Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2017 11:59 AM

Feb 2016
Literally this episode:

> Hey bro look at that note.
> Mmmmmm... nice note, it smells good.
> IKR This note is amazing!
> Hey check this out!!!!
> OMG WTF GUYS this note stinks bad!!!!
> Huh? You call this bad?? wtf bro
> STFU casual plebs wtf are you doing, this is not fucking SAO hentai get your heads out of you ass and write a good story
> BUT THE STORY IS GOOD LOOK AT THIS WHITEBOARD HMMM???
> *sniff* yeah, this is bad
> HEY you calling this bad? Take a look at these notes??
> Oh yah these notes a terrible too, I'm out btfo
> Fucking elitist shitstain, always ruining anime
> Wtf I agree dude, this note smells absolutely beautiful
> ...
> Alright I CAME BACK, THIS NOTE SMELLS TERRIBLE but look at this scribble...
> OMG THE HOLY SCRIBBLE OF GOD YOU FOUND THE SCRIBBLE OMG OMG I CAN'T TELL YOU how good it smells now
> Pfff pleb the only thing your shitty story had was the big breasted girl, I circled that cuz it sells good
> AAAH OPPAI WILL SAVE THE WORLD I AGREE
> OMG NOW I UNDERSTAND.. I totally agree with you dude, you are awesome we are gonna save the world now
> IKR you shitstains put more *PLOT* on that hentai and people gonna eat that crap like friggin hot chocolate I guarantee it
> DUUDE I knew you were awesome!!!! *claps*
> I know Souta faps to good hentai, gonna ask for suggestions

> ...
> OH SOTA WTF IS THIS TENTACLE SHIT
> I'm sorry guys, I only watch this kind of hentai but I know this is good stuff and people gonna like it
> HMMMM YOu sound like a pro, I totally believe you
> ALRIGHT GUYS we got the story MOVE ON AND LETS SUICIDE MAKING THIS DAMN HENTAI crap!!!!!1
> I knew you plebs cater to degenerates but I'm with you anyway so give me money and I'm writting that character

> THE END wait for next week to know what kind of cups the new pink girl with absolutely obnoxious character design wears?? ;)
> Btw don't forget the spoilers in the OP we put cuz we need to get you hyped for the last episode where everything will get solved by one random shit asspull in the last 5 minutes
> OMG GREATEST ANIME EVER SO DEEP I LOVE JAPAN INDUSTRY NOW!!!

/cringe
AquamirrorJul 8, 2017 12:03 PM
Jul 8, 2017 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
jakkubus said:
Terrible episode. It feels like a pretty good action anime is being replaced by a shitty series about anime industry. Shame.

Gee, I wonder what a title called Re:Creator's premise will be about.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 8, 2017 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
OP and ED are okay. Not as good as the 1st ones though. Especially the 1st OP was a lot better. Pacing is a bit slow. Episode was better than the last one (recap) still a bit boring in the middle.

I liked Kikuchihara at the beginning and at the end when the other guy that left came back and gave advise. + "Metchin" with sword guy walking and new girl at the end (seems cute maybe some magical girl type as well).
Jul 8, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2016
>inb4 new Creation girl ends up suffering like poor Mamika

Jul 8, 2017 12:57 PM
Mar 2016
Ok, so the plan was to eliminate Altair, so what about her other lackeys and that black school uniform girl?

Ok, so in the opening alone we see a bandana guy, so does anybody saw a school girl there, with a guy, you think she's Mamika's replacement?
Jul 8, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
^^ i hope not
New girl seems like best girl so far. I'd say she is from some Visual Novel. That scene of her kissing the protagonist(?) in the opening seems like a CG from a VN.

also what happened to the MC of Selesia's opening? I'm pretty sure that should have been him in ep 12(?). I didn't see him in the opening.
Jul 8, 2017 12:59 PM
Apr 2013
So the original character Souta is going to create, it's not a Shimazaki clone, is it? That would be such a cheap shot at Altair lol
Jul 8, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is low-key making fun of the anime industry I swear. Like that one line: "I'm telling everyone to die" just sold it. But yeah, new OP is good, that ED has a sequence that breaks the 4th wall with the visuals, and to basically set up a brief summary of the events in this episode: Essentially the idea is making a multiverse battle scenario to defeat Altair. Oh boy.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 8, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2015
Not gonna lie, this episode was pretty boring imo. The new op is nice tho

No best girl in this episode tho feels bad man
Jul 8, 2017 1:13 PM
Jul 2016
Charon not being in the OP is kinda suspicious, I'd bet they'd Evolving Credits but Bandana Stand Guy is already in it so...

So, Mamika is dead for real, what exactly was the point of her death again? I mean from a narrative point of view, all it did was create miscommunication and make Alice attack The Good Guys.
Jul 8, 2017 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
New girl in a school uniform.. Detected readings that indicate giant robot.. Other new guy does not have a giant robot... Muv-Luv/Alternative or Bokurano homage maybe? XD

Also, I think my personal theory on who gets pulled out of fiction and which team they end up on may be correct.. Ep 11 gave us some brief glances at the galleries for Sota and Setsuna, badly pixelated though they may be.

Also, the beginning of Ep1 actually shows every single Creation who's popped up.

I could swear that I remember seeing a pair shot of a boy and girl in green school uniforms, but don't really want to rewatch from the beginning to confirm.. Anyone else happen to know if it really did show up?
deadman80Jul 8, 2017 3:07 PM
Jul 8, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
As a indie artist, I feel so much for Marine, despite I'm kind of way "indie underground". Seeing the creators scrabble and coming up with a story idea somehow interests me, even though I know right now there will be not a lot of action at this stage.

Ppfftt... I can't wait till I see Sota's character! Seeing the cig burn so much means Sota had given them a essay level of "heres my original character idea!". I can't wait but also hoping the design is not as nuts as Altair's. xD

And oh boy! A new recruit! I forgot her name, but she seems to be the "kawaii moeblob Mamika replacement" and I want to hug her!

With new characters coming out, this will make this massive crossover project really complicated... Some of the creators aren't even ready to meet their other main creations.. I think.

New OP and ED is LIT!

ShishoEO said:

So, Mamika is dead for real, what exactly was the point of her death again? I mean from a narrative point of view, all it did was create miscommunication and make Alice attack The Good Guys.

With a real life funeral for her set, I think its planned from the start. As someone who LOVES Mamika but is pretty sane about Re:Creators, my only guess is that she will be a huge development key for Aliceteria, which she's not my fave, BUT she has potential for meta-levels of development. (I mean she let go of her creator! Back then she wouldn't let him!) Mamika may be gone but she's a development key to the cast, including Sota. (Plus how is the anime going to show how a Creation die? I am still waiting if her own show is drastically affected, or is it because of Altair's "recreation" ability the Creations are like "Copypaste" actors, meaning a Mamika is still exist in her show/world...
timerrabbitJul 8, 2017 1:24 PM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 8, 2017 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
This "new guy" is main hero from Exclusive Underground.

Elimination Chamber Festival:

Selesia Upitiria
Meteora Österreich
Yūya Mirokuji
Rui Kanoya
Hikari Hoshikawa
"unknown character" writed by Souta

vs

Altair
Alicetaria February
Blitz Talker
Mamika Kirameki (deceased)
Charon
Syo Hakua
Gerard546Jul 8, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 8, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
Enjoyed the new OP especially the visuals, didn't care for the ED.

Poor Marine though, she's slowly becoming more loveable. I was kind of mad at Suruga at first, but i quickly realized she's a genius and is probably oblivious to how others feel. Then again, she called out Yatouji for being a tsundere. Also found it funny how Yatouji, who writes a shounen manga called Masaaki's stories childish.
Jul 8, 2017 1:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good episode. Every author basically is trying to get along once everything is planned. Sota now wants to be part of the story which makes sense. New girl looks cute too but regardless YOU CAN NEVER REPLACE MAMIKA.

Also am digging the new cutesy ED.
Jul 8, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
At first I thought the new creation was a high school age Mamika, but their eyes and hair ribbons have different colors. She also kind of seems like a wimp, while Mamika was merely more quixotic than anything.

I wonder if any writers and artists out there were able to relate to the main conflict of this episode on a personal level. Marine's struggles were probably the most poignant, and it served as a nice contrast to how Souta handled his frustrations regarding Setsuna's superior skills.
Jul 8, 2017 1:47 PM
Jul 2012
That new OP is amazing and the new ED is really cute af!

Altair looks so emotiinal and cute on the OP and makes me want to hug her!

I wonder why Charon isn't on the OP at all, also Mamika is nowhere in the OP or the ED...

Now I am really curious to see what Sota is going to create and also super curious about the new girl, she looks so cute and the fact that she looks like a romcom character makes me even more curious! Also, she doesn't look like Mamika imo, but looks like a potential best girl.
Jul 8, 2017 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
So many things to discus: Lets hope they dont fck things up
Jul 8, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
Whole episode is like really long prologue for the colloseum , now that details are all out hope that action will kick in from the next episode.

Loved the scenes with ugly tsundere guy and last parts with kanoya lolicon kun.

The detail that was best in whole episode is that they are really strict when it comes too logic behind whole acceptance thing, like they can feel the pulse of the crowd before they even start testing demo of concept. Also by limiting the posibility of the ways that altair can or should be defeated, ie cutting the most 1 sided ridiculus outcomes, it gives this series quite a bit of credibility that was lost before due too inconsistent dialogue/decisions in previous battles . Like they are trying too not end up things in manner that will leave mark as over the top anime.
ExowaveJul 8, 2017 2:17 PM
Jul 8, 2017 2:39 PM
Jul 2014
darksidemlz said:
ZzLow96 said:
so i guess 2 new character being intro based on the OP ?

There's Still Charon, but i wonder why they don't put him on the op or ed, probably he will got small screen time
And from the ending song, Pink Hair Girl (Wait Mamika?) Will Joining Sota side while Bandana Guy will joining Altair Side

We have at least four known characters so far:

- pink haired girl
- person with a "power-loader" (Rui's love interest)?
- Charon
- Syo

Then we also have a fifth, which is Souta's character.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Altair's powers are unstable, she could have misfired when bringing that "romcom" girl. And remember - fantasy slice of life.
I have a feeling that Souta proposed including Shimazaki or someone based on her in the final battle with Altair, so that she can even face... well, herself when the time comes.
As to both opening sequences, they end in a desolated lands with allusions to Souta moving on with life, despite what happened (the desolation) and Altair (or what I believe is a wrathful part of Shimazaki (check the BRAVE THE OCEAN SONG)), as Altair "get in terms with "herself", finds inner peace amongst the very same desolated land.

He could well have done that, but he could well be adding his own character.

For me, this episode was actually worse than the recap preceding it. Sure, world-building is good, but this seemed a bit over the top. It felt like filler, and the only two notable events we had happen were a) Souta's involvement and b) the appearance of a new character.

I honestly found the OP to be more interesting than the actual episode itself.
Jul 8, 2017 2:43 PM

Sep 2016
ok let me guess from now, souta creation will be the deus ex machina button who solves everything in an instant at the climax just like in dragon ball super and seikasuru kado. I know that this will 100% happen.

quote me in few months.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 8, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty slow episode reminded me a bit or Shirobako?

Probably not the best episode but the new OP and ED were fantastic.

People need to have more patience, you don't need explosions/fights every week, there's an effort to develop a story and set up here.

Its all coming together nicely for a big showdown
Jul 8, 2017 2:56 PM

May 2015
Good thing the full OP already got released. I absolutely love it just like the first OP. ED was decent, visually had some cute chibis, lol.

Decent episode. Seems like they're taking their time on build-up. Also, cute girl appeared!

Jul 8, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2016
I'm getting quite worried about the pace for some reason:

One: The characters development is currently on-going at the moment.

Two: The show stays to be average and the viewers were boredom at the same time, and in which it convinced them to drop it.

Although this show kept me going without thinking about dropping it, the plot was okay but it does seems like it's aiming for younger viewers that they're not going stop watching and they have sense of familiar on the other shows are similar to this. Think about the adults and mature viewers, it does feel quite harsh that they've got no ideas what the show is REALLY all about.

In my impression to this episode 14, I would give this 3.5/5: The pacing is still AMBITIOUSLY SLOW

Jul 8, 2017 3:02 PM

Jan 2016
Tokoya said:
That moment when you realize that you spent 30 mins just watching the OP instead of the episode lol....Why is this so PERFECT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO ME. Although I have already memorized the opening after listening to this for 2 weeks before it made it's anime debut! IT'S SO FKN GOOD
Jul 8, 2017 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
I have to admit, the prospect of having the world saved by anime writers and mangakas sounds completely ridiculous, but the series does it in such self aware way it ends being kind of cool (which is probably the intention of the writers, probably).

I liked how Mirokuji's creator ended actually helping his partners and revealed to be a nice guy when he looked like an asshole who would hinder the others judging by his previous appearence.
The new creation looks cute, but I don't know how she is going to help the others, considering she looks like a character from a shoujo/romance story without any power.

Btw, now that some people have mentioned Mamika here, comparing her with the new creation, is actually kinda sad to not see any reference to her in the OP/ED (well, I think there is an sketch of her in the ending, but just that), is like if she was literally erased from the series. Kinda sad.
Jul 8, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty sure that the new girl is:

Hoshigawa/Hoshikawa Hikayu (夏川 ひかゆ) , CV: Natsukawa Shiina (夏川 椎菜)

Only new name in the credits.
deadman80Jul 8, 2017 3:49 PM
Jul 8, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
New OP is alright , but nothing special in my opinion, the new ED was unacceptable , the one before it with Altir was way better , epo was at least better then the last one
Jul 8, 2017 4:35 PM

Mar 2014
Sees no Mamika in the new OP
>>> Me instantly triggered
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 8, 2017 5:46 PM

Dec 2016
I thought the new opening and ending were alright.

I'm really looking forward to see how the story turn out, it's going to be a lot of hard work, it's understandable that there will be a lot of tension in the work place.

Already found a new character, and looks like there is another 1 to come eventually.
Jul 8, 2017 6:16 PM

Aug 2015
I’m going with Charon is really the Vogelchevalier? The new ED shows Selesia riding on the robot, but no sign of Charon. On the other hand, it also shows something that looks like a robot centaur – that could be the robot they refer to.

I’m also still betting that Sota’s character is going to be Shirotsumekusa, the character Setsuna created and Altair is based on.
Jul 8, 2017 6:27 PM

Sep 2013
3/5- Creators usually have a huge ego so I expected some of them to clash a little. Especially if they are going to mash their own views and story styles together.

I like the new op a lot! Not sure if I like it more than the last but time will tell. The new ED is awesome though. I LOVE seeing chibi versions on characters who you normally wont see drawn like that. The song is pretty good too.

Judging from the opening video, we get two new characters in this cour. One female who appears at the end of the episode and some other guy. Looking at the ED, it looks like she's going to join Selesia's team.

New girl is kinda cute too.

Jul 8, 2017 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
-> Altair becomes a good guy (girl)
-> Magane kills Altair, as she tries to redeem herself, and becomes the main villain

I stand with this!

GangsterCat said:
ok let me guess from now, souta creation will be the deus ex machina button who solves everything in an instant at the climax just like in dragon ball super and seikasuru kado. I know that this will 100% happen.

quote me in few months.

My opinion on the matter:

Altair is an empty shell. She feels... well, empty. Sota's creation will help her (after a huge clash) to move on (or to fill that void).

(...then, at that point, Magane kills Altair when she has her guard down!)
FrozenSheepJul 8, 2017 6:58 PM

Jul 8, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2016
Well the whole argument thing is boring for me but It's still an important part of the story.. and a new character is introduced. I hope she'll be their ally and not as stupid as Alicetalia. Please we only need 1 annoying character :X

Edit : oh and I remember that Altair brought the guy from Selesia's story but he didn't have a screentime anywhere XD not even in the OP lol

I'm not really a fan of Sawano Hiroyuki so the OP is so so for me. But the ED is good :)
RyouHayatoJul 8, 2017 6:44 PM
Jul 8, 2017 7:20 PM
Jul 2014
This ep reminded me a bit of Shirobako with all the creators clashing over artistic direction. That's a good thing.

At least they gave us a different sort of infodump this time :P
Jul 8, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
I for one think this is a great episode. I guess some people just want senseless fight.

Jul 8, 2017 7:41 PM

Jan 2014
The ED reminded me of Shirobako lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 8, 2017 7:45 PM

Feb 2017
The new opening is extremely good. The new ending is too meta (and that it's exactly what we need in a story like this one), but with enough kawaii thanks to those chibis.

The story is moving forward and a new character is presented. She seems to come from a romcom, but doesn't she need some kind of powers to fight back Altair? It also showed how difficult it is to work in collaboration with other artist/writers, especially is they have different world views and work on different media with different styles. I think it is super important to acknowledge the work artists, writers, and animators have in the creation of anime and manga (and it is actually hilarious how the people behind Re:Creators project themselves on this show).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the other creation and Charon (why wasn't Charon in either the OP nor the ED?).

Jul 8, 2017 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
Sorry, but what "meta" means? I am not familiar with such expression.
Jul 8, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2015
New OP is good, but the first one is better. New ED is good too. A plan to take down Altair is in motion. Sota wanting to create an original character is interesting. New character appeared at the end.
Jul 8, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2009
I knew Mamika was still alive.
Jul 8, 2017 10:02 PM
Sep 2016
Aww, no Mamika in the op :(

Jul 8, 2017 10:10 PM
Apr 2017
jakkubus said:
Terrible episode. It feels like a pretty good action anime is being replaced by a shitty series about anime industry. Shame.

thats called building the pace dude, maybe there will be season 2
Jul 8, 2017 10:13 PM
Apr 2017
ToskiHero said:
>inb4 new Creation girl ends up suffering like poor Mamika

someone said on reddit, maybe she is ride a giant robot or something like that
Jul 8, 2017 11:32 PM

May 2017
Really hope they don't make a Shimazaki based.. look alike character to mind break? Altair.. :S

And New girl might be Alicetaria's new fling with Mamika out of the picture, Who knows maybe she might make it this time to save her from unfortunate events o.O
VazrinJul 8, 2017 11:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 11:38 PM

May 2012
LelouchXLuluko said:
darksidemlz said:

There's Still Charon, but i wonder why they don't put him on the op or ed, probably he will got small screen time
And from the ending song, Pink Hair Girl (Wait Mamika?) Will Joining Sota side while Bandana Guy will joining Altair Side

I know this might sound outlandish, but i think he is the robot that Selesia was piloting in the first episode.

yeah i was wondering about that too. they were some sort of partner in their series, right? and I was like, if she dont have her mecha here, why matsubara them all cant just create a new one for here, but it makes more sense if charon is the mecha
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 8, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting to see the creators come together to make a crossover. Such a roundabout way of defeating Altair.
Jul 9, 2017 12:04 AM

Dec 2013
I'm really liking the new opening but overall boring episode.
Jul 9, 2017 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
I liked how the show acknowledges the fact that the demands of audience/fans make their lives difficult. (^.^') Regardless, I really do not get the hate for this show. Is it misplaced expectations? A lack of understanding of what the show is trying to achieve? Does an annoying character necessarily mean that they are a bad character? I don't think so.

For me, the ideas and concepts it deals with are simply fascinating and thought-provoking and to me, the discussions are just as riveting as the action scenes, if not more so. It really captures the zeitgeist of the anime industry and the nature of fictional characters, narratives and content creation. Especially because the characters are all original creations, the amount of detail that they've put into their backstories to encapsulate and replicate popular genres has been really impressive. The internal logic is consistent and they were able to weave a pretty compelling narrative that functions as not only a critique of but as a love letter to both the creators and the fans.

So, looking forward to the rest of the series with much anticipation. (^.^)
Jul 9, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2014
*shaking head* that what i doing when listening the new opening XD

Well, this is my conclusion after seeing this episode:
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.