Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2018 4:38 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Which anime protagonist do you hate the most and why?

For me, its haruhi suzumiya as she has zero redeeming qualities. She is an aggressive, selfish, spoiled, disgusting, and bossy piece of trash. She made TMOHS unwatchable.
LeonhartAugustFeb 11, 2018 8:32 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2018 4:40 PM

Nov 2016
Don't like the MC from Accel World and nope,not because he's chubby.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 11, 2018 4:46 PM

Jun 2010
Probably Orimura Ichika.

It's not because he's dense, a lot of shows have protagonists like that.
The reason is that he's not only dense, but useless.
Feb 11, 2018 4:48 PM
Aug 2016
Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki the most dumb character ever
Feb 11, 2018 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
Subaru from Re:Zero. As for why, watch episode 18 if you've been living under a rock.
TenshoApr 10, 2020 9:10 AM
Feb 11, 2018 4:49 PM
Feb 11, 2018 4:52 PM

Jun 2016
Kaizuka Inaho. He did a lot of really bad decisions/moves in my opinion, even using his so intelligent brain. And for gods sake... he doesn't even have a personality, i really don't understand how people like him but everyone has their opinion so~
Feb 11, 2018 4:56 PM
Sep 2017
My most hated protagonist would have be eren, all he does whine and complain in AOT, I wish Levi was the main character
Feb 11, 2018 4:56 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
AyumiVk said:
Kaizuka Inaho. He did a lot of really bad decisions/moves in my opinion, even using his so intelligent brain. And for gods sake... he doesn't even have a personality, i really don't understand how people like him but everyone has their opinion so~

I dropped that anime after 8 episodes.
Yeah, you're right about Inaho having no personality.
Slaine was the only good character and the rest I didn't care for.
Feb 11, 2018 4:57 PM

Feb 2016
I rarely do not like a protagonist but i fucking hated the protagonist of this series jfc is he annoying Kunoichi no Ichi, first and only manga i couldnt get past one chapter, all because the MC was that obnoxious.
BlackFIFA19Feb 11, 2018 5:00 PM
Feb 11, 2018 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi because

*She's a f*cking IDIOT
*She's a glutton
*She can't do shit to defend herself
*She does nothing but make bad decisions for 51 episodes.
*Everyone loves her because she's the heroine
*She doesn't develop or learn anything at all.
*The only things she CAN do is eat a lot and scream her boyfriend's name.
*She's the reason people hate shoujo and won't try other series.

Feb 11, 2018 5:04 PM

Aug 2017
Shinji Ikari. I still haven't gone back to finish that fuckin' show because of him.
Feb 11, 2018 5:06 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I can't decide between Lelouch or Shinji.

Sep 2017
midoriya izuku is the most annoying, generic protagonist i've ever seen. even characters like naruto uzumaki or luffy d monkey who were annoying at first i eventually ended up not getting bothered by them. but this guy? oh this guy? i have yet to find someone worse. he pulls that "make me feel bad for me waaa DX" bullshit at the beginning and his power was a huge asspull. his design is awful too, that hair makes me suicidal.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Sep 2016
No one beats shiro from fate stay night.

Jan 2017
Makoto Naegi form Danganronpa (this includes the games too)
Yuno/Yuki from Mirai Nikki
Feb 11, 2018 5:11 PM

Jul 2017
Dlwuik said:
midoriya izuku is the most annoying, generic protagonist i've ever seen. even characters like naruto uzumaki or luffy d monkey who were annoying at first i eventually ended up not getting bothered by them. but this guy? oh this guy? i have yet to find someone worse. he pulls that "make me feel bad for me waaa DX" bullshit at the beginning and his power was a huge asspull. his design is awful too, that hair makes me suicidal.

Legit I was about to say this but I thought I was gonna get hate for it so I was hesitant but NVM. I don't think I hate him as much as you do, but GOD I am impatient when it comes to him busting his arm every freaking epispde. Izuku even said it himself: Shoto should've been the MC and I completely 100% agree with him. I hope that I like him more once he can control his powers, but I can't deal with how slow his progress has been over 38 episodes.

“The essence of good deeds and evil deeds are the same.
They’re both no more than a person’s actions to make up for a defect in themselves.”

-Yashiro Gaku (Erased)
Feb 11, 2018 5:13 PM

Oct 2017
While I loved Working!! and the romance in it, I really disliked Souta Takanashi for being one of the most painful MCs I've ever had to watch. Just ugh, this dude...
Feb 11, 2018 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
When Momo became the main character of TLR she basically became my most hated character of anything
Feb 11, 2018 5:17 PM

Aug 2017
insert random harem and/or isekai protagonist here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
this little troglodyte, maybe not my most hated but the first to come to mind
https://myanimelist.net/character/111561/Bellri_Zenam?q=bellri

goes around committing war crimes whilst blaming everyone else around him for his emotional outbursts, makes a couple vague statements that he has to live with that but then just goes about his day, he never gets commupance, the only important person he loses in the show is directly a result of himself killing said person and then blaming that person for getting in the way, then he just fucks off to explore mount fuji at the end leaving all his friends and loved ones behind unannounced for absolutely no reason.

He fucking sucked

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 11, 2018 5:22 PM

Aug 2012
The MC of orange, Violet Evergarden and Eren Jearger
Feb 11, 2018 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
Hyakuya Yuuichirou from Owari no Seraph.

Hate his annoying personality so much.
Feb 11, 2018 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty much any protag of the generic harem/reverse harem anime. They’re all bland, self inserts and often times annoying.
!! 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 !! vampires bite beautiful people
Feb 11, 2018 5:39 PM

Jul 2017
I bet there will be more "Emiya Shirou" comments in here... In my opinion, he's not that bad. I watched Deen's Fate and have played the VN. The first half, I can understand why people hate him but in the second half, I actually like him.

I'm getting out of topic here so I'm just going to say this. I have to yet find a protagonist that I hate.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Feb 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2017
Mikura39 said:
I bet there will be more "Emiya Shirou" comments in here... In my opinion, he's not that bad. I watched Deen's Fate and have played the VN. The first half, I can understand why people hate him but in the second half, I actually like him.

I'm getting out of topic here so I'm just going to say this. I have to yet find a protagonist that I hate.

I agree, I think that the visual novel does an excellent job of showing Shirou's inner thoughts and I think that helps me relate to Shirou better. That said I can understand why some people dislike him.
Feb 11, 2018 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
Sakky2213 said:

I agree, I think that the visual novel does an excellent job of showing Shirou's inner thoughts and I think that helps me relate to Shirou better. That said I can understand why some people dislike him.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. The VN really did a good job on Shirou's character. The anime doesn't fully justified it but they did okay on Shirou in my opinion. Especially the second half.

I also can understand why people would not like him but he's not that bad that compared to some other protagonists (which I have yet to encounter...)

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Feb 11, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
For me, it's probably a tie between Shinji (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Yukiteru (Mirai Nikki). I can deal with most things when it comes to anime, but I absolutely hate wimpy characters. Shinji and Yukiteru are the worst.
Feb 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Jan 2015
shitrou from fate garbage night is the one

@Mikura39

lol nice joke... "not that bad"... well i dont expect anything from a shit vn and its shitty adaptation anyways
Feb 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Jul 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:

@Mikura39

lol nice joke... "not that bad"... well i dont expect anything from a shit vn and its shitty adaptation anyways

You bitter? It's my opinion. He's better than Gilgamesh anyday. I'd rather choose an overprotective, stubborn idiot than an arrogant asshole.
Mikura39Feb 11, 2018 6:09 PM

Feb 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Oct 2012
Off the top of my head, gotta go with Shirou in FSN and UBW. Doesn't listen to anyone, just blindly wants to protect people just for the sake of doing so even when he just gets in the way. . Nothing more annoying than a preachy idiot. He was alright in hf though.
Feb 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Apr 2016
Probably my most hated protagonist would be Ichika from Infinite Stratos and Touya from that Isekai Smartphone series; very dense and generic characters that irritates me.
Feb 11, 2018 6:15 PM

Nov 2008
ImAWeebUwU said:

@Mikura39

Mikura39 is just as much entitled to her opinion as you. No need for rudeness. :p

Feb 11, 2018 7:18 PM

Jan 2015
Mikura39 said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

@Mikura39

You bitter? It's my opinion. He's better than Gilgamesh anyday. I'd rather choose an overprotective, stubborn idiot than an arrogant asshole.

no, im just stating facts.
well then you have a pretty terrible taste

also, overprotective and stubborn? lol shirou is neither of those, he is just simply garbage
Feb 11, 2018 7:23 PM

Jul 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
Mikura39 said:

no, im just stating facts.
well then you have a pretty terrible taste

Facts? Majority of people loved the VN and not you. You think it's shit but not others. That's not a fact. It's an opinion.

You must have really terrible taste if you want an arrogant asshole with a bad personality. At least Shirou won't dump Saber away after he got bored of her. God, I feel sorry for you.

Shirou is overprotective and stubborn. 'Simply garbage'? Not a valid reason.
Mikura39Feb 11, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 11, 2018 7:36 PM

Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Don't like the MC from Accel World and nope,not because he's chubby.

Is it because he's shaped like a basketball, and the fact that he's 4'3, but compared to Kuroyukihime who is 5'2, he's like half her size in the anime, so they can't even bother to work the scaling.
Feb 11, 2018 7:36 PM

Jul 2017
Tatsuya from Mahouka. Never thought I'd actually end up hating those immensely OP characters

AyumiVk said:

Hey, I'd be emotionless too if I was a teenage boy and stronger than the entire world's military
Feb 11, 2018 7:38 PM

Aug 2012
To be vague, most harem protagonists. They all follow the same boring, dense personality with intent to self-insert.
Feb 11, 2018 7:39 PM

Jan 2018
Charlotte's Otosaka, Yuu.

I don't understand why, but I dislike this MC very much.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 11, 2018 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Lucy from Elfen Lied is the main reason I gave that show a 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2018 7:48 PM
Aug 2017
I hate most harem protagonists. They just seems to be similar to each other, dense and indecisive.

Chiibi said:

*She's a f*cking IDIOT
*She's a glutton

Wait so being a glutton is the reason to be hate? Damn, there must be a lot of people hate me. Do people hate Kagura from Gintama and Saya from Blood+ for that reason too?
I did not watch the anime but I read the manga and its sequel. Miaka is not that annoying, she is one of the two priestesses that manage to stop the god from devouring her and the only one defy the gods to be able to live with the man she loves, the thing which Takiko and Suzuno failed to do.
Feb 11, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2016
youd have to have a pretty bankrupt life to hate cartoon characters tbh
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2008
Himawari9 said:
I hate most harem protagonists. They just seems to be similar to each other, dense and indecisive.

Chiibi said:

*She's a f*cking IDIOT
*She's a glutton

Wait so being a glutton is the reason to be hate?

Simply "eating a lot" isn't a bad thing but the WAY she does it....her table manners are so bad; it makes her look like a total pig, which makes her even more unappealing, which makes all these hot guys falling for her more unbelievable.

Do people hate Kagura

I hate her too because she's GROSS. Girls don't act like this.

I did not watch the anime but I read the manga and its sequel. Miaka is not that annoying

I used to think so too until I saw more shoujo; she absolutely sucks. By far, the worst heroine ever.

and the only one defy the gods to be able to live with the man she loves, the thing which Takiko and Suzuno failed to do.

Because Watase's editor wanted it that way. Watase herself wanted to separate the stupid couple for eternity but Sho-Comi wouldn't let her. lol

Feb 11, 2018 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
Dense Protagonists - plot device characters to drag out the content, nothing decent about them
Feb 11, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Yuki Rito from To love Ru. Fuck that guy...
Feb 11, 2018 8:35 PM

Nov 2014
Hate me all you like but I hated Sunako Nakahara from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge and Tomoko from Watamote even more than Ichika Orimura.
Feb 11, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2018
Shuu Ouma from Guilty Crown. I gag at his name, to be honest. He was alright at the beginning of the series, but towards the end,
I understand that this was supposed to be part of the show due to the situation, but this wasn't the only problem. His character development was non-existant, and if he did change, it was for the worse.

. .  ·        
* ✹   
        ✫ * .     *
  ⊹             ⋆

"いいえ"      

✧ ⋆   profile | anime list | manga list   ⋆ ✧
Feb 11, 2018 9:03 PM

Nov 2014
pgmhecateii said:
Every dense guy
Every harem protag
Every single damn idiot that falls in love with his abuser

Himawari9 said:
IWait so being a glutton is the reason to be hate? Damn, there must be a lot of people hate me. Do people hate Kagura from Gintama and Saya from Blood+ for that reason too?

As a big fan of Gintama, I find her a bit annoying, but not for the reason that she's a glutton. Her character design is fine, but I can't seem to really "like" her. I only have her in extended favs because she's from Gintama and because she's my precious Kamui's little sister. Overall, I don't mind seeing her onscreen...but you know, a lot of most girls in anime are annoying...
Every harem protagonist? I found Yuji from Grisaia no Kajitsu to be worthwhile out of the whole bunch.
Feb 11, 2018 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
LelouchXLuluko said:
Every harem protagonist? I found Yuji from Grisaia no Kajitsu to be worthwhile out of the whole bunch.

Ayumu and Kinji are also pretty awesome. My two favorites. Oh but who could forget Okabe?

Feb 12, 2018 12:46 AM
Aug 2017
pgmhecateii said:
Every dense guy
Every harem protag (the useless ones)
Every single damn idiot that falls in love with his abuser
Every single cheerful girl with a bland personality

Suzumiya Haruhi prob wasn't that bad since it was one of my earlier anime, and I was only getting used to anime characters, so I didn't get pissed out a lot.

Himawari9 said:
Wait so being a glutton is the reason to be hate? Damn, there must be a lot of people hate me. Do people hate Kagura from Gintama and Saya from Blood+ for that reason too?

As a big fan of Gintama, I find her a bit annoying, but not for the reason that she's a glutton. Her character design is fine, but I can't seem to really "like" her. I only have her in extended favs because she's from Gintama and because she's my precious Kamui's little sister. Overall, I don't mind seeing her onscreen...but you know, a lot of most girls in anime are annoying...

Edit: Fixed the definition of "every single harem protag".

Really? Kagura is the best shounen jump heroine. She is badass, confident and strong. Gintama and Fullmetal Allchemist are the two series where I don't hate or dislike any female character . Being female, I don't find most girls in anime annoying, I just hate specific archetypes like boy-crazy, fake-cutesy or weak-willed.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

10 by TheMechaManiac »»
54 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

32 by Ex-Aid »»
3 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.