Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2018 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they're trying to understand the true origins of Anthem, Overdrive, etc.

I wasn't expecting someone like Kirill to do the explanations though lol. So I guess they wanted to make Krill more credible as an investigator too. Another pretty typical episode of dealing with a criminal case.

With only two more episodes left, I hope they can conclude this show properly. Krill is starting to grow to me as a more mature character in some of these more recent episodes.
Nov 25, 2018 8:33 AM
Jul 2016
My dad is dying, better treat every girl I see like a hooker... Logic

Last few episodes have been pretty stupid, but this was the stupidest of them all. At least they managed to hit the right notes with dad refusing to use Anthem, but overall I'm not enjoying this as much as I enjoyed the first 5 episodes. It lacks the quirkiness that made it so appealing to me.

Doug this Episode

Stark700 said:
With only two more episodes left, I hope they can conclude this show properly.

Three more episodes, according to mal at least.

Nov 25, 2018 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
Kirill's intelligence is unconvincing, but perhaps he just know research methodology and knowledge of his research topics.
And another attempt for this show to be pansexual while not up on par with Tumblr's expectation, is surprisingly good by anime standard.
Nov 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
I don't want to live in a world where DD! is 1 cour
Nov 25, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
Kirill is smart? That was so unexpected!

I knew the doctor was the bad guy.

The father son relation was nice.

Deana was funny as always.

The first time Kirill's brother was introduced, I thought he and Kirill sounded the same. Now, I think they sound quite different.

The only thing that I really didn't like this episode was: they treated the idea of a boy liking another boy as something laughable. I wasn't expecting that in this anime. :(
Nov 25, 2018 5:39 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode, like always!

Hilarious moments with the shock element of Kirill actually being smart! Deana's denial to admit it and the Apple Scientist's realization was riduculously funny. What a thorough explanation that was, though! Meanwhile, Doug couldn't hold back his laughter when Kirill was being misunderstood as a female. Great, probably the funniest episode of the show thus far.

Interesting turn of events though. I kind of had a gutsy feeling that the doctor was evil, so I wasn't too shocked honestly. But it sure was brutal! Kirill's brother returns and it was nice overall.

Kirill gets an invitation to join the Military? Does it have anything to do with his Grandfather, by any chance?

Just three more episodes to go, I’m really curious to see how they’ll conclude all these various mysteries.
_MushiRock11_Nov 25, 2018 7:00 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 25, 2018 5:43 PM

Jul 2017
Kirill was so awesome in this episode.
Nov 25, 2018 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
So Kirill is actually intelligent, just not very smart.
I'm actually more surprised that the girls didn't understand Anthem very well, since they seemed very competent, so you'd think they'd understand the drug they're working to control, and Doug seemed to know it well.

I'm still waiting for when Milla will actually explain the whole situation. He obviously is trying to say something about the crossdressing but always stops, and I can't help think it probably has something to with their grandfather and with why he just left one day. But it doesn't sound like he's trans, but rather like there's a different reason he used to be Kirill's "sister".

FuMomo-kun said:
The only thing that I really didn't like this episode was: they treated the idea of a boy liking another boy as something laughable. I wasn't expecting that in this anime. :(

I don't think that's how it went, thought. What they made a joke of was the fact that Kirill was not only mistaken for a girl but treated like a hooker.
In the end the boy even considered the possibility that he could end up married to a guy too.
Nov 26, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2009
Dead Ghostbusters

Also wedding dress that Kirill was wearing was same as Kate Middleton had
Nov 26, 2018 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
Did seem to have some mixed messages in this episode.

I also thought for a second the tattoo was an Ouroboros from Tiger and Bunny (damnit)
Nov 27, 2018 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
oh what a sad episode!
but at least we get to see Kirill crossdressing and i hate to say he's damn beautiful! oh no!
4/5.

Nov 28, 2018 7:49 AM

May 2017
Okay lol how come none of y'all yet mentions Sylvester Stallone of Expendables at the end lmao
Dec 2, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Dec 2, 2018 10:25 AM

Dec 2015
Stark700 said:
No new episode this week.

Sad :(( do you know why?
Dec 17, 2018 6:15 PM

May 2018
One of the best episodes yet IMO - it was funny how Kirill was revealed as a really advanced Geneticist, the rest of the team were totally stumped that he was capable of that level of intelligence :)
Dec 21, 2018 5:38 PM

Aug 2017
Meh, I think that this episode was stupid. The whole drama about the boy and his dad is not serious when the boy is just flirting with every girl lmao. Also, it feels rushed.

Still, I really don't trust the military.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2012
Another great episode with a fantastic ending! Up to the next one.
Jun 24, 2019 3:56 AM
Mar 2018
Krill's intelligence was a bit forced but I still enjoyed it. It kind of reminds me of when Luffy-one piece, says something unexpectedly smart and we are all left wondering whether something has possessed him. Nice episode though.
Mar 25, 2021 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
:( Well this was a sad episode. Wish they were able to save him.

More topics from this board

» Finished Ep 13 - are there any links to Tiger and Bunny or is it confirmed completely different universe and everything?

Animangamer - Dec 23, 2018

10 by Ksiezniczka »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

31 by XOHatsumi »»
Nov 7, 2022 9:35 PM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2018

23 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

17 by Stardew »»
Mar 26, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2018

19 by Stardew »»
Mar 25, 2021 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.