Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of TV Anime 'Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!' Announced

New
Mar 15, 2018 4:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! (Ace Attorney) TV anime revealed on Friday that the series will receive a second season. Titled Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu," Igi Ari! Season 2, the anime will broadcast this fall via Yomiuri TV systems. The staff and cast members will reprise their roles.

The anime series is based on Capcom's mystery thriller game by the same title, which was released in 2001. The game also received a live-action film, a stage play, a musical, and a manga adaptation previously. Produced by A-1 Pictures, the first season aired in spring 2016 for 24 episodes, and was simulcast by Crunchyroll.

Funimation licensed the anime series for North American distribution and released the first Blu-ray and DVD volume earlier this year on January 23, with plans to release the second volume in May 2018.

Source: Comic Natalie

Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 16, 2018 3:04 PM

Mar 15, 2018 4:46 PM

Nov 2008
Looks like the the whole trilogy will be adapted after all. Fall will be enough time to finish the second cour of the first season.

Mar 15, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2015
Nice! I enjoyed S1, I can't wait to see the third game adapted, seeing Godot animated will be hype.
Mar 15, 2018 4:49 PM

May 2013
Time to disapoint fans one more time
Est-ce que ton frigo marche ?
Mar 15, 2018 4:51 PM

Mar 2014
"The staff and cast members will reprise their roles."
Pranked.

Mar 15, 2018 5:01 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Yeah no thanks. In a positive note, I really hope they will do better this second run. I’m gonna have to finish up the first season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2018 5:07 PM

May 2015
Yikes. Not gonna pick this up, since I didn't really enjoy the first season. Good for the fans, though.

Mar 15, 2018 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Here's my input tbh: I didn't thought it was that bad, just kinda weak xS

But it means that I have enough time to finish it.
Mar 15, 2018 5:52 PM

Mar 2015
i mean, japan TV ranking of it is really high, not that surprise..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 15, 2018 6:20 PM

Feb 2013
I mean, the first season wasn't really good + the animation was kinda bland but damn I'M HYPED!!! FINALLY SOME GODOT!!
Mar 15, 2018 6:21 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This got an insane amount of viewing due to it's time slot. Despite is being pretty shitty. I mean, as a fan of the games it's alright but meeeeeh.
Mar 15, 2018 6:45 PM

Apr 2016
"Staff will reprise their roles" goddammit

Honestly an Ace Attorney anime could be great if it was directed like Death Note or Kaiji and it could potentially draw new fans to the games but instead what we have is a boring adaptation that has little appeal besides "WOW HOLY SHIT THIS IS JUST LIKE IN THE GAMES". But I mean if there are enough fans to be satisfied by that alone I guess I can't complain.
Mar 15, 2018 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
This definitely ranks on the "unexpected sequels" list. The first season wasn't that good but it was kind of a guilty pleasure so I'm actually looking forward to this a bit.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 15, 2018 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
THIS GETS A SEQUEL? I hope other shows that deserve a sequel get one too. I thought this was received quite poorly everywhere.
Mar 15, 2018 7:53 PM

Mar 2016
I'm sort of looking forward to hearing Kaji go "IGI ARI!" again lol.
NanDemoNai_Mar 15, 2018 7:56 PM
Mar 15, 2018 7:59 PM
Mar 2010
I tried hard to like this show, I really did, but I just couldn’t. Good for the fans though.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 15, 2018 10:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Phoenix Wright just does not work in an anime format. Despite the third game being the best in the series, I doubt I'll enjoy its adaptation.
Mar 16, 2018 1:53 AM

Nov 2008
Why?

Like, seriously, why?
Mar 16, 2018 1:53 AM

Mar 2014
Just great, just when so many good animes are getting sequels...they announce this crap.

First season was MEH at best.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 16, 2018 2:54 AM
Jan 2017
In the future, I hope to see other characters like Apollo Justice, Emma Sky and Athena Cykes on anime series.
Mar 16, 2018 3:23 AM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Why?

Like, seriously, why?

I join. I heard many complaints to this anime from fans of an original franchize.
Mar 16, 2018 4:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I would be hyped for it, IF they actually gave this season to someone that actually does a good job, and IF those backing this project, the so called producers actually came with some decent budget to deliver something actually good, which clearly wasnt the case with S1!
Mar 16, 2018 6:01 AM
Jul 2011
I kind of liked season 1. The show was similar to those early shitty episodes of Detective Conan.

Also for the people asking "Why?" - this is payed by Yomiuri TV.
They stick to their licenses but adapt them really cheaply - Conan (nearly 900 episodes and counting), Kindaichi (148 + 25 + 22 + specials ), Time Bokan 24 (which is horrible)...some kind of business model to fill TV slots.
Mar 16, 2018 8:51 AM

May 2012
How the hell this shit got 2nd season. The 1st season was so shit and I did not complete it
Mar 16, 2018 12:14 PM
Nov 2017
Not sure about other people, but personally I'm pumped for season 2. The original series was a guilty pleasure through and through, hope they up the production quality this time though.
Mar 16, 2018 1:40 PM

Sep 2009

Don't let them do this.

I can't bear to let them ruin T&T.

A-1 Pictures must be stopped at all costs.

Literally. Eradicate them from the face of the earth. They are the single worst anime studio currently active, even ignoring the travesty that was the first AA anime.

We must march on them.

We must take back our franchise.

We must do

what

we

must.
Mar 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Apr 2011
My favorite game of the series. Looking forward to seeing Godot animated.... and seeing more Franziska. :)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 16, 2018 4:32 PM

May 2008
Some of ya'll need to keep in mind that anime adaptions of video games are MEANT for people who PLAYED the games. They're advertisements but also it's directed at people who already have knowledge of the media it's behind.

I was sad we didn't get T&T animated after the first 2 games were, so I'm rather excited for this to finally happen. Seeing Dahlia Hawthorne and Godot is going to be some shit to deal with for sure. I'm pumped.

Now I want them to animate Apollo Justice.

Mar 16, 2018 6:32 PM

Sep 2009
KayChan4U said:
Some of ya'll need to keep in mind that anime adaptions of video games are MEANT for people who PLAYED the games.

As someone who has played the games I'm pretty sure this anime wasn't meant for me.

It's beyond me who the fuck they thought they were appealing to, but still.
Mar 16, 2018 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
Lindle said:

Don't let them do this.

I can't bear to let them ruin T&T.

A-1 Pictures must be stopped at all costs.

Literally. Eradicate them from the face of the earth. They are the single worst anime studio currently active, even ignoring the travesty that was the first AA anime.

We must march on them.

We must take back our franchise.

We must do

what

we

must.

A-1 simply animation studio for this series, they didn't even have aniplex funding for this franchise... it was mostly Yomiuri TV channel who funding and they are mostly the one who make decision... the licence even still fully owned by them... this for filling their slot and contradict to what critics and mal reception out of it, it was popular in japan...
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-19-25/.107059
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Oct 2012
Kuma said:

A-1 simply animation studio for this series, they didn't even have aniplex funding for this franchise... it was mostly Yomiuri TV channel who funding and they are mostly the one who make decision... the licence even still fully owned by them... this for filling their slot and contradict to what critics and mal reception out of it, it was popular in japan...
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-19-25/.107059

I'm no expert but looks like it could have been popular just because of it's prime time spot before two other highly watched shows. It's probably cheaper for Yomiuri to request a second season if they're happy enough with the ratings.
Mar 16, 2018 11:24 PM

Mar 2015
modboy said:
Kuma said:

I'm no expert but looks like it could have been popular just because of it's prime time spot before two other highly watched shows. It's probably cheaper for Yomiuri to request a second season if they're happy enough with the ratings.

exactly, it simply a fullfill slot, but it does popular... why not making it again? it's cheap to made already succesful anyways...
Mar 17, 2018 4:52 AM
May 2016
I don't understand how this anime had so many fans as to warrant a second season. Sure, hardcore fans of the games will probably watch it no matter what, but as a stand alone anime it was mediocre and a big disappointment. It did nothing to hook new fans. I've heard the English dub is slightly better, but I dropped it after only four episodes when it first aired
Mar 17, 2018 6:44 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:

I know, I'm being hyperbolic. Can we still destroy A-1 anyway?
Mar 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Mar 2015
Lindle said:
Kuma said:

wotaku no koi is upcoming, so you had to fight me...
Mar 18, 2018 7:21 AM

Sep 2009
Kuma said:
Lindle said:

wotaku no koi is upcoming, so you had to fight me...

It's okay, Wotaku airs April and will be finished before this abomination drops. There's a sweet spot in the middle.
Mar 19, 2018 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
ShyGuyDY said:
I don't understand how this anime had so many fans as to warrant a second season. Sure, hardcore fans of the games will probably watch it no matter what, but as a stand alone anime it was mediocre and a big disappointment. It did nothing to hook new fans. I've heard the English dub is slightly better, but I dropped it after only four episodes when it first aired

lol. I don't fucking understand either. I thought the anime adaptation just be made in order to promote the sixth game. Which is why the production looks very low in budget.

but a sequel? seriously wtf.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 8, 2018 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
OP: "Never Lose" by Tomohisa Yamashita
ED: "Starting Blue (スターティングブルー)" by halca
http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/music/

OP2: "Reason" by Tomohisa Yamashita
https://natalie.mu/music/news/313662 (single will include both OPs)
ED2: "Beautiful Days (ビューティフルデイズ)" by Coala Mode.
https://natalie.mu/music/news/313147
tsubasaloverJan 11, 2019 11:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

28 by thebrentinator24 »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.