Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2018 10:29 AM

Sep 2014
I feel like the love triangle in Darling is the same as the one in Re:zero. Ichigo plays the same role as Rem in this triangle, but I can't get why Ichigo is not the favorite of the show. For my part I feel more bad for Ichigo than Rem. I liked Zero two tho, but she is so mean

ShiranumaFeb 20, 2018 10:32 AM
Feb 20, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
Finally someone have the balls to said it out loud, thank you young man.

Feb 20, 2018 10:33 AM
Aug 2016
Zero Two is Rem 2.0*

Why do people even look at these characters and not think of them as terrible beyond belief? Be it Ichigo or Zero Two, both of them are horrible. Move on.
Feb 20, 2018 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Tbf she isn't as popular as Rem but yeah it can change depending on her screentime for the rest of the series. For waifu wars, it hasn't reached that level too.

Aslt said:
Zero Two is Rem 2.0*

Why do people even look at these characters and not think of them as terrible beyond belief? Be it Ichigo or Zero Two, both of them are horrible. Move on.

So just like re zero
Feb 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
Japan keeps repeating the same shit over and over

More 1/10 to my list
Feb 20, 2018 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
Frostbytes said:
Tbf she isn't as popular as Rem but yeah it can change depending on her screentime for the rest of the series. For waifu wars, it hasn't reached that level too.

Aslt said:
Zero Two is Rem 2.0*

So just like re zero

Actually Re:zero has Subaru who is more interesting than most Isekai protagonist (exception of Kazuma ) and Hiro is far below that. He is a total blank character! But maybe he can become like Simon from Gurren lagann
Feb 20, 2018 11:33 AM

Oct 2014
No.
Do you even know how famous Rem is?
How much fans she has? How devoted they are to her?
Do you know the reason why they made a life-scale figurine of Rem that cost more than both of your kidneys combined?
And do you know that it sold out almost instantly after it was announced?

No. Even 02 will have trouble reaching Rem's height.
(She can, but that depends on how the future holds + how long does Aniplex intend to pay that cyber army they hired for this project.)
Forget Ichigo being Rem.
Feb 21, 2018 9:50 AM
Dec 2017
But ichigo is supposed to have Goro. Rem had nobody. I don't see why for this show where everyone is paired with someone that is supposed to be compatible that she would want boring a** Hiro.
Feb 21, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2009
Ichigo is still best girl, she is a caring waifu
Feb 21, 2018 11:50 AM

Jan 2017
ah man I need @vegeta8639 input on this. Now that we had that discussion, I see stuff like this everywhere.

Feb 21, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
J_LEE_C said:
ah man I need @vegeta8639 input on this. Now that we had that discussion, I see stuff like this everywhere.

Wasn't there literally this exact thread a few days ago? I know I posted there but I can't find it so maybe it got taken down because of shitposting or something.
Ah well, the general sentiment of that post was that anime is shit and the only way to get a happy ending is by playing visual novels and some non VN games.

That thread was about loud, pushy girls always "Winning" whereas the quiet/emotionless ones (Which I almost always prefer) end up getting treated like shit. I added that the only exception is something like Kore wa Zombie or Angel Beats! where the quiet girl (literally mute in the former) is very clearly the main heroine.

On the topic of this specific show, I haven't seen any of it but just looking at the character designs (and OP posts like this), my opinion is probably going to be what you'd expect. Another stupid bitch winning while the better girl gets treated like shit.
Although I doubt I'll ever get as emotionally attached to this show/girl as with Rem since that was a special case. I did list other shows that pissed me off for this reason but on a scale of 1-10 of how much something pissed me off, those would max out at 7 while the Rem (and Naruse) situation would be an 11.

Tl;dr I definitely sympathize with anyone angry about whatever the situation is in this show but I don't personally care very much right now as I haven't seen it.
Feb 21, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2017
Well, at least were not comparing them to asuka, rei and shinji anymore.
Feb 21, 2018 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
tbh , Ichigo > Zero two. ( Despite that I love both of them but Ichigo is much better ). It's sad that best girls mostly never wins like Rem and Ichigo.
Feb 21, 2018 3:34 PM

Oct 2017
SilentBlaster said:
tbh , Ichigo > Zero two. ( Despite that I love both of them but Ichigo is much better ). It's sad that best girls mostly never wins like Rem and Ichigo.

They both suck. Ichi is way too passive aggressive and emo. Super annoying type to be in a relationship with. The best one is that long haired koko.
Feb 21, 2018 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Username23489023 said:
SilentBlaster said:

They both suck. Ichi is way too passive aggressive and emo. Super annoying type to be in a relationship with. The best one is that long haired koko.

Well , Ichigo's character is near to my fav. type , so Idc if you see that she sucks :3
Feb 21, 2018 11:02 PM

Jan 2017
Zero two is best girl and Rem is trash! Ichigo is way better than Rem!
I do like Ichigo, but I like Zero Two more
swirlydragonFeb 22, 2018 12:53 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 21, 2018 11:37 PM
Jan 2015
It baffles me why people fuss over this, this was obviously going to be Hiro and Zero Two's story, you could tell that just by the promotional art before the anime even aired. You may like Ichigo better, but that's not going to change the fact that her and Hiro are never going to be a thing.

As for why people like Zero Two more, people like bad girls just as much as they like bad boys and overall those types of characters tend to be more layered and interesting characters imo. It also helps that Zero Two isn't just a bad girl, she's a sexy monster bad girl. We won the lottery with her lol.

Plus we're just partially through the series, so these characters aren't fully developed or fleshed out yet.
My Queens

Feb 22, 2018 12:28 AM

Aug 2010
Ichigo still functions like a proper character, unlike rem, who is just the accumulation of all otaku's and weebs' wet dreams. That's why she doesn't get the same treatment.
Feb 22, 2018 12:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lol, well Rem didn't become anything special until episode 18 of Re:Zero, so I guess if you just look before that then sure. Ichigo would have to do something similar to be noteworthy though, but I'm pretty skeptical considering her role in the story
Feb 22, 2018 1:42 AM

May 2016
No.
Zero two best waifu.

No contest
Feb 22, 2018 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
Username23489023 said:
SilentBlaster said:

I have been in a relationship with a girl as ichigo to. People seams to like them first (i did) But actually those girls are really pain to be together with for a longer time. For the same guy says above.

I like charismatic girls like zero two (have one as a friend if you count out the horns and OP and are super cool). But understand why most people would not. You need a special personality to handle those girls and many can´t handle them.

Ichigotypes = breaks you down in the long run.
zerotwp types= Roll you over as a steamroller if you don´t have what it take.

Or play it safe and goe for girls like the other 3.
Feb 22, 2018 1:03 PM
Feb 2018
isekai said:

agree with you bro... LoL
Feb 22, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
It's true, although there are a few personality differences but I hope you guys are not implying that Zero Two resembles Emilia because they're quite different lol

as for not having popularity, like someone already said, Rem is too much of the usual 'waifu material' guys in Japan are fond of, hence her popularity. Ichigo on the other hand is not made with that in mind... she seems pretty normal and less docile.

Feb 22, 2018 1:45 PM
Feb 2018
for me, Ichigo is a cute girl n 02 is an impresive girl. :)
Feb 22, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2007
I like 015 but she seems to be very low in charisma points, if anything, she doesn't have any, to overtake a character like 002. 002 is more fascinating as a main character and anyone who denies that better find some other anime to enjoy. You take 002 out of this anime and it becomes a boring anime.

015 only has kindness going for her. And if "childhood friend" wasn't a big loser's tag on her already, she is now utterly sibling-zoned. That aside, I wouldn't find her bossy side as something negative as 002 refers her to be though because she is the leader of the group and many leader characters have that bossy side about them, whether we like it or not. However, she cannot seem to follow it though when she needs to get her acts together. If it wasn't for 056 explaining the situation or what was on 015's mind, the others wouldn't have followed through with her commands during the fight in episode 6, and even if they did, they would have been confused as hell. So she lost a bit of her points as a leader there as well. There were glimpses in episode 6 that she is actually a very good fighter/pilot: saving Genista and then covering the back of Strelizia at one point as the 26th's leader pointed out but we really need to see if she is worthy of a character to rival someone like 002, in either charisma or as a romance interest, you name it.

So right now I am a bit perplexed with the fans in Japan since it looks like she is favoured even after episode 6. They got Rem overtake Emilia in Japan as well in the past. But even for Rem, it took much longer for her to overtake Emilia. If you go and check the boards at 2ch you will know what I am talking about. They have a whole 015 appreciation board there with hundreds of comments, mostly positive. I just don't get Japan sometimes. I dunno how they pick best girls. What does Japan see in 015 that I don't?

Likewise, in bangumi 015 is 126/86 over 002 right now. Last time I checked it was 112/83 after episode 5. So the gap is widening which I find absolutely bizarre.

nb. 2ch got Katou overtake Utaha which I absolutely approved of. I mean she is the Main Heroine and absolute gem of a character so there are times when I do get Japan.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 22, 2018 3:32 PM
Feb 2018
and I was looking for the difference between lettuce and cabbage when I found this thread seriously, what's the difference?
Mar 8, 2018 10:38 PM
Jan 2018
Rofl! Please tell me people don't actually thing Ichigo is best girl! Have you even watched the anime? You might be able to argue her personality is better then Zero Two. but Hiro obviously cares about Zero Two more. Episode 2 20:10 says it all about his feelings. As far as personality, that's all personal preference. I find Zero Two's more enjoyable because she is a much deeper character and a lot more fun to watch. Zero Two in many ways reminds me of Holo from Spice And Wolf, who is my all time best girl. To me, the idea that people see Ichigo as best girl is like thinking Norah is best girl in Spice and Wolf. There is a reason both reference the ONLY love interest for the protagonist in the title.
Mar 10, 2018 12:48 PM
Dec 2017
isekai said:
Yes, I think so too, I hope Hiro notices how bad is 02.
she is a traitor that's what i think and he will save her but he will not love her ever.

Let's hope he end up with Ichigo and have a happy ending.

By the way anyone thinks that when Ichigo and Hiro tried to drive together, that when they had over 100% compatibility, they suddenly disconnected for unknown reason, it was weird. I believe 02 or "papa team" had something to do with it, anyone else thinks so?
smhmkkhMar 10, 2018 12:53 PM
Mar 10, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2018
I won't be surprised if you receive a text message saying
"This is A1 pictures, delete this thread rn"
Mar 10, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2015
Actually NO. Because REM different from ICHIGO will go for Subary until the very end. BUT Ichigo will be paired with the leftover Goro, because Trigger MUST give everyone a parter. Like in the shit Kiznaiver...

So, Ichigo is NOT Rem 2.0.

Mar 10, 2018 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
You're rooting for an underdog, which is typical, but let me voice an unpopular opinion.

Both Rem and Ichigo are one-dimensional characters that although sometimes captivating would be very boring material for a main heroine.
Mar 10, 2018 5:59 PM
Jun 2016
shiro_kai said:
Actually NO. Because REM different from ICHIGO will go for Subary until the very end. BUT Ichigo will be paired with the leftover Goro, because Trigger MUST give everyone a parter. Like in the shit Kiznaiver...

So, Ichigo is NOT Rem 2.0.

this is what I agree with
Mar 10, 2018 6:40 PM
Feb 2018
I don't really feel sorry for Ichigo like I did for Rem. Although she will lose Hiro, Ichigo still has best boi Goro to look after her who I think would make a much better partner for her than Hiro once she gets over the mc.
Mar 10, 2018 6:42 PM
Apr 2016
Goro is Rem. Ichigo is a Shitty Girl. Fight me
Mar 11, 2018 10:16 PM
Oct 2017
Except people actually like Rem...
Mar 11, 2018 10:23 PM

Apr 2017
Ichigo is not Rem; Rem is an asshole who tried to kill the mc
Mar 11, 2018 11:12 PM

Aug 2017
Spades said:
Ichigo is not Rem; Rem is an asshole who tried to kill the mc

Lmao even if that person doesn't remember hell if I am going to fall in love with someone who killed me that's ridiculous and just because episode 18 happened everyone forgot about it.
Mar 12, 2018 1:16 AM
Jul 2015
Ichigo will live happily ever after with Goro. Goro is such a nice guy. This is why I like non-harem shows with a gender-balanced cast, as we can see many other good and cool guys among MC's group of comrades where those guys will get their own girls. Monogamy is a million times more superior than harems or polygamy anyways.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 12, 2018 2:40 AM

Mar 2015
At least Rem is from a good show XD
Mar 12, 2018 6:39 AM

May 2009
shiro_kai said:
Actually NO. Because REM different from ICHIGO will go for Subary until the very end. BUT Ichigo will be paired with the leftover Goro, because Trigger MUST give everyone a parter. Like in the shit Kiznaiver

Except Trigger has nothing to do with plot and Okada who wrote Kiznaiver also isn't in staff here.
Mar 12, 2018 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
Ichigo is Rem 2.0 but also Subaru 2.0, She likes Hiro but Hiro likes ZeroTwo, but then there's Goro who likes her, definitely Goro is the pure Rem 2.0, the one who puts others well being before himself. Being third wheel to the one being also third wheel.
Mar 12, 2018 12:00 PM

Aug 2012
This show reminds me of Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Ichigo is Kanna (similar looks and blue hair)
Goro is Tetsurou
Hiro is Kaito.

Main Girl Ichika is also voiced by Tomatsu Haruka just like Zero Two.

Tetsurou likes Kanna.
Kanna likes Kaito.
Kaito likes Ichika.
HadeshiiMar 12, 2018 12:06 PM
Mar 13, 2018 5:16 AM
Jun 2017
Ive just re-watched the Darling in the franxx episode 9 and i gets where you got that logic. Nice one.. while watching this one, it kind of reminds me of Re Zero Episode 18, that Goro and Ichigo moment upon re watching it, i still have the same reaction...I love you (as goro said) but Ichigo said thanks for being a partner!!! (Atleast he has no regrets already)...
Mar 13, 2018 5:34 PM

May 2013
At least Ichigo is no vegetable (yet)...
Mar 21, 2018 9:13 AM
Nov 2016
I need a spoiler here:
who does ichigo end up with?

I don't want her to be a yoko littner otherwise I'm going to drop the fuckin show. it kinda triggers me already.

goro deserves it but I'm an asshole for wanting her to be with hiro. 02 is just mean.
Mar 21, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
Hokuto911 said:
I need a spoiler here:

I don't want her to be a yoko littner otherwise I'm going to drop the fuckin show. it kinda triggers me already.

goro deserves it but I'm an asshole for wanting her to be with hiro. 02 is just mean.

No one knows, not enough plot progress to guess. Only Goro said 'I love you.', Ichigo, Zero Two and Hiro are on cliffhanger to show their true colors towards respectful darlings or each other. I mean they should say 'I love you' or similar words to convey their own emotional proof.

Neither Hiro nor Zero Two say that ILY with natural meaning, and I am not sure what Zero Two means when she says ILY to Hiro at some point. Because, at episode 10, she was very upset. Shouldn't she share what is disturbing herself, with Hiro.

Mar 21, 2018 2:41 PM
Jun 2016
Hokuto911 said:
I need a spoiler here:

you do know this show is an anime OG

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.