Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2017 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
This last episode really ruined it.. I was hoping for a super overpowered Glenn that would beat the hell outta everything but nope nope. Underwelming fight, some good plottwist with Leos tho.

Pretty lame ending overall from a very enjoyable anime.
Another one that most likely won't get a follow up season to fill plotholes tho. (The necromancer lady at the end staring at that entrance and project revive life).

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2016
yeah I thought this was a decent anime through out not the worse Ive seen this season but on the other spectrum not amongst the best as well
Jun 20, 2017 10:27 AM
May 2016
Not bad, but not great either. But, the fight with 'final boss' somehow feels decent. Nothing surprises me, except when he said that Leos died. I'm glad for that tho.

Overall, this series is okay, i guess. If only this is a 2 cour anime, i'm sure it'll turn out better. For now, let's play the waiting game for the 2nd season. Is there enough source material to do that anyway?
Jun 20, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2009
Onepieceuc1 said:
Tell me, was the fight good or did glenn trashed him like the others? XD

It depends on what you mean by "good", but I feel it was pretty good. A final battle of the season could use some more awesome, though.

firmansyah_time said:
Great Anime , Hope for next season XD
Episode 12 Spoiler.

Your picture isn't working.

Hebi_op said:
I liked the show overall, but the final was mere predictable and standard, nothing great.
As for the story... i dunno, they call the show "Akashic Records" but it's barely mentioned like 3 times in all the anime. Saw the novel sellings are doing good so there's hope for an s2 i guess.

Due to meaning of the words "Akashic Records", the title would have worked even if they never mentioned them.

Hebi_op said:
Oh, Sistine looked really HOT in that dress.

Why do people like this dress? I like her normal looks 100 times better.

QuynhNhu said:
I hope for season two because I really want to know what Akashik Records are.

Wikipedia has an article on that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records
Well, in this show they might be something entirely different, but they are probably a lot like that.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Also the real bad guy appears and dies in the same episode? WTF? I mean it would be nice to have some background on him.

The bad guy does not die - he escapes this time.
Jun 20, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2017
I like how the story had nothing to do with the show's title, it was more like a prequel for the real story lol. Overall it was rather rushed but enjoyable. I see good chances for a second season since this was among the better shows this season.
Jun 20, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2014
Even though the final episode was very anti-climactic, its one of the only good things I can watch on a Tuesday. I'm a simple man, so I wish it gets a second season.
Jun 20, 2017 10:43 AM
Aug 2015
Not a great ending by all means, but it leaves more chances to get season 2. Overall, I liked the anime, the main character made it one of the better ones. God I love this guy.
Jun 20, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2015
ampd said:
yeah I thought this was a decent anime through out not the worse Ive seen this season but on the other spectrum not amongst the best as well

I agree, with all it's obvious problems and tropes it falls on, it doesn't do much different than other generic, 1-cour light novel adaptations. I'm guessing the ranking for the series will take a drop now that it's over, but I don't get why so many liked it.
Jun 20, 2017 10:56 AM

Oct 2016
This anime has much potential from episode 2-6, i give 9 but down to 8 until episode 10 and down to 7 in the last 2 episodes.

well. don't really hope for season 2, but i think i'll watch it if there's any.
xd
Jun 20, 2017 11:05 AM

Dec 2015
I'm so glad it didn't turn into a "Oh we can't kill them, they're innocent" situation and Glenn just butchered them one after another! But they had to ruin it in the second half...

An anime with great potential and an awesome MC which unfortunately used too many cliché situations during it's runtime and stopped being enjoyable, whether that was on purpose or due to laziness I don't know. 4/10 for me.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Ahegyao said:
Illyricus said:
Was an alright ending, too bad the series itself was average. The villain this time was a bit (just a bit) better than the previous ones... who is not saying much, but, hey! it could have been worse. At least it wasn't Leos after all.

I won't mind a second season if the studio decides to make one eventually. I hope for a Celica arc at least.

Is that the one where Glenn got genderswapped? Because I would throw money at them to make it happen.

They were setting themselves up for more material. The whole anime felt like Strike the Blood to me in its progression and atmosphere. Maybe it'll get a sequel via OVA's like that one too. Who knows? I'd be cool with it.
Genderswapped Glenn? What the fuck?

Maybe a second season doesn't sounds that bad now...
Jun 20, 2017 11:25 AM
Apr 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
Sistine looked pretty in her dress, but her hair looks awful. I laughed when I saw it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. But it eventually looked cute, once we get used to it. :P
Overall, I enjoyed the show so far, even though it really felt rushed in almost every aspect of it. I'd love seeing a second season, hopefully not as rushed as this one, though.
Jun 20, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
So let's break it down:
- Glenn still isn't know as a mass murderer/killing machine
- Sistine negates all the spells from one of the strongest military mages
- Celica is still not doing anything in this story except for wasting time
- Rumia is pretty much just an object, only worth something for her power, which she never uses and which is also really neglectable, but for some reason it's not
- The whole class magically shows up after every fight just ended

Oh right and Glenn decides not to kill the bad guy just because Sistine was tired.

I enjoyed this show and was hoping for a cliffhanger ending which wasn't rushed so this would be half decent.

Welp, it was fun for most of the episodes eventhough it was never a good show. it was entertaining
Jun 20, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
OK series, but the ending was meh.

Interesting MC, weak plot.

6/10

Jun 20, 2017 11:39 AM
Aug 2016
I actually enjoyed it despite the fact that whole show was really rushed. About 5 volumes adapted into 12 episodes,which is insane amount of material,so many things skipped due to time limitation,if only it has 24 episodes,goddammit Japan!

Recommend all to read LN from the beginning,fantranslation catching up right now or just wait until it get licensed,it worth it,especially arcs after this season starting to become more unique and interesting(Celica arc starts right after anime ends),so yeah,if they ever do season 2 I wish they include some skipped moments and stop rushing things so much,overall decent watch,7-8/10.
Jun 20, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
I hope this serie never get a s2
Generic trash
Jun 20, 2017 11:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well that was a somewhat underwhelming ending. It felt rushed as heck and filled with clichés. It's a shame because I had actually enjoyed this series at some points. The MC was pretty decent.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2017 11:52 AM
Jan 2017
The ending was kinda lame from previous episodes but my favorite parts of the episode is when Glenn eyes turn from killer eyes to puss in the boots eyes and Sistine wedding dress .
Jun 20, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2016
Well, The ending is only ok, man it felt so rushed. I really hate this 12 eps. only anime trend, so short and everything felt so rushed like hell. wish for s2 with 20 eps+.
Jun 20, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2009
PipeBoss said:
I can't call this an ending. It was very open and nothing was resolved. We need to wait for another season or read the novel

You named the reason for an open end like this yourself. Manga/LN get an anime adaption to push the sales of the original source. Thats why some popular anime don't get a second season.
Jun 20, 2017 12:06 PM

May 2010
i liked this show more in the very first 2-4 episodes when it was more of a comedy show. also villian was mad trash.
5/10
KerozinnJun 21, 2017 7:04 AM
Jun 20, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty good anime ending I guess (cliche) and Sistine best girl!!! Hated that wedding hair she had :/
Jun 20, 2017 12:33 PM
Oct 2015
Every magical high school, comedy ever. This show is bad and Glenn's character lost his novelty long ago. 4/10. If you like this type of shows be my guest but it is generic as hell. At least it did not have a harem. Bless LIDENFILMS they did something right about this generic meh of a show.
Jun 20, 2017 12:33 PM
Dec 2016
It was a really good episode and Sistine looks beautiful in her wedding outfit :3
Jun 20, 2017 12:40 PM

Oct 2015
I really enjoyed this show. The plot was pretty predictable, and the ending was nothing special, but I still enjoyed it dammit. Glenn was an awesome main character. I really wish there were more episodes centered around the school setting, I believe those were the best, but they also had "serious" arcs that tied in with the main story. Apparently this 12 episode anime was being adapted from a huge amount of material. Hopefully we get a second, and a third season so it feels less rushed.
Jun 20, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah the ending left a lot to be desired, though given it's only the first part of the LN series, it was pretty much expected.

Here's hoping they'll give us a second season to explain all the mysteries yet unrevealed.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 20, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2015
i wonder how this garbage could get 7.70... . it's a generic magic rom-com with a shitty protagonist and bad fights.

Jun 20, 2017 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
DevilJhoe said:
ss4chris said:
if anyone has read the light novels do you know if theres any romance between Sistine and Glenn?
i read a light novel synopsis. Do you want to know? It might contain a big spolier for a season 2 and i feel a bit regret

Ya sure that be nice. i dont mind being spoiled i end up watching enjoying it the same.

Jun 20, 2017 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
AvidAnimeViewer said:
ampd said:

I agree, with all it's obvious problems and tropes it falls on, it doesn't do much different than other generic, 1-cour light novel adaptations. I'm guessing the ranking for the series will take a drop now that it's over, but I don't get why so many liked it.

yeah I was surprised it had a 7.70 rating like deadman wonderland which I admit isnt as good as its manga but I still thought it was good and has a lower rating (but its prolly just my bias coming out lol)
Jun 20, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know how to feel about this series, I really liked the first two arcs but the other two felt so rushed, especially the last one and the ending wasn't satisfying at all.

Overall I enjoyed it but it had more potential.
SkyLETVNov 30, 2017 10:14 PM
Jun 20, 2017 1:47 PM
Nov 2014
I really liked this show but the ending was just so rushed! As someone earlier pointed out, this episode had to resolve a lot of plots in a very short amount of time. My biggest issues with this season are that outside of the fight with Jatice, there was next to no time spent going into Glenn's past. As dark as that story may be it's the contrast it offers that would've been nice to have here. Furthermore the way he saves Sistine was so pedestrian! I also wish we would've gotten more out of Celica as a character, I like the idea of a character with that much power existing as a measuring stick but she didn't do much of anything throughout the show! My worry with a 2nd season is that they'll just keep her in the dungeon and barely give that any time. Wanted to give this show a 7.5/10 in the start but I'd say its a 6.5/10 in the end.
Jun 20, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
With that, it's the last episode. Didn't like it that much was it was pretty predictable.

Sistine looked great with that outfit. If only was happy though. When Glenn crashed the wedding, I wanted him to say "she's mine".

Leos is dead was manipulated by the antagonist. (Can't remember if they mentioned his name) That scum had it coming anyways though.

Damn, Glenn crucified antagonist with a single punch. How did he do that.

We've been surprisingly blessed with two end cards in this episode.

Overall, 7/10. Enjoyed the first half and it had a good start. The last arc was rushed. The only downside was the fact the Rumia was always being captured and needed to be saved. It was quite repetitive. Glenn, in my opinion, is best protagonist in this season. Loved everything about this guy. Also, those uniforms.

Jun 20, 2017 2:28 PM
Feb 2017
Eeeeeeeeh, dont know how i feel about this. The seeing Shironeko as Sera is.... heh? Like, i dont like it when someone likes somebody because they remember them of a past love or that kind of deal. Kind of a underwhelming ending.
Jun 20, 2017 2:48 PM
Nov 2016
Sistine so op she needs more mana capacity
Jun 20, 2017 2:54 PM

Aug 2015
Gave this a 1 out of 5. The ending was really rushed and imo crap. Watch the whole thing and it was good but they ruined it at the ending, not really uncommon though. 6/10 anime
Jun 20, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
That was about as good as every other typical tried and true LN adaptation. What I expected from this series was completely different from what I got and I'm amazed I stuck with it. Pretty sure the MC carried the whole thing surprisingly. The finale was just about as meh as I felt it was gonna be. At least the OST made it somewhat bearable. What was a about a 7/10 series wound up being a 5 for me.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 20, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Incredibly dull and predictable. Overall, show was a solid 3/10.
Jun 20, 2017 3:33 PM
Oct 2013
Final episode was kinda disappointing. Giving it 7/10 because of Sisti otherwise it's 5/10.
Jun 20, 2017 3:37 PM
Jun 2016
I really enjoyed this show but the end seemed a little underwhelming. The battle sequence was great and I wish they had maybe ended it there after everyone runs up. The rest just seemed pointless.
Jun 20, 2017 4:43 PM
Aug 2011
Shitty ending. It was even good when teacher was fighting Hei-style with short swords, needles and such, but then waifu came, yadayada, be good guy, and all ended with stupid punch of justice like in every fucking anime in that genre. Not to mention, that because his waifu felt a little weak, he let escape the guy that changed half of town into zombie drug addicts, and is known from doing that in the past too. (slow clapping).

BTW Celica best grill.
Jun 20, 2017 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
i have to say that I didn't expect much from this anime but 1st episodes managed to hype me up, sadly at somepoint i felt like it went downhill and didn't enjoy the last episodes as much I had wanted.

Jun 20, 2017 4:50 PM

Jun 2007
Wow, I'm so glad this is over. The whole show was garbage, but this last episode was the garbagest of them all.

So so so soooo many plot holes. The writing was done by some 11 year old on crack, with a couple of extra chromosomes, I'm sure.

I just wish I could scrub my mind of it somehow right now, but I'll probably forget about this in a couple of weeks.
Jun 20, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2010
Rushed and anti-climatic.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 20, 2017 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
Sistine does look great in that dress.

How did I know that Glenn would enter just before the kiss, he just loves a grand entrance.

Glenn & Sistine are a perfect team.

Awesome anime, I really hope it gets another season.
Jun 20, 2017 5:02 PM
Jul 2016
so did the justice guy remind anyone of Zamasu
Jun 20, 2017 5:04 PM
Feb 2016
The ep12 is very good.It corresponded to the ep1 that Glenn has some people to protect so that is why he has endless power to face the difficulties. We also saw the mantal growth of Sistine,she became stronger and stronger. And for me,Sara's final smile was wonderful!! She will always be Glenn's lighthouse.
Jun 20, 2017 5:07 PM
Feb 2016
HelpMeFindAnime said:
Eeeeeeeeh, dont know how i feel about this. The seeing Shironeko as Sera is.... heh? Like, i dont like it when someone likes somebody because they remember them of a past love or that kind of deal. Kind of a underwhelming ending.

It's not a normal harem anime as it looks.
Jun 20, 2017 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
I wish the show didn't decide to cram 5 volumes worth of content into 12 episodes. The show had its moments, but it was bogged down by a number of problems.
Jun 20, 2017 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
Season 2 Please omg 😭
Jun 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
Predictable and boring last episode sadly. Felt all over the place. Adding a new villain and motives in the last episode was a pretty crappy idea because I honestly have no idea what happened.

Glenn's wedding crash was extremely cliche and Shrek did a better job of it. And the villian was like "She is depleted of mana? I have a chance to strike now! Eh fuck it Ill catch you later."

Anyway this anime went extremely downhill after episode 6 or so. A lot of wasted potential, I wish they went somewhere else with the story or at least explained it better. Guess ill stick a 6/10 and move on.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.