Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, Kirill evolved so much in this show. Compared to the goofball he was during his debut, he's able to take big risks and deal with a dangerous criminal in the finale. And his enemy is no joke...with that boosted power.

We also got the other SEVEN-O members joining in the fun so it was more of a united attack. I love how Doug came back and revealed the trap they've set. Clever. Cooper is probably the most despicable antagonist I've seen in this show. Looks like the story in general continues with SEVEN-O afterwards so it kinda leaves more of an open end. "This is Seven-O"!

Oh well, I thought it was still quite a ride. This series' finale lived up to my expectations for sure. Maybe we can get some continuation? Continued?
Dec 23, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2017
It's over. The final fight was nice, I guess. Some episodes feel a bit random.

5/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2018 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
Baited and outsmarted.

This last episode could be a solid TL;DR of the series with the solid action and all the comedy and wtf moments it gave us, I laughed hard when Doug tried to have an heroic death for a explosion to send hkm flying to the helicopter.

7/10 from my part, that was a fun watch, let's see if we get a second season as all the final part seemed to hint.
Dec 23, 2018 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
My feelings for this one was whatever at first but then after a couple episodes, I loved it. I hope it gets another season!!
Dec 23, 2018 8:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fairly good ending to a worthwhile and enjoyable series!

Kirill and Doug’s partnership yet again is just a delight to watch! All the other members of Seven-O chipping in their own ways against the formidable Cooper was amusing to see! Cooper, meanwhile, took the biggest L you’d ever imagine, whoo what a plan that was from Seven-O though! I couldn’t help but snort seeing Doug trying to hold back his laughter after that lie though, he really likes to play around with his ‘sidekick’ xD. Best and most efficient to oust out a person of Cooper’s position is to provide live footage and that’s exactly what they conspired, great thinking! Milla even managed to give a decisive blow at the beginning and the return of Yuri was gratifying to see. Speaking of Yuri though, her situation was just hilarious! Who would’ve thought it’d be a duplicate of hers? Damn, so that’s why Travis spilled his tea lol, I was completely convinced by what Deana said earlier during that particular scene. Lots of frequent 3D Animation in this episode too and the drastic change between 2D and 3D was still somewhat of a downer, but nothing too much of a biggie tbf.

Good to see Seven-O still around and well, Anthem unsurprisingly is still hot news for terrorists nevertheless! Zabel returning to kill Cooper for wasting food was admirable but I wished we could’ve gotten a little more out of that just for closure. Meanwhile, it seems as though the other planet inhabitants are preparing for another scoop on Earth. Really ominous feeling though when they mentioned that Cooper was the weakest among all of the super agents there, and the “to be continued ?” better not be a joke!
Studio Sunrise has yet to give Accel World Season 2 as well, so please just give it already and also a Season 2 of this!

All in all, this was a very entertaining show! Last couple of episodes or so became a little too ridiculous when mentioning the reasonings behind the second sun and such, but I’m glad the end product, this finale episode in other words, wasn’t half-bad, I really wish it wouldn’t have strayed to this path though because there was no doubt a lot of potential for the show by the 9th/10th episode or so. Keeping this aside, the Comedy and the Characters of the show were truly the gem of this story and it’s always a pleasure to have a show like this!

-> Overall: Relatively good, 7/10.
_MushiRock11_Dec 29, 2018 10:15 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2016
Man, this series is really underrated. I'll miss this anime, and hope to see a second season, for D&D but also for Tiger and Bunny.
Also, I'll miss the ending song.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 23, 2018 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
This episode broke my little heart. It seems that if fans support the show, there just might be a second season. God I wish there was a way I could actually support this show.
Dec 23, 2018 2:11 PM

Apr 2009
This was kinda of a trainwreck and blatantly rushed, but also really enjoyable, mostly because of the cast, which was really fun and diverse.

I'm glad Yuri lived, yay! Though, I feel bad for the clone, she basically existed to be killed lol. I guess her "sister" still remember her with that pendant, at least.

Dec 23, 2018 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
I loved it. It needs a second season, just 12 episodes will be fine.
Dec 23, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was too fun! I can't believe they actually managed to tie in the plot like that.

I was right about Doug. He was alive.

The significance of the spilled coffee scene and the spare Yuri information was too great. I really love Travis.

Kirill and the narrator just can't seem to agree with one another. hahaha!

Zabel doesn't want you to waste your food.

Kirill so casually talked about the background music playing and all. I really love him too.

Just when they made it look like Doug would die a tragic death in the explosion, he uses that explosion and plot armour to save himself. That made me cluelessly stare at my screen for a while and then burst out laughing.

The end was so random. I really hope we get a second season. We still don't know how Kirill and Derrick met.
Dec 23, 2018 6:38 PM

Feb 2016
It was fun while it lasted. It had the potential to be way more tho.

5/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 24, 2018 6:28 AM

Aug 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
This episode was too fun! I can't believe they actually managed to tie in the plot like that.

I was right about Doug. He was alive.

The significance of the spilled coffee scene and the spare Yuri information was too great. I really love Travis.

Kirill and the narrator just can't seem to agree with one another. hahaha!

Zabel doesn't want you to waste your food.

Kirill so casually talked about the background music playing and all. I really love him too.

Just when they made it look like Doug would die a tragic death in the explosion, he uses that explosion and plot armour to save himself. That made me cluelessly stare at my screen for a while and then burst out laughing.

The end was so random. I really hope we get a second season. We still don't know how Kirill and Derrick met.

Don't think it will get a second series, but it is getting three bonus episodes.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 24, 2018 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
JokerVentura said:

Don't think it will get a second series, but it is getting three bonus episodes.

Where did you hear that. I would prefer a second season and they could have plenty of material for a whole season, but 3 bonus episodes is better than nothing.
"I hate to lose more than I like to win, the only reason I like to win is so I do not have to lose." - Manti Teo
Dec 24, 2018 8:41 AM

Aug 2016
light333 said:
JokerVentura said:

Where did you hear that. I would prefer a second season and they could have plenty of material for a whole season, but 3 bonus episodes is better than nothing.

Anime News Network

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-24/double-decker-doug-and-kirill-anime-gets-3-episode-extra-story/.141264
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 24, 2018 10:42 PM
Mar 2012
Was ok, it's setup as a lighthearted detective comedy was bit hit & miss with the silliness.
Some action, cool designs, and detective tricks were fun to watch.
Nice Yuri's back.
Dec 26, 2018 4:47 PM

Oct 2008
It was a nice ride!
so many decent action scenes...
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 27, 2018 11:37 AM

Sep 2017
Interesting series, even if the last episodes feel rushed to me it had a lot of personality shining throughout it, and I'm a big fan of that. I get that some people might not enjoy the silliness of it all, but I personally loved it. The 3d still could use some work, but it isn't bad either.

Quite an enjoyable series, 7/10.
Jan 1, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty decent show, but it was nothing like Tiger & Bunny.

I'm glad Yuri survived.
Jan 4, 2019 8:48 PM
Jan 2017
Geez 144, youre damn right thats too many soldiers. welp better gear up to watch teh next season whenever that comes out
Jan 29, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2015
Worst series with the most obnoxious MC ever! But I'm glad Yuri is back even though it wasn't that epic.

Kirill made me hate this series for real with his uselessness, over the top outfits, loud stupid persona and obsession with Doug. The only good character was Doug. The animation was inconsistent and the story boring and all the place, a mess to be precise. For me a series to work needs a great MC and a flowing story line, this didn't contain those at all. Even when they defeated Cooper I didn't feel great, in fact it would've been nice if he finished them off particularly Kirill. I haven't said this to any character but F that guy and this series. The other good thing about the series was the narrator as he was way more interesting that everything here.

I'm glad I didn't watch it the time it aired. I expected a lot from this series but Damn was it shitty.

4/10.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 15, 2019 1:21 PM

May 2012
What a great ending for a great anime! Really enjoyed watching this, the pacing, development and setting were just great! Really liked it and would love to see more about the overhauling story with the colony to be honest.

In general I really loved watching this anime and found it also totally great! The "to be continued ?" really got me there :'D really do hope to see more tbh!
Mar 16, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2019
Not the most amazing story, but damn was it a fun little show and the characters had such great personalities. Was fun watching while it lasted, and one of the few shows where I never skipped the ED either.
Jun 24, 2019 5:34 AM
Mar 2018
I love how it ended and I really appreciate that we got to see Doug's brilliance again in this episode. Altogether, I have fun with this series.
Mar 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Mar 2010
RIP Derrick's bar. I am glad everyone survived. I was pretty sure the brother was gonna die. I am happy Yuri came back to life. Zabel wow. He is pretty crazy.
StardewMar 26, 2021 12:22 AM

More topics from this board

» Finished Ep 13 - are there any links to Tiger and Bunny or is it confirmed completely different universe and everything?

Animangamer - Dec 23, 2018

10 by Ksiezniczka »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

31 by XOHatsumi »»
Nov 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

17 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2018

19 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:37 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2018

18 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.