Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2018 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The finale aired today on Tokyo MX.
http://mahoyome.jp/category/news/#n311

Pretty intense stuff. We got Chise trying to stop Cartaphilus and make things right. I felt the psychology of this finale was pretty well done. That insert song is also quite beautiful imo during that embrace scene.

After battling her own personal demons, she's also able to make up with Elias. and putting on a beautiful dress. Overall, I thought this was an incredible journey for her since being introduced in the beginning.
Stark700Mar 23, 2018 4:07 AM
Mar 23, 2018 4:09 AM
Jul 2016
One of my favorites manga ever. The anime was very good too. I hope they make a second season :S
Mar 23, 2018 6:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great final for this season!!!

9/10 it was a series with itself style, with a great rhythm and I hope the second season will be the same way!!!
Mar 23, 2018 10:14 AM

Jun 2017
Great series and MY BEST NEW SERIES OF 2017.

Really a great adaptation of the manga.

And got especially good after episode 12.

Gotta miss it and will hope for season 2.

A real good 9/10.
Mar 23, 2018 1:25 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah. Really good finale. Wrapped things up but leaving room for another season. Hope people realize that we are completely caught up with the manga. Beyond it actually. So expect at least three to four years for another season if there is one. Maybe less if they plan to only do 12 episodes.
Mar 23, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2011
Hoping for a Season 2 someday
Mar 24, 2018 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
Hate to be the first lukewarm comment, but that was ok. I'm just left unsatisfied...
Mar 24, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2016
And so it ended, and it ended with the happy end! They even got kind of a married at the end, great!

Interesting show overall, i liked it. And i would also like to read the manga but, as i read ... somehow this adaptation covered the whole thing so, guess i'll wait for the second season (somewhere around the 2030).
Mar 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
Beautiful conclusion for a pretty good show. Happy end for everyone involved,Chise and Stella celebrating their birthday,also proposal and marriage at the end. All in all very satisfying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
An amazing finale for an amazing show. Chise and Stella celebrating their birthday was nice. The marriage at the end was beautiful. Chise has developed a lot and so has Elias. This was a very good show overall. The characters were wonderful and the OST and visuals were lovely. 8/10
Mar 24, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2017
Man, these last episodes had me on the edge of my seat, Chise is an angel and looks incredible in that wedding dress, I love Silky, 9/10
cunnysseur
Mar 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Sep 2017
I've been following this series since September when I first watched the OVAs, this series has been amazing all the way through and while I'm sad to see it end, the wedding scene made me cry and also be happy so much that I'm okay with it ending <3
This anime really means a lot to me, I hope that the manga can keep going for a long time so that I can keep enjoying this series until it's fully over. 10/10 for me, flaws and all.
Mar 24, 2018 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
A beautiful series beginning to end. No words can describe how magical this anime was. 9/10
Mar 24, 2018 11:46 AM

Feb 2017
Bride Chise is beautiful.

Satisfying finale to a great show. Motifs taken from old European folk stories really made me feel like a child reading and listening to those fairy tales again. It was a great and satisfying journey watching Chise's adventures. Looking forward to continuing the story in the manga. I hope we get season 2 someday, but that will most likely be far in the future.

9/10
Mar 24, 2018 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
First of all: Please don't get me wrong in any way, I do not want to bash anyone's love for this anime. Everything that follows is just my opinion ;) (Keep in mind, different people like different things)

I liked the first half to the point where I gave the anime a 8 and I had nothing put praise during the first 3-4 episodes.

Now with the second half it plummed down to 5 :(

I felt so annoyed by the constant repetitions and fake cliffhangers or fake "Chise is in danger situations" that I had real troubles to enjoy it. Not all of them were "fake" but way too many. Even a fake death we had this time, only to be resolved within 1 minute).
And seriously the issue with what Elias wanted to do to Stella is WAY to easily resolved, it nearly made me sick.

The graphics alone couldn't help me to enjoy the anime more unfortunately...

Somehow I also couldn't warm up to the main characters, and it's not because of the difficult mind sets. So many scenes left them in bad light. Elias for obvious reasons. And Chise because of her non-existing possibilty to LISTEN to anything someone warns her of. I get that she doesn't value her life a lot and she is traumatized but I personally cannot enjoy this kind of behavior nonstop.

I'm glad however that I pulled through, it was no horrible watch. But I'll skip on a possible second season ;)

Eternal love for Ruth and Silky though <3
Mar 24, 2018 11:49 AM

Aug 2015
The fight was okay but definitely would like to see Chise actually hit someone. So they solved the problem by giving Chise both curses and let them fight in her body. Okay. Joseph seems alright. No more ashen eye for the moment. Chise and Elias finally talk about their issues with each other's actions. Then the whole "wedding" scene was nice. Maybe season two, I don't know. Hopefully the manga makes this look alot better.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 24, 2018 11:56 AM

Jun 2016
This was a great last episode but for me personally it hasn't done enough to make up for the general lack of direction the series suffered from for most of the second cour.

Technically, it's a very beautiful show and the characters were great, but it just lacked a concrete story other than Elias & Chise getting into trouble.

Mar 24, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2016
omfg, Silky is way too adorable I swear <3

Pretty great Finale honestly, very heartwarming and beautiful in many ways. 9/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 24, 2018 12:07 PM

Jul 2017
Damn these last two ep has made Cartaphilus my favorite character in this series
Mar 24, 2018 12:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah this was a great finale. I loved it.

Chise finally confronts Cartaphilus and sets the record straight. I like how she now has Cartaphilus inside of her, giving her a longer time to live as he'll keep the dragon in check even though it will still eventually get her one day. The scenes with her visiting Angelica and Stella were sweet as she gets her own party and an item from Angelica. The ending was just beautiful though. Chise looked gorgeous in her dress like it was a real wedding and she gave Elias a ring so they can tell when one of them is in danger.

I loved how she asked if she could stay by Elias's side even though he warned her about how much trouble he still can be and both were in agreement. Such a nice open ended ending. As a huge fan of the series, this adaptation was literally all that I could ever ask for.

I still remember back when I started the manga years ago and instantly fell in love with it, yearning for an adaptation. I was skeptical at Wit Studio being the one to adapt it as their forte is mostly action shows but I'm glad they put my fears to rest. Wit has done a wonderful job with the series and gave it so much care all throughout it's run. Even with it's flaws, this is going in my favorites of all time.

Bless Wit Studio and here's hoping someday that they'll give it a second season!
Mar 24, 2018 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
Gotta love Silky...
Great way to end the series overall.
Mar 24, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2018
One of the most satisfying endings I've watched. Enjoyed this series a lot!
Mar 24, 2018 12:25 PM
Nov 2016
Still confused at why Joseph wanted Chise's eye or how Cartaphilus is still in Chise if we saw a scene where she had both of her eyes, not Joseph's.
Mar 24, 2018 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
Great ending I thought that was a ring. I was not expecting a wedding dress from Stella. Glad she made peace with Joseph and Cartipphilus it is going to take some time before she can call him husband
Mar 24, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
Nice ending, sad to see it come to an end but it was definitely an enjoyable ride.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 24, 2018 12:43 PM
Mar 2013
I also felt lukewarm towards this episode. It was good, but given that the show was not afraid of going to dark places in the past and getting a bit more gritty, I am a bit surprised that they wrapped up all that with a 'meh' fight, and spent several minutes on a cliche ending. I'd have been happier with this anywhere else, but I was expecting a lot more from mahoutsukai no yome.
P.S. if I were to imagine a different ending, I'd have skipped the gifted dresses, and have some fairy magic whip up a cute scene at the ending instead of human contrivances.
Mar 24, 2018 12:43 PM

Aug 2015
A great adaptation covering the entire manga as of now, though I thought it was a better reading experience. I really want her to go to the college at some point in the manga, but that will probably be a while. Probably another 4 years before a new anime can come out, but I'd be happy with just this season.
Mar 24, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2016
Such a beautifull ending! Loved this anime, 10/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 24, 2018 12:46 PM
Nov 2016
What an amazing episode! I really like how we found out more and more about Cartaphilus trough the show. He isn't a villain for the sake of it, but beacuse he had a tough life. I almost cried twice during this episode (once when Chise almost dies, and second when the main theme with vocals played)! I am really glad to hear the main theme with vocals. It really is powerfull considering we didn't heart it in a while. The episode has some bad things (everybody survives, it seems like there wasn't much of a fight) but even so there are some amazing things about this episode, and it is my favourite one so far. I am kinda sad that the show ended but I know there will probably be another season so I am realy looking foward to it.
Amazing show, amazing finale.

9.5- episode 24
8.57- whole season
Mar 24, 2018 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
So more self-sacrifice and endless understanding coming from Chise concludes the last arc as well. The wedding almost felt like fan-fiction, with the problems they previously had being part of the chibi humor for the episode. Wow.

RoboRaptor said:
Still confused at why Joseph wanted Chise's eye or how Cartaphilus is still in Chise if we saw a scene where she had both of her eyes, not Joseph's.
I guess the point of making Joseph's eye look like hers is to depict that it's a part of her from now onwards (and considering everything else in the scene it makes sense).

Mar 24, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
Great final episode.

I like how Chise accepts cartophilus within her so both his and the dragon's curse kinda achieve some sort of neutralized harmony. :)

Silkie hugging Chise after she woke up was so sweet. <3

So does that mean Joseph is his own self now?

I couldn't stop smiling when Stella celebrated Chise's birthday with her own.

Chise looked beautiful with the veil and dress at the end. Lovely moment she and Elias shared at the end.

Overall, fantastic adaptation. Stayed true to the manga with beautiful art and some stunning animation at points. They really nailed the atmosphere of the show by giving it that fantastical and magical tone while also giving it that dark undertone. Fantastic soundtrack as well. Always loved the characters of this series especially Chise and Elias's realtionship of how they teach other. Overall, they pretty much delivered all the moments I wanted to see. Great stuff.

9/10, hope there's a second season at some point once we get enough material.
Lelouch0202Mar 24, 2018 1:02 PM
Mar 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Jan 2018
AvidAnimeViewer said:
A great adaptation covering the entire manga as of now, though I thought it was a better reading experience. I really want her to go to the college at some point in the manga, but that will probably be a while. Probably another 4 years before a new anime can come out, but I'd be happy with just this season.

Next arc in the manga will start at May and be all about the College, so... it seems you got your wish :D

-------

As for the episode 24: I don't care what anyone says, I loved every minute of it, and my heart was bursting with feels the whole time. It still is, actually. Happy tears were shed during the wedding, even if might or might not become canon in the manga.

Overall, this anime has been truly a magical and emotional journey for me, and I'm sad and reluctant to leave it behind. Here's hoping that one day they'll make a second season...

Until then, I'll going to continue moving on with the manga, one amazing experience richer and more graceful about that than I could ever express with words.
Symbol_of_EvilMar 24, 2018 1:09 PM
Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever
Mar 24, 2018 1:20 PM

Jul 2017
9/10 also that was a very good end
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.
Mar 24, 2018 1:23 PM

Mar 2018
Okay now I can say it for sure: this IS my favourite anime of 2017. The ending was intense and utterly gorgeous. I was so afraid they would mess it up - hooray they didn't! I LOVED the ending and it was such a perfect ending also for Chise. She came from a very dark place and now there is light and beauty in her life. Yes, it is still dangerous but she has grown in strength and character. She is no longer insecure and she has made peace with her mother and the memory she had of her. quite a few storylines could never be truly finished which is why I am hoping for a second season or a movie but for now, I am happy.
huntress1013Mar 24, 2018 1:27 PM
Mar 24, 2018 1:24 PM

Feb 2018
I really enjoyed watching this show and this episode was a good end. I do have one gripe, and that would be the final confrontation between Chise and Cartaphilus was a bit anticlimactic, at least to me. Overall great show, would recommend.
Mar 24, 2018 1:45 PM
Jul 2016
i knew it would end in a wedding <3
the episode felt a little rushed so i'm guessing they only had a TL:DR version of the next few chapters. i can't wait to see how the manga will wrap up these (final?) arcs chapters.
i feel like this was left open for a future season, as these are still a few mysteries:
-what did ashen eyes want?
-where did chise's dad go?
-what is the "college" and what do they want?
-where did elias come from?

i hope this isn't the end but if it is it was a satisfying one
Mar 24, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Good series, I make a good decision when I decide to see this anime. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
Man, that episode went by so fast. A fine wrap-up.
Mar 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
I originally wanted to give this 8/10, but after the last episode, I'm forced to give it 7/10. It had some pretty intense moments throughout and I mostly enjoyed it, but this episode felt terribly anticlimactic.
Mar 24, 2018 2:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A happy ending? I don't know why, but somehow I did not expect that. I thought there would be more bittersweetness for some reason.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see Chise get a "happily ever after" ending after all the crap she's gone through. I really enjoyed this show, it had likable characters, great music, and beautiful animation. Sometimes the story got repetitive with dramatic cliffhangers that ended up being resolved within the first 5 minutes of the next episode, but still, I thought this was a solid show overall. I'd love to see a second season someday.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 2018 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
Overall that was a nice closure to the story, Chise looked beatiful in the dress. And they looked together so cute. But the fight felt a little weird, thought that some specific stuff was left out which made it quite confusing.

I feel like manga ending will be pretty much the same, but a bit different to continue the story. Reading quite a lot of stuff which might be adapted so i wonder sometimes how different the experience will be.

Enjoyed the first half more, the ending was nice, but a bit underwhelming. Going from 8 to 7/10, but still really interested where the manga is going. Silky <3
Mar 24, 2018 2:32 PM

Sep 2010
xXTensaZenXx said:
Hate to be the first lukewarm comment, but that was ok. I'm just left unsatisfied...

same here; was expecting a bit more of the last episode

Overall it was a visually beautiful anime though - if there's gonna be a season 2 I'll watch it; even though I still don't like Elias, I still have some questions

skipped through the 'wedding'
Mar 24, 2018 2:45 PM

Mar 2015
Thanks for this magical journey! :)
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Mar 24, 2018 2:55 PM

Jun 2017
What an amazing show! I'm not going to lie though, half the time I felt like I had no idea what was going on or how, but that was part of the shows charm!
Mar 24, 2018 2:58 PM
May 2016
taskubanaani said:
i knew it would end in a wedding <3
the episode felt a little rushed so i'm guessing they only had a TL:DR version of the next few chapters. i can't wait to see how the manga will wrap up these (final?) arcs chapters.
i feel like this was left open for a future season, as these are still a few mysteries:
-what did ashen eyes want?
-where did chise's dad go?
-what is the "college" and what do they want?
-where did elias come from?

i hope this isn't the end but if it is it was a satisfying one

Here is my theory over your questions at least.
-Ashen eyes just wanted something fun, like when he turned Chize into a fox originally it seems he only came there at all for a bit of fun, since he is so powerful i'd imagine there would be something else for him to gain. And it seems that was his goal with joseph as well seeing how he called it boring once Joseph decided to just sleep.
-Chize's dad seems to have been threatened into leaving Chize as well as taking the boy along by that squirrel (forgot what it was) demon, and it was probably powerful enough that he wouldn't be able to best it in a 1 on 1 fight. And why they would want the male gone is since he was their protector, and the boy might grow up stronger than a female would thus wanting to remove any risks, and since both of the girls where sleigh beggy it wouldn't be unreasonable for someone to want to eat them or so on, since a demon seems to be what was making her mother choke her. (Since she was acting as she was but that is what i got from it anyhow.)
-The college is probably just a generic magical college where students can study magic safely under some knowledgeable teachers in a safe environment, while collecting data and research for the greater good of mankind or something along those lines. (As well as seemingly giving the students a chance (or forced) work there after they graduate probably.)
-And while we don't know where Elias came from since everyone calls him a failure i'd imagine some well known magician was making experiments like Joseph and made a crossbreed of an elf and something else and thus Elias came to being. And maybe he escaped thus losing his memories and not remembering anything (might even have been Joseph in an early stage who made him but who knows.) Thou other than that i have nothing i can really say about him, while most of this feels like good ideas i'm not sure about the Elias part at least.
Mar 24, 2018 3:11 PM

Jun 2017
I am kind of guessing this was an anime original ending because it was left open way too much. It passes for what it is. I wonder where the manga takes things next.

Overall it was a great adaptation with a few pacing issues here and there but the finale was really nailed.
Mar 24, 2018 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Chise managing to stop Cartaphilus/Joseph.
LOL Chise waking up & immediately arguing with Elias.

She looks great in her bridal dress.

Overall an enjoyable show. Loved the atmosphere & scenery of the show. The music was great as well.

Overall 8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 24, 2018 3:34 PM
Feb 2012
one day we might get a better show with a red haired girl
like Yona of the Dawn second season
Mar 24, 2018 3:35 PM
May 2017
I am satisfied with how 'Mahoutsukai no Yome' ended.

Considering the second cour rush and some production mistakes, the anime is great and better for who read the manga because the manga clears any misunderstanding about the story.

Its art, animation, music and how well it remains inside the manga story, as excellent as it is, are some of the pros of the anime.

It was rewarding to watch how Chise helped Joseph and accepted Cartaphilus inside herself to continue living.

Chise and Elias ending was heartwarming and well deserved, as they are a great couple.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

119 by Thaliel »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.