Forum Settings
Forums

Who's a character that ruined an entire show for you?

New
Jan 4, 2018 12:54 PM

Jan 2018
Any character that ruined\brought down an otherwise good show
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2018 1:01 PM

May 2015
Rem from Re:Zero.

Akemi Homura, Saito Chiwa, Kaname Madoka, Yuuk Aoi, Sakura Kyouko, Miki Sayaka, Tomoe Mami and Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica.

Makishima Shougo from Psycho Pass.

Okabe Rintarou from Steins;Gate.

Midoriya Izuku from Boku no Hero Academia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
fate stay night would have been better without shirou

just make it saber's owner an identical clone.. pref lesbian
Jan 4, 2018 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Louise from ZnT
the anime could have been the best magic type anime i'd have seen if she wasn't an abusive bitch.
especially now since i long for a good magic show

inb4 Deknijff :D
Jan 4, 2018 1:06 PM

Apr 2017
Touka from tokyo ghoul made me wanna guest star in one of Logan Paul's vlogs if ya catch my drift
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jan 4, 2018 1:08 PM

Jul 2015
Shitoge nisekoi
Erina food wars
Chihiro Twgok
Emilia rezero

Those bitches deserve to be burned alive
tragedydesuJan 4, 2018 1:11 PM
Jan 4, 2018 1:11 PM
Sep 2017
Kana and Murano from parasyte
Makisa and eren from Attack on Titan
Erina from food wars
Jan 4, 2018 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
the main character, Ibuki from Chaos Dragon.
It could've been a decent fantasy action if we didn't have him just standing and crying and making stupid decisions there.
Jan 4, 2018 1:16 PM

Mar 2016
Souta from Kanojo ga Flag
Everyone from Asterisk.
Everyone from Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut Bahamut
Emile from Hundred.
Every doll, i mean, character from Blade Dance.
SomuchgamerJan 4, 2018 1:58 PM

Jan 4, 2018 1:18 PM
Aug 2017
It would be great if my childhood wasn’t ruined so hercule ruined dragon ball z for me
Bitches love cannons
Jan 4, 2018 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
Ume Shiraume from Ben-To.

And without Subaru Re:Zero would have been actually bearable. Probably.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 4, 2018 1:24 PM

Nov 2015
Akise Aru from My Future Diary he ruined the whole anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 1:27 PM

May 2014
zal said:

I'm pleasantly surprised, I came here to say that but never expected to see him so early on.

Anyway, Idk about the "otherwise good show" bit, but the original trio/Team 7 of Naruto is irredeemable imo.
Just about everyone from the main cast of Fairy Tail at this point, but I feel like picking on these two = low hanging fruit. (See also: Kirito, Asuna)
I still think Fate/Stay UBW would be massively improved if either of the MCs were switched out with practically anyone else. I can only think of shows I didn't like, apparently, sorry.

I wonder if anyone will say Shinji tbh.
Jan 4, 2018 1:31 PM

May 2017
The MC of School Days.
Man, that ending was satisfying...
Jan 4, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Somuchgamer said:
Everyone from Bahamut

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut or Shingeki no Bahamut?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 4, 2018 1:35 PM

Aug 2017
zal said:

Akemi Homura, Saito Chiwa, Kaname Madoka, Yuuk Aoi, Sakura Kyouko, Miki Sayaka, Tomoe Mami and Kyuubey from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica.

How dare you, I mean I do agree with the Okabe one but still! How could you say Makishima's name!
Jan 4, 2018 1:36 PM

Feb 2017
The only character that ruined my interest in an entire series and condemn it to never watch the first and the rest of its next seasons tha I can remember is Tae Shimura from Gintama (Shinpachi's older sister)

Really, I never hated a character so much to the point to drop it and never have any slight interest on give a chance to the other seasons.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jan 4, 2018 1:40 PM
Jun 2016
Somuchgamer said:
Everyone from Asterisk.
Everyone from Bahamut
Emile from Hundred.
I haven‘t watched the others, but why Rem? Found that she made the show so much better.
Jan 4, 2018 1:40 PM
Oct 2016
Hagumi from honey and clover. Couldnt say exactly what about them bothered me so much, but I ended up dropping it early on mostly because of her
Jan 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2018
zal said:

I'm curious what your reason is for this, personally he's one of my favorites
Jan 4, 2018 1:42 PM

Oct 2014

His name is Biba Amatori and he is from Kabaneri.

He did the impossible, his inclusion made EVERYTHING (Characters, Story andv all) in the series WORSE.

He turned a bearable show into DOG SHIT
Jan 4, 2018 1:42 PM

May 2015
EngravedinDeath said:
zal said:

How dare you, I mean I do agree with the Okabe one but still! How could you say Makishima's name!
I dare because I have no shame. At least you're fine with me saying his surname.
Overall there were many things I didn't like in Psycho Pass but I think it could've worked if it wasn't for Makishima. Seemed too forced, like a glorified psychopath. Not even a well developed psychopath like Ichi from Koroshiya Ichi (manga).

_MakiBaki said:
zal said:

I'm curious what your reason is for this, personally he's one of my favorites
Too much otaku pandering, couldn't take the show seriously to the point that I see it just as a melodrama, not a sci-fi.

Bourmegar said:

He did the impossible, his inclusion made EVERYTHING (Characters, Story andv all) in the series WORSE.

You might find it ironic (from someone who spent too much time criticizing this anime) but I think Biba was the only interesting thing about that anime. If the show would've focused on him and developed that motivation of putting people in danger in order to try and save humanity as a sort of antihero then I might have found that bearable.
zalJan 4, 2018 1:49 PM
Jan 4, 2018 1:43 PM

Aug 2017
I wouldn't say that this anime was ruined for me, but five from zankyou no terror was pretty bad :D

Kacchan from bnha since he has only one pattern of behavior

And Akko from Little Witch Academia, I couldn't stand how childish she was
Jan 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Jun 2015
i genuinely disliked kaori from your lie in april in the beginning
i mean she grew on me but she was prob the reason why i didnt continue watching the anime until a year after it ended
Jan 4, 2018 1:48 PM

May 2016
As time went by, I really started to like K-On! more and more...except for Azusa. Azusa is absolutely useless and has the personality of a cardboard box. And the fact that the series' emotional climax is dependent on her is just tragic, considering the worthless tub of tapioca can't even carry a basic scene by herself, let alone the emotional climax of a 36-episode series.

And the bizarre thing is that Azusa is the only character in the show with this problem--everyone else, even bit one-shot characters, has a definable personality with human traits. Azusa does not. Azusa is a human block of tofu, definable only by her association with everything else on the plate.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 4, 2018 1:49 PM

May 2015
Kira Yoshikage, more like Kira makesmewanttodieay. Part 4's cool though.

For a show that was actually ruined for me, Subaru's a pretty big reason why I didn't like Re:Zero I'd say(especially since I consider the show ruined because of everything from episode 13 onwards.)
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 4, 2018 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
zal said:
EngravedinDeath said:
I dare because I have no shame. At least you're fine with me saying his surname.
Overall there were many things I didn't like in Psycho Pass but I think it could've worked if it wasn't for Makishima. Seemed too forced, like a glorified psychopath. Not even a well developed psychopath like Ichi from Koroshiya Ichi (manga).
"Seemed Forced"? His character was being teased from the beginning, It was certain that their was someone behind all the occurring's, Someone who was playing the mind games all this time, How did it seem forced? And the part he wasn't well developed? His motive's and his ideologies were explained quite clearly in the series, How he was different from everyone in the society he belonged to and on what he wanted to achieve, So how is he not "well developed"? From what he gave as a villain in only 22 episodes is remarkable, even appearing after mid session.
Jan 4, 2018 1:56 PM
Aug 2016
zal said:

Bourmegar said:

^pretty much these

OT: Raki. His mere existence was one of the worst things a so-so series like Claymore could have got.
Jan 4, 2018 1:57 PM

Dec 2016
Kamina from Gurren Laggan, he never stop to think, make bad choices all the time, but because plot everything ends well and everyone LOVES him

He almost kills Simon every second, why ?
heh.
Jan 4, 2018 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
The list is long and full of explicit language.
Jan 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
T0ndo said:
Somuchgamer said:
Everyone from Asterisk.
Everyone from Bahamut
Emile from Hundred.
I haven‘t watched the others, but why Rem? Found that she made the show so much better.

After her "arc" she just becomes a moeblob, or a puppy.

Jan 4, 2018 2:02 PM

Apr 2016
To be honest, not for me. Never is there a single character that makes a show unwatchable for me.
At worst, it's an entire cast. Some like Shin Asuka from SEED Destiny and Naota from FLCL, in which the MC is so intolerable that an already bad cast is no longer as putrid and a large chunk of the disdain I have from those shows comes from them, do come close. Though both shows sucked ass regardless.
zal said:
To be fair, Re:Zero was terrible even without her inclusion
Jan 4, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
Sorata from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo... he's sooo fucking annoying
Jan 4, 2018 2:05 PM

May 2016
Bob-o-Dominador said:
Kamina from Gurren Laggan, he never stop to think, make bad choices all the time, but because plot everything ends well and everyone LOVES him

Sounds like you completely missed the point of his character (and the series as a whole).

Kamina is charismatic. He's not smart, he's not skilled, he's not brave--he is just able to make everyone think that he is. He puts a lot of stress on Simon because--AS HE EXPLICITLY TELLS YOKO AND THE AUDIENCE IN GREAT DETAIL HOW DID YOU MISS IT--Simon shines under pressure and is actually the one who manages to save the day, because Kamina admits his faults and outright says that the only worthwhile thing he can offer to anyone is moral support, because, again, he is charismatic, not smart or skilled or brave. All he can do is pretend to be those things to embolden the characters who actually are those things to take action.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 4, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2015
EngravedinDeath said:
zal said:
"Seemed Forced"? His character was being teased from the beginning, It was certain that their was someone behind all the occurring's, Someone who was playing the mind games all this time, How did it seem forced? And the part he wasn't well developed? His motive's and his ideologies were explained quite clearly in the series, How he was different from everyone in the society he belonged to and on what he wanted to achieve, So how is he not "well developed"? From what he gave as a villain in only 22 episodes is remarkable, even appearing after mid session.
Not his presence as villain and mind behind the occurrences but character as in personality and who he was. Everyone talks about his motivation (which I regularly forget despite how many times I am reminded of it) so please tell me your version of his motivation.

CodeBlazeFate said:
zal said:
Agree and disagree.
I disagree because the idea of a loser getting over the obstacles through trial and error despite being a loser and suffering on the way had potential.
Agree because for me just like Madoka Magica it contradicts itself in the resolution of the conflicts (him becoming and behaving like a hero every time he is going to survive).
zalJan 4, 2018 2:17 PM
Jan 4, 2018 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
Yukine from Noragami
Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki
Alladin from Magi
Jan 4, 2018 2:15 PM

Jan 2016
Well the ones I can recall from recent memories are

Biba from Kabareni
Jean from ACCA 13
Umaru from Himouto Umaru-chan
The entire cast of Ousama game
Jan 4, 2018 2:26 PM

Jan 2016
Hey, a listing thread.
Well then.

The obvious choice would be Biba from Kabaneri, but I hate Kanetsugu from Masamune-kun's Revenge more, but alas, possible spoiler territory ahead for my reasons as to why.

And also that MC from Orange. I can't remember her name, Just because of how... she didn't even try to do anything with vital information she was given, in the few episodes I watched. It was frankly frustrating, maybe her character changed later in the series, but I ended up dropping it at episode 3.

And lastly, Kirito and Asuna's daughter from SAO. She just... didn't need to be there (or maybe actually the entire arc itself) and in fact, I'm not going to put in a spoiler as I assume everyone has seen SAO and those who haven't don't care, it's because of her that any sense of realism in the series dropped, when Kirito codes her into an item in like 10 seconds. A hyper-advanced AI, turned into an item, by coding the game from within the game itself. Yeah, sure.

Jan 4, 2018 2:33 PM
Dec 2013
Mahiru Inami from Working!!. Probably would've give one of the seasons a 10/10 if she wasn't in it.

Also, Tenma from School Rumble, and Chiaki and Konoha from Gamers.
wildhoodJan 6, 2018 5:45 AM
Jan 4, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2015
Raki from Claymore
Melo and Near from Death Note
Lucoa, Elma and Fafnir from Kobayashi
The Bunny from Servant x Service
Jan 4, 2018 2:42 PM
Nov 2017
Raki (Claymore) An abhorrent addition to the world of anime.

Jan 4, 2018 2:43 PM

Dec 2016
Zelkiiro said:
Bob-o-Dominador said:

Sounds like you completely missed the point of his character (and the series as a whole).

Kamina is charismatic. He's not smart, he's not skilled, he's not brave--he is just able to make everyone think that he is. He puts a lot of stress on Simon because--AS HE EXPLICITLY TELLS YOKO AND THE AUDIENCE IN GREAT DETAIL HOW DID YOU MISS IT--Simon shines under pressure and is actually the one who manages to save the day, because Kamina admits his faults and outright says that the only worthwhile thing he can offer to anyone is moral support, because, again, he is charismatic, not smart or skilled or brave. All he can do is pretend to be those things to embolden the characters who actually are those things to take action.

For sure I should try give the show another chance, i dropped it too early. But honestly, I just don't get how others pepeople think he is so charismatic without having anothers qualitys, he just looks insane, simon is the only person that i imagine should think otherwise

Maybe the main reason why i fell upset is because it just feels like a bad idea to put stress in someone else, I mean, he is already fighting some crazy thing's, you really need to put your life in danger just to get more stress ?

I don't think the show was garbage, but he t made me try watch other thing, and I was too lazy to come back
N04L1TYJan 4, 2018 2:52 PM
heh.
Jan 4, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2017
zal said:
EngravedinDeath said:
Not his presence as villain and mind behind the occurrences but character as in personality and who he was. Everyone talks about his motivation (which I regularly forget despite how many times I am reminded of it) so please tell me your version of his motivation.

CodeBlazeFate said:
Agree and disagree.
I disagree because the idea of a loser getting over the obstacles through trial and error despite being a loser and suffering on the way had potential.
Agree because for me just like Madoka Magica it contradicts itself in the resolution of the conflicts (him becoming and behaving like a hero every time he is going to survive).
Thank you for asking me on how HE actually motivates me, Because I've been aching to say this for sometime to someone. So just take a bit of you're time and hear me out....

“When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek... what he was born to achieve... his true nature will become clear.”- The point of this quote from him was to explain on how after a man is tested through fear, his real self is derived. I at time's when I felt fear of something, Went empty minded...did stupid things and made a fool out of myself making the situation even worse, After hearing this quote of his, from then onward's kept calm at moments like these, Tried to gather my thoughts and do something for the best, I felt more motivated to do this looking at him on how he faced super tough situations, But kept his calm and did what he thought was needed to be done.

“People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any replacement. Any relationship can be replaced”- After this one, I started taking every relationship as a temporary treaty between each other, And let me tell you...it really helped lol.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I might've sound really stupid being motivated by a damned anime character, But still thats what has helped me, whats the point in hiding.

Jan 4, 2018 2:48 PM

Oct 2017
All characters in SAO and Tokyo Ghoul are absolute garbage, you know...
Also Edogawa Ranpo from Bungou Stray Dogs, he's just total bullshit.
Jan 4, 2018 2:59 PM

Oct 2016
Mika Shimotsuki from Psycho-Pass 2.
Other than that, no, a sole character has never been the reason I disliked an anime. Although they've definitely contributed to anime that were already bad and may have been the reason I dropped some. (For example, I didn't like Fuuka all that much from the beginning, but I probably would have stuck to the end if it weren't for the main characters).
Jan 4, 2018 3:01 PM

May 2015
EngravedinDeath said:
zal said:

Agree and disagree.
Thank you for asking me on how HE actually motivates me, Because I've been aching to say this for sometime to someone. So just take a bit of you're time and hear me out....

“When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek... what he was born to achieve... his true nature will become clear.”- The point of this quote from him was to explain on how after a man is tested through fear, his real self is derived. I at time's when I felt fear of something, Went empty minded...did stupid things and made a fool out of myself making the situation even worse, After hearing this quote of his, from then onward's kept calm at moments like these, Tried to gather my thoughts and do something for the best, I felt more motivated to do this looking at him on how he faced super tough situations, But kept his calm and did what he thought was needed to be done.

“People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any replacement. Any relationship can be replaced”- After this one, I started taking every relationship as a temporary treaty between each other, And let me tell you...it really helped lol.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I might've sound really stupid being motivated by a damned anime character, But still thats what has helped me, whats the point in hiding.
No problem, it's nice that his words motivated you.

However I was asking your version of his motivation which was something like being accepted in society?
Jan 4, 2018 3:06 PM

Dec 2015
This stupid kid from mirai nikki holy shit how why
Jan 4, 2018 3:12 PM

Feb 2016
@zal Makishima feels like a random character from GiTS: Innocence with that awful quotations of famous sentences for the heck of it. But then again, writting good characters isn't exactly what Urobuchi is good at. I mean, the rest of the cast of Psycho-Pass all range from awful to mediocre

OT: i dunno. I can't think of anything that i came to dislike because of one specific character
Jan 4, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2016
Lefiya Viridis from Danmachi Sword Oratoria and Slain Troyard from Aldnoah Zero
Jan 4, 2018 3:57 PM

Feb 2015
*insert almost every heroine from reverse harems*
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

85 by maya2003s »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

27 by shiro-seishun »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.