking 3? An easy solution if you ask me

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
May 1, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Did the animation quality get worse? I am seeing a lot more of poorly detailed faces in this episode.

It is cool how he is using knowledge of his previous life to enhance his magic, I wonder if the manga details a bit more how he creates his spells.
May 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Jul 2016
_cjessop18_ said:
If the sword breaks easily, why not just enchant it with unbreaking 3? An easy solution if you ask me

This one speaks the truth.

May 1, 2019 10:37 PM

Jul 2016
Healmeplz said:
Did the animation quality get worse? I am seeing a lot more of poorly detailed faces in this episode.

It is cool how he is using knowledge of his previous life to enhance his magic, I wonder if the manga details a bit more how he creates his spells.

I think those weird faces appeared in the last episodes as well, so idk.

May 1, 2019 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Glad to see the investigator survived, he did a good job for a mob character uncovering the demonoid. The kingdom seems pretty well run as well, and August is a pretty level-headed crown prince.

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 2, 2019 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
Abderiko said:
I feel like this anime is aiming for a very young audience. The characters, the dialogues, the plot are all so straightforward.

This episode was a bit boring on top of that. I am a bit worried about the next episodes...

Yeah I feel the same, that's why I'm dropping it, I reached my limit. I really wanted to like this but the only thing I find actually interesting in this show are the MC's grandparents.
May 2, 2019 12:40 AM
Apr 2019
Momohime said:
I always look forward every episode to see MC overpowering everyone. This show reminds me of that smartphone isekai, that was good!

smartphone is trash compared to this anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.