Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A really wonderful series' finale. I love how everyone went out and even got on those ice vechicles so they could explore Antarctica more properly. Nice to see penguins as what you would expect there too.

The girls really looked like they enjoyed themselves and had fun on this trip. Also, Shirase with the haircut change! I feel like it's a nice way for her to reinvent herself including a bit of physical appearance.

Personally, I really enjoyed this show for what it is and the way it ended impressed me more than enough.
Mar 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
It's A Really Good Finale And The One Step Soundtrack Had A Pretty Good Match With The Scenes And Another Poster of them made By Other Members of The Group :o
Also, it's good They Added All The Soundtrack In The Last Episode Matching The Scenes And At Last, They Seen The Aurora.

Best Anime For me For Winter 2018 And 10/10

Good Luck With Their Another Journey!
Naegi-KunMar 27, 2018 6:00 AM
Mar 27, 2018 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
Very good finale! I will miss the gang for sure T_T

Gotta do a re-watch later XD
Kitan~!
Mar 27, 2018 5:58 AM

Mar 2016
i can honestly say that no other anime that i have ever seen has had this much of a positive impact on me.

i truly will carry this show with me for a really long time.

thank you so much madhouse
Mar 27, 2018 6:01 AM

Sep 2016

fuck off japan with your "character development" cutting hair bullshit
dropped 0/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2018 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
End.

Very good show, personal fav from the previous season, really liked the characters, the "adventure" part, the whole thing to go to antarctica was just great. We need more original shows like this one. Glad that the last message from Takako found its destination in the end.
Mar 27, 2018 6:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And at last the fun journey of the four girls come to an end. Having ice from here must be an interesting experience since its so pure. Wow to think that the thing that they all agreed on was a baseball game with the others though. The flag that was made to send the girls off really was well made. Shirase's new haircut looks good on her. Her farewell speech really was well thought out and a powerful one. The farewell scenes though were so entertaining though. Its nice that they were able to finally see the aurora. A beautiful end to the series and an excellent episode. Megumi being inspired by Mari to go to the arctic though was pretty unexpected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2018 6:06 AM
Nov 2017
I lost it at "Treasure." Somebody give me another box of tissues, please.
Mar 27, 2018 6:15 AM

Nov 2012

My rating: 11/01
SeaJaegerMar 29, 2018 2:13 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Mar 27, 2018 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
I can't think of any flaws.

Characterization was great
Plot was simple but done right.
Drama was done right. No boring moments.
Very good ending

This is a 10/10 for me. Let's see if it holds after a second watch later.

I don't think any anime made in the past 5 years got a 10/10 from me. I was blessed with a very strong season with Yuru Camp and this jewel.

Mar 27, 2018 6:16 AM

Sep 2009
I will be short. I hope the series is popular enough to get S2 or a movie.
Mar 27, 2018 6:17 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My Tuesday evenings will never be the same. Personally speaking, this is the anime that I care about the most from this season, and I'm sad to see this end.

When it comes to adventure stories, this has been my favorite so far, because it feels so realistic. The friendship they shared is amazingly strong, and the 4 of them were the first high school girls to ever experience life surrounded by nothing but white snow. It was an incredibly unforgettable experience and they'd love to be back again in Antarctica together.

I'm pretty sure they will still see each other again now that they've returned to Japan. Back to their usual daily lives, and proud to be young visitors of Antarctica. And to Kimari's surprise, her friend Megumi had an adventure of her own in the Arctic. Ahaha, what a surprise! :D

I teared up a bit because of the fact that this is the last episode of this amazingly breathtaking series, and I'm gonna miss Kimari, Shirase, Yuzuki, and Hinata. They are just so fun to see together! So long! I hope I could see you girls again in a brand new adventure! >.<

Take my score of 10! You deserve it! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ This anime is a blessing and truly will be an unforgettable one. Shirase looks great too with her new haircut. <3
Mar 27, 2018 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic finale, I was grinning the whole time.

The ice operation was fun.
Shirase and her reaction to penguins are just pure gold. XD

Antarctic baseball!!!
No!! Shirase!! Why'd you cut your hair? T.T

The farewell speech from both Gin and Shirase was beautiful, I got pretty emotional too. Antarctica is a place where you'v got no choice but to overcome your hurdles with everything you've got.
A Place further than the Universe can't exist unless you overcome the Universe after all.

I love how they played all the insert songs in the finale.
The Aurora was beautiful and that final ,message from Shirase's Mom. <3

Goddamn, she left the million yen back in Antarctica. I couldn't stop grinning when Shirase said that. xD

Overall, absolutely fantastic. To be honest, I never expected a show I started just because I liked the seiyuu cast so much to become my favorite show of this season. This show was just fantastic in every sense of the word, lovable characters, fantastic writing, a simple but very well executed plot, lovely art, brilliant soundtrack and the most important thing of all, heart, the show had a lot of heart in it and that's what makes it so charming and compelling. The show excels in what it tries to convey regarding adventure, making the most of your life, finding yourself and your passions, never giving up, growing up, friendship and most importantly overcoming difficulties to reach your goal. The lively and optimistic atmosphere gives the show a real motivational vibe to it and that's exactly the kinda thing I love. In a sense, what the show tries to convey, the style of writing and the charm it has is very reminiscent of Love Live and that alone lets it score huge huge points with me and besides I'm just a sucker for a good coming of age story anyway.
Huge props to Madhouse as well for giving us this, they got it right.

I feel the last few lines of the show describe it the best,
"When you go on a journey, there are things you learn for the first time.
'That this scenery is indispensable.'
'That people change, the world changes, even when you're not looking.'
'That there's no such this as a 'nothing' day.'
'That your house has it's own smell.'
'If you want to learn those things, you've gotta get moving. Then just keep moving until you see something you've never seen before.'
'No matter how far you go, the world is big, you'll definitely find something new.'
'It's a little scary, but I know you can do it.'
'Because people who feel the same way will find you right away.'"

10/10 , 'We'll go on another journey someday'
Truly one of the most charming shows I've seen till date.

Lelouch0202Mar 27, 2018 6:33 AM
Mar 27, 2018 6:20 AM
Dec 2017
So glad I stayed up to watch this despite having an exam (ANIME IS LIFE, DON'T JUDGE ME!) It's a nice ending to this, lol at the last scene post credits... seems like the 'break up' was merely her way of coping, it was hilarious to see she's now in the Arctic :D and we finally got to see what Shirase's mom wrote!!!! Aurora lights! what an amazing find!!! This anime has it all, and I'm glad and happy... best anime for this year I would say, (as of right now, anyways). Lol'd hard at Kimari offering to cut Shirase's hair hahaha !!!
Mar 27, 2018 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
Amazing finale. Anime of the season for me.
Mar 27, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2008
a very well done finale; to one of my easy top 3s of the season.
Mar 27, 2018 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Wonderful end for an amazing adventure,personally I think this was the biggest surprise of Winter 18.

The premise already suggested that this wouldn't be your ordinary cute girls series, but this exceeded all my expectations. The adventure theme, along with the development for the cast and the well handled drama made made this a very memorable experience. Comedywise it certainly delivered too.

Technical aspects as art,soundtracks and atmosphere were also great. And the ED song was easily my favorite this season(with Gintamas).

It's been a while since Madhouse brought us such a good anime.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2018 6:27 AM

Dec 2017
Another fantastic anime ended. Hope we get to see more of this and Yuru Camp in the future.
AOTS for me :]
Mar 27, 2018 6:28 AM
Nov 2017
Unbelievable show!!! 10/10. As i was starting to tear up after seeing that big ass smile from Shirase and then again when she got the picture text, I then started thinking about the show on a personal level and started balling when I realized how it felt when it truly hit Gin and Shirase that its 100% confirmed Takako is gone. I know for a fact, even if I had 100 friends, I would've went off the deep end in depression, especially if like her my dad wasnt in my life either. What a strong bunch of girls.
Mar 27, 2018 6:32 AM
Dec 2014
Wonderful truly wonderful this anime was a pleasant surprise AOTS totally deserve it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2018 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my god she actually left treasure at the south pole why is she so cool omg I love her and I love her short hair
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Mar 27, 2018 6:39 AM

Jul 2017
AOTS!

I think this could even be AOTY since I was just amazed from start to end. Even with very strong shows coming out in the next season.

Truly a 10/10 show. I got to experience a journey for the last few months that I will truly treasure.
Mar 27, 2018 6:49 AM

Oct 2016
This was an amazing show. Definitely AOTS for me and very strong candidate for AOTY too. Awesome characters, good soundtrack, art and animation was excellent too. And pacing didn't feel rushed or anything which was surprising for a 13 episode series.

Can't give this anything lower than 10/10.
Mar 27, 2018 6:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hinata best girl of 2018 so far<3

and top 3 anime this season<3
Mar 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Aug 2011
AOTS. What a great ending. 10/10. Wish for season 2
Mar 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Jun 2017
Please, spoiler me if you want, cause i don't know if there is a manga, novel or whatever, do they find Shirase's mom? :(
"Gradually Watermelon"
Mar 27, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2013
Easily AOTS, most likely even AOTY. It's just hard for any anime to top this one no matter the genre. Can't believe I didn't start watching this until it reached episode 5.

10/10
Mar 27, 2018 6:57 AM
Nov 2017
So, Kimari went to the Antarctic (Southern Hemisphere) while her friend went to the Arctic (Northern Hemisphere), I smell competition.
Mar 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Oct 2014
YumiShinku said:
Please, spoiler me if you want, cause i don't know if there is a manga, novel or whatever, do they find Shirase's mom? :(

It's an original anime, so RIP there's no spoiler.
Mar 27, 2018 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
Well, this was incredibly touching. Was a fun ride, anime of the season and 10/10 for me. Hope to see the girls on another journey someday..

Nov 2012
YumiShinku said:

NO, they don't.

MoeGod said:
Easily AOTS, most likely even AOTY. It's just hard for any anime to top this one no matter the genre. Can't believe I didn't start watching this until it reached episode 5.

11/01

FTFY

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 2014
Anime of the year? Nope. Dont think so. This is THE BEST ANIME I've seen in my life. And that's a lot coming from a 35 year old otaku. The art, the story, the pacing, the soundtrack, the seiyuus, the details, the characters. Dammit what magic did Madhouse use to make it this good? I can't even find a single flaw in this anime. I thought perfect anime don't exist. But here it is now.

Hoping for a movie next. Dont care if it just a recap movie. Since it's still gonna be top tier quality. Gonna re watch the entire season this weekend.

Mar 27, 2018 7:03 AM

Jan 2018
I woke up at 6 a.m. just so I could watch this as soon as it hit Crunchyroll and I was not disappointed. One of the easiest 10/10s I've ever given.
Mar 27, 2018 7:05 AM

Sep 2016
I recommend all of you guys to watch Uchuu Kyodai, similar type of anime, miles better.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2018 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
What a spectacular show, so inspiring and fun to watch.

I hope to experience a one of a kind adventure like them.
Mar 27, 2018 7:11 AM

Nov 2012
GangsterCat said:
I recommend all of you guys to watch Uchuu Kyodai, similar type of anime, miles better.

Will do, but don't get your hopes up. I'll probably relate more to a group of teenage autistic dorks achieving something than to a mature protagonist achieving something.
SeaJaegerMar 27, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 27, 2018 7:18 AM
Jul 2018

You certainly will be on a new trip. I want a new trip!
The best anime in winter in 2018!
Mar 27, 2018 7:21 AM

Jan 2016
what a fucking journey! I cried, I laughed, but most of all I loved this anime! It's
been a while since an anime has made me feel so much love towards it as this has, it's breathtaking tbh!

One of the most easy 10/10 I'll ever give out, probably AOTY
Mar 27, 2018 7:22 AM

Sep 2017
Excellent show. Wrapped things up pretty nicely and, honestly, when I started watching this I noticed the great technical aspects and characterization, but I didn't expect that it would make me cry. Honestly, I expect media in general to not make cry, but this managed to do it. However, this series' second third is a bit weaker than the first and last third.

8/10
miguitronikMar 29, 2018 3:24 PM
Mar 27, 2018 7:36 AM

Jan 2016
Amazing ending to an amazing show. Definitely AOTS. I loved the animation and the art, the characters are wonderful too, everything about this show I loved. It's sad to see it go, but everything comes to an end. 9/10
Mar 27, 2018 7:40 AM

Feb 2016
Omg, everything was so beautiful, lot of amazing shots on this episode, and we finally got the Aurora Australis! :D

Even if Shirase got her Hair nerfed, her smile is so adorable! Gotta protect this Smile!

10/10, AOTS and HIGH AOTY Contender
CrimsonWandererMar 27, 2018 8:43 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 27, 2018 7:42 AM
Oct 2016
This Anime was truly amazing. I loved it.
I will miss the crew and the girls.

Anime of the season definitely.
Mar 27, 2018 7:42 AM
Oct 2016
This Anime was truly amazing. I loved it.
I will miss the crew and the girls.

Anime of the season definitely.
Mar 27, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2016
And we get to the end of this beautiful journey. I cannot put into words just how special and unique this show was for me. I'll never forget this, I'll never forget them. It hurts to say goodbye, so I won't. See you again.
Mar 27, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
And so, after some snow baseball, a haircut, and the night sky the girls leave. This series was alright but I soured on it near the end with opinions I've already expressed and been lambasted over. Whatever, 7/10.
Mar 27, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Fantastic conclusion. I think we all learned a positive message on life here, and to appreciate the beauty of life. The aurora was a nice inclusion at the end!
Oh, and legends say that that ball is still travelling making rounds of Antarctica. ;)
Mar 27, 2018 7:52 AM

Sep 2008
the hell.... i came here expecting to get a "cute girls donig cute things" anime so why did i get a such beautiful story, such a great cast, damn it almost cried every episode... fuck this show for being so good, i'll put a 9/10 and its not a ten just because i reserve those to timeless masterpices like code geass and gurren lagan, but if not for that, it would be 10/10

also, kimari's friend in the artic, priceless

HereticHunter said:

[spoiler]
omg this smile, so good

Even if Shirase got her Hair nerfed, her smile is so adorable! Gotta protect this Smile!
[spoiler]
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 27, 2018 7:56 AM

Feb 2014
It's always good to see an anime actually end its story.

Probably the most "feel good" and the best anime of the season for me. I especially liked the interactions and chemistry between the girls, which is the best I've seen since K-On.

GangsterCat said:

fuck off japan with your "character development" cutting hair bullshit
dropped 0/10

Yeah, they just had to go and shove that cliche in. But she looks cute in short hair, so I'll let it pass.
Mar 27, 2018 7:59 AM
Jul 2015
9.5/10 I'm rewatching this with my mom already.
Mar 27, 2018 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
One of the best final episode I've seen this season. I really clapped my hands after watching. Such a beautiful anime. Good job, Madhouse.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Binge or slow watch?

Crystalligator - Aug 23

18 by GoldEEr »»
Aug 28, 5:21 PM

» What's good about this ?

Bruh-__- - Nov 25, 2021

25 by Laplace_kun »»
Aug 23, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

309 by LostBoii »»
Aug 22, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2018

214 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 18, 7:41 AM

» How realistic is this??

Sandro8604 - May 25, 2021

12 by Tacsk0 »»
Aug 13, 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.