Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2018 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that got dark fast regarding Goblin Slayer's past. I'm not half surprised that he's still alive. That morning scene though...

Also, I think this show is obscuring his present self face intentionally. On the contrary, got to see a glimpse of Sword Maiden's face. I guess this show is trying to build more into Goblin Slayer and Priestess' relationship as the two gets to understand each other more. That felt like a date

Sure didn't take long for them to go on another hunt.

Nov 24, 2018 8:25 AM
Nov 2017
Well
Previously I was sure he was in verge of dying but this....
I did get to understand him better even though I had that 'robot like' impression of him but I'm satisfied that I have a glimpse behind his interest in killing goblins.
Though this is getting better than I thought.
More like a franchise with a bit romance in it
Hope I get to see that
judex__Nov 24, 2018 8:29 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:36 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like everyone was doing fine and it was a pretty calm episode till the end that is.
That demon looked rather strange or better said something you would expect in a tentacle hentai anime.

It was a nice way to defeat it tho.
Nov 24, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2016
Seemed like more of an episode to set-up the future, and build the relationship of the characters. Not too bad, but no goblins!?
Nov 24, 2018 8:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man this anime is making me even more attracted to the sword maiden lol

But other than that, this was a pretty good build up episode with some nice character moments and that little backstory for Goblin Slayer
Nov 24, 2018 9:05 AM
Oct 2018
Only show other than the game of thrones I actually have anxiety about.
Nov 24, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2016
He simply should have sex with the girls >_> Wouldn't hurt at all in such a show.

Good episode, best of the slower ones so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2018 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

So what exactly was GS's master? Is he some different kind of goblin? I guess since he's brown and not green he's not a goblin but something else?

We got treated to some nice fan service in the beginning, priestess + sword maiden looking good. xD
Damn, I did not expect that Sword Maiden was actually a victim of the goblins, ironic how she who fought against the Demon King himself became a victim to goblins. :(

Really liked the SoL'ish scenes with the crew and Priestess + GS's trip to the weapon shop.

Loved how they took down that Evil Eye, EXPLOSIONNN! Nothing beats a good EXPLOSIONN! xD
Nov 24, 2018 9:15 AM

Mar 2018
How awkward must it be to sleep next to a dead body.

That was a fun episode. I especially loved the action scene in the end. Megumin aproves!
Nov 24, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2018
Ahh the face tease found his hair colour and he is not ugly under that mask
Sword maiden is piquing my interest more and more every episode

Calm episode no goblins
ArugustorNov 24, 2018 4:15 PM
Nov 24, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
Sword Maiden is making her moves on Goblin Slayer. I guess she can't resist his charisma xDD. Next episode should be pretty action-heavy.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 24, 2018 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
after a nice episode last week..............

man, they really rushed the Beholder fight, I'm disappointed
Nov 24, 2018 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
Another good episode.

Got to see Sword maiden's eyes for the first time.

A nice way to take down that one-eyed creature.

Nov 24, 2018 9:42 AM

Dec 2017
Goblin slayer really deadass want all of his armor be fixed and still keep that helmet on under normal attire. that’s the most Goblin Slayer things to do.

and we got a pretty nice half time with Priestess being cute and Goblin Slayer being a Goblin Slayer

and is that eye monster is reference to Beholder from D&D, pretty simple tactic for a pretty formidable foe, imagine if Goblin Slayer has to face that thing alone, it’s good to have company

this arc probably takes 2 episode at most, and then we got whatever White Fox tryin to give us
Nov 24, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2018
It was a chill episode without action, well it had a little bit of action at the end i guess.

What is Goblin slayers sensei he dosnt look like a goblin nor a human or perhaps he is a really ugly human.

Great episode.
Nov 24, 2018 9:47 AM
Apr 2018
That was a nice episode, we saw Sword Maiden's eyes, her nipples were hard (was she horny? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ), GS's face tease (he looked handsome but he has a LOT of scares on his body...), also lucky him for having seen the Priestress's naked body...
Also I loled when he was whith only his helmet on...and he was interested in the ice cream fabrication (I found it weird because it's a little bit too "modern" for the setting)...is he planning on frozing goblins next? :D
The battle at the end received Megumin's seal of approval.

I really hope the village's defense arc will be animated...if not I guess I will read the manga.

Also, let's forget the two posts of the hater above me.
Manaarii_0Nov 24, 2018 11:54 AM
Nov 24, 2018 9:55 AM
Sep 2018
By far GS is the most dense MC that I've ever seen in all of anime. I mean like damn, the bugger has unwittingly got himself a harem!
Nov 24, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2011
FMmatron said:
He simply should have sex with the girls >_> Wouldn't hurt at all in such a show...

Actually, they wouldn't be able to use the resurrection spell again if the virgin lost her one requirement to perform the spell. As for the maiden, she's up for grabs so long as her trauma doesn't get in the way. Seems it's just a fear of goblins, and it hasn't effected her libido.

Seems we're missing some context here. How did we go from goblin extermination to taking out a boss level creature if it has nothing to do with the goblins they faced earlier?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 24, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
Reload said:
FMmatron said:
He simply should have sex with the girls >_> Wouldn't hurt at all in such a show...

Actually, they wouldn't be able to use the resurrection spell again if the virgin lost her one requirement to perform the spell. As for the maiden, she's up for grabs so long as her trauma doesn't get in the way. Seems it's just a fear of goblins, and it hasn't effected her libido.

The front isn't the only way to have sex.

And the maiden obviously wants it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2018 10:07 AM
Mar 2018
Another "great" episode. Fucking autistic witch has returned...
Nov 24, 2018 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

So what exactly was GS's master? Is he some different kind of goblin? I guess since he's brown and not green he's not a goblin but something else?

We got treated to some nice fan service in the beginning, priestess + sword maiden looking good. xD
Damn, I did not expect that Sword Maiden was actually a victim of the goblins, ironic how she who fought against the Demon King himself became a victim to goblins. :(

Really liked the SoL'ish scenes with the crew and Priestess + GS's trip to the weapon shop.

Loved how they took down that Evil Eye, EXPLOSIONNN! Nothing beats a good EXPLOSIONN! xD

AntonioWux said:
It was a chill episode without action, well it had a little bit of action at the end i guess.

What is Goblin slayers sensei he dosnt look like a goblin nor a human or perhaps he is a really ugly human.

Great episode.

He is a Rhea (hafling)

Manaarii_0 said:
That was a nice episode, we saw Sword Maiden's eyes, her nipples were hard (was she horny?), GS's face tease (he looked handsome but he has a LOT of scares on his body...), also lucky him for .

Nah, her dress is very thin, in the light novel she have always visible nipples.
kofmasterNov 24, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2017
Reload said:

Seems we're missing some context here. How did we go from goblin extermination to taking out a boss level creature if it has nothing to do with the goblins they faced earlier?

quoted by the Lizard in the manga, he said “there was a staircase hidden in that coffin, on the burial chamber that goblin uses for an ambush, meaning it’s clearly part of their territory”

as for what the mirrors do, we see next episode

Jul 2016
Great episode. The episode shows how Goblin Slayer gathered his knowledge and his thirst for knowledge, even some trivial stuff (read: stuff that has no impact on his goblin slaying carrier).

The little date also reveal his fear on losing his comrade. He always prepared to die alone in his quest for revenge, leaving the goblins only his corpse and cheap equipment. Last episode the fact that his party almost doomed makes him rethink is it really okay to involve others in his quest for vengeance, and attempt to remove Priestess, the most vulnerable member, out of the party...

Noticing there are no giant rats in the tunnel last episode, GS deduced the probability of poison gas killing them, so he prepared back up plans for for some dust explosion and canary from the knowledge he got from some miners and put it to test this episode. And yeah, the blast kinda roasted the Giant Eye Ball so yeah...

Nov 24, 2018 10:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. The insight into GS's past and his training with is master was most welcome. Its nice that we got to see sword maiden's true face. She sure is pretty. So she and priestess healed him with direct contact huh. Her past though sure was painful. Deciding to confide in GS was a surprising move from her. It's cute seeing GS get lectured by priestess as she tries to change his personality. The visit to the town though calm sure proved insightful as we got to see GS in normal clothes for once while also allowing the priestess to have solo time with him. It's also nice that we got to see GS reveal his inner thoughts too showing the trust that he has in priestess. Using flour and a shield to make the monster kill itself was pretty creative.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2014
well yeah this was a good episode..finally saw the goblin slayer face hmmm... I can help but why do people restrict his methods....
Nov 24, 2018 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
Priestess was too damn cute this episode

fuccin protecc/10
Nov 24, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
Well after the craziness of last episode, they pretty much went right back to their normal lives. We got a small look at GS' past, along with some chill SoL scenes between him and the Priestess before they went off to fight a fucking eyeball lol. Pretty calm episode overall.

Oh yeah, that Sword Maiden though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 24, 2018 10:17 AM

Feb 2011
FMmatron said:
Reload said:

And the maiden obviously wants it.

What makes you think the priestess, or GS for that matter, knows of such other "way to have sex?" Maiden might know, seeing as she's a victim. Goblins probably gain a lot of experience from their victims. The better question is, what don't they know?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
BTW, I love those Tolkien references

"What have I got in my pocket?"
Nov 24, 2018 10:27 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Well that boss went down a lot faster than I remember...

Anyway, I've had it with this anime. The LN is okay but this version is abysmal. 2018 was seeeeeeriously not a good year for White Fox!
Nov 24, 2018 10:34 AM

Sep 2018
To kill goblins, you must learn from a goblin
Nov 24, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
green_land_ball said:

But he's not a goblin xD
Nov 24, 2018 10:39 AM

Sep 2018
kofmaster said:
green_land_ball said:

But he's not a goblin xD
i know but we shouldn't discuss manga here but i'll tell you this, he's a rhea who is wearing a goblin mask, i know that but we shouldn't really be saying stuff from the manga here
Nov 24, 2018 10:43 AM

Aug 2014
green_land_ball said:
kofmaster said:

But he's not a goblin xD
i know but we shouldn't discuss manga here but i'll tell you this, he's a rhea who is wearing a goblin mask, i know that but we shouldn't really be saying stuff from the manga here

In fact I find very clear in the episode that he's not a goblin.
That's not a spoiler, you can read people on this thread noticing that he is not a goblin.
Nov 24, 2018 10:44 AM
Jan 2014
papsoshea said:
Just when you think this anime couldn't get any more trashier, it goes on to prove you wrong every time! Lol, more tonal dissonance from how episode 7 ended to the beginning of this episode where we have the "pleasure" of seeing some fanservice of some little tits from priestess and big tits from Sword Maiden lol and all those gratuitous camera shots on her boobs for what reason? And you get jack shit out of that scene - first, how are they healed? Well reason: Deus Ex Machina!

And why did this spell have to revolve around a perverted theme that it can only work by sleeping with a virgin? Excuse for fanservice. And the Sword Maiden likes Gobin Slayer for what reasons? That whole scene just inconsistency with the tone again when trying to delve into past trauma which makes the whole thing pointless!

Then more Slice of Life and generic comedic vibes when this show is "supposedly" a dark and mature fantasy (which many claimed in the episode 1 discussion) lol and the abysmal dialogue continues, Goblin Slayers dialogue is so cringe and pointless - and this episode just keeps proving the point on how one-dimensional these characters are, they are 99% incapable of talking about anything that isn't related to Goblin Slayer, even when Archer and Big tits Sorceress show up, conveniently bringing a bag of ass-pull (Big tits Sorceress's dialogue is retarded, why does she sound like she's out of breath? Is it because her tits are too big?).

Then immediately jump back into action, against an enemy Goblin Slayer has never fought before, but like always, he reads the script! He just knows everything! You remember how he figured out about the Canary, well he also happened to learn about this being of chaos as well and everything went accordingly to plan. And then the dumb ass one-dimensional characters need to know how he did it, then Goblin Slayer proceeds to tell them and the viewers - this series is so garbage and the studio has had many chances to give it a little more than the trash source material. 1/10 again, these characters are so bad, and why is this show trying to give off the idea that Goblin Slayer and the Priestess has some special relationship when they don't lol

Is everything forgetting how the Priestess character regressed in the last episode where she appeared to be exactly how she was in episode 1? Lol smh

Stop with the troll lmao, it's not as trashy as you wrote here.
Nobody is saying that the show would be dark and edgy 24/7. It's expected to see some world building and sol scenes at some point (including fanservice, but that has limits which GS didn't cross). You may not like some of them, but that's how everyone does it in other anime as well, as it manages to make the tone of the show not to be too obnoxiously forced.
That resurrection magic of sleeping with virgin thing is also appropriate enough for a show that already set its targeted audience to be mature enough to not get overreacting over some fanservice shots. You may not like it, but that's how the author set the system here, and it didn't look out of place for a lot of ppl.
GS has been shown to be a critical person over his surrounding despite his major hate against only one specific creature that is goblin. I kinda agree that the show failed to tell how he actually managed to know what's about to happen in the next fight scene for example, but those stuff were explained enough in the source materials, so calling them as trash is also pretty absurd and too offensive (the fact that you've read them amused me tho, to the point where you're still willing to watch the anime adaptation despite you not liking the source materials already).
I agree how weird that the priestess is able to appear as if she's completely healed and her wounds disappeared out of nowhere, they could've put some dirty spots details on her outfit for example. At least we know that she still need to get her chain mail fixed tho..
Nov 24, 2018 10:51 AM
Oct 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

He's not a goblin. Burglar is a rhea. Same race as the dude Guild Girl interviewed in episode 5.
Nov 24, 2018 10:54 AM
Sep 2018
First kaneki and now goblin Slayer.B2B No nut November fails xD
Nov 24, 2018 11:00 AM

Jan 2018
Dang we got to see most of what he looks like, just not the face. Glad he survived.

And boiiii, this show gives no fucks, they were showing the nips
Nov 24, 2018 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Goblin Slayer, you lucky son of a bitch!
Nov 24, 2018 11:08 AM

Oct 2018

Don't know why the Sword-Maiden had to tell us that she was raped by goblins, I mean it was pretty obvious and it didn't really further the plot considering we already know goblins rape, hell this doesn't change anything in Goblin Slayer either considering his life's goal is already to murder goblins. It would've been better if they didn't spell it out for us.

It's also the eight-episode and I still don't care about most of the characters so every battle they fight is just boring to watch :/

Also, idk if it's just me but the tone of the series is just inconsistent like every second it's changing.

The episode was enjoyable enough I guess, but this series doesn't really know what it wants to be since it take's itself seriously but the presentation and premise are far from it.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 24, 2018 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
papsoshea said:
first, how are they healed? Well reason: Deus Ex Machina!
And why did this spell have to revolve around a perverted theme that it can only work by sleeping with a virgin? Excuse for fanservice.
I mean using virgins as a form of healing or having strong spiritual power isn't anything new so not really a Deus Ex Machina since its very common in fantasy and isn't beyond the realm of expectations in a fantasy series
papsoshea said:
And the Sword Maiden likes Gobin Slayer for what reasons? That whole scene just inconsistency with the tone again when trying to delve into past trauma which makes the whole thing pointless!
Scene isn't inconsistent since she likes him because of her trauma. She fears goblins, Goblin Slayer kills goblins. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together
papsoshea said:
Then more Slice of Life and generic comedic vibes when this show is "supposedly" a dark and mature fantasy (which many claimed in the episode 1 discussion) lol and the abysmal dialogue continues, Goblin Slayers dialogue is so cringe and pointless - and this episode just keeps proving the point on how one-dimensional these characters are, they are 99% incapable of talking about anything that isn't related to Goblin Slayer, even when Lancer-wannabe and Big tits Sorceress show up, conveniently bringing a bag of ass-pull.
Ignore what others claim because its simply their perception and can't be used as a critic of the series since how others perceive the show has nothing to do with what the actual show is and your disappointment of it not being what others see it as
Having good peaceful moments doesn't mean a show isn't displaying the opposite of that too or contradicting itself either. Its simply showing more than one aspect of the world.
The bag isn't an ass pull since he sent the Sorceress a letter not long ago which you'd know if you payed attention to the dialogue
papsoshea said:
Then immediately jump back into action, against an enemy Goblin Slayer has never fought before, but like always, he reads the script! He just knows everything! You remember how he figured out about the Canary, well he also happened to learn about this being of chaos as well and everything went accordingly to plan.
Again pay attention to whats happening
Goblin Slayer doesn't know anything about the Eye. He doesn't even bother to care what it is. Its the Lizard Shaman who knows anything about it if anything
Nov 24, 2018 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
UTJeff316 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

He's not a goblin. Burglar is a rhea. Same race as the dude Guild Girl interviewed in episode 5.

kofmaster said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

He is a Rhea (hafling)

I see, thanks a lot.
Nov 24, 2018 11:32 AM

May 2018
Groenboys said:
How awkward must it be to sleep next to a dead body.

That was a fun episode. I especially loved the action scene in the end. Megumin aproves!

He wasn't dead though. Anime skipped this explanation
Nov 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
Nothing like wasting a whole episode on an insignificant side story (rat killing newbies) just to skip important parts and the good stuff. Not to mention how skipping the farm defence arc created gaping plotholes in this part of the anime. Manga is awesome, LN is pretty good but aside from the first episode, the anime has pretty much nothing going for it. Shame, real shame. Chance for a first decent fantasy in years and they let someone botch it so badly.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 24, 2018 11:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Goblin Slayer-san is actually a bishounen...who knew? And does the Sword Maiden have a thing for him or is it just her trauma with goblins that makes him worth so much of her time?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2018 11:53 AM
Apr 2018
kofmaster said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

AntonioWux said:

Great episode.

He is a Rhea (hafling)

Manaarii_0 said:
That was a nice episode, we saw Sword Maiden's eyes, her nipples were hard (was she horny?), GS's face tease (he looked handsome but he has a LOT of scares on his body...), also lucky him for .

Nah, her dress is very thin, in the light novel she have always visible nipples.

Ok, thanks for the info. I guessed she had thin dress but THAT thin...she really is a proper maiden ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I guess I'll have to check the LN too.
Nov 24, 2018 11:55 AM
Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
Reload said:

I see you are a man of culture as well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 24, 2018 11:57 AM

Jul 2017
Decent episode. Not too much action happened but more story based.
Nov 24, 2018 11:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
sleeping with a loli and thicc Priestess... what heaven....
Nov 24, 2018 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
Uhm...
I feel like this show is at its best in these kind of episodes, no great action, slower pace and more development of our leads
Goblin Slayer makes me chuckle every time due to his personality and relationships with other people
(Loved The Tolkien reference)

I still don't know whether i like the show or not, but for now i'm riding this rollercoaster🤟
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.