Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2017 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
Alis Color said:
We simply cannot see the world as it is. The world people see is nothing more than how our brains translate it. In other words, it’s subjective.

Your list most probably doesn't meet the standards of the majority of the fanbase but does that make you like those series any lesser than you do now, would you like to change your taste and try to get into something else instead? If no then you are just interacting with the wrong sort of people. Maybe try finding people who like the series you do instead of confirming whether your taste is really bad or not?
Jul 31, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2011
Recommended anime for you so your score may improve:
Chihayafuru
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Samurai Champloo (kind of a maybe here)
School Rumble
Polar Bear Cafe (kind of a maybe)
Tiger and Bunny
Love Live

If what you desire is respect? Add these to your list:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Angel's Egg
Project A-Ko
Otaku no Video
Mononoke Hime
Hourou Musuko
Ghost in the Shell
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Captain Harlock
Galaxy Express 999
Cowboy Bebop
Energetic-NovaJul 31, 2017 7:04 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 31, 2017 7:01 AM

Jun 2015
rsc-pl said:
Clannad, Little Busters and Steins;Gate in fav list, so nope.
Much better than elitists with only 80s and 90s series, or others with stadard set: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Texhnolyze, Ippo, Ergo Proxy, Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann etc.

You forgot: Lain, Tatama Galaxy, Ghost in the shell, AShita no joe etc
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 31, 2017 7:02 AM

Feb 2016
You have School Days in your favorites. That's enough to prove your patrician bloodline. Be proud of yourself, son!

just kidding, your taste is shite
school days is still good though
AquamirrorJul 31, 2017 9:07 AM
Jul 31, 2017 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Rotton-Girl said:
Recommended anime for you so your score may improve:
Chihayafuru
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Samurai Champloo
School Rumble
Polar Bear Cafe
Tiger and Bunny
Love Live

If what you desire is respect? Add these to your list:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Angel's Egg
Project A-Ko
Otaku no Video
Mononoke Hime
Hourou Musuko
Ghost in the Shell
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Captain Harlock
Galaxy Express 999
Cowboy Bebop

my desire is to destroy this society and cause enough destruction to show them all how fragile their justice really is. From this day forward… that’s my desire.

I want to destroy this society where trash like trump gets worshipped.

This will never happen so I'll just watch anime and imagine it.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 31, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2016
your taste is perfect

Fairy Tail rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end everyone has another taste so there is no "bad taste"
U like what U like
Jul 31, 2017 7:21 AM

May 2015
I can't load anime and manga lists on the cell but Steins;Gate and Rewrite as favorites... everyone has their share of shitaste ¯_(ツ)_/¯
It could be worse, you could have Madoka Magica.

Takamura-sama said:
rsc-pl said:
Much better than elitists with only 80s and 90s series, or others with stadard set: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Texhnolyze, Ippo, Ergo Proxy, Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann etc.

You forgot: Monster, Hyouge Mono, Jin-Rou, JoJo, Mononoke, Princess Tutu, Ping Pong The Animation, Gintama, Dash! Kappei, One Piece, GTO, Planetes.

AShita no Joe? Damn that hurt ╥﹏╥
zalJul 31, 2017 7:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 7:26 AM
Aug 2016
Everyone got their own preferences so, what you like is up to you. And you don't really need anyone's opinion on that matter.
Sep 2015
I dont think it's bad, It's ur taste not them,hater gonna hate! fuck em.

May 2016
Zapredon said:
Those who think you got bad taste or troll are elitist then.
wtf is elitist even mean now, stop forcing every stupid things to the concept of elitist.
Jul 31, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Oh, I'm sure it's not...

>Paprika a 1
>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu a 2

Okay that's pretty bad.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 31, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2013
so how many people need to say either yes or no before you decide if its bad or not?
Jul 31, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Don't really get the point of this thread but alright then.

I don't really care if your taste is bad or not (generously speaking), because I honestly wouldn't really give two fucks about that. As long as you ain't a fucking asshole towards other people or specifically me I won't be an asshole to you on that regard.

But pointing this out: Who cares? Like what you like and don't give two fucks what people say about it Lol. I mean I get shit for liking the stuff that I like and not liking what everyone likes, soooo... I just give a pffffttt. Kay :V
Jul 31, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2016
zal said:
I can't load anime and manga lists on the cell but Steins;Gate and Rewrite as favorites... everyone has their share of shitaste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Takamura-sama said:

You forgot: Monster, Hyouge Mono, Jin-Rou, JoJo, Mononoke, Princess Tutu, Ping Pong The Animation, Gintama, Dash! Kappei, One Piece, GTO, Planetes.
How the heck do Gintama and One Piece is running along with Mononoke, Tex and the other suppose "elitist" shows.
To contribute to the list: Shoujo kakumei Utena, Mawaru Penquindrum, FLCL.
Jul 31, 2017 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:

Not gonna lie I do like TTGL (for my own reasons though) but man I can agree with most of this (not saying its a bad thing to say I agree I don't mind people having these as their favorites, but its probably one of the most common combinations when it comes to favorites).
Jul 31, 2017 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Nobody's taste is ba... wtf. School Days!? D=
Jul 31, 2017 7:36 AM

May 2015
Cactii said:
zal said:
I can't load anime and manga lists on the cell but Steins;Gate and Rewrite as favorites... everyone has their share of shitaste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How the heck do Gintama and One Piece is running along with Mononoke, Tex and the other suppose "elitist" shows.
Any real elitist has at least one of the two in their favorites, if they don't they're just hacks trying to impress other kids on the internet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?

Compatibility -1.8%, I didn't even know it goes into negatives :O

Jun 2011
zal said:
Cactii said:
Any real elitist has at least one of the two in their favorites, if they don't they're just hacks trying to impress other kids on the internet.

I wish I wasn't lumped in with them. but alas. Liking Neon Genesis for the gay, will get me lumped in with them.
The anime community in a nutshell.

Feb 2016
Kuraokani said:
SuperRed said:
Compatibility: -4.4%

Yes, your taste is terrible, better fix that pronto.
Says the guy who has no 10/10 on his list. What are you, an elitist? Tsk tsk

So.
What's the problem with not having a 10? He probably just didn't find his 10/10 yet.
Jul 31, 2017 7:41 AM

Sep 2009
You're secretly a romantic <.< But yeah, it's kinda bad, though not horribly bad.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 31, 2017 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
Shit son, we have a 34.7% compatibility. I think that's the highest I've ever encountered. If yours is bad then mine is to; but I couldn't care less.
Jul 31, 2017 7:45 AM

May 2016
zal said:
Cactii said:
Dammit, this elitist story must has mystery as its genre, it has so much twists and turns that the plot twist itself already become a meme.

Jul 31, 2017 7:54 AM

May 2015
Rotton-Girl said:
zal said:

I wish I wasn't lumped in with them. but alas. Liking Neon Genesis for the gay, will get me lumped in with them.
Everyone likes Evangelion for the gay, at least you're honest about it.
Long gone are the days Evangelion was considered weeb stuff, now it's only for elitists. I wonder when SAO will make this step.

Cactii said:
zal said:
Dammit, this elitist story must has mystery as its genre, it has so much twists and turns that the plot twist itself already become a meme.

It was born as a meme then kids with taste issues took it seriously.
Jul 31, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2016
Pullman said:
Takamura-sama said:

No, not really.....

You're logic is off

I'm pretty sure it's your english that's off if you don't know the meaning of insecurity. That is literally what insecurity means, a lack of confidence in yourself, in your own judgments. In your case, your own taste/preferences. Requiring confirmation from others to feel at ease is a prime symptom for that.

But by all means keep lying to yourself while you beg for confirmation from random internet strangers. Pretty sure nobody else sees that as a sign of confidence aside from you, apparently.

The only alterntive is that you were baiting from the start. Were you?
He confidently asks people around to confirm his doubt rather than cowardly hide and change his opinion by every youtube video he watched just to match the crowds. He's not asking around so he could change to fit the crowd, It is just a confirmation of information.
Jul 31, 2017 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
Cactii said:
Pullman said:

I'm pretty sure it's your english that's off if you don't know the meaning of insecurity. That is literally what insecurity means, a lack of confidence in yourself, in your own judgments. In your case, your own taste/preferences. Requiring confirmation from others to feel at ease is a prime symptom for that.

But by all means keep lying to yourself while you beg for confirmation from random internet strangers. Pretty sure nobody else sees that as a sign of confidence aside from you, apparently.

The only alterntive is that you were baiting from the start. Were you?
He confidently asks people around to confirm his doubt rather than cowardly hide and change his opinion by every youtube video he watch just to match the crowd. He's not asking around so he could change to fit the crowd, It is just a confirmation of information.

^^^^^^^^^

I don't change my favorites or scores based on what people think.
I have my own taste and I am unique from others.

Jul 31, 2017 8:06 AM

May 2016
Wasshio said:
Don't really get the point of this thread but alright then.

I don't really care if your taste is bad or not (generously speaking), because I honestly wouldn't really give two fucks about that. As long as you ain't a fucking asshole towards other people or specifically me I won't be an asshole to you on that regard.
He's not asking if you care about his taste or not, but do you think his taste is bad or not.

But pointing this out: Who cares?
Yeah, who ca- wait
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

Like what you like and don't give two fucks what people say about it Lol.

He never said he won't like what he currently like, he just want to understand the viewpoint on his preference, is it a sin for a person to try to broaden his understanding or confirm his the information he got?
I mean I get shit for liking the stuff that I like and not liking what everyone likes, soooo... I just give a pffffttt. Kay :V
Congrats, you just established your ground when no one was asking for.
But regarding your ground
Wasshio said:
Who cares?
Jul 31, 2017 8:07 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Kuraokani

boy if you don't gtfoh with that "i don't want people to judge me" favorites list LOOOOOOOLLL

we have one favorite in common though
Jul 31, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Timeater said:
Takamura-sama said:

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?

Compatibility -1.8%, I didn't even know it goes into negatives :O

Okay, I'm too lazy to read the whole thing how this works. But: How?
We don't have something in common: 0%
Or: We have xx % in common?
How?

Btw. I have ca. 20 % in common with OP, but that doesn't include the scores.
Jul 31, 2017 8:43 AM

Sep 2016
Not really, but your confidence is. Also, the definition for the word insecurity:

lack of confidence or assurance; self-doubt (source: Dictionary.com)

From what I read in your previous posts, you reject this definition, which means you're either stupid or trolling. Confident people don't seek confirmation or validation.

zal said:
I can't load anime and manga lists on the cell but Steins;Gate and Rewrite as favorites... everyone has their share of shitaste ¯_(ツ)_/¯

That is a strange thing to say considering you rated Steins;Gate a 6 and Madoka Magica a 5. And it seems you have shit taste yourself if you think Neon Genesis Evangelion and Serial Experiments Lain are good.
Apoc_RevolutionJul 31, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 31, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
42.4% affinity, you're fine on my book.
Jul 31, 2017 8:56 AM
Aug 2016
Another thread about "taste".
Why are you doing this? Are you that anxious whether YOUR tastes are considered SUBJECTIVELY bad??????
Jul 31, 2017 8:58 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
A better question is why do people still care about what others say about their taste?

There is no such thing as bad taste. People only say that as a meme to others to trigger them.
Jul 31, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2017
Taste is subjective, so there isn't objectively good or bad taste.
That being said, your taste is VERY different from mine.
I'd have to ask what you liked so much about School Days and Fairy Tail
Jul 31, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2015
Apoc_Revolution said:
Not really, but your confidence is. Also, the definition for the word insecurity:

From what I read in your previous posts, you reject this definition, which means you're either stupid or trolling. Confident people don't seek confirmation or validation.

zal said:

That is a strange thing to say considering you rated Steins;Gate a 6 and Madoka Magica a 5. And it seems you have shit taste yourself if you think Neon Genesis Evangelion and Serial Experiments Lain are good.
It's not that I think they are good, they are good. What I think is that they are very good.
Jul 31, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2016
zal said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

It's not that I think they are good, they are good. What I think is that they are very good.

Sure, flawed anime that are not only boring to watch, but explain nothing to the viewer (entirety of Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion) are very good /s.

Jul 31, 2017 9:11 AM

Feb 2015
I mean it's not THAT BAD... The only thing I see there is Clannad... Now I won't say you shit taste but... That anime is shit
Jul 31, 2017 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Amanchu 2/10
K-On 4/10
Kizomonogatari 4/10
FLCL 5/10
Erased 9/10

Yes, it's terrible. And School Days is actually not bad.
Jul 31, 2017 9:18 AM

May 2015
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:

Sure, flawed anime that are not only boring to watch, but explain nothing to the viewer (entirety of Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion) are very good /s.

I didn't say they are very good but that I think they are. What does you finding them boring have anything to do with them being good?
Serial experiments lain even says too much.
I guess you prefer more tell not show type of anime like Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass and Monster.

If you don't get it doesn't mean they don't explain the pertinent stuff.
Jul 31, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
Gluzin said:
Amanchu 2/10
K-On 4/10
Kizomonogatari 4/10
FLCL 5/10
Erased 9/10

Yes, it's terrible. And School Days is actually not bad.

Lol since when is flcl a 5? It gets a 3 from me lmao bitchass bad anime
Jul 31, 2017 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
The only Anime you have straight up dropped is Toradora. You are okay in my book.
Jul 31, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
@Kuraokani

boy if you don't gtfoh with that "i don't want people to judge me" favorites list LOOOOOOOLLL

U good taste my bro.

U good ass ugly looking face has good taste
Jul 31, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:

26 episodes, half a movie and you still have no idea what Human Instrumentality Project is about? Come on dude.
Jul 31, 2017 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Affinity 49.4%

So i guess your taste isnt so much different than mine. The only weird things are that u gave fairy tail a 10/10 and highschool DxD/ SaO a 9/10.
As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", everybody has their own taste.
Jul 31, 2017 9:34 AM
Dec 2015
I certainly have some major disagreements with some of your scores, but I assume you can back your scores up well enough. Anime is subjective, but people are assholes sometimes. If they question your or make fun of you, back up your stance.
Jul 31, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2016
zal said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

I didn't say they are very good but that I think they are. What does you finding them boring have anything to do with them being good?
I guess you prefer more tell not show type of anime like Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass and Monster.

Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.

Jul 31, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2016
Aquamirror said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

26 episodes, half a movie and you still have no idea what Human Instrumentality Project is about? Come on dude.

Where did I write that I didn't understand NGE's plot? I specifically wrote "the second half of End of Evangelion." You should read better.

Jul 31, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:

[i][color=#800080]Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.
What does whether you enjoy it or not has anything to do with Zal's perception of it being good? Does your soul link with him? why do think "everyone" enjoy SEL or NGE after doing a research on what it means? in the first place what make you think the show requires people to do research just to understand it?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.[/color][/i]
Hey, I respect it if you don't understand the show and dislike it, but why do you assume everyone else also don't understand the show just like you?
CactiiJul 31, 2017 10:20 AM
Jul 31, 2017 10:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Takamura-sama said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
@Kuraokani

U good taste my bro.

i need the english version of w/e you just said
Jul 31, 2017 10:23 AM

May 2016
EcchiKingMamster said:
Takamura-sama said:

U good taste my bro.

i need the english version of w/e you just said
You have a good taste despite having a good-ass-ugly-looking face.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 3 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

112 by BitChilly »»
37 seconds ago

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - May 13

25 by Old_School_Akira »»
9 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny? ( 1 2 )

Ri-KoRin - May 21

55 by Ri-KoRin »»
46 minutes ago

» Does Old Anime age poorly or do people age poorly?

Dragevard - Today

29 by Nekosawrus »»
53 minutes ago

» Will AI help reduce "crunch time" in the anime industry?

GoatPieceLuffy - Today

26 by mo_lave »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.