Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2017 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sigh, a wedding planning between Leos and Sistine that began...
I just don't like that guy at all.

I have to admit though, Sistine looks good in her wedding outfit

Still, I'd say this episode's wedding was pretty uneventful. Ofc, Glenn would get involved because he does a lot of saving...and it was pretty predictable tbh. I can't really find the antagonists memorable at all in this episode or show altogether. The battle itself also felt pretty underwhelming and story is very open ended sigh.... (well, the LN continues from here).
Stark700Jun 20, 2017 4:57 AM
Jun 20, 2017 5:01 AM
Aug 2014
Tell me, was the fight good or did glenn trashed him like the others? XD
Jun 20, 2017 5:31 AM
May 2016
i remember saying that it will be a wedding in final episode sigh, im waiting for the sub and hope Leos gets his teeth kicked in
Jun 20, 2017 5:32 AM
Jul 2016
(i havent seen episode yet) they just cant end all plot lines with 1 episode, there is:
-this "master" of divine wisdow, whos "story we all tell"
-leos
-the guy behinde leos who, im preaty sure just uses him for something
-this drug (forgot how its called)
-the fact that divine wisdom has now re-l project, and what do they want to do with it
-what will rumias power be used for actualy (so far it was randomly used on spot)
-this whole labirynt under school to which celica went
-magical flying castel

and these are only ones i could think of on spot, i realy hope for the 2nd season coz, while its not the great anime its realy enjoyble, i guess we need to see how ln sales will go

after watching: as i expacted, very open ending to encaurage buying ln, still realy enjoyable series
remiskaJun 20, 2017 7:08 AM
Jun 20, 2017 6:05 AM
Apr 2017
Great Anime , Hope for next season XD
Episode 12 Spoiler.
Jun 20, 2017 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
Terrible ending really. the first two arcs where good the second was ok the last one was simply terrible it looked like a copy of a fairy tail where the heroin needed saving.
The main villain was a copy paste character, the arc lacked originality it was just the classic : the heroin needs saving" story which is a shame seeing how the anime started.
Jun 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Meh ending, those last episodes were pretty underwhelming. I was going to give a 7/10 up until episode 8, but I ended up gaving it a 6/10. The ending leaves a big room for a second season.
Jun 20, 2017 7:03 AM
May 2016
ok Blond Guy is dead i like that

White Cat is save i like that

and we Saw Saras Face love it

maybe a season 2 i hope for it

overall this anime was good still open endet but ok Glenn is Happy and the Girls too that all that matters for me now
Jun 20, 2017 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
this was surprisingly very good , i hope it gets a second season , 8/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 20, 2017 7:12 AM
Apr 2017
I can't shake the feeling of a 2nd Season coming our way..cuz u know the ending wasn't satisfying and things.but I recommend this anime to everyone
Jun 20, 2017 7:15 AM
Jul 2016
KeiichiroSeiichi said:
I can't shake the feeling of a 2nd Season coming our way..cuz u know the ending wasn't satisfying and things.but I recommend this anime to everyone

if you want 2nd season, buy ln ;)
Jun 20, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
uff i wanted it to end with a flash to the future of sistine marrying glenn lol but k i guess there's more crappy plot to discover.
6/10.
Jun 20, 2017 7:22 AM
Aug 2016
I liked the show overall, but the final was mere predictable and standard, nothing great.
As for the story... i dunno, they call the show "Akashic Records" but it's barely mentioned like 3 times in all the anime. Saw the novel sellings are doing good so there's hope for an s2 i guess.

Oh, Sistine looked really HOT in that dress.
Jun 20, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
Solid finale. This anime was better than I expected overall.

Learning the truth about Leos was a wtf moment for me.

As badass as Magic Corp Glenn was this is best Glenn.
Jun 20, 2017 7:25 AM
Jul 2016
Not really great ending and it was so fast.

I hope for season two because I really want to know what Akashik Records are.

Jun 20, 2017 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ehhhmm... I have a mixed feeling with the ending. At one hand the finale wasn't bad at all, I don't think the ending itself is terrible or the finale itself, however... I think at the same time it felt a bit off for me? I think the best way to put it is either a "underwhelming" ending or a "disappointing" ending. But I don't know which ones to select.

I think the main issue that got me ticked off with the episode was the villain itself and the villain is quite lackluster... compared to the others that were quite alright considering the type of setting and synopsis the series is. I've seen worse out there no doubt about it overall, but... I think this is by far the most underwhelming one.

So with this arc or well the way it was going through I think it's the weakest one, I'll give it around a 6/10 for this one while the other parts were like 7/10 for me. It's not really horrible so.

Overall, the show isn't amazing but I think it was fun from start to finish, I just feel rather complicated with this since I really liked it. I REALLY DID. Just I don't know. Taking my enjoyment aside I think a 6-7/10 would be more precise for it.

The characters are good, comedy is good, the art is quite okay but it works in its favor (though it went dip down in production from what I've seen), music was actually fitting and nice to listen to (the OP is lit though), the enjoyment was satisfaction until this point though. I felt quite empty with it. Hopefully it can get a S2 if not, then I'll try to go and read the Light Novels if they're available even.

I think my rating will still stay the same but It's still between a 7-8/10.
Jun 20, 2017 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
Decent finale I suppose.

Turns out Leos was being manipulated, drugged and eventually killed. Sadly I still don't really feel anything for him. You were right @nightcrawlercyp :)

New bad guy makes an appearance out of nowhere just to instigate Glenn into a fight, Sistine is scared by the brutality of things happening around her but eventually helps Glenn defeat the new antagonist guy. Fairly classic ending to the arc.

Overall, I guess in my eyes this turned out as just another magic school series, which is a shame really considering the first few episodes were really promising. Glen is definitely one of the best protagonists I've seen from these magic school shows, In fact I'd say he's miles above most other protagonists from this genre and he pretty much carried the entire show for me. I feel the show is at it's best when it's showcasing Glenn's random antics, trolling and all the class events. They were really fun to watch and Glen certainly delivers on the comedy aspect. Unfortunately, these parts are bogged down entirely by the show's so called serious arcs which felt very mediocre both in terms of story and execution. I suppose it was entertaining enough as we could at least see Glenn's abilities. The characters are likable but no one really stands out apart from Glen and like I said, it's kinda sad how his great character is brought down by the show's plot. Finally major points for the school uniforms, they were easily the best part of the show. XD

6/10, wouldn't mind an S2 though.
Lelouch0202Jun 20, 2017 7:32 AM
Jun 20, 2017 7:31 AM

May 2016
Season 2 or we RIOT
Jun 20, 2017 7:33 AM
Apr 2017
Hoping for season 2 XD
Best Anime of this season for me
Jun 20, 2017 7:37 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I can't call this an ending. It was very open and nothing was resolved. We need to wait for another season or read the novel

Jun 20, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
Decent final. I didn't even plan to watch this in the beginning and it turned out to be one of my favourites of the season. The ending was kinda open, so I hope there will be a second season.
Jun 20, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2014
Definitely felt rushed, but I had good fun nonetheless.
Was fun to look forward to every week but I don't think I will miss it.
Jun 20, 2017 7:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Episode 2 was by far the best episode. Nothing could come close after that unfortunately so it doesn't really stand out after all from other battle harem magic school shows.

Glenn carried the show so hard.
Jun 20, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2015
Hmm... nothing special for the ending i guess , but a season 2 would be welcome cause there still a lot of unexplained things
Jun 20, 2017 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
AnyBoooooooody said:
Definitely felt rushed, but I had good fun nonetheless.
Was fun to look forward to every week but I don't think I will miss it.
Yup, same here. Really hope there might be some more "twist" or bloodshed looking at how Ms. White Cat looking at Glen doing the slice all along. At east she finally confess to Glenn right at the perfect moment since Glenn need some "support" to back at his feet.
If only Rumia give the "permission" to Re=L to cut fake Leos. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 20, 2017 8:10 AM

Jun 2015
Sistine looked pretty in her dress, but her hair looks awful. I laughed when I saw it. Leos was manipulated for a while, given a drug, and then died. The villain was terrible. Figured Sistine would help Glenn. She was terrified of the things she was seeing. The fight was okay. Pretty much an uneventful episode and the series as a whole.
Jun 20, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Decent finale I suppose.

Turns out Leos was being manipulated, drugged and eventually killed. Sadly I still don't really feel anything for him. You were right @nightcrawlercyp :)

New bad guy makes an appearance out of nowhere just to instigate Glenn into a fight, Sistine is scared by the brutality of things happening around her but eventually helps Glenn defeat the new antagonist guy. Fairly classic ending to the arc.

Overall, I guess in my eyes this turned out as just another magic school series, which is a shame really considering the first few episodes were really promising. Glen is definitely one of the best protagonists I've seen from these magic school shows, In fact I'd say he's miles above most other protagonists from this genre and he pretty much carried the entire show for me. I feel the show is at it's best when it's showcasing Glenn's random antics, trolling and all the class events. They were really fun to watch and Glen certainly delivers on the comedy aspect. Unfortunately, these parts are bogged down entirely by the show's so called serious arcs which felt very mediocre both in terms of story and execution. I suppose it was entertaining enough as we could at least see Glenn's abilities. The characters are likable but no one really stands out apart from Glen and like I said, it's kinda sad how his great character is brought down by the show's plot. Finally major points for the school uniforms, they were easily the best part of the show. XD

I will see it tonight when I get back from work. It would have been nice if Leos survived. it seems lazy writing to me. Also the real bad guy appears and dies in the same episode? WTF? I mean it would be nice to have some background on him. But I think they do not expect a S2. And anyway the manga is ongoing so they had to make a fake ending. Do you think it would have been better for the Inuyasha approach? Just pause episodes without a proper end and then continue it several years later? Some hated this so most anime makers take the safe path.
Jun 20, 2017 8:14 AM

Nov 2015
Well, nothing unexpected. But I enjoyed watching this episode and the show in general. I liked the the famous "I object" scene, Sistine looked cute in her wedding dress.
The story certainly doesn't end here. We don't know anything about the "Akashic Records", it's an important element, it's present even in the title. That's why, it felt that those 12 episodes are just an introduction to the actual story. I hope a second season would arrive soon (it's unlikely, though).
Jun 20, 2017 8:21 AM
May 2016
Onepieceuc1 said:
Tell me, was the fight good or did glenn trashed him like the others? XD

Glenn didn't trash him... but IMO the fight wasn't really good either
Jun 20, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Expected progression of events is expected but the moment Glenn stopped the wedding still made me happy.

The series felt rushed, maybe cause I read the manga as well but still enjoyable.

S2 pls, I want more Sistine and Glenn.
Jun 20, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2017
Jatice trying to be a bootleg Light Yagami. lol Apart from him the finale was nice and they left things open enough for a season 2. I had a nice time watching this anime this season.
Jun 20, 2017 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
Started off well, ended dissapointingly

Jun 20, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
So that bastard killed Sara .. :( Great episode, Glenn and Sistine working together to beat that f*****g bastard..
But what are the Akashic Records? Why is up in the sky?? What is in the underground ??? Who the f**k is that maid???
I demand for a second season !!! NOW
Anyway this anime was great.. One of my fav from this season 9/10

Jun 20, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2014
The events of this episode felt pretty predictable. It was obvious that Glenn would crash the wedding before the kiss could happen, Leos would get shafted and Glenn would face off against the glasses dude, and Sistine would help him out. And what do you know, all of those things happened.

Personally, I thought the show started out pretty good but then it just became repetitive: Rumia gets captured and they have to rescue her from some generic villain. This last arc sort of changed things up by having Sistine be the damsel in distress this time around, but everything else still felt really formulaic, which really sucks because like I said, this show seemed pretty decent when it started. Oh well, I'd say a 4-5/10 for this one.

Also, it looks like they're leaving the possibility of a second season on the table, but that probably won't happen.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 20, 2017 8:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The memory of Leos-sama got redeemed..What happened to him and all those innocents is fucked up though, RIP

Moving on though, I think what I loved the most about this series is how it wasn't afraid to get really dark and how well it blended with the more light-hearted tone of the school stuff and I feel like Glen in this episode was a perfect culmination of that

This Jastice guy deserves to die though, and I really hope that Glen kills him one day after finding out about all of this stuff he did, and I also REALLY hope that we can see this savage side of Glen again too (Makes me wish for a prequel detailing Glen's time in the military)

Overall this was one of my favorite shows from this season and now I really want a second season in the future....The finale was predictable but what made it good for me (And the series in general) were the character moments wrapped up in this overarching plot of corruption in a sense terroism and so I would really like to see the continuation of the story

8/10
TokoyaJun 20, 2017 8:50 AM
Jun 20, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2009
The fight was, uh... well, let's just say that I'd rather watch Rumia get captured yet again.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 20, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2016
The show had a lot of potential but now it's just meh. The sequence of events of this episode was predictable and somewhat disappointing. The finale was ok in my opinion. In my opinion, it felt rushed and while I did look forward to it each week, I don't think I'll miss it (I believe someone said this before in this thread.)
Jun 20, 2017 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Decent finale I suppose.

I will see it tonight when I get back from work. It would have been nice if Leos survived. it seems lazy writing to me. Also the real bad guy appears and dies in the same episode? WTF? I mean it would be nice to have some background on him. But I think they do not expect a S2. And anyway the manga is ongoing so they had to make a fake ending. Do you think it would have been better for the Inuyasha approach? Just pause episodes without a proper end and then continue it several years later? Some hated this so most anime makers take the safe path.

It's a fairly open ending, the possibility of it getting a new season exists depending on the LN sales and popularity I guess. The bad guy isn't exactly dead but he's just defeated as he appears. As for the comparison, isn't this similar? They ended the arc and left a lot of plot elements open just like Inuyasha's first season did. Anyway, you should probably watch it before replying.
Jun 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
3/5- We got a glimpse of how Glenn was before becoming a teacher and I thought that part was awesome. No fucks were given when he slaughtered all those people. Sistine also going from damsel in distress to fighting alongside Glenn was good too.

I thought this episode was fine and the action was great. I do have to say this legitimately felt more of a set-up episode for the 2nd season rather than a 1st Cour finale. More questions about the series were piling up during that battle and personally I don't enjoy that style very much. That's just me though.

7/10 for me. I wasn't bored with this show at all and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had low expectations coming into this. I was thinking this series might be one to drop due to the name alone. The action scenes were pretty good and Glenn is character I can get behind.

My real complaints is just how fast they blew through all the arcs. Each arc was 3 episodes long and it felt like it ended as soon as it started. I'm an anime only viewer with this series so I'm not sure how much content was either adapted or skipped but it felt like they jammed 6 volumes into 1 season. Due to how fast pace it was, it lacked a lot of character development with Sistine and Glenn being the most developed. Because of this I just felt a disconnection to the rest of the cast.

Also, I'm not bothered by the uniforms anymore. I've gotten use to it and don't notice it anymore. I still think it's a stupid design but if the purpose is to have their character designs be recognizable, it worked but in an odd way.
TehSnawnJun 20, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 20, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
This is literally the first 'magic academy' series which I really enjoyed (even if last episode was predictable).
Also, art, animation and character design was great. Direction too.
I would like to see 2nd season. 8/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Was an alright ending, too bad the series itself was average. The villain this time was a bit (just a bit) better than the previous ones... who is not saying much, but, hey! it could have been worse. At least it wasn't Leos after all.

I won't mind a second season if the studio decides to make one eventually. I hope for a Celica arc at least.
Jun 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
if anyone has read the light novels do you know if theres any romance between Sistine and Glenn?
Jun 20, 2017 9:59 AM
Aug 2014
ss4chris said:
if anyone has read the light novels do you know if theres any romance between Sistine and Glenn?
i read a light novel synopsis. Do you want to know? It might contain a big spolier for a season 2 and i feel a bit regret
Jun 20, 2017 10:02 AM

Jun 2011
Illyricus said:
Was an alright ending, too bad the series itself was average. The villain this time was a bit (just a bit) better than the previous ones... who is not saying much, but, hey! it could have been worse. At least it wasn't Leos after all.

I won't mind a second season if the studio decides to make one eventually. I hope for a Celica arc at least.

Is that the one where Glenn got genderswapped? Because I would throw money at them to make it happen.

They were setting themselves up for more material. The whole anime felt like Strike the Blood to me in its progression and atmosphere. Maybe it'll get a sequel via OVA's like that one too. Who knows? I'd be cool with it.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jun 20, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2013
Glenn crashing the wedding and sistine is scared of glenn who goes angry mode :O
Leos was just a tool used by the former imperial executor jastice who is obsessed with justice and taking down the empire.
He's defeated by the help of sistine but he gets away :(

8/10, ending with glenn fitting in his teaching role and sets up some new plot.
Jun 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
Want something like DXD ending but.... ok i guess? can't you shut up Sistine for a bit

I hope Sistine got hurt when she look at Glenn for some speech but nope or Glenn can it at least give more damage before you run to Sistine?
Into the Internet!
Jun 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
this show has its moments. the finale was kinda underwhelming. i wouldn't mind a s2??? kinda hinting towards one but we will see

overall like a 6-7/10
Jun 20, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2009
I would have rated this show 8 if the MC wasn't such a pervert, especially in the beginning. As it is, 7.
I do not regret watching this one, but it isn't going into the hall of fame.

Stark700 said:
Still, I'd say this episode's wedding was pretty uneventful. Ofc, Glenn would get involved because he does a lot of saving...and it was pretty predictable tbh. I can't really find the antagonists memorable at all in this episode or show altogether. The battle itself also felt pretty underwhelming and story is very open ended sigh.... (well, the LN continues from here).

For an awesome ending, this episode lacked the entire class coming to the rescue and kicking zombie ass.
Or maybe that speech on justice actually making some twisted kind of sense.
Jun 20, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2016
Rokuaka started off really great with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, these last two arcs felt way too rushed to be enjoyable and the ending was pretty bland. 7/10 at the most
Jun 20, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2012
As many above have mentioned the ending was a bit lackluster. It wasn't able to match the humor and some of the cool battles from earlier episodes. It also didn't feel too much like a finale. Luckily, because overall I like the series, they left the door wide open for a second season.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

335 by ggultra2764 »»
Mar 20, 8:31 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.