Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 2:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
and i thought the goblins in Grimgar got fucked up LMAO
Oct 6, 2018 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
Now that I think about it, Goblin Slayer reminds me A LOT of Doom Slayer from Doom.

Also I got one thing to these idiots going Sensitive Snowflake Bitch Babies about the graphic content, HELLO, Game of Thrones you Dip-Shits.

Also the Anime Community is showing a TON if hypocrisy right now, HELLO Berserk.
HollowIchigo58Oct 8, 2018 11:18 PM
Oct 6, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
Blue_Reaper said:
uninstallthegame said:
i'm amazed people are complaining about rape. so gory violence is good, but rape is no-no? okay...

because they are cowards who's too afraid a fictional rape becomes reality in their life.
i bet these people are the same people who accuse people who enjoyed anime lolis are pedophile.

Or it may be because a lot of brave people have been raped or know somebody who has been raped and it's a terrible disgusting thing that they don't want to be reminded of when they're just looking for entertainment.
Oct 6, 2018 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
joe_g7 said:
To put it mildly: for reproductive purposes. There are no female goblins.

This right there is actually the most brutal and savage thing about all this.

That moment when you realize it ...
Oct 6, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
I was reluctant watching it because of all the rape and brutality comments but I did and, was that it? I mean it is brutal but nothing shocking or anything like that. I guess I am much more fucked up than I thought I was. Or maybe it is Berserk influence? Who knows...

Anyway it was interesting to watch but I have feeling that I will drop it in a few episodes if doesnt get better/more interesting than this cuz atm its slightly above average.
Oct 6, 2018 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
That party got fucked up bad.

Pretty entertaining episode, looking forward to more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2018 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
Goblin Purge Season is ere bois!! Ready yo hearts!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 6, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Reaper (from Overwatch) approves of this series. All I can say.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 6, 2018 3:21 PM

May 2016
One thing I should have said earlier. This episode is a perfect representation of what happens when you don't think things through.

For those of you who are arguing that the clerk should have done something just what exactly should she have done? She's a clerk, not a police officer or whatever the authority figures are in this world. She doesn't have the power to force a group of adventurers not to a do a job that's been offered. She can give them advice or warnings, as she did here, but in the end if the group wants to take this mission then there's nothing she can say or do. They've made the decision to put their lives on the line. If she tried to do anything to stop them then she'd be overstepping her position which would get her into trouble.

What happen was the group making the mistake in thinking they were facing a bunch of dumb goblins. Well, they soon found out they were wrong and they paid the price for it dearly. The swordsman was brutally murdered, the sorceress had to be put to death due to being poisoned for too long, and while the martial artist did survive her horrible experience has left her permanently scarred for life.

As for priestess, she learned her lesson from this. Her surviving taught her to never rush into things you're not prepared for.
DirectorKOct 6, 2018 3:24 PM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 6, 2018 3:21 PM

Jun 2017
I came for dark, gritty, and brutal. I was not disappointed. May have to pick up the novels some day.
Oct 6, 2018 3:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The party sure was a accident waiting to happen such was their lack of prep for the quest and their attitude. The resulting ambush sure was brutal and exploited every one of the party's weaknesses. The goblin slayer sure made a timely and dramatic entrance. The teamup between Shinkan and the slayer sure was effective and his tactics sure were creative. The slayer sure has a bleak view of the world. Looks like Shinkan will be teaming up with the slayer. A strong episode and a surprisingly brutal one as benefiting a dark series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Was the rape really necessary?
Oct 6, 2018 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
For the amount of hype it has, I kinda expected more. Just another case of fanboys backlash I guess.

That being said, I don't hate it. The amount of edge is just about right to be entertaining and doesn't cross the line into the cringe category. As long as the quality doesn't drop, I don't mind 20 minutes of this every week.
Oct 6, 2018 3:29 PM

Mar 2016
Oh look, it’s DOOM: Goblins edition lol especially with that soundtrack
They pretty much adapted the first chapter of the manga which caught me off guard with the amount of gore and the rape it had when I read that chapter. (Didn’t continue it after that though for some reaso)
Oct 6, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2010
This show may first appear as just a killfest but the protagonist does have a backstory and his character develops over time.

Also if you are disturbed by how he mercilessly killed the children then trust me by the end of the anime you will consider him merciful for giving them a quick death.

The one thing I disliked in the anime adaptation is the character design. In the manga the characters look adult and mature, in the anime they look like children playing heroes.
Oct 6, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
bastek66 said:
I just hope there won't be any pretentious overthinkers (especially from YT) that will try to convice anime-only that there is some depth. There is none. Goblin Slayer is just a Doom guy and selfinsert for watchers. Just more autistic over killing goblins.

Quite the opposite actually.
they are all bashing the show for daring to show something like sexual violance. >>
Oct 6, 2018 3:38 PM

Apr 2016
Dedy_Wicak_Sono said:
Blue_Reaper said:
as i expected, people start bitching about the rape, logic, and dark elements lol.

i just don't understand what's your standard for "dark" themed anime. just curious if this isn't dark then what should be considered dark?
or you just hate it because you can't enjoyed it?

Well its just mal, negativity, and elitism, go to other forum for more positive review.

Here is the ironic part. the stuff on this forum have been some of the most positive reactions i have seen so far. most of it is "aaaaah omg they dared to do rage and gore, bad show bad show."
Oct 6, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, i see that the anime-only secondaries are already triggered by the rape scenes like I expected.

Aug 2011
The episode was an epic one for me with how the opened it, introducing Goblin Slayer and all the action. Thumbs up!! Just hope they continue to follow the original storyline.

Apr 2015
Wow I didn't expect such violence in the first episode.
I think it should be rating R (instead of PG-13).
Oct 6, 2018 3:46 PM

Oct 2012
I wouldn't be so quick to claim that the whole rape aspect of the story isn't done to appeal to some of the audience. Especially if they continue to stick by the manga. There's one scene in particular that kind of.. Downplays the seriousness and grim nature of it.

Not going into spoilers, but it's a manga only scene that could ruin the atmosphere of the anime if they adapt it. It's part of the reason why I wanted them to stick to the Light Novel, since that takes the story way more seriously than the manga does at times.
Oct 6, 2018 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
This is PG-13, seriously??

Well, the Goblin Slayer looks kinda like Berserker Lancelot. XD
Oct 6, 2018 3:47 PM

Feb 2012
Great first episode. I skimmed through the manga a bit and I'm surprised White Fox didn't shy away from adapting everything. Goblin Slayer had an epic entrance. I fucking love the red eye glow and the line it makes. His character design looks fantastic. I really like how he uses tactics for killing the goblins like removing their scent and setting up traps etc. That scene with him killing the goblin kids was really ruthless. Really looking forward to seeing more.
Oct 6, 2018 3:48 PM

Jul 2016
Already knew what was gonna happen but dang, what a start.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Oct 6, 2018 3:49 PM

May 2012
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

Thanks, I won't continue then.

Kudos to you dude. If you know you won't like a certain anime then instead of keeping watching it just so you can come here and complain about it every single episode it's better to simply move on to something that you'll enjoy.

thefrog1192 said:
Honestly I don't expected this anime to be good anime,but this anime is so bad I can't stop laughing while watching this lololol
This anime is isesuma or Master of Ragnarok level of shit,I'm waiting for next episode XD

Nice. I guess i already know who i'm going to see complaining about everything in the anime in EVERY new episode thread.
I despise woke people.
Oct 6, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2012
MrMushin said:
Man... they really want us to feel uncomfortable. Cruel deaths, rape, killing kids... maybe a bit too much.

At least when the Goblin slayer made his appearance the show turned to be more interesting, I liked the action scenes from there and the soundtrack is really suiting the dark action mood.

The show is pretty questionable for me basing on the first episode. The CGI is really poorly executed and the dark theme is overdone in my opinion.
People saying the source material is great so I hope it would get better in the upcoming episodes.

If you can't handle the violence then i would advise you to just drop it already. You're not going to like the rest of the anime either.
I despise woke people.
Oct 6, 2018 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
I went in knowing nothing about it, expected some mix of maybe grimgar of the ashes and konosuba, but this is dark instead of generic fantasy SOL. Nice. I guess its somewhat close to grimgar of the ashes in that.

Lets see how this turns out, from what I have read so far there will be lots of Goblin slaying, no story or character developement. And lost of raoe scenes because we need those too.

I for some reason hvae the feeling this first episode will be the darkest/only dark one, because thats kinda common. Would love to see some truly dark fantasy again.

PS: Rape and child murder is PG-13, what?

PPS: Why does MAL always hype the most generic shit?
Comander-07Oct 6, 2018 4:03 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 6, 2018 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
Oh, so it’s Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, all over again, with the brutality and lack of anything or anyone to relate to. Joy.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Oct 6, 2018 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
How I wish there's an 'SJW Slayer' especially in real life.
Oct 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2012
It's edgelord-fanservice and gore. I couldn't be any more bored if i tried.
Music is kinda nice though. Animation is kinda average.

The only Manga that tries this nieche even harder is Re:monster.

This is probably Overwatch with more rape and less sidekicks.

Comparing this to Grimgar is retarded.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 6, 2018 4:12 PM

Jun 2013
epidemia78 said:
Ziirf said:

I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.
It hasn't really got worse but it sure is a reoccurring theme in a lot of chapters lol. Women are very disposable in this show. (non mcs)
Oct 6, 2018 4:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah, pretty much what i expected.
Didnt hate it but once again everyone hyped it to heaven and ended up just being average.

But i guess it has rape and gore so its a 10/10 amiright guys ?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 6, 2018 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
Ziirf said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Definitely, so if its something insensitive to u drop the series, the rape is only going to increase.

Yeah, same here. It was getting to be too much as it was, and to think that I had watched the toned down version. It was an unpleasant first episode. I don't think I could handle a second.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 6, 2018 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
DatRandomDude said:
Yeah, pretty much what i expected.
Didnt hate it but once again everyone hyped it to heaven and ended up just being ok.

But i guess it has rape and gore so its a 10/10 amiright guys ?

That is pretty much what I feared. Sites like crunchyroll and stuff kept hyping this anime to the heavens as though it was going to be anime of the season. Even though it's running up against Jojo's of all things. So people are probably going to come into this with unreasonably high expectations when the show is basically just goblin slayer kicking goblin ass. It's nothing revolutionary and that's just going to make the people who bought into the hype unreasonably angry.
Oct 6, 2018 4:21 PM

Aug 2018
YamiYami-chan said:
epidemia78 said:

I've read 28 chapters of the manga. There's not that much rape, and it never gets worse than in chapter 1.
It hasn't really got worse but it sure is a reoccurring theme in a lot of chapters lol. Women are very disposable in this show. (non mcs)

It really raises the stakes and heightens the tension knowing what will happen to cute elf and cute healer if the adventuring party is defeated.
Oct 6, 2018 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
You wanna know what the funniest part is? Despite a lot of people's concerns about this anime being too much for people to handle, it still doesn't come close to how mean spirited Magical Girl Site was. Goblin Slayer does this nasty shit with sort of a purpose.

Magical Girl Site was just the author having some unrestrained loathing towards a girl and writing it on paper. I'd sooner have my kid watch GS than MGS
Oct 6, 2018 4:29 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
What an emotional roller coaster. The rape scene was pretty left field, but I'm really liking this series so far from a pure entertainment standpoint. I added the novel to the database ages ago because the title caught my attention, but I didn't really think much of it then when reading the description. I might actually pick up the novel now.
Oct 6, 2018 4:36 PM
Jan 2016
I've read the manga just wondering is Crunchyroll super censored compared to the Japanese raw version. Or they both censored like Jojo effect
Oct 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Nerd_Zone1 said:
I've read the manga just wondering is Crunchyroll super censored compared to the Japanese raw version. Or they both censored like Jojo effect

You watched the censored version. You'll probably find the uncensored version via torrents or some other anime site. HorribleSubs is doing the uncensored one.
Oct 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Dec 2017
GemTastical said:
You wanna know what the funniest part is? Despite a lot of people's concerns about this anime being too much for people to handle, it still doesn't come close to how mean spirited Magical Girl Site was. Goblin Slayer does this nasty shit with sort of a purpose.

Magical Girl Site was just the author having some unrestrained loathing towards a girl and writing it on paper. I'd sooner have my kid watch GS than MGS

kinda loled at this. you know what's funny, people complain about rape and how it's not PG-13 at all despite the name of the title, where mahou shoujo site gives nothing away from the title. that's why it was a shitstorm, i remember it very well

i'm glad to know GS justifies and explains all of this later on, otherwise i would probably be confused as well
Oct 6, 2018 5:10 PM
Oct 2018
Alright. To start off, the first episode was executed perfectly. I particularly enjoyed that they added the killing sequence of the goblin kids to add a darker tone to gs's character. For some that might be an understatement, and probably is, but I liked it. I also want to issue the rape scenes. THIS IS NOT AN ANIME FOR THE SQUEAMISH SO DON'T BE PUSSIES AND SAY YOU DID NOT LIKE THE RAPE BECAUSE IT'S JUST GOING TO INCREASE. Ehem. SOrry about that. From the beginning when the four entered the cave and got ambushed, I did not like the fact that they removed the scenes where they received, I guess training because since that element was removed, I feel no sympathy to the characters, and rather just see them as normal characters who died. Now, when gs was introduced, I like that they edited his voice to cope with the fact that HE HAS A FUCKING HELMET. In other anime, it sounds like they're just speaking in thin air when a helmet is present, but I enjoyed the fact that they added that detail. Again, to address the rape scene, it wasn't as detailed in the anime than from the manga panel, but I'll take it. Another thing to address is the gore; ngl, it was ok. I understand the reason for which they had to tone it down, like the manga panel where the shaman gets his skull busted and his brain and eyes fly everywhere, but hopefully this gets more gruesome throughout the whole anime. AGAIN, DON'T WATCH IF YOU'RE A PUSSY. I ONLY CREATED AN ACCOUNT BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS AND WONT SEE REVIEWS FIRST. thank
Oct 6, 2018 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
Great first episode~
Oct 6, 2018 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
Cool episode. I just hope they don't make horror and violence the only thing that can make this show interesting
Oct 6, 2018 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
DrBorgar said:
Alright. To start off, the first episode was executed perfectly. I particularly enjoyed that they added the killing sequence of the goblin kids to add a darker tone to gs's character. For some that might be an understatement, and probably is, but I liked it. I also want to issue the rape scenes. THIS IS NOT AN ANIME FOR THE SQUEAMISH SO DON'T BE PUSSIES AND SAY YOU DID NOT LIKE THE RAPE BECAUSE IT'S JUST GOING TO INCREASE. Ehem. SOrry about that. From the beginning when the four entered the cave and got ambushed, I did not like the fact that they removed the scenes where they received, I guess training because since that element was removed, I feel no sympathy to the characters, and rather just see them as normal characters who died. Now, when gs was introduced, I like that they edited his voice to cope with the fact that HE HAS A FUCKING HELMET. In other anime, it sounds like they're just speaking in thin air when a helmet is present, but I enjoyed the fact that they added that detail. Again, to address the rape scene, it wasn't as detailed in the anime than from the manga panel, but I'll take it. Another thing to address is the gore; ngl, it was ok. I understand the reason for which they had to tone it down, like the manga panel where the shaman gets his skull busted and his brain and eyes fly everywhere, but hopefully this gets more gruesome throughout the whole anime. AGAIN, DON'T WATCH IF YOU'RE A PUSSY. I ONLY CREATED AN ACCOUNT BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS AND WONT SEE REVIEWS FIRST. thank
Yeah the little flashes of their life albeit short got at least a sliver of care out of me. All they need was like 15-30 seconds too but no time apparently.
Oct 6, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
Is really good
8/10
Oct 6, 2018 5:24 PM

Jul 2016
Well, the animation could be better, and I'm not a fan of Orcblog's voice, but overall it's pretty good.

They did turn down the violence a little, but honestly, it's better than I expected. I assumed they would have turned it down a lot more and/or cut out the raping and goblin baby slaughter. Though that would have ruined the mood of the whole show. If you don't like dark fantasy and excessive violence, this probably isn't the show for you.
Oct 6, 2018 5:28 PM

Jun 2017
That was pretty good. Main girl has some strong nerves being able to go killing Goblins again after all the crazy shit that happened, Goblin Slayer must be proud.
Oct 6, 2018 5:36 PM

May 2015
That was a good first episode, but the rape scene and all was just a little too much for me.. I've seen a lot of graphic stuff, but I kinda had to cool down after watching this. I guess when the Goblin Slayer himself appeared, it made things a bit better.

But yeah, this show doesn't hold back when it comes to explicit content.

Oct 6, 2018 5:38 PM

Oct 2018
this was a pretty crazy first episode. i liked how they made it clear how dark the series would be as if saying "this is what its going to be like, if you arent fucking with it, you can leave now" haha. Goblin Slayer came in and fucked shit up, the soundtrack didn't fail to get me hype. its not like i love demented shit, but i like the more dark approach this seems to be going. going to read the light novel or the manga now. still haven't decided. dope though, im hype.
AutobahhnOct 6, 2018 5:42 PM
Oct 6, 2018 5:42 PM
Jan 2016
GemTastical said:
Nerd_Zone1 said:

You watched the censored version. You'll probably find the uncensored version via torrents or some other anime site. HorribleSubs is doing the uncensored one.

Okay yeah i don't want to torrent however i don't like the idea of watching a censored version so horriblesubs is uncensored?

If so i'll watch that one
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.