Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this was intense. A mad dragon is really to be feared.

I like the chereography of this episode tbh. The mixture of the urban city night and fantasy element made the episode feel alive. At least they managed to get the dragon under control.

It's going to be interesting to see how Chise adapt with this Dragon's Curse in the aftermath. Elias and Chise's relationship is still really heartwarming to watch imo.
Feb 24, 2018 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
So let's see ... Chise with new gimmick, new witch girl in town, witch gathering and that white haired dude is here again, damn and something definetelly is with Stella.

"life for a life" ... they gonna kill that dragon! Jesus.
Feb 24, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
Chise was able to take care of the dragon by calming it down, but at the cost of getting a dragon curse. That arm looks creepy. She's going to have to join some witches to get rid of it. I have a feeling the dragon is going to die to make that happen.
Feb 24, 2018 11:05 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. They managed to calm the dragon down but at the cost of Chise now being stuck with a dragon curse that will shorten her lifespan even more. I wonder how much better off Chise would be if she were to go with Shannon and live in the land of fae. For now she'll have to make do with the witch cult that should help her in some way.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Chise managed to calm down the dragon but was inflicted with a Dargon's curse in it's stead.

Felt really bad for her when she mentioned how having yet another curse when she's already cursed is nothing big for her. T.T

A witch shows up and invites Chise to the gathering of witches mentioning they might be able to do something for her. Wonder what this is gonna lead too.

I'm glad Chise decided that she wanted to live but hard reality, the body of a Sleigh Beggy is taking it's toll on her.
Stella seems to have witnessed the condition, wonder what she's gonna have to say about it.

The ending with Cartophilus contrasting his curse of living forever with Chise's curse leading her to death was really good.
Looking forward to next week, a life for a life. :(
Feb 24, 2018 11:49 AM
Jul 2016
Good episode, but this feels extremely rushed. After so many stupid cliffhangers, something extremely serious happens to Chise and they just skim over it. They should have slowed down after the revelation about the curse. Instead they jump from one event to another with no pause and the emotional impact isn't as strong as it could have been.

At least is there a good stopping point in the manga that they are trying to reach or are they rushing for no reason?
Feb 24, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
Mouloxas said:
Good episode, but this feels extremely rushed. After so many stupid cliffhangers, something extremely serious happens to Chise and they just skim over it. They should have slowed down after the revelation about the curse. Instead they jump from one event to another with no pause and the emotional impact isn't as strong as it could have been.

At least is there a good stopping point in the manga that they are trying to reach or are they rushing for no reason?

Thing is this ended on chapter 37 and the most recent chapter is 43... So they've rushed it quite a bit I guess. The anime will go beyond the manga, so they're probably going to go original for the ending.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Feb 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode, the first part was action with dragon, i think the animation was really good this time was really noticeable. Chise's reaction after waking up just "WOW" =/

Second half was more like transitioning, more and more stuff skipped for the most part explanations. Silkie's reaction is the best!
Feb 24, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2015
The show does manage to seem fairly forced to me, putting yet another timer on Chise to create drama, introducing a new character suddenly to progress the story, and Cartiphilus’s monologue to explain his motive could have been done more creatively. I did like the discussion between Chise and Elias, there has definitely been a proper change to their characters. Excellent Ost too. Hoping the other characters close to Chise will help her overcome the curse.
Feb 24, 2018 12:32 PM
Jul 2016
Major_Gilbert said:
Thing is this ended on chapter 37 and the most recent chapter is 43... So they've rushed it quite a bit I guess. The anime will go beyond the manga, so they're probably going to go original for the ending.

So 4 episodes for 6 chapters... sounds doable if they expand on some scenes but i guess there's no good stopping point. And anime original endings rarely turn out good so that's kinda scary.
Feb 24, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2017
Another good episode. Very hard to not touch the manga at this moment, especially after we have to wait for another week. This build-up since Chise's conversation with Nevin is just too darn sad man.

Feb 24, 2018 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
This actually went beyond where the official English manga release is at right now so most of this episode was new for me.

Wonder if the anime will actually surpass the manga. I do kinda feel like they've been rushing the last few episodes a bit.
Feb 24, 2018 2:00 PM

Feb 2016
Will she become full drake tho? you know... magical stuff like this:

That aside, that was an intense episode, seems like Elias got severely grounded, can't imagine what happened with Angelica xD. Hmmm seem's like Stella found out something... D:
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 24, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Glad that Chise was able to save the dragon, but now she has the dragon curse on her arm. Hopefully she is able to get rid of it.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 24, 2018 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Af if things weren't bad enough for her it got even worse :/

Shit is getting really serious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 24, 2018 3:15 PM
Jul 2016
with the speed they're going they might just show the end of this arc before or at the same time as the manga.
Feb 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Jun 2017
taskubanaani said:
with the speed they're going they might just show the end of this arc before or at the same time as the manga.

Still, Chise can be a real genius sometimes..I mean, Elias explained what would happen if she did stuff to the dragon without him and she proceeded to do it alone anyway xD. Ruth was even on his way with Elias after he ate some fire to the face...
Feb 24, 2018 3:51 PM

Mar 2015
I'm pretty intrigued about "one life for another". Now comes how will act Cartaphilus and his attempt to quit his life.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Feb 24, 2018 3:55 PM
Nov 2017
Pretty heartwarming Elias/Chise moments this ep. Sheesh Chise just can't get a break with curses..
Feb 24, 2018 4:14 PM

Dec 2015
Fantastic episode, possibly one of the best of the series in recent memory. The visual direction is definitely a step, but the best part is definitely seeing Chise and Elias' bond develop as even Chise admits that at the beginning, the two were "using" each-other, but now their relationship has blossomed into something much more meaningful. This is the type of maturity in writing that I'd like to see more in anime romances.

I also like the fact that we finally see Chise receiving consequences for her recklessness through the Dragon's Cruse, yet she decides move forwards anyway. It truly shows how much she values the people around her from her genuine effort of wanting to make things better again, even if she often puts herself in dangerous situation for the sake of others. This is no longer the dejected dead-eyed girl we saw in the first episode. Like an almost shriveled rosebud, Chise managed to truly bloom within the protection and care of Elias' thorns.

Looking forward to next episode. It looks like we are entering the final arc of the story.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 24, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2009
Major_Gilbert said:

You've any sources for that? Personally, i think that they could perfectly end this when
and maybe do something like a movie :/
Feb 24, 2018 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
if only Chise could switch curse with Joseph.
Feb 24, 2018 8:26 PM

Feb 2018
First of all, let me say that this episode literally burned a hole in my heart...

to see your favorite character being trapped in another sad situation, when all she has done is suffer misery all her life, kinda hit me hard....

Even though I have already read the manga, and knew beforehand that this was coming, I really could not stop a tear from flowing down my face...

I don't know, but somehow, this made me kinda uneasy... so much so that I actually didn't laugh at the "WOW!" scene and the other Chibi Elias' scene...

It made me happy to see, that practically everyone who had a brief encounter with Chise, had come rushing when they heard about Chise.. Some even considered themselves guilty of putting Chise in danger... that was very sad for me.

I think, the best part was Elias' feelings finally coming out.... Till now, we have all seen how he feels 'lonely', 'jealous', 'protective', etc. But today's episode was the first, when he actually showed "genuine care" for Chise... so much so, that...

Oh, well.. ain't gonna say anything else... read the manga....

however, I will say this, if you have read/ plan to read the manga, it will make you think this:
"Who is Right and Who is wrong?"
"What IS RIGHT?" "What defines someone's actions as right?"
"Who has the authority to label someone's actions as right and wrong?"

As always, a superb episode...
Also, only 4 more episodes ;-;

I seriously don't want this anime to end... But, I guess, since the end is already decided, I strongly hope that they do make a second season of this masterpiece...
This anime is too good to be left with a season 1.
Feb 24, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2012
"Chise can never catch a break the anime" :(
The whole time I was thinking if they would need to cut off her arm to save her from the curse and I started to get PTSD flashbacks to
Feb 24, 2018 8:43 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Stella seems to have witnessed the condition, wonder what she's gonna have to say about it.

HereticHunter said:
Hmmm seem's like Stella found out something... D:

Stella is not in full control of herself...
Feb 24, 2018 8:45 PM
Mar 2015
Chise reaches out to help others at the risk to her own life and safety simply because she can
Feb 24, 2018 10:41 PM

May 2015
landofthekwt said:
Chise reaches out to help others at the risk to her own life and safety simply because she can

This quote was quickly spoken, but I like it:

Wow.

PARTAY!!!!

So the only chance of Chise surviving the dragon's curse is to become a witch...but to save a life, she must take a life? Oh my. This will be quite the test...

Also...is it just me, or does Chise's hair look longer than usual as if it has grown over time? Eh...maybe it's just me...
Feb 25, 2018 1:31 AM
Jun 2017
Dragon in the City!!! Ohh well Chise has been cursed by the dragon...

Nice episode overall...
Feb 25, 2018 5:22 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode, and it seems like things are going to continue down a dark path as the series approaches its end, with Stella seemingly knowing about Chise's condition now, Cartaphilus somehow knowing as well (and seeming to have some kind of plan at the ready, possibly to switch curses or something so he can die? hard to tell what he's after really) and with Chise's life now in the hands of witches, who seem trustworthy enough based on the one we've met so far, at least (doesn't mean they all are, though).
Feb 25, 2018 6:14 AM

May 2015
Monster hand is always good to have. CHARGER!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 25, 2018 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
I thought the thing with the dragon in London would last longer but guess not...
Kinda disappointed.
Also of course Eias had to be knocked out so that Chise would do everything herself and this pattern got tiring by now.

Well, the witches gathering sounds really suspicious, things will definitely go wrong according to the preview because you know, nothing can ever go right for poor Chise.
Baby, daijobanai...
Feb 25, 2018 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Chise never seems to get much good fortune. Her way of dealing with the dragon's rage in London was impressive, it sadly came at a cost of a curse to her arm. D=

So it looks like her life is now in the hands of the witches. Although Mariel looks to be trustworthy, I do hold some scepticism about the other witches though. I guess we'll have to find out next week.

As for Stella, it looks like she knows about what's happening with Chise, as do Cartaphilus. Things are looking to stay dark to the end of the series, I'm guessing.

Great episode overall. =)
Feb 25, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that again upsets the beliefs I had about the story, this is an element that I love about this anime series. The first part is interesting, the second part is really romantic. Chise's reaction to seeing his arm completely displaced me, I almost laughed more than cry.

Feb 25, 2018 11:15 AM
Dec 2013
I didn't know Allen Walker was going to be in this episode!?!! ;-)
Feb 25, 2018 11:16 AM
Dec 2013
Tarotist said:

Also...is it just me, or does Chise's hair look longer than usual as if it has grown over time? Eh...maybe it's just me...

Yep. I think that detail was intentional.
Feb 25, 2018 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
While I understand Mariel's reasoning, I don't like her.

And I'm not too fond of introducing a new faction so late in the anime.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
It hurts to see Chise keep suffering like this...
Feb 25, 2018 7:14 PM
Aug 2015
Read the maga, so not gonna spoil anything here but..... damn, shit's gonna get reallll ugly.
Feb 25, 2018 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Very good episode, I was boutta get mad when the witch tried to help her b/c I thought it was gunna cure the curse so quickly but that's pretty interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the series conclusion will be curing the curse and facing off against Cartaphilus
Feb 26, 2018 12:41 AM

May 2017
so Cartarphilus is using that girl for spying on Chise. Thank god, its still better than using her for some experiment. But then again that witch commented "so young" ahh damn she might just be done for too like Chise

@Meta_Yoshi more like 👆👆👆

That scene with Stella and her family crossing paths with Cartarphilus in London street would be pointless then. Stella even hold on to her neck while Cartarphilus smiles. That means he did something to her
LairucremFeb 26, 2018 12:46 AM
Feb 26, 2018 4:08 AM

Feb 2014
TsundeReaper said:
@Meta_Yoshi more like 👆👆👆

That scene with Stella and her family crossing paths with Cartarphilus in London street would be pointless then. Stella even hold on to her neck while Cartarphilus smiles. That means he did something to her

That's something I'm aware of. It does make me wonder what exactly he did to her when they both crossed paths in London a few episodes ago. It's the only way for him to know about Chise's condition by having Stella visit her and hearing their conversations through the wall. I'm just hoping that he isn't going to use Stella for anything else than that, but knowing him, I can't rule that out at all.
Feb 26, 2018 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
Ugghh...What did he do to Stella? No explanation yet...

Par-tay was funny and the fact that nobody realized it was Chise's birthday even though so many people are close to her now, but considering the dire situation, I don't think a celebration is what is on everybody's mind. A life for a life...I don't think Chise is going to go for that solution.
Feb 26, 2018 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
boy this episode really took a turn for the worse with that dragon curse. i was starting to get emotional for chise, because of the possibility that there is no way to remove the curse from her, but its looking like there might be from what was mentioned in the preview.

chise is too much of a good person, but that's what makes her so beloved.

Feb 26, 2018 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
Like Chise´s life is not hard enough, now she have to deal with another curse...and both will enter the witch group.
Feb 26, 2018 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
I think this was a good episode. It really explicitly stated what we have been seeing from Chise for 20 episodes. I think Elias described Chise in a perfect way: "Your selfish requests are never for yourself." For a being that struggles with understanding human emotion, he is more than insightful.

Chise gets the shaft every time, and I guess I should just sit here and wait as the witches' cult is going to fuck her day up next. Also Joseph still has a role to play, which I'm excited for.
Feb 26, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2008
Chise got the dragon's curse that might pose a great threat in her life!
And suddenly a witch Mariel arrived and informed them that they might have a way to save Chise? but for what payment? a life of someone? that's a very hefty price and sounds fishy...but if that were me, in order to live i'll take that chance...even it its harsh disturbing things comes along the way!
4/5.

Feb 26, 2018 11:12 PM

Nov 2013
There's something this anime is lacking but I can't put my finger on it...

Bad pacing? They have episodes where nothing happens besides plucking wool, then they fast forward the plot into this dragon ordeal, without so much as explaining her relationship with the man to set up the auction . Fast forward to these college people who we have no background on besides their relationship with Lindel. Then this Mariel shows up out of nowhere and with a rushed plot with witches.

Could also be that there's no well-defined plot. She seems to want to be a mage, but then there's no development to hone her skills, besides her just running into danger each episode. The arcs also don't have a cohesiveness to it, or at least some sort of logical progression to hint what her goal is. Is she just waiting to die and hoping to leave a mark on the world?

Forced romance. Chise seems to be okay with being a human possession, being called a puppy, getting almost eaten, but still finding a way to somehow care for Elias. True, he gave her a home, but is it really out of genuine care for her? Is it really love, or is it just due to her dependency on any sign on intimacy. Time and time again, Elias has failed to save her in the most dire stages, and yet she still blushes when they're called a couple? A lack of self- respect if you ask me.
Feb 27, 2018 12:34 PM

Sep 2011
At this point I lost any and all worry about Chise's safety, as it seems like that she gets into danger and almost dies every second or third episode which is then solved in the same or next episode... I'm sure nothing serious will happen, or it will just end with a cliffhanger :/
She is too stupid unfortunately. I know she wants to help others, but there is almost always a better way. Like now, she could have just waited for Elias to teleport to her shadow or whatever he does. He is supposed to be a great mage so I'm sure there could have been something to do.
Also, she just threw away another perfectly good protective charm...

I'm actually more worried about Stella now than Chise :/
Feb 28, 2018 7:35 PM
Feb 2012
Something tells me that Stella is Cartarphillus's looking glass or something. She might not willingly be a spy, but I think he did something to her and now she's a camera or something.
Feb 28, 2018 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
A pretty great episode to spike my interests back up for these last 4 episodes
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.