Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2019 10:24 PM

Sep 2018
Soko ni Fire; Translation would be: "and then there's fire" or should i say "there's fire over there"

now that line makes sense i guess, didn't know the OP was trying to tell us something, this is why i don't read manga or LN when the anime is airing, i wanna be surprised, i just have to dodge spoilers though
Mar 21, 2019 11:17 PM

May 2018
As if this series couldn't get any better. WOW, I was completely blown away by what happened, I would have never guessed that things would turn around so favourably in just one episode! Poor Norman, I had a grain of hope and YES! - I was so glad to see him alive and well again! Let's see what happens next before we count our chickens, they still have a ways to go yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some sort of happy outcome. I can't wait till next week!
Mar 21, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2019
Awesome episode, I'm glad Emma didn't let Ray BBQ himself. And Phil stayed behind o.O I wonder what he's up to.
Mar 21, 2019 11:20 PM
Oct 2007
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I think I'm going to be very disappointed that the show is going to end in 1 more episode no matter what the ending is next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 11:30 PM

Jan 2017
I felt like the original manga version was somewhat better. Regardless, it was a faithful adaptation—worthy enough of a 5.

Looks like Mama finally "snapped" and began acting like Sister Krone (albeit temporarily).
Mar 21, 2019 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
AivanK said:
And the whole fire idea! Holy s**! Never thought that she would cut her ear, why didn't she used Ray's device?

Because she needs to leave her tracking device there to stall Mama. Same with Ray but he had time to take it out medically, while Emma was by herself and on a time restraint so she just cut off her ear cause it's the fastest method.

Arcos said:
I can only hope that jon snow will ascend from the north and KILLS THE BOY

OMG NO!
Also, if we ever get a s2/s3, there will be fighting involved.

Pyoung said:
What did MAMA mean when she said "What were those children... Wearing on their feet" ??

They normally wear slippers when indoor and boots when outdoor. But at that scene when she told the children to run outside, they were all wearing boots, outdoor shoes, meaning they're prepared to run. If they've just woken up from bed, then they'd be wearing slippers.

phxntomhiveghoul said:
also, they cut off their ears.

ProofByColor said:
Pretty friggin metal to cut their ears off like that as well.

only Emma cut off her ear.

Geshtinanna said:
Poor Norman, I had a grain of hope and YES! - I was so glad to see him alive and well again!

uhhh, that was a hallucination...

Omni0477 said:
Looks like Mama finally "snapped" and began acting like Sister Krone (albeit temporarily).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:46 PM
Mar 21, 2019 11:36 PM

Jan 2017
W123 said:
One big question - why didn’t the kids just knock Mom unconscious? It’s known that she has a heart sensor that detects if she dies, but surely it won’t trigger if she’s unconscious since heart activity from sleeping/unconscious state is virtually the same ? Plot hole ?

It's impossible. You've seen what Mama could do: she swiftly and cleanly broke the leg of Emma, the most physically fit child of the farm, with little effort. Even with a swarm of children, she couldn't have been properly dealt with; her height, strength, visual perception, and intelligence are immense compared to the orphans.
Mar 21, 2019 11:50 PM

Jun 2015
HorokeuAburame said:
Okay so, I may have missed this (although I don't know how could someone lol) BUT WHERE ARE THE BABIES AND EVERYONE ELSE? Can someone tell me if I missed something? I'm so confused.
This episode was amazing. Norman's plan was just ingenious.

Also
PHIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING ???

u will see it in next ep but if u want spoiler
Mar 22, 2019 12:12 AM

Aug 2012
Daphi said:
what an amazing episode , the part were ray put gasoline over himself was so amazingly done also the music was perfect for when mama realized there was a fire, her expression was gold xD

best episode by far

uninstallthegame said:
Ray pulls out a box full of fuel. has Molotovs ready. wasn't it easy just to give him a machine gun at this point?

nevertheless, i enjoyed the episode. the music in the fire scene was extraordinarily good. and a nice closure at it

he most likely slowly stockpiled lampoil or something
also molotovs are surprisingly easy to make, you could make one in your kitchen tbh
Don't give the guy ideas.

tambi33 said:
Well, that completely f*cked me around. God dammit. Did they actually leave some kids to die, 'cause they weren't carrying all of them; this anime has me too deep, they didn't even confirm its episode total for the longest time -only for them to give us this sort of climax. God.
I'm not even thinking about whether Norman is dead at this moment... cause sh*t just got very real.

From the get go, Ray was my favourite. Still is.

However it was daft of her to leave her ear so conspicuously, ya coulda gamed it a bit more than just leaving in the bucket... like outside or somewhere, or in the nursery.
Apparently Phill is the only one left behind. And they did not carry most. Most just ran. They practoced playing tag. I think the smallest is 4 or 5.

J0seph said:
I almost got tricked that Ray would really kill himself, loved the episode and the directing in it and the music was used well. One episode to go, gonna miss this anime, hoping for an immediate announcement for a second season when this ends.
There will probably be a second season but I would not hope it will be aired so soon.

AivanK said:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
This episode completely compensates the last one!
I was so scared for a second that Ray was going to burn alive but i am glad that Emma saved him!

What a plan! Holy s**! All this time she pretended that she gave up, even Ray wasn't aware of her plan! And i never thought that she would tell everyone

And the whole fire idea! Holy s**! Never thought that she would cut her ear, why didn't she used Ray's device?
So sad that the next episode is the last one :/
Can't wait!
There is only one device. First off the kids were using it and second the dots of her and Ray were supposed to stay put enough for Isabella to be delayed. If you notice Isabella keeps looking at the screen and sees Emma's dot and thinks she is just outside for a few minutes after she already left.

W123 said:
Arcos said:
I wondered myself the entire time where Phil was...when ray got suspicious i knew "oh god fucking damn it you fucking asshole"
I can only hope that jon snow will ascend from the north and KILLS THE BOY

She has high efficent combat training, you saw it in sister krones past. A few 10 year olds are no match for her, and that are the oldest ones. Would have been a way to high risk to attack her if you want to escape with everyone.
Children are weak, sadly this isn't a fighter shounen where they would be able to hold their ground against a pro MMA fighter.

Understandable, but the 3 smartest kids should be able to conjure a plan to knock her unconscious without having to physically assault her. Just find it rather disappointing that the writer didn’t make a reason for this despite giving us the reason for not killer her...
She was beeing extra careful after the previous incident.

Good episode but hope they explain why Phill stayed behind in the next one.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:44 PM
Mar 22, 2019 1:35 AM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:
FuMomo-kun said:
I know Norman is smart, but how on earth did he manage to predict Ray's actions that far into the future? Predictions with proper reasonings are much more thrilling.

Norman saw the gasoline tanks hiding beneath the boards of ray's beds, and combining with what ray said before (as if he's not planning on escaping with them) its easy to predict ray's actions. Plus he grew up with ray. They r practically siblings. They understand how each other would think.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess I make that connection. I just thought Norman predicted Ray's actions because they've always known each other, which is not very good.
Mar 22, 2019 1:45 AM
Nov 2016
Holy shit this episode was amazing, the best episode so far, we finally saw that hot mom getting desperate, I was waiting for this moment, next episode we also going to see the fuzz about that Phil kid, that plan was reckless but it is working so far.

Now the question is, what happened to all the babies? escaping with all the babies is going to be a big BIG problem, sadly the babies are going to hold them back unless they have some adults waiting for them outside. And yeah, seeing the hot mom being outwitted felt satisfying.
Mar 22, 2019 1:55 AM

Jan 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
tambi33 said:
Well, that completely f*cked me around. God dammit. Did they actually leave some kids to die, 'cause they weren't carrying all of them; this anime has me too deep, they didn't even confirm its episode total for the longest time -only for them to give us this sort of climax. God.
I'm not even thinking about whether Norman is dead at this moment... cause sh*t just got very real.

From the get go, Ray was my favourite. Still is.

However it was daft of her to leave her ear so conspicuously, ya coulda gamed it a bit more than just leaving in the bucket... like outside or somewhere, or in the nursery.
Apparently Phill is the only one left behind. And they did not carry most. Most just ran. They practoced playing tag. I think the smallest is 4 or 5.

There were a number of newborns, do did they make the decision to leave some behind?

Pyoung said:
What did MAMA mean when she said "What were those children... Wearing on their feet" ??

I thought it was fairly simple, but if ya missed it:
Were they wearing their outdoor or indoor footwear

uninstallthegame said:
Ray pulls out a box full of fuel. has Molotovs ready. wasn't it easy just to give him a machine gun at this point?

nevertheless, i enjoyed the episode. the music in the fire scene was extraordinarily good. and a nice closure at it

To be fair, molotovs are the weapons of rioters since you can make it from any highly flammable source -including alcohol, so the cocktails bears slight reference to that (as well as its use in a glass bottle)

DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:42 PM
Mar 22, 2019 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
tambi33 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Apparently Phill is the only one left behind. And they did not carry most. Most just ran. They practiced playing tag. I think the smallest is 4 or 5.

There were a number of newborns, do did they make the decision to leave some behind?
I personally did not see any newborns . If you mean those Mom tucked to sleep they were small kids but not newborns. Based on Ray recollections I think the newborns are kept separately at least until they are 3. As far as I can see based on the scenes (I am anime only) the only one that is left behind is Phil and I hope this will be explained in the next episode. Also based on Emma character I would say no.

tambi33 said:
Pyoung said:

Yeah, I think is harder to notice since in Europe there are not similar rules. Some chambers you take off your shows some you do not, but there is generally nothing like having indoor and outdoor shoes. The whole thing I see in anime with school kids leaving their shoes in a locker at school to get others while in school never happens in Europe. We just have a small mat or something similar to get rid of the excess dirt.

tambi33 said:
uninstallthegame said:

To be fair, molotovs are the weapons of rioters since you can make it from any highly flammable source -including alcohol, so the cocktails bears slight reference to that (as well as its use in a glass bottle)
Yeah just put some flamable stuff in a bottle and use an old rag to make a fuse. I wonder if it would work with a plastic bottle. I see less and less glass bottles.

DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:42 PM
Mar 22, 2019 2:20 AM

Jan 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
tambi33 said:

Yeah, I think is harder to notice since in Europe there are not similar rules. Some chambers you take off your shows some you do not, but there is generally nothing like having indoor and outdoor shoes. The whole thing I see in anime with school kids leaving their shoes in a locker at school to get others while in school never happens in Europe. We just have a small mat or something similar to get rid of the excess dirt.

Oh sh*t, sorry.
Cz I'm Asian, I was like "ah, i get that"
I shoulda elaborated a bit and said the "Asian tropes about footwear"

nightcrawlercyp said:
tambi33 said:

I personally did not see any newborns . If you mean those Mom tucked to sleep they were small kids but not newborns. Based on Ray recollections I think the newborns are kept separately at least until they are 3. As far as I can see based on the scenes (I am anime only) the only one that is left behind is Phil and I hope this will be explained in the next episode. Also based on Emma character I would say no.

I mean, they're still in cots, fairly small

Mod Edit: Merged because of a removed post.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:41 PM
Mar 22, 2019 2:24 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Oh god, Phil is so precious. I always want to hug him!

Great episode, can't wait for next week. I can say for sure that this anime is my favorite of the season.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Mar 22, 2019 2:45 AM

Sep 2015
They either forgot about Phil and have to come back for him or sacrificed him. I honestly don't think Emma would do the latter... Next ep is going to be interesting to say the least.

Mar 22, 2019 2:51 AM

Mar 2015
I'm gonna assume that the house already had lighter fluid, and Ray didn't ask for it. No way Mama would've given him that.

Also goddamit Phil
Mar 22, 2019 3:23 AM
Oct 2018
'Nice Catch'-Was that a motherfuckin JoJo's referenc?!
Mar 22, 2019 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
tambi33 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I mean, they're still in cots, fairly small
Yes but they can run and have a lot of energy... at least normal kids that are not on ritalin do.
Mar 22, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2017
What an amazing episode! That fire scene was just awesome, shit's about to go down mate, can't wait for the next one!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 22, 2019 4:08 AM

Feb 2014
The moment I was waiting for when Emma turned the tables on Ray and Mama. What a dramatic turn of events. Phil is the MOE today.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 22, 2019 4:21 AM

May 2012
Oh my, Phil and here I was wondering where he is when the kids were escaping... But I already have this suspicious feeling about him before because he seems different from the others....grrrr... must stop the urge to read the manga :(
Mar 22, 2019 4:25 AM

Dec 2017
That. Was. Incredible.
This show is absolutely awesome! Nothing more to say here, just AWESOME <3

rebelakuma said:
must stop the urge to read the manga :(

Me too, ever since this show began. I'm planning to wait for the last episode and then pick up the manga directly after that - I can't possibly wait for a second season - that would totally kill me!
Mar 22, 2019 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode. Can't wait for the next one.

Mar 22, 2019 5:11 AM

Aug 2016
Why chop ear instead of using Ray device?
Mar 22, 2019 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
SilentNox said:

Because mama would notice. What's more, they would not be able to fake Ray's position.
Mar 22, 2019 5:35 AM

Jul 2016
SilentNox said:

Because they needed to fake their positions.

My real question is what the hell is Phil up to...
Mar 22, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2016
Ray was supposed to burn, so the tracking beacon should have burned with him as well.
Anyway, seems like a rushed decision. Blood loss from cut ear should be pretty severe.
Mar 22, 2019 6:18 AM
Mar 2019
i have a strong feeling phil is not going to make it :(
I have unpopular opinions
Mar 22, 2019 7:06 AM

Jan 2011
Now that was satisfying to see.
Mar 22, 2019 7:19 AM

Jun 2013
There's only one more episode left! I just finished reading the latest chapter, I am going to reread it from the beginning again.

I love watching Anime only reactions on YouTube sometimes, depending on the series. I liked how they reacted to the last scene with Phil.

Phil is this season's best baby boy. I still love that scene from Episode 10 when he hugged Emma while she was acting all depressed.

SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!
臭い-
Mar 22, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
SilentNox said:
Ray was supposed to burn, so the tracking beacon should have burned with him as well.
Anyway, seems like a rushed decision. Blood loss from cut ear should be pretty severe.
Not really. The ear does not have major blood arteries from what I know and as someone that had both broken nose and ear the wound closes pretty fast. The first minutes you feel like is a major blood loss but is not. It stll hurts like hell but I guess is better than everyone getting eaten.
Mar 22, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2018
Haha, so that's why the OP song is all about fire. Nice reference.

I held myself back with the manga to watch the anime version first. Watched it and got so excited that I read through the next three chapters to know what's going to happen at the finale. It will be a satisfying conclusion to the anime series, that much I can guarantee.^^

Ep 11 itself was better than most episodes before. If I might nitpick then I would've liked it better when the story would abort that cliffhanger in the middle (where the watcher must assume that Ray burned himself to death) and just go a chronological way, that short time deception for the watcher/reader is so unneeded.
And as a poster on page 1 already mentioned, the scene where Emma looks through the photos is somewhat more emotional in the manga version, I give you that. ;)

Other than that, a damn fine episode which gets you pumped up for the finale.

Tiande said:
This is how Phil looks like at the end of the episode in the manga. And here I was looking forward to see this part adapted accurately :D

Hm, it depends. I myself thought that grin was weird considering their freaking house is burning down right now. So the anime probably went that way and simply animated the beginning of the next manga chapter, where Phil has in fact a serious look in his face. It's more believeable, don't you think?^^
Mar 22, 2019 9:47 AM

Dec 2017
It is always so satisfying to see a plan unfold with all the small step they had to make to prepare for the escape.

Leaving some small kid behind is reasonable. They maybe able to run that night, but in the long term they will just slow others down. Emma doesnt know what face them behind the wall and whether they can take care of small children or not. Escaping from the house is just the first step. I wonder what are waiting for them out there.

Oh and stay at the house is not that bad for small kid, they can survive for a few years under good care before being harvested. I think Emma will certainly come back to save them. And House is not the only farm anyway.

I wonder if Phil know about the escape or not, or just naturally hold on to Mama scared of the fire or something.
Mar 22, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2016
great episode, i like how they really give the same vibe as the manga
Mar 22, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
HAHAHAHA I laughed at the end when I saw that kid. I knew it was Phil xD

But it's sad tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Gaichi said:
Phil, noooooo! D: help him!

F in chat for Phil.
Mar 22, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Yay for the new Hulu subscription I got, and that Hulu doesn't have any ads when you pay for their service anymore(Not that anyone cares).

About this episode and the last. As good as the payoffs are, the twists of getting there comes out of nowhere. The only foreshadowing of the other children knowing is from Emma asking Norman if the other children should know(with a mysterious cut off of a response). Furthermore, the whole secret plan thing as far as I can tell didn't even have any foreshadowing(but please correct me if I'm wrong). Neverland has an awful habit of forcing in whatever twist it wants without explaining anything(which in my opinion is one of the show's biggest flaw).

However, the build-up to those payoffs is great. In this case, you had a lot of screen time of the characters just mopping around with effective facial expressions of depression(with bags under their eyes and just plainly colored eyes(with little to no reflections)). What also helps is how they are a variety of responses from Emma's mopping. For instance, we got to see the mom confront Emma yet again, about giving up and becoming a mother herself(which was foreshadowed as episode 7 told us the requirements for becoming a mother). Additionally, we also got to see Don's and Gilda's reaction to Ray giving up. This among other scenes, thankfully made sitting through the mopping entertaining.

This episode, overall, was a great payoff to the last as episode 9 pretty much made it clear of how impossible the odds are(by establishing that their one mode of escape was out of the question), so the fact that they outsmarted the mom was satisfying. I probably should also talk about Ray's suicide thing as well. That was also effective, but again, that was for the idea and the presentation, not the actual character. The idea was that Ray had to watch several other children die due to the hopelessness of the situation(which is something Emma brought up in episode 6) and that utter hatred of that made his breakdown over it quite emotional. Oh, and Norman's implied send-off was way better than Sister Krone's, we got to see him reminiscing over one of his fond memories of Emma. Though, his reasoning for his love for Emma is her flaws(as right before he was about to die he list all of her flaws and honesty with the implied follow up of "I love you"). Which was implied during the flashback and his smile in episode 6 of Emma's recklessness.

Ah, I also have a small nitpick, why did the mother act exactly like Sister Krone at the end of the episode? I loved how the best character had her own unique set of presentation and overall over the top insane personality, so giving it to the mom(who was shown beforehand to be the complete opposite) was a bad decison.
removed-userMar 22, 2019 11:03 AM
Mar 22, 2019 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Ray was going crazy all by himself over the years.

That escape plan was fire!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 22, 2019 11:14 AM

Jun 2016
I was laughing my butt off to the ridiculously cool nature of the escape.
But, a major appeal to me, was that even when the characters bored me that the plot was still engaging. The reason was because there are all these moments where we hear the plans and speculate on what's going on with the kids. In the early episodes I made a map of the place and wrote down the problems they have and the approaches they could take and took to attempt an escape. Yet this episode showed that behind the scenes we had Emma and Norman planning to convince all the kids (I know that scene cut before it dropped that) and then the two had Don, Gilda, and them listen in on Krone. Further, we had a time skip where the real plan was initiated, one we had no part in as an audience. It was like everything important to the real escape was held from the audience. As if they had a puzzle they wanted us to solve, which can easily be seen with all problems and plans being stated by the characters, and then they decided to keep the crucial pieces hidden for a flashback later and told us to solve it. Then showed us the solution using the missing pieces. I don't think any information was withheld this seriously before this, nor did it prepare me for that kind of thing. And like I said, for me the appeal of this anime when the characters became plot-device-esque without much care about them or who they were as individuals, which was imo ep 4-8, was following along with the plot like I was a kid with them trying to escape. I feel robbed, or disrespected, or something bad from this episode, like the only thing I was actually enjoying was fake and the crucial parts were just hidden from my sight to keep me coming back every time.

Ultimately, this feels lazy and kind of offensive to me. Ray trying to burn himself to spite mom and let the others get out was awesome, but everything else that happened really made me mad. I don't watch this kind of show to see this kind of thing. When it’s all about putting everything out in the open and speculating, to hide so many crucial moments and then time skip to a plan we didn't know about commencing was not satisfying. If we openly saw those parts leading up to this with less of what we saw eps 4-8 I think the escape would have been awesome. Like something we'd been preparing. Instead it felt boring and frustrating to me. I normally write nice posts and like things but I was just so taken aback by this I had to rant a little. The goal was to escape and now the major plays of escaping have happened and we didn't even see them taking place.

I liked the absurdity of the escape but I didn't like that we were in Ray/Isabella's shoes where we didn't have a clue what was happening when the appeal of the plot was that we did and we saw every inch made towards the ultimate goal, escaping.

And now we see why Phil was so important. Fight mom to save Phil or leave him behind, omg! I guess Norman made a bridge contraption somehow... Either way rant done, obviously I was harsh and if you didn't care for the things I cared for I can understand not agreeing with it at all.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsMar 22, 2019 11:17 AM
Mar 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
ArrRti said:

Tiande said:
This is how Phil looks like at the end of the episode in the manga. And here I was looking forward to see this part adapted accurately :D

Hm, it depends. I myself thought that grin was weird considering their freaking house is burning down right now. So the anime probably went that way and simply animated the beginning of the next manga chapter, where Phil has in fact a serious look in his face. It's more believeable, don't you think?^^

Yeah it's weird but it adds up a closing curtain to the chapter in a way imo. Otherwise, I wonder why the editor allowed that part in the manga in the first place, comedy ? Unsettling mood ?
Mar 22, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs

"I don't think any information was withheld this seriously before this, nor did it prepare me for that kind of thing."

I disagree, this problem was all over the show beforehand. Episode 8, had the mother just magically know everything for the sake of the plot, and the fact she broke Emma's leg mislead the viewer into thinking the wall was a feasible route of escape. Episode 6, had Norman set off a plan like this one where everything was off-screen.

From my post on Episode 6:
"The way Norman found out about Ray being the traitor is by wondering "hey wouldn't it be inconvenient if Ray was the enemy on mother's side?" off screen then set up a trap which the audience once again wasn't clued into. This seems like just lazy writing to me."
removed-userMar 22, 2019 11:38 AM
Mar 22, 2019 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
@Peaceful_Critic
That is fair. If I was watching this daily rather than weekly I would have probably picked up on it more. I just at times assumed "I must have forgotten something" or the likes but this was the breaking point for me.

However, I think Norman bluffing Ray to reveal he was the traitor was cool. That very thought that it would be inconvenient is why he made that bluff. If he didn't make sure that Ray wasn't the traitor then they were in for a lot of trouble. Further, it was Norman doing something himself and we were clued in on Ray being the one who told mom because we saw his skin tone as he walked to the door, not Don's who Ray was blaming. I suppose since Norman did it all on his own I was more okay with it especially since when it occured all the foreshadowing clicked and it was only an episode thing, not something that happened over a large part of the series in the background.

Nonetheless you have a good point I suppose there were warning signs and this was just when it got unignorable for me.

Edit: I used bluff instead of tricking my bad!
Mar 22, 2019 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
Where are the babies btw.......???
Mar 22, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs
Nah, bluffing works too, his lie of "I told Don this" is what revealed Ray as the traitor.

"Further, it was Norman doing something himself and we were clued in on Ray being the one who told mom because we saw his skin tone as he walked to the door, not Don's who Ray was blaming. "
Ray didn't have a distinct enough skin tone to figure the plan out based on his skin alone. He was just slightly tanner than the rest, though, you are right it does erase Don as a suspect.

"I was more okay with it especially since when it occured all the foreshadowing clicked and it was only an episode thing, not something that happened over a large part of the series in the background."
I do agree, that this episode had the problem more severely than the others as well. However, honestly, I liked the rest of your comment, I just disagreed with that part.
removed-userMar 22, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 22, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
Norman came up with the whole escape plan. Wow. I knew his death(probably) wasn't going to be so anticlimactic. Damn boy. He knew Ray was going to kill himself and came up with the whole plan.
Emma has more guts now. They all managed to put the escape plan in motion too. But Phil? What is he doing with Isabella goddamn it.
Mar 22, 2019 12:08 PM

Jun 2016
@Peaceful_Critic I'm glad you brought it up because it made it clear I had missed some of the warning signs that this may happen. :)
Mar 22, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2017
This episode was fucking awesome. This anime was all about the buildup and I loved it. That last scene with Mom was terrifying too. I wonder if Emma is finally gonna let go of her ideal of saving everyone so that they can escape.
Mar 22, 2019 1:52 PM

Feb 2015
ttcchen said:
Didn't expect them to cut off the episode at that point but it makes sense i guess.

Im glad they added in at least some flashbacks, which are truly needed for this episode and if they don't add them like usual they are dumbasses.

Ray's faces during the fire scene are too crazy. Anime exaggerated. In the manga it wasn't that insane. Mama's face too in the end. Like Sister Krone they r making her look like a retarded psychopath (like why stand there and talk to yourself when u could be chasing after the kids?)

Phil is cute as usual. Some of the flashbacks are lazy though. They just reused scenes without editing them, like norman find out what Ray's hiding. They showed the same scene instead of allowing us to actually SEE the gasoline tanks hidden under the board. And some scenes are just still images with character mouth moving. Also, Ray's face when he poured gasoline on himself doesn't match the expression he's making. I thought killua's VA would know how to sound crazy.

The timing for the fire doesn't match. Ray lit himself on fire a few seconds after clock strikes 12. And then emma stops him and the kids came in and talk all that stuff took at LEAST 5 min. But mama sees the clock strike 12 and then immediately emma screams. Maybe the kids changed the time on the clock idk but this wasn't in the manga so i hope this isn't an animation bug.

Also, just remembered the album scene in this episode SUCKS. It didn't make me tear up like the manga did. That image of emma and norman just looks dull and boring. And in the manga there r other pictures too.

I really hope they don't fuck up the last episode. Also despite my complaints i still rated this eps a 5/5 of pure enjoyment!

Thanks, we all admit to read the manga of the really GOOD shows instead. I can call this episode review here above absolute art.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 2:00 PM
Mar 22, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Please be sure to hide spoilers from the manga or the next episode in spoiler tags. Furthermore, please do not ask where to watch the episode or provide links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.