Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 18, 2017 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
Aside from the ending, this was pretty good all through. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 19, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
There is more broken with SAO movie than expected, it's just as bad as tvshow.

Story wise it was fun until the second half, but on a technical aspect it's yet another hilarious fucking meme.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 21, 2017 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
Besides the fact that all the girls were trying to get into Kirito's pants even though he has Asuna, I really enjoyed this movie. It also has it's usual SAO bs, but I never really minded that from this series.

After Kirito read Asuna's diary, I was screaming inside my head for Kirito to hug Asuna as soon as she walked back into the room, and he did it! They even fell onto the bed together :)
I also teared up a bit during the last boss fight when Yuuki appeared next to Asuna as she was starting up Mother's Rosario. Yuuki is still best girl :')

Overall, the movie was super entertaining, the quality of animation was amazing, and the music was fantastic. Loved the movie!
AndoOct 21, 2017 1:10 AM
Oct 22, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2012

And that was the end. It was okay. Nice ED song by LiSA as expected. I was shook when I heard that insert song that sounded like "to the beginning". Nice sakuga moments as usual. LMAO at that last boss fight being rushed as fock. Even though I'm not a fan of Asuna, the highlight of the film was the bath scene showing her nipple and booty. As a man of culture, I have to praise it. As a Suguha fan (best girl), they owe Suguha fans another bath scene showing her nipples and booty with no fog considering she got a shower scene in the 1st season, but they didn't show her nipples and her booty was only shown when she was sitting then it got blocked by fog when she got up. Correct the sins of the past.

With that said, nice Digimon: BnWG reference during the penultimate scene before the credits.
RobOct 22, 2017 12:40 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 22, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2016
I only watched this because of the article I read before. Where they announced the BD version will have Asuna's tiddie nip slip.

Jokes aside. I totally liked this one than the prequel its really surprisingly good, I had goosebumps when i saw Yuuki's soul & Mother's Rosario in the end and also Lovey dovey Kirito and Asuna. Probably gonna re-watch this sometime.

Great run 9/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Oct 25, 2017 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
to sum it all:

at first, I thought Kuhaku/Blank from No Game No Life are the one who hold the number 1 in player rank. actually, I expect that as a cameo. I dissapointed.

Klein and the others are stupid enough not to mention Eiji assaulting him, he could report to the police that the rank number 2 hit him deliberately, and all the accident comes to an end.

Kirito triggered when Asuna getting hurt, therefore he tells all players to fuck off and beat the shit out of the boss for himself, making all the comment when he post on the internet are comes true. verdict: he's kinda asshole too.

Well, thanks for those little fanservice, especially Asuna nip slip and Kirito burried face on Asuna boobs. I thought they're gonna bang each other since there's no one in Asuna home that moment. I don't read the LN, maybe they did it in the LN, who knows.

It's really hard to believe that Kirito physically getting stronger in such a sort amount of time, improving human physic capabilities aren't that fast, it needs time.

beating out the boss really give you rank boost so fast, Kirito enter rank 2 just after he entered the stadium. really, it's that easy?

to stop all the bosses, he needs to full-dive, beat the 100th floor boss, getting a godly weapon from it, and swing at every boss, eh?
what i really can't believe is, he get to use his old SAO costume? really?

I think it's unnecessary to show Konno Yuuki when Asuna attack.

after beat the 100th floor, I thought he comes out from the full-dive, but instead, he still in full-dive, but appear in the stadium, doesn't it mean, some drones just projecting him as a program in there?

since he can projecting himself into AR game, doesn't it mean he's technically become a God/GM? since he's the only one who get's superhuman reflex and abilities from SAO full-dive?
it's kinda absurd to see that, really. still, I loved the fighting scene.
AbyhapeOct 25, 2017 11:58 AM
Oct 26, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2012
The first season was awesome. The second season was all right, I actually liked it, although it's a bit of an unpopular opinion. But this. This movie right here is everything. I live for this movie, and I'm super excited for the next season.
Oct 27, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
Is it original story or adapt from the LN?
Oct 28, 2017 5:27 AM

Dec 2015
When I watched the original SAO I was quite new to anime, pretty inexperienced and easily impressed by basically anything flashy or "epic".

So this is basically the first real time I'm watching SAO since now I know what I like and I don't...and god, I gotta say this was so much cringe. Bad side characters, bad main characters, cringy dialogue, loud and flashy fights, so many things wrong with this movie and SAO in general. 2/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 28, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
Another girl to Kirito's harem but let's not bother since she's actually dead! O_o

Only thing I've enjoyed was the fight against Aincrad's floor 100 boss which we finally get to see and when players from 3 VRMMOs joined in to take it down.

The devices are getting smaller and faster, Moore's law is still alive but let's just stick our heads on the microwave oven, it's almost the same cooking your entire brain one time, it's just faster versus doing it one neuron at the time.

I don't read the LN or whatever but I'm wondering what's next as I'm sensing pattern here:
* SAO, ALO, GGO, OS, ...whatever the name of the game where "Hath" is or if that's the environment?
* Kayaba, Sugou, Shigemura, ...Kikuoka?
* NervGear, Amusphere, Augma, ...?

This was just OK. 7/10

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 31, 2017 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
The ending fight was a bit rushed and overwhelming for me. They tried to squeeze in too many trademark aspects of the characters like sinon's sniping skills, pina, starburst stream, mother's rosario and so on. And kirito getting that op sword was just too easy of an ending. The fight against floor 100 boss was too short (maybe easy?). I understand that they have advantages due to the boss probably not being optimized to SAO+ALO+GGO raids but it's the floor 100 boss. The different phases should be more complicated than the few shown attack patterns that were finished within a couple of scene cuts. Other than that I really liked the moment when Yuuki appeared and thanks for not cutting away from the kissing scenes. Furthermore, many probably noticed the short ~20seconds of Yuuna actually singing "The First Town" OST with lyrics. I got so hyped at that moment. Sadly a quick google didn't reveal a full official version to me :(. The Yui webcam was also nice. There were some other small elements which were mentioned in the novels and were properly adapted but I forgot which ones.
Overall a very nice prequel for the next arc. I'm happy they made it since it's also something new for the novel readers. I hope they will put Kirito meeting Asuna's mother into an OVA or sth.

PS: Asuna's boobs got bigger :O (+ that nipple scene, can't believe it's uncensored, not that it's a bad thing :P).
Oct 31, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2010
Story makes no sense lol.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 1, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2015
For me it was just pure fun. Great animation. 8/10.

Also...LOOK AT MY NIPPLES! LOOK AT THEM!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 3, 2017 11:11 AM
Oct 2017
Hi this movie is awesome. I love the ending 😊😊😊 but i was so sad and crying about yuuna 😭😭😭😭 sorry i can't help it. This story based on yuuna 😭😭sorry so if there are any other way to save yuuna then I'm not crying now. I hope she's alive. Goodbye yuuna😢😢.
This is my true feeling's. I have to share this feeling's otherwise I'm gonna cry for long time.
AmareshNov 3, 2017 11:23 AM
Nov 3, 2017 11:24 AM
Oct 2017
Hi this movie is awesome. I love the ending 😊😊😊 but i was so sad and crying about yuuna 😭😭😭😭 sorry i can't help it. This story based on yuuna 😭😭sorry so if there are any other way to save yuuna then I'm not crying now. I hope she's alive. Goodbye yuuna😢😢.
This is my true feeling's. I have to share this feeling's otherwise I'm gonna cry for long time.
Nov 3, 2017 5:38 PM
Mar 2017
I watched this movie in april with a group of friends in a movie theater and I couldn't believe my eyes. The Theater was full of people. It was just cool to see all the sword art online fans in one place and the film itself is like fanservice for all the sao fans. And btw it was my first time watching anime in cinema. Just an awesome experience.
Nov 5, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Not bad, this time they were using the next hype after VR, AR. Got reminded by Pokemon Go at occasions xD
Also Asuna's nipple seems to take most attention away from everything else lol. Not enough Leifa screentime though and I guess the whole story with the new headsets didn't make a lot of sense. Oh well, the fighting scenes were still gorgeous.
Nov 7, 2017 1:13 PM
Jul 2017
Was actually hyped when they turned into their old sao characters for that final boss battle. I also like the Working!! (Wagnaria) refenrence at the beginning when they are at the cafe.
Nov 10, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
Missed this movie on theatre, we decided to proceed watching another movie, IT WAS SO BAD.

Finally we got a chance to watch it for real, i'm honest, i didn't have much expectations for it, but lately a lot of anime movies are surprising me a lot and this is one of them :D

It made our day, sure as always sao has some plot holes here and there, but overall i find it really enjoyable, the new game remembers me of Accel World, which i'm very fond of, and it's nice too see all the characters together in this story.

The fights were really good, you can feel the realism of them through the astounding sound effects and great animations. Asuna had a good amount of time dedicated to her, but sinon had too little imo. Story was good and the idea of the game and the concert was a strange but good. Yuna is cute!
The fight with the original final boss of Aincrad was a treat to me, i always wondered about it, and here you get and adrenalinic fight that will make you happy, yes it's a bit rushed, but considering the limited movie time it was ok. Yuuki appearing in the fight was great. Now i'm waiting for season 3, but no hurry, i've got a lot of series to watch in the meanwhile ;)
Nov 10, 2017 9:25 AM
Oct 2007
Action scenes were totally fabulous!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2017 7:38 AM

Feb 2014
No you can't suddenly declare Augma as limited version of NerveGear. It's common knowledge that AR & VR are basically different tech, as stated repeatedly in the movie
And why is Kirito scared of Eiji's sword pointed at his neck? isn't it just one of those pen-gadget like the one Silica used to sing? And if that's the case, then how do they finally battle with those make-believe swords LOL
ProtozNov 11, 2017 7:48 AM
Nov 11, 2017 10:03 PM

Nov 2011
Is it just me or does the body movements in this movie look a bit robotic-like?
On the plus side, I did like the music especially the first half. The action was neat too and didn't have any awkward moments in that department.

There was quite a bit of emotions in this movie and imo, protrayed better the previous two seasons.

I had some mixed thoughts with Kirito's fight in the movie. It felt just so-so as I wanted to see SAO protray it differently.

The ending felt cheesy imo, could of been executed better. Overall, decent movie but not great.
Nov 12, 2017 1:24 AM

May 2015
That's a lot of confetti...

I'll definitely say that this movie does better than the two previous seasons. Flashy fights, good pacing where they don't drag things out too long, and keeping to the story without deviating away from it much. Then again, there were a lot of moments in this movie that made me go "What...Really? REALLY?" It's still pretty entertaining though.

Was it a good watch? Yes.
Would I watch it again? Nah. Once is enough. It doesn't really have that spice to get me to watch it a second time.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:14 AM
Nov 21, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2014
Finally got around to watching a 1080p torrent of this.

- Did the art QC take a nosedive?
- Oh look Kirito kun got his ass kicked finally
- ALO of all things dafuq why is it still alive
- nip slip
- Based Kayaba putting in god mode at the end

5/10
Nov 23, 2017 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
Yea that's right, Asuna sure better take part in the last battle. (a bit annoying to hack everyone from ALO in as well...) Speaking of which, the hack fairy Yui wasn't completely useless this time.

It was great to see the floor-slaying-demon Asuna taking charge again. Best part of the whole movie right there.

So the drop from the "final" boss was a 1hit-kill sword. That boss looks like fun.
Pretty amusing watching Kirito solo all the bosses to rank up lol.

Excitement: 9/10
Story: 5/10
Music: 8/10
Asuna: 8/10
Sinon: 8/10
Overall: 7/10 (standard SAO score) Very fun to watch, just have to look past some of the nonsense (stealing memories).
Nov 23, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2017
i liked it, it was pretty good and pretty well done.
Nov 25, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
I wonder what the next SAO survivor is gonna do to try and kill a bunch of people and what their shitty back story is gonna be. Maybe next time they'll have a beta tester that got shunned and got all pissed off now they're gonna murder everyone? Or maybe they're gonna have those two cross dressers at the start of SAO come back and try and start some weird shit because they were forced to wear robes to hide their creepy cross dressing habits. Who knows? The ideas of random characters coming to harm Kirito-sama's friends in convoluted ways are endless.
Would've preferred to see all the despair from the death game when it was happening and not the aftermath of SAO and all the events that SAO caused but I guess this is still okay..
Nov 26, 2017 5:08 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty decent movie......felt like it was a throwback to Ainzcard arc or catering to hardcore nostalgic fans. Kirito as always OP (now IRL due to online kendo crash course).

Asuna atleast got some spotlight while other girls just settled for backseat of the bike. It always bugged me that Yui program is way more of cheat than a 'daughter'. 7/10
Nov 26, 2017 11:06 AM
Nov 2017
The movie was realy grate, with a good story, and seeing kirito in god mode was something cool but still da finaly was sad . It was more better if Iuna stay on internet not beeing deleted forever
Dec 1, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2013
It was really nice.
I especially liked Yuuki's brief appearance.
Dec 17, 2017 3:55 AM

Jan 2010
They showed Asuna's nipple! That was pretty daring, ahem. The action scenes were amazing, easily the best thing about the movie. They had actual motion and like a zillion colors! The romance bits were nice too and I cried a bit over Yuuna's story. This is worth watching in a cinema, or at least on a very good TV and sound system.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Dec 19, 2017 10:17 PM

Jan 2015
I liked how they showed the Final Boss of SAO. Because we never actually got to see him, which was enjoyable.
Dec 23, 2017 3:41 PM

Nov 2014
So... why did Asuna call out final boss healing mechanic if she wasn't there when it happened first time?

Overall I liked the movie. Awesome effects, but story wasn't that interesting for me.
Dec 26, 2017 4:04 PM
Aug 2010
10/10 could see Asuna's nipples, would watch again.
Dec 26, 2017 4:19 PM
Apr 2017
I gave it a 2 out of 5
So another SAO survivor wants something
The concert thing during battles I found ridiculous, the girls are so underwhelming. I hate the harem. All in all I just don't like SAO
Dec 31, 2017 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
Man, what a hell of a way to send off 2017! SAO definitely delivered on this one and completely blew me away. Yuuna's story was a reminder that many of SAO's stories, including Eiji's, were left untold. It was really touching when the memories returned to all of the SAO survivors and they started remembering their brief encounters with Yuuna. It wasn't so much that she was ever the center of attention, but those brief encounters with her became all the more meaningful when they learned who she was.

Ordinal Scale also finally gave SAO the closure it long deserved. While I have my fair share of criticisms towards the first season, it was that first game world scenario of life & death in Aincrad that's remained iconic in my memories of SAO. That final boss battle was so breathtaking, but then that Mother's Rosario moment had to get me all teary eyed. Seeing a vestige of Yuuki guiding Asuna's final attack was probably my favorite moment in the entire film.

Something else that particularly stuck out to me was seeing how savage Kirito got in this. One of the girls (Suguha?) mentioned in SAO II that Kirito no longer had to fight for real because the death match of Aincrad was finally over. In this sense, his urgency as he fought to recover Asuna's memories as well as to stop the fatal brain scan really tied everything together for that Aincrad send off that Ordinal Scale so excellently captured.

9/10. Sword Art Online has been a very strange journey for me but I'm glad that it's led me here. Very much looking forward to III when the time comes.

And on a side note, really great to see Kirito x Asuna finally moving along! Ordinal Scale did a great job at letting both of them shine and I think that also played a huge role in how reminiscent to early SAO this movie was.
Jan 3, 2018 5:18 AM
Jul 2017
Definitely an entertaining movie. Completely re-watchable. In fact, I'll probably rewatch the rest of the series after seeing this, just to remind myself of the different cast of characters. Harem wasn't was harem-ish this time around so that's good. But please, stay out of ALO already lol.

The plot was good, and surprising in areas. Writers took risks, with some paying off. I'm glad Asuna got to be a larger part in this story. What a gal for Kirito. She's a complete badass, but with a personality of someone completely at peace. Excellent combo.

The animation was top notch, almost unsettling at times. When Kirito was moving out of his bed, looked so real with his movements and camera panning. Fight scenes, colors, were all excellent. Wish I would have seen this in the theaters.
Jan 3, 2018 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
Lots of plot holes. What annoyed me the most was how Kirito was able to get to rank 2 so quickly DESPITE having so many people played before him + having more interest. Only good thing in this was the relationship between the father and daughter, the rank 2 guy kicking the side character's ass and breaking his arm, all of Sinon scenes, and the look of the Final boss + Sinon getting her original outfit.

Kirito have too much bs around him. Constantly is he shown as the guy that can become #1 in no time. Make it a little more logical for me.

Rate: 6/10

I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jan 6, 2018 3:00 PM
Jul 2015
I though the movie was good! The fight scenes were fantastic!!!! Very nostalgic at times with the first cour with their original forms and old Aincrad. That made me smile like crazy :)
Jan 6, 2018 5:22 PM

Apr 2014
It's always a blessing to hear Kajiura Yuki OST, other than that it was a fine movie with mediocre plot, with few nostalgic scenes and lovely fighting animation.
Jan 10, 2018 7:57 AM

Oct 2014
@KazumaKuzuryu

first: lol

second: erm... those were not the holes I meant when I said that. But, as I also said, I got the +18 copy and that's all I needed.
Jan 13, 2018 7:12 PM

Aug 2014
fucking meh.. 3/10
Jan 17, 2018 8:19 PM

Feb 2015
Boy am I super late, finally got around to watching this.

Since I'm in a good mood, I decided to give it a 8 / 10 as a whole, though I think it's leaning closer to a 7. The art / animation was fantastic, easy 10. And if it had any real problems, I think it'd be the pacing at the end. In the beginning it was going perfect, but as we neared the end the fights got cut too quick. I think if they gave it an extra 30 minutes or so the movie could be a solid 8 or maybe even a 9.

As you'd expect from such a high production movie the sound, both music and VAs were great. Also an easy 9. I noticed some hiccups in the story here and there, but nothing really enough to complain about for me. Maybe a 7 / 10.
I really liked the relationships between the characters, and the only characters I found greatly flawed were the main villains. Obvious cliche villains are obvious and full of fallacies.

The ending was very cliche fairy tale-esque though, not sure how I feel about that, but all in all, definitely my favorite SAO production.

All in all, probably should be a 7, but I'm giving it an 8.
Jan 18, 2018 9:04 PM

May 2016
When you wasted 2 to 3 years to defeat most of the bosses and in 5 minutes you defeat the last boss.

Great fighting animations, Yuuna background sad, and like always everything is about Asuma thats it.
I don't know what you see about this movie but I clearly, can see it 5/10
Jan 19, 2018 1:16 AM
Jul 2017
This was good i give it 8.5/10
Jan 19, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
well the last fight seemed awesome...now the movie had it's flaws but overall had a sense of SAO atmosphere
Feb 9, 2018 2:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This movie was mostly about the great visuals and coreography, the plot was good enough, I liked how there wasnt a clear villain here, but again the only thing that surprised me where the fights, which were mindblowing, some of the best animation ever done, that last fight was O.O.
Kudos for Asuna to use Mother Rosario, seeing Yuuki tighed my heart a bit, that scene was both epic and very emotional, intense as fuck!

I dont believe the movie would have been as good without the animation reaching such heights, but I m fine with it, since that is part of the charm of SAO.

Kirito and Asuna together managed to be cute once again, props to that, also I didnt miss that uncensored nipple service! :3

Final scene hyping me for Alicization, been a good awhile siince I last read vol14, hope the next season arrives quick so I can recall all those great moments with Kirito, Eugeo & Alice, and keep reading further into the LNs.
Will be a great year for SAO if Alicization starts this year for sure.

8.7/10
Feb 9, 2018 3:01 PM

Dec 2009
Really gave the SAO feel. I was a big fan. Really sad about Yuna.

That final fight with floor 100 was pretty cool. And the sudden Gleameyes was nice too. All in all I enjoyed what I watched. Reminded me why I like these sort of things in the first place.
Feb 15, 2018 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
Not bad at all. Kirito gets physically fit to fight in AR a bit too quickly, but whatever.
My question is why does MAL have it listed as a prequel to SAO season 2 when
!?
Feb 18, 2018 6:14 AM
Feb 2018
SAO never disappointed me.Always looking forward to this series 👍👍 10000000/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.