Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Project Details Announced

New
Sep 20, 2017 6:07 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for the previously announced new Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu anime project has revamped and unveiled details. The official title of the new anime project will be Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These and will be receiving a TV anime series titled Kaikou in Spring 2018 for 12 episodes, and a movie trilogy titled Seiran in 2019. Each part of the movie trilogy will consist of four episodes for a total of 12 episodes. The cast and staff members have also been announced. An event for the project was held on Wednesday, where the information were announced.

Staff
Director: Shunsuke Tada ("Bungaku Shoujo" Movie)
Series Composition: Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!)
Character Design: Youko Kikuchi (Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom), Iwao Teraoka (Nihon Animator Mihonichi episode 21 character design), Kei Tsushima (Kuroko no Basket animation director)
Chief Animation Director: Takayuki Goto (Blood-C)
Special Skill Director: Atsushi Takeuchi (Guilty Crown mechanical design)
Mechanical Design: Atsushi Takeuchi, Shinji Usui (009 Re:Cyborg), Shinobu Tsuneki (Atom: The Beginning)
Original Mechanical Design: Naoyuki Kato (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu art)
Studio: Production I.G
Supervision: Wright Staff
Planning Cooperation: Kitty Entertainment
Production Cooperation: Tokuma Shoten, DMM pictures
Production: Shochiku, Production I.G

Cast
Reinhard von Lohengramm: Mamoru Miyano (Ajin)
Wen-li Yang: Kenichi Suzumura (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199)
Siegfried Kircheis: Yuuichirou Umehara (Young Black Jack)
Narration: Yoshimitsu Shimoyama (Utawarerumono)

PV 1

Source: Mantan Web

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These Seiran 1, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These Seiran 2 & Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These Seiran 3 on MAL
VindstotMay 6, 2018 5:12 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2007
Schedule:
April to June 2018 (TV: Kaikou)
2019 (Movie Screening: Seiran)
http://gineiden-anime.com/onair.html
tsubasaloverSep 20, 2017 6:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2014
that cast though <3

I haven't watched the original series but seeing there's a narrator in the main cast, I hope he's not as annoying as in HxH
Sep 20, 2017 6:15 AM
Feb 2015
Was expecting a bit more than 12 episodes for the TV anime. Hopefully, if it ends up being good, we'll get more (in addition to the movie trilogy, of course) :)

Not much for me to say about the Staff working on it but I think the Cast has been chosen well. Mamoru as Reinhard shall be interesting.
I expect good memes :P
CrumblyKawaiiSep 20, 2017 6:18 AM
Sep 20, 2017 6:19 AM

Jul 2015
TV Series not being at least 2 cour is a let down.

If they keep the political arena of the novel intact (which I doubt), it will have enough quality to be the anime of the season.

They are probably testing the movie route to finance the production. TV Series is just a teaser.

ps: We finally have something to bring total chaos in MAL TOP 10. Half of the entries will be LOTGH and the other half Gintama.

AdrianRubinskySep 20, 2017 6:45 AM
Sep 20, 2017 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
TBH, looks like rushed adaptation dissaster... but oh well, i never understood the appealing of space drama... so.. pass...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 20, 2017 6:28 AM
Jan 2017
Have heard a lot about this series. I have yet to watch the old one, though i doubt this new adaptation would come close to the old one.
Sep 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2012
Omg they turned the iconic characters into fujoshi-bait.

i smell tons of elitist so butthurt about this.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 20, 2017 6:35 AM
Nov 2014
It doesn't look half bad tbh. I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 20, 2017 6:37 AM

May 2013
Oh the elitist are gonna be so mad about this, this is gonna be funny
Sep 20, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2014
So the creators either have no faith in the sales or they want a good and stable finance by releasing it in single cours.....

All these years and only 12 eps?
Sep 20, 2017 6:40 AM

Oct 2014
FackuIkari said:
hehe not only the elitists I think.
Sep 20, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2013
Bourmegar said:
So the creators either have no faith in the sales or they want a good and stable finance by releasing it in single cours.....

12 episode and 3 movies, so pretty much 24 episodes
Sep 20, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2015
This doesn't look half bad, to be honest. I hope this will actually be a complete adaptation of the novel.
Sep 20, 2017 6:44 AM

May 2013
Bourmegar said:
FackuIkari said:

speaking for myself I don't really mind it, I love the original ovas and since they announced this it was obvious that the characters would look like this
Sep 20, 2017 6:45 AM

Jul 2016
I'm worried about two things.
The character designs looks awful, I'd go with the old looks any day of the week and the short duration of the adaptation compared to the original.
The ships CGI honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm used to it and I know it's necessary to save budget.
Sure it's a bad first impression but I'm still hyped for this and hoping it will do some justice to the quality of the original.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Sep 20, 2017 6:49 AM

Sep 2015
ARubinsky said:
ps: We finally have something to bring total chaos in MAL TOP 10. Half of the entries will be LOTGH and the other half Gintama.

I hope to see this happen LMAO. Soon Monogatari, Gintama, and LOTGH will take over everything.
Sep 20, 2017 6:51 AM
Jul 2015
So will they be adapting 1 vol of the in all those movies and tv series..... i checked up on mal and its listed that novel has 10 vol.
I want to know if that old adaptation covers the whole source material....??
cuz if thats the case i might as well watch that one rather than endlessly waiting for an incomplete adaptation...
Sep 20, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2014
12 episodes? But the question is it's length.
It could be an hour long episode or what not.
Well, never mind. I don't even care about that overrated franchise.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 20, 2017 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
I'm worried about this being only 1-cour more than anything.
SkittlesSep 20, 2017 7:19 AM
Sep 20, 2017 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
the voices doesn't suit them :'( and they looked more mature and better before :"(
Sep 20, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2014
FackuIkari said:
Bourmegar said:

yh but who says that the movies will be like new episodes? They might as well be just movie version of these 12 episodes.

FackuIkari said:
Bourmegar said:

speaking for myself I don't really mind it, I love the original ovas and since they announced this it was obvious that the characters would look like this

Well I was only talking about the length
Sep 20, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2015
my m
Sazanami-Kai said:

i am one of them ,they looked more mature and better before :'(
Sep 20, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2013
Bourmegar said:
FackuIkari said:

yh but who says that the movies will be like new episodes? They might as well be just movie version of these 12 episodes.

FackuIkari said:

Well I was only talking about the length

The TV series and the movies have different names so I guess they're different things? Shit I hope

And I was talking about the "fushioji bait" character desing, that's gonna piss some people off
Sep 20, 2017 7:04 AM
Aug 2016
I'm still going to give this a try. I doubt that it will live up to the original but it still might end up being good....probably not. Anyways, I don't like how they look. They look like fujoshi bait characters.......oh well. That's modern anime for ya.

Also, did my eyes see fucking CGI?
Sep 20, 2017 7:12 AM
Dec 2014
Sazanami-Kai said:

I've got nothing against fujoshi. I enjoy shoujo myself.

But LotGH doesn't need a new adaptation. There is already an excellent show.
Sep 20, 2017 7:17 AM
Jan 2016
The PV looks quite nice & does not look like a budget adaptation. While the CGI does not look bad, it's not exactly blending with the hand-drawn art style. It's fine, I guess.

As for the staff, surprisingly decent. I was expecting the staff to be filled with newcomers.

kaitoXotaku96 said:
and they looked more mature and better before :"(

The old one does have a more mature character design. The current one's has a more "updated" design. While I do, just like you, prefer the more mature design, I would not say the new design is bad.
Sep 20, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
Rest in Peace LoGH.

Sep 20, 2017 7:24 AM

May 2012
The CG looks good

Is this a remake ?!
Sep 20, 2017 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
The art's so shitty it's sad
I've been waiting for some time now and there's only one thing I like in this - battles might be good
But I'm worried they can reduce the role od politics

Sep 20, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
And it's even more gay than previous one.
Sep 20, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
While I have to admit that the trailer looks fairly decent (the space combat and the battleships look impressive), all characteristics from the characters' faces are gone. I do not even recognize Reinhard and Siegfried at all. Why does the modern anime industry insist on giving every character an identical, plastic face with no resemblances to individuality whatsoever?

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Sep 20, 2017 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
They seem to be using the manga's artstyle which is the worst thing they could do, everybody looks like a fujoshi blob or just like every character in every anime ever made.
Not too sure about the CG either. It will probably look dated pretty quickly (and even now it looks a little questionable, seems a little out of place next to these characters and the explosions look a little odd).

And it's only gonna be 12 episodes?
Meaning they're just making a fraction of something we already saw and with worse visuals? Unless it's somehow a completely different take on it then I don't see the point of this existing.
Sep 20, 2017 7:51 AM

Aug 2016
It's impossible to adapt just the first volume in 24 episoades. The old anime adapted the first two volumes in 26 episoades, so that would mean the pacing would be 2 times slower than the old one.
Sep 20, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2016
If hit or miss doesn't matter to me.

hit- I'm going to have fun

miss- salty fanboys

so it's going to be a win anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2017 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
Caciulacdlac said:
It's impossible to adapt just the first volume in 24 episoades. The old anime adapted the first two volumes in 26 episoades, so that would mean the pacing would be 2 times slower than the old one.

The TV Series is probably Vol 1 and the movies are for Vol 2. Reading the news does give the impression of TV Series+Movies to be for Vol 1 only, but it is probably a misunderstanding.

It would take 200 episodes to animate LoTGH. I doubt they are willing to do it.

AdrianRubinskySep 20, 2017 8:17 AM
Sep 20, 2017 8:06 AM

Feb 2014
Yang's voice sounds like it belongs on Dusty.

Kircheis looks like he's having a bad hair decade. Get the man some volumizers or a daily blowdry appointment stat.

So excited for this trainwreck. The originals were more than bad enough art and animation-wise but those ugly CG blobs and gakuen handsome chins bring strong competition. I wasn't a fan of the writing either and from the looks of it that's not gonna change much this time round.

JonasTheJay said:
This doesn't look half bad, to be honest. I hope this will actually be a complete adaptation of the novel.

They're going to adapt 2 or 3 books max and then let this die, provided it doesn't immediately burn up after this set of projects. I'm calling it.

Avi-nash said:
So will they be adapting 1 vol of the in all those movies and tv series..... i checked up on mal and its listed that novel has 10 vol.
I want to know if that old adaptation covers the whole source material....??
cuz if thats the case i might as well watch that one rather than endlessly waiting for an incomplete adaptation...

The old adaptation covers all the source material.
LemonSep 20, 2017 8:25 AM
Sep 20, 2017 8:15 AM

Feb 2014
Sazanami-Kai said:

I'm on the other end of the butthurt spectrum over the fact they didn't genderbend them all into moe lolis.
Sep 20, 2017 8:21 AM

May 2015
People are already losing their minds. Even though this looks perfectly fine.

Sep 20, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
-12 episodes + 3 movies of a series with over 100 initially

-Trying to go for the fujoshi market (that won't end well, Hetalia was bad enough, this may get even worse)

Disasterpiece. Sad, because the CG is actually decent on this.

-

Sep 20, 2017 8:26 AM

May 2014
Ahh, they got Miyano as Reinhard so now I can't not check it out.
I see what you're doing I.G...getting the character designer of KnB

I've been wanting to check out Legend of the Galactic Heroes for a while now- but call me shallow- I could not even get through the first episode because of how aged the art style is. Of course that's understandable because it was made in the '80s...but I couldn't hack it.
I think 2004 is my limit tbh. Anything older and I just can't get into it- I'm a real artsy fartsy perfectionist, and I like my anime to adhere to what I consider aesthetically pleasing. Of course LOTGH probably was in its day (and still may be to many), but compared to what I'm used too, it's not my cup of tea musically or visually.

So I'm glad this one got the Hunter x Hunter treatment.
It's only 12 episodes rn, so they're probably testing the waters to see how the reception is I guess.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2017 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
As the people on ANN are calling it, "Kuroko of the Galactic Basketball." :P

Sep 20, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
-12 episodes + 3 movies of a series with over 100 initially

-Trying to go for the fujoshi market (that won't end well, Hetalia was bad enough, this may get even worse)

Disasterpiece. Sad, because the CG is actually decent on this.

-

Well, the original adapted all 10 volumes in 110 eps. 11 eps for 1 volume.

The news imply that the new anime will only adapt the first volume, whether it's the first 12-eps only or along with the movies, that's already longer than the original one.

Sep 20, 2017 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
The lack of assurance shown by the way this is handled was already talked about. No idea what to say...

Oh yes, the chara-designs eyes are nice. (thin/stretched, rather than large and big like most things nowadays)

Because of the heads silhouette (chin, eyes positions, how large the part under the nose is, etc) ? XD
edit @Seiya Thanks. A single name would be a little weak to justify this appellation.

@ImAWeebUwU It's simply a new adaptation of the same novels, starting from the first tome. The announced movies and TV series will only cover the first novel though (what currently exists is an adaptation of the full novel series, and one of a novel side-series).
It's exactly like Shakespeare's Othello, who was adapted multiple times for the big screen since the cinematograph's invention. Same original text, variable degrees of badness or goodness.

@Fai It's a single novel that will be shown, you're joking right? -_-
Rei_IIISep 20, 2017 9:08 AM
Sep 20, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2011
Ginga bishounen, huh
Sep 20, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Is this like a sequel or a remake?
Sep 20, 2017 8:56 AM

Jun 2014
Rei366 said:
The lack of assurance shown by the way this is handled was already talked about. No idea what to say...

Oh yes, the chara-designs eyes are nice. (thin/stretched, rather than large and big like most things nowadays)

@Seiya Because of the heads silhouette (chin, eyes positions, how large the part under the nose is, etc) ? XD

That, and the fact that someone who worked on Kuroko no Basket's animation is also involved in this.

Sep 20, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
Shitty awful character designs lifted straight out of fujobait shows.
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

RIP LOGH remake. Who thought this was a good idea?

12 episodes

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? HOWDOYOUFITASHOWINTOTHATWHYWOULDYOUDOTHAT
AhenshihaelSep 20, 2017 9:01 AM
Sep 20, 2017 9:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lmao, didnt expect the Kuroko staff working on this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 20, 2017 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
Shitty awful character designs lifted straight out of fujobait shows.
Questionable animation.
Unfitting VAs

RIP LOGH remake. Who thought this was a good idea?

If it was made by Nintendo, you've love it though, wouldn't you? :P

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
13 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.