Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2017 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP song!
I think the first one is better although this one has more action packed scenes in it.

More analysis of Altair this episode...not that I'm surprised by at this point. I'm hoping the story picks up the pacing a bit soon. For what's worth, we're probbly going to have Meteora and the others put their plan into motion to stop Altair. There's also a drawing of Blitz and I do expect him to have a more active role in this second cour. New ED theme song is cute lol
Stark700Jul 8, 2017 7:56 AM
Jul 8, 2017 7:56 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Nice OP and ED song, I am a bit worried about the pacing of this show is average. Also, we changed from a room to another, from a conference room into an office. If the continue in this way the story will get a bit boring because they continue giving lots of information without a fluent motion.

And a new char was introduced in the last 3 seconds.

Jul 8, 2017 8:06 AM
Apr 2017
The Pace Is Still Slow
I'm afraid this will not finish in just 1 season, only 8 Episode left and They still in character development.
I got a feeling between episode 16 or 17 maybe the pace is packing up again
Looking from Opening i guess Sota will got less screen time in second cour
darksidemlzJul 8, 2017 8:49 AM
Jul 8, 2017 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
darksidemlz said:

So god really exists
Jul 8, 2017 8:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
darksidemlz said:

So god really exists
Lmao, come on man, he's starting to get a lot less annoying xD
Jul 8, 2017 8:34 AM

Mar 2008
Infighting was inevitable with their plan. I wonder why they cut out Sota's idea. Now cue Magane to come in and screw it up. Her powers could easily do so.
Jul 8, 2017 8:37 AM
Apr 2016
so i guess 2 new character being intro based on the OP ?
Jul 8, 2017 8:41 AM
Apr 2017
ZzLow96 said:

There's Still Charon, but i wonder why they don't put him on the op or ed, probably he will got small screen time
And from the ending song, Pink Hair Girl (Wait Mamika?) Will Joining Sota side while Bandana Guy will joining Altair Side
Jul 8, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Looks like the big master plan is finally in motion.

A little falling out among our writers but everything worked out at the end though.

Sota is gonna create an original character for the story I guess?
New character at the end. :o
Jul 8, 2017 8:46 AM
Apr 2016
well its another new ED song ... so ep13 ED only being used once? btw this ED is cute haha
Jul 8, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2016
Oh new opening, great, but dunno which I prefer more, this or the first one.

Episode was ok, even if a little slow, but I don't necessarily see it as something negative at this point, I mean we still got 8 episodes left. And if let's say 5 out of them are packed with action I won't complain. Sometimes a bit build up in advance makes things a lot better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 8, 2017 8:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That moment when you realize that you spent 30 mins just watching the OP instead of the episode lol....Why is this so PERFECT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 8, 2017 8:50 AM
May 2015
There was another new character in the OP, but I guess we only get to meet the first one for now.

This was an average ep, i just skipped through but.
Jul 8, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2010
The new Pink Haired girl kind of looks like she's from a Slice of Life series, but I also feel like she might be Mamika's spiritual successor, considering they introduce her helping a small child and being a generally kind hearted, (And Probably Naive.) Individual.

Also both the new ED and OP are awesome!
Jul 8, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, aside from the new OP. We get to see the "real" blunt Kikuchichara in that Briefing. The Authority Woman.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 8, 2017 9:05 AM

Oct 2016
"I'm telling everyone to die"

Was that from Saekano?
Jul 8, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
The new OP is lit!! I was kinda skeptical at first but after listening to it a couple more times I liked it!

The episode had some nice buildup, I think it's natural that when you get creators who's works are vastly different from each other, conflict will arise. It's nice that they worked it out at the end though. I'm also thinking that Souta's character will play an important role in the upcoming battle.

Lastly, I'm curious about the 2 new characters, I'm thinking that the guy won't be on the 'good' side since in the OP it was shown that he lost someone special to him, and he might want revenge for that from his Creator.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 8, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Every creator is different and now souta wants to make something too.
Jul 8, 2017 9:18 AM

May 2015
ZaregotoJul 8, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 8, 2017 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
The new OP is so good. Listened to it three times.

So Sota will create an original character. It will be interesting to find out what sort of character he will create. I'm starting to see Sota's character development.

So the big plan is in motion. I'm curious to see Altair's countermeasure to this plan.

Jul 8, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2016
Great episode. I love it.. So we have a new OP ..was good, but i liked more the first one ..
From the op it seems will be more new characters..can't wait <3
The ending was so great, i love it :)
The new girl remembers me of Mamika T_T
I wonder why i feel so sad when i see this (╥﹏╥)

Jul 8, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
The episode looks really simple if you summarize in a certain way. But there is more to get going into possibly later in the future.
Jul 8, 2017 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not against slow pacing, info dump or adding new characters... but I'm afraid this slow pacing will lead to a rushed ending with just a few episodes left.

Jul 8, 2017 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was boring as hell
Jul 8, 2017 9:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Interesting new Op and ED with a little too slow paced but great nonetheless. A couple of characters were shown in the new Op so hopefully that will be covered as fast as possible before it's too late. By now, I'm already expecting a rushed ending but hopefully the anime will quicken a touch up from next week. Anyways, the new character seems to be a part of the good team, as suggested by the ED, so that's also nice to see. Her introduction, though, was truly something noteworthy and fascinating lol. Well, on the other hand, I'm curious as to see how Altair reacts to this devious plan to knock her out and hopefully we will get a tensed confrontation...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 8, 2017 9:38 AM

Oct 2008
sh0ut has me so hyped for the second cour.

I think i'll like the new girl, kinda need someone cheery and positive in the main cast. They probably need to rope in 2 more writers now into the project.

idk I thought this episode was pretty good build-up for what's to come. I think the pacing is fine. Can't wait to see how this elimination chamber thing turns out.

Honestly dreading when Charon reveals himself though, I wish they didn't do that because I feel bad for Selesia.
Jul 8, 2017 9:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Love how the new ED essentially broke the 4th wall xD

As for the episode, I felt jealous of everyone because this seems like something that would be so fun to be apart of and I wish that I could have been there to experience it all

It's pretty nice to see all these people and studios working together all for the sake of doing this event which is something that I would LOVE to see happen IRL (Kinda hoping that this inspires studios and writers in Japan to do this one day)

Lastly, it's interesting how Sota is gonna make his own character and I must say that I am excited to see what it's gonna be but as for the new characters, I feel like there's gonna be 1 or 2 more new ones since we only saw that one new boy character (I think he's the friend of the dude with the stand from his story - we saw he had a stand too) and the female character that appeared at the end (Probably gonna ship her with the mecha kid but Idek if she has powers since it looks like she's from a romance series)

Then there's the fact that the main lead of Selesia's series was absent too (How bout that mecha that she's gonna be riding tho) and thus, that's why I feel like there's definitely 1 or 2 more new characters coming.....Altair's team is pretty lacking since Magane is going solo and I'm almost certain that Alice will do the same or join Meteora and the rest of the team, so she's gonna need some backup

And did I mention how GOAT the new OP is? Lol
Jul 8, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2017
Surugu a waifu, adding her to the poll now
Jul 8, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
I was hoping for a bit of action this time around too, since we had a recap last week (albeit a very... Unique one.)

But I personally appreciate the effort that goes into world building in this anime. Especially given that there's no source material as of yet for this series, and the whole "bird-cage" thing is a little messy IMHO, I think explaining some technicalities and logic of the story early on before the climax helps to avoid scenarios that not only confound, but possibly get rejected by us viewers simply because the anime never explains the logic behind how things...

And I just realised that my comment sounds similar to the gist of today's episode.

Meta-ness aside, I'm particularly intrigued by the uncharacteristic portrayal of Altair in the OP. She is not the collected, chuunibyou lady we're familiar with, but seems increasingly emotional instead. Sota also mentions about making an OC "that looks like the Altair that she (pretty sure its Setsuna) created" to Matsubara. Given that Altair is affected by fan creations, maybe the "original portrayal" of Altair by Sota is what causes her to change in personality?

And with the new Creations coming in, I look forward to more interesting character dynamics being formed too. Especially for Charon and Yuuya's rival, being on Altair's side and fighting familiar faces doesn't bode well for our heroes.
Jul 8, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
darksidemlz said:
ZzLow96 said:

There's Still Charon, but i wonder why they don't put him on the op or ed, probably he will got small screen time
And from the ending song, Pink Hair Girl (Wait Mamika?) Will Joining Sota side while Bandana Guy will joining Altair Side

I know this might sound outlandish, but i think he is the robot that Selesia was piloting in the first episode.
Jul 8, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
Based on what I have gathered in the OP and the ending, the new girl seems like the romcom type, I'm not sure what impact she will have on this show, but if my assumption is correct, then she will be useless in combat.
Jul 8, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
MetaThPr4h said:
This episode was boring as hell
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Jul 8, 2017 10:24 AM
Nov 2012
What's unfortunate is that this show has so much dialogue and the writers just aren't up to it.

Pity Hiroe Rei wasn't more involved.
Jul 8, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2016
Also, since a lot of people (not just here, but on other discussion sites) seem to have a bone to pick with world building episodes and/or concerned about the pacing of the series, I'd like to bring up a few points.

Firstly, now that we've gotten Sota's past out of the way, it doesn't seem like he's going to be bumbling around this cour and slowing things down because of his hesitation. In fact, his declaration to Matsubara and resolve in it seem to signal some kind of maturity and development at the very least.

Next, I'd like to compare this anime to Fate/Zero, which is a little similar. Fate/Zero had the privilege of not only being a series with source material, but the 40 minute first episode that served as world building. I think Re:Creators couldn't have done that for their first episode, as it would likely have not attracted anyone considering that it's an original anime with no renowned brand & source material to bank on. So working the world building within the remaining 20-odd episodes is the next best alternative.

Lastly, like in my previous post, a story like Re:Creators can get very technical at times, so clarifying the logic behind how things will go helps avoid a scenario where us viewers get confounded over certain story elements that need explanation to appreciate.

So yeah. As much as world building is a pain in the neck, I think it's necessary. Of course, I do hope that it's better spread out this time as compared to the first cour, where it was concentrated into a chunk of episodes and turned a lot of people off. But I wish that viewers would see the bigger picture behind having to develop the plot in this way.
Jul 8, 2017 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
well the first op and ed was obviously better...I hope we get to see Mamika again
Jul 8, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
LelouchXLuluko said:
Based on what I have gathered in the OP and the ending, the new girl seems like the romcom type, I'm not sure what impact she will have on this show, but if my assumption is correct, then she will be useless in combat.

I have this crazy theory that she'll become the counter to Magane, whose powers are based on wordplay. Like, Magane doesn't have a mech or powerful weapon, but she can twist reality using crafty speech and has definitely caused much more carnage than the other Creations so far. This ordinary new girl could possible have something unexpected in her that could match up that.
Jul 8, 2017 10:37 AM
Jan 2017
If this show does something right, it's the character development. While not lacking in the action department, the show makes it clear that it's the characters themselves what make it so special. The Creators scramble to make a crossover story to defeat Altair but it's no easy task, as they all have different ideas on how the story should proceed. The episode offers valid points as to how Creators can't just do whatever they want with their characters and stories: viewers grow to care about them and will get mad if something doesn't go the way the want, for good or ill. At the same time, characters and stories must change and evolve in a way that challenges the viewers and pushes them outside their comfort zone in a positive manner. I enjoyed that Souta decides to regain his lost passion and go back to create, showing that his character development is for the best. At the same time, I'm interested to see how the new girl will fare in the show. Overall, I'm glad the show didn't back itself up into a corner and is still going strong.
Jul 8, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
New OP and ED are pretty good, I might need to hear the OP a few more times but I think I'll like it.

Their plan sounds complicated as hell but they'll definitely pull it off (I mean, they kind of have to or else using a couple of episodes to explain the details would have been a waste of time). It's not surprising that the creators were arguing with each other, a situation like this will obviously result in creative differences.

Sota seems like he's going to become more useful in this cour, so hopefully he's not all talk right now. We got introduced to a new character in the final seconds, but I agree that she might not be useful since she looks like she's from a romcom. Someone above mentioned the possibility of her having a power like Magane, so that would be kind of cool. I also can't wait to see the formal introduction of the guy with the bandana, he looks cool.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 8, 2017 11:09 AM
Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
darksidemlz said:

So god really exists

I think sota looked more mature in the op though, and fron what i seeit looked like he will also try participate in this big event by adding in a character to the spin off
Jul 8, 2017 11:12 AM

Jun 2017
I am starting to think that this show will have more seasons. It looks like it gained enough popularity to warrant it and they are focusing on world building this season because 8 eps doesn't seem to be enough for a proper closure. Maybe unless the plan gets rushed and the remaining eps will be full of action.

New OP and ED are alright. Looks like we got Mamika 2.0 as well.

I wonder what kind of character Souta will make.
Jul 8, 2017 11:15 AM
Feb 2017
New OP was great but the new ED was amazing. That was probably one of the most creative (if not the most creative) EDs I've ever seen and it was so cute. I was literally on the verge of tears while watching it.

The episode itself was good. Sota is still irrelevant as ever, but he came up with the idea to create a character in the end, hopefully this decision actually affects things. It was interesting to see everyone argue but then make up their creative differences in the end. That's what I love about this show, it shows the struggles of being a creator without being a generic slice of life comedy and actually makes it an action show instead. The new girl looks like she'll be an interesting character, I wonder what she's like (hopefully she's not just a generic replacement for Mamika and is actually a unique, completely separate character)
Jul 8, 2017 11:18 AM
Aug 2015
Tokoya said:
That moment when you realize that you spent 30 mins just watching the OP instead of the episode lol....Why is this so PERFECT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thnk so too. When i first listen to the song, i though it was going to be a new song, but when i when it reached the reff part, i was like "wait isn't it Al:Lu?" Damn sawano. Making a new arrangement to an already wpic song, you really are a genius!!
Jul 8, 2017 11:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The characters for me are a clear weak point in this anime. That said, i think i'm pretty clear on who the best character in the show is with only minimum screentime so far.

The creators group would be fucked if it wasn't for Suruga. She keeps a clear head in any circumstance, doesn't try to rush things and also helps the other creators. I also liked her design from the beginning.

Other than that...nothing much to say about this episode.
Jul 8, 2017 11:20 AM
Jan 2013
To the ones wondering where is Charion in the op , he should be the mecha that is riding selesia , maybe his power is that he can transform into a robot
Jul 8, 2017 11:24 AM
Jul 2017
Did alice still in altair side or not
Jul 8, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty sure that pink haired girl is like from a romcom but dam how is she suppose to go against Altair?
Jul 8, 2017 11:35 AM
Apr 2016
Altair's powers are unstable, she could have misfired when bringing that "romcom" girl. And remember - fantasy slice of life.
I have a feeling that Souta proposed including Shimazaki or someone based on her in the final battle with Altair, so that she can even face... well, herself when the time comes.
As to both opening sequences, they end in a desolated lands with allusions to Souta moving on with life, despite what happened (the desolation) and Altair (or what I believe is a wrathful part of Shimazaki (check the BRAVE THE OCEAN SONG)), as Altair "get in terms with "herself", finds inner peace amongst the very same desolated land.
Re:formed
Jul 8, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
Reminder: Altair has no control over who is summoned to the real world. Her presence causes characters to materialize, but she doesn't have control over who comes out of the gate.

If she had that control, then it would be different story, as she'd have summoned villians that would rampage and destroy the world.
Jul 8, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2016
I really liked the new OP & ED as most people have it seems.

Hopefully the new character won't be a convenient plot device to move the story forward, if it's Sota's character then maybe she's going to act as a substitute for Altair's creator maybe? probably not but still.

Altair is basically a meme in this show.

Jul 8, 2017 11:55 AM

May 2013
Terrible episode. It feels like a pretty good action anime is being replaced by a shitty series about anime industry. Shame.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.