Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like this episode is going by the title '140146'.

Hmm...and it seems Ray and Emma are major highlights of this episode. Emotions are running high for Emma though. She and Ray had some pretty tense moments with the escape being imminent. Norman again proves to be a genius.

But I'm glad they reunited again. It's obvious this arc is more of the actual planning rather than escaping by this point. Next episode should be pretty interesting.
Stark700Mar 21, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2017
Emma and Norman's plan is amazing. She and Ray cut off their ear...I'm guessing that must have hurt! It seems that Phil came back with Mama.

1 episode left. Can't wait.
NurguburuMar 21, 2019 9:40 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 21, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2017
HOLY FUCK! WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! PHIL IS LITERALLY THE GOAT. But seriously this show is amazing and I still have no idea how he fits into anything or whats gonna happen for the last episode next week.
Mar 21, 2019 11:57 AM

Feb 2018
I'm still surprised Mama can't hear when they are shouting about how to escape just rooms away :P

Mod Edit: Please refrain from posting link to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:59 PM
Mar 21, 2019 11:58 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Cue "Soko ni FIRE" from the OP

Time for the escape to commence! Ray went full madman-mode when he tried to kill himself. Truly fitting of his emo look. Ray's VA was on-point too.Emma really told Ray about the plan last second, huh? Failed to catch that match, and they'd both die, lol.

But the tactic's pretty clever and things are going according to plan. This time, Mama got duped for real. And it seems like Emma made the choice to not bring everyone along.

This is pretty much the payoff episode of the season, and it was pretty well-handled. Lit episode overall...
GoldenDevilGamerMar 21, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 21, 2019 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
Isabella and Ray were finally outsmarted. Really great episode which brought a lot of hype for the finale.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2019 12:04 PM
May 2017
K_Ali_K said:
HOLY FUCK! WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! PHIL IS LITERALLY THE GOAT. But seriously this show is amazing and I still have no idea how he fits into anything or whats gonna happen for the last episode next week.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:53 PM
Mar 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
Man, this show is killing me...

I loved Ray being a complete madman. Emma's wit. And dare I even mention Phil? Who is this child??

Honestly, the VAs did another wonderful job this episode. I thought the animation was a little dodgy at one point, but this was really, really minor and didn't ruin anything about the episode for me.

I can't believe there's only one episode left. Oh, boy...

Dec 2017
Ray pulls out a box full of fuel. has Molotovs ready. wasn't it easy just to give him a machine gun at this point?

nevertheless, i enjoyed the episode. the music in the fire scene was extraordinarily good. and a nice closure at it

Jan 2018
This is an amazing plan, it's really working so well! Next episode is going to be them escaping and Isabella after them, I think... I still do think a few won't make it. That part at the end with Phil, I've always been suspicious but I'm not sure what's up with him. Anyway, this episode felt like 5 minutes, amazing as always.
Mar 21, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
The way how it ended. Oh dear. Do not know what to expect now. But will they all escape? Guess we find out in the last episode next week!
Mar 21, 2019 12:10 PM

Nov 2014
Didn't expect them to cut off the episode at that point but it makes sense i guess.

Im glad they added in at least some flashbacks, which are truly needed for this episode and if they don't add them like usual they are dumbasses.

Ray's faces during the fire scene are too crazy. Anime exaggerated. In the manga it wasn't that insane. Mama's face too in the end. Like Sister Krone they r making her look like a retarded psychopath (like why stand there and talk to yourself when u could be chasing after the kids?)

Phil is cute as usual. Some of the flashbacks are lazy though. They just reused scenes without editing them, like norman find out what Ray's hiding. They showed the same scene instead of allowing us to actually SEE the gasoline tanks hidden under the board. And some scenes are just still images with character mouth moving. Also, Ray's face when he poured gasoline on himself doesn't match the expression he's making. I thought killua's VA would know how to sound crazy.

The timing for the fire doesn't match. Ray lit himself on fire a few seconds after clock strikes 12. And then emma stops him and the kids came in and talk all that stuff took at LEAST 5 min. But mama sees the clock strike 12 and then immediately emma screams. Maybe the kids changed the time on the clock idk but this wasn't in the manga so i hope this isn't an animation bug.

Also, just remembered the album scene in this episode SUCKS. It didn't make me tear up like the manga did. That image of emma and norman just looks dull and boring. And in the manga there r other pictures too.

I really hope they don't fuck up the last episode. Also despite my complaints i still rated this eps a 5/5 of pure enjoyment!

Slores said:
I'm still surprised Mama can't hear when they are shouting about how to escape just rooms away :P

They weren't shouting and she was pretty far away. You see how even right outside the door we don't hear the fire roaring until she opens the door. So it's quite soundproof to a point.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags to the two pictures. Please hide manga spoilers and put large pictures in spoiler tags.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:53 PM
Mar 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2016
Phil is the GOAT because of this episode.
Mar 21, 2019 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, changed my probable rating (after it's finished airing) from an 8 to a 9. Can't wait for next week's episode :D
Mar 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
Phil, noooooo! D: help him!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 21, 2019 12:19 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:
Ray pulls out a box full of fuel. has Molotovs ready. wasn't it easy just to give him a machine gun at this point?
It's funny you brought up a machine gun
Mar 21, 2019 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
outstanding move, ray & emma ;)
this episode is intense, not a second of it is bad or wasted, im hooked i demand season 2
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Mar 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Feb 2018
Isabella got bamboozled
Mar 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
I could not help but think to myself that the opening song was made specifically as a reference to this particular episode.
Mar 21, 2019 12:28 PM

Feb 2018
The time has finally arrived! It's all led up to this and it is intense!

Ray's crazed expression was really good, then the reveal of what actually happened when the fire started.. Norman once again proves he's a genius. For a second I really thought Ray was going to die.

I was shocked when I saw that severed ear! They are not messing around!

The flashbacks proved to show even more of Normans genius, and I'm glad all the kids were on board. Did they disable all of their trackers with the makeshift tazer though? They're at the wall, and they plan to climb it, but they can only make it out over the bridge right? I'm guessing they plan to run along the wall until they get to the bridge and try to descend from the outside.

Mom's crazed expressions were pretty great too, although she could be using that time to chase them, whatever. OH HI PHIL! At first I thought they forgot him but this has to be part of the plan to distract Mom. Perhaps Phil will lead her in the wrong direction.

This finale can't come soon enough! I hope they all make it out alright. I can't wait to see what's out there.
Mar 21, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The plan of Norman is getting a success thanks to Emma and the kids. Ray plan to burn himself buy Emma stop him. Ray surprised that more kids know the secret and the plan. Love the flashback of their plans. And Ray, Emma and the kids cut their other ears is nice touch to outwit the Mama. And that end MVP Phil hes time to shine. Overall great episode with nice OST and adaption of this part of the manga.

Mar 21, 2019 12:32 PM

Sep 2018
Well this episode sure was fire... :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 21, 2019 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
OMFG... my mind is blown! That whole plan was pure genius! I still miss Norman though.

Also, what the hell is Phil doing there?! Why didn't he go with the rest? He's smart enough to know what it means to be left behind.
Mar 21, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
This anime is pure madness! Intense episode as always! One episode left... Let the Hunger Games begin! X)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
Holy shit this was good and the ending.... fuck me dude... I haven't seen an anime that hides everything till the last second so well and then executes it as brilliantly as Yakusoku no Neverland does.
Mar 21, 2019 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
Now I'm wondering how they will close this.
Either way, the ending is going to be extremely open by the look of it. I hope the Manga ends soon so they can release more than just 12 episodes on a second season (if there is) because 12 would be way too short for what's to come.

Other than that. This episode was on fire... literally, please bring the fire fighters!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was intense, I loved how it all came together. For a moment there it got me worried about Ray, but Norman's plan was pure genius. I do wonder why Phil was at the house still, he's a smart kid so I wonder what's up with that. I guess we'll find out.
Mar 21, 2019 12:55 PM
Oct 2014
So the demons only want to eat their brains ??
Mar 21, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
uninstallthegame said:
It's funny you brought up a machine gun

ok, what?
lmao, this is some funny stuff

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:49 PM
Mar 21, 2019 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
Phil is likely gonna snitch, imo.

And I'm no manga reader, btw.
Mar 21, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
how did the other kids get rid of the tracking device? was it the device ray invented using the camera parts? i'm confused
Mar 21, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2016
The scene where Ray tried to die had no tension at all because I knew he'd live, just like I know Norman is still alive.

I know Norman is smart, but how on earth did he manage to predict Ray's actions that far into the future? Predictions with proper reasonings are much more thrilling.

Two characters cut their ears. Hope they used anesthetics like sister Krone had said. It's still going to hurt horribly later.

There is always that kid who ruins the plan. Hope this anime isn't doing something that cheap.
Mar 21, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
Okay, so the first episode was just utterly amazing, then it slowly slipped in quality to the point where I was pretty disappointed, and these past few episodes managed to make me forget how I was disappointed by the earlier episodes. This episode is literally fire.

I ended up loving this show a lot, maybe my 2nd or 3rd favorite this season.

5/5
Mar 21, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2018
PHILLIP WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Mar 21, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2018
Holy shit i blinked once and it was already over , Ray and Norman going all out trying to save each other , ALSO Phil doesn't seem normal at all .
Mar 21, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
This is how Phil looks like at the end of the episode in the manga. And here I was looking forward to see this part adapted accurately :D

Mar 21, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
I know Norman is smart, but how on earth did he manage to predict Ray's actions that far into the future? Predictions with proper reasonings are much more thrilling.

Norman saw the gasoline tanks hiding beneath the boards of ray's beds, and combining with what ray said before (as if he's not planning on escaping with them) its easy to predict ray's actions. Plus he grew up with ray. They r practically siblings. They understand how each other would think.
Mar 21, 2019 1:34 PM

Jan 2019
Norman: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) all according to keikaku
Mar 21, 2019 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
It took a while, but it's finally happening! They are escaping! I just love the moment when the gears start to turn, it's now or never. Norman is gone, but he had the situation, and even Ray's suicidal plan, under control. I'm impressed with how thorough their preparation has been, it really feels like they have a big, deserved chance of succeeding. Now I just want to know why Phil stayed behind.

Ray realized that someone is missing, but he was out of the loop so this must be part of Emma/Norman's plan and Phil has a role to fulfill before joining them at some point or something. I don't think the boy who was here and there throughout the season would be left behind by Emma or out of the loop. I just hope he isn't a traitor or something, but I doubt this is the case. Well, the last episode of the season, just like part of this one, is going to be "lit"! lol
Mar 21, 2019 1:44 PM
Oct 2017
And so it begins :3
Although they skipped some parts it's all right. I hope they don't mess up the finale.
Mar 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Jan 2019
what an amazing episode , the part were ray put gasoline over himself was so amazingly done also the music was perfect for when mama realized there was a fire, her expression was gold xD

best episode by far

uninstallthegame said:

nevertheless, i enjoyed the episode. the music in the fire scene was extraordinarily good. and a nice closure at it

he most likely slowly stockpiled lampoil or something
also molotovs are surprisingly easy to make, you could make one in your kitchen tbh
DenkiDestroy99XMar 21, 2019 1:48 PM
Mar 21, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
Now I see why they say "fire" in the opening...

What an episode, this was so great. The escape plan in the end was still in motion thanks to Norman and Emma by keeping it quiet from Ray, pulled it off quite brilliantly... From using Ray's plan to their own advantage by not letting Ray kill himself, to the months of preporation from all the others. I love how Krone was actually the one who told some of the kids what's going on. Seems like they are making it work to escape with everyone.... however, what's Phillip doing?? OH dear this is gonna be a lit final episode, can't wait!
Mar 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Aug 2018
This anime is Vincent Van Gogh approved.

Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 21, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2018
Ok, so Isabella got punked, by Emma and ray, but Phil is left behind, so that last episode ought not tell us that Emma and Ray would go back to get Phil or that they're plan failed.

ya know this series ought titled "Escaping Never land."
Mar 21, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
Timz0r said:
This anime is Vincent Van Gogh approved.

Yikes, I see what you did there! As a dutchy, I approve of this reference!
Mar 21, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
I WAS WAITING FOR THIS PART TO BE ADAPTED. Not perfect and maybe different than what I had in mind, but still very exciting! I believe the newcomers are gonna scream watching this ep lmao

As expected they had to skip a few things (as they've done in the past episodes since they are trying to adapt a almost 40 chapter arc in a 12-long anime), but it was good nevertheless.

I would recommend the newcomers that are a bit confused to check the manga, where everything is properly explained.
Mar 21, 2019 1:57 PM
Apr 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, so Isabella got punked, by Emma and ray, but Phil is left behind, so that last episode ought not tell us that Emma and Ray would go back to get Phil or that they're plan failed.

ya know this series ought titled "Escaping Never land."
HsiuqsYgnops said:
PHIL IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE.

I'm assuming there is a reason they left phil behind. It would be a shame if they forgot about him since the only kids that have more screen time than him are don and gilda.

I have my slight belief that Phil got so angry at Mom he is going to stab her in the leg or something to make sure she does not get a chance of catching the kids... OR he is actually fine with what he has been told and deliberately stayed behind to be a hostage. And I don't know which is worse.
Re:formed
Mar 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
Okay so, I may have missed this (although I don't know how could someone lol) BUT WHERE ARE THE BABIES AND EVERYONE ELSE? Can someone tell me if I missed something? I'm so confused.
This episode was amazing. Norman's plan was just ingenious.

Also
PHIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING ???
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Mar 21, 2019 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
Yasuhiro- said:
Wow, Norman is super intelligent. Everything is so unexpected in this ep. Ray is still in awe. It's right to hide things from Ray cuz it won't be possible to convince him. Can't blame him though, he's suffering alone for so long, turn to the hardcore yandere. His expression at fire scene outshine actually, so determined to protect his friends to the end. There are so many awe moments and feel like this ep was only 8 or 10 mins. Really Like Emma in this ep. So, next ep is the season finale. We gonna miss that amazing show.

Careful though I believe it is important to understand Rays reasoning. He does not explicitly do that for the sake of his friends, his main motivation throughout his whole life is to get back at the demons who dared to label him as a merchandise. By self-immolating he was going to first ruin their system, if only as much as he can do so.
Re:formed
Mar 21, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2018
This episode hyped me as much as the 1st episode did. Brilliant episode. I always see manga readers complaining but I don't have any issues with this adaptation.

Is there a chance of a second season?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 22, 2019 1:48 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.