Forum Settings
Forums

Has there ever been an anime that some of your freinds hates that you actually like

New
Apr 9, 2017 6:17 AM
Nov 2016
IMO i think cory in the house is a fantastic anime ......

stupidguyApr 9, 2017 7:48 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2017 6:19 AM

Feb 2013
despite popular belief, there is no anime that everyone hates

now that you edited, i'll also say that my friends don't hate anime
and their watched anime don't overlap that much
romagiaApr 9, 2017 6:32 AM
Apr 9, 2017 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
i am prodly put shitcom in my favorite...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 9, 2017 6:26 AM

Sep 2015
if we go based on the score it has gotten on MAL then I'd probably have to say either Long Riders! or OreImo s2 specials - both of them are rated fairly low but I absolutely loved both of em

Salokannel2Apr 9, 2017 6:33 AM
Apr 9, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2015
Steins; Gate, people say that is an otaku pandering anime with dumb characters and pretentious plot but Okabe's self-proclaimed mad scientist is so brilliant and his english is so cuul. "Sonuvabitch" is one of the best characterizations ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2017 6:29 AM
Nov 2016
zal said:
Steins; Gate, people say that is an otaku pandering anime with dumb characters and pretentious plot but Okabe's self-proclaimed mad scientist is so brilliant and his english is so cuul. "Sonuvabitch" is one of the best characterizations ever.
I love steins gate its one of my favorite animes
Apr 9, 2017 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
Yes, there's this magical anime called "Gintama" .
Apr 9, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2017
At this point SAO is simply the placeholder for the community's contentions with the anime industry, from generic characters, self-insert MCs, asspulls, plot-holes, inconsistency, light novel trends etc.

It's just easier to hate a product than to admit the production line is problematic.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 9, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2015
YOSUGA NO SORA
SCHOOL DAYS
and much more
Apr 9, 2017 6:31 AM

Aug 2015
Kuma said:
i am prodly put shitcom in my favorite...
absolute masterpiece

I agree with sword art online. It wasn't that bad, it definatly doesnt deserve the hate it gets.
Apr 9, 2017 6:31 AM
Nov 2016
romagia said:
despite popular belief, there is no anime that everyone hates

now that you edited, i'll also say that my friends don't hate anime
and their watched anime don't overlap that much
yes i did sir huhuhuhuhuhuhu tee-hee. but seriously my real life friends are like demon elitist when it comes to anime
Apr 9, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2016
I recommended Your Lie in April and Golden Time to some friends. Most of them didn't even finish the first episode and called it shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2017 6:44 AM
Nov 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
I recommended Your Lie in April and Golden Time to some friends. Most of them didn't even finish the first episode and called it shit.
OMFG I LOVE GOLDEN TIME SO MUCH YOU ARE SUCH A LEGEND !
Apr 9, 2017 6:45 AM

Apr 2015
zal said:
Eh? it's one of the common anime stereotypes. It's called as chuunibyou

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Chuunibyou
Apr 9, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2013
Onara Gorou.

Apr 9, 2017 6:50 AM

Feb 2015
i liked ChäoS;HEAd, no one likes it
Apr 9, 2017 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
sakamoto-kun said:

it irritates me so much when people don't even give something a chance before saying its bad. those shows are awesome
Apr 9, 2017 6:54 AM
Jan 2017
No because my friend does not have shit taste and likes 3/4 of SAO.
Apr 9, 2017 6:56 AM

May 2015
You said:
zal said:

I don't really care, people give too much importance to tropes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
zal said:
You said:

I don't really care, people give too much importance to tropes.
Lol? That's the easiest way to describe personalities you know.
Apr 9, 2017 7:05 AM

Nov 2016
Lord_Lamington said:
sakamoto-kun said:

it irritates me so much when people don't even give something a chance before saying its bad. those shows are awesome

Obviously they weren't their cup of tea which I can relate with. When I started anime I wasn't a fan of these kind of shows either until I gave them a try.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2017 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
Most of my friends hate the last 3 episodes of Oreimo if I'm not mistaken but I have one friend who also loves those 3 episodes
shout to my bud @NoobAsian
Apr 9, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
Most of my friends hate High School of the Dead and understandably so but I found it to be entertaining. Just dumb fun popcorn material though, nothing more.
Take care of yourself

Apr 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
InceptionLoop said:
Deknijff said:
Most of my friends hate the last 3 episodes of Oreimo if I'm not mistaken but I have one friend who also loves those 3 episodes
Those episodes were great aside from the last 2 minutes of the last episode.
nah those last two minutes were great
Apr 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
Any of my friends watch anime except one (who is basically a casual), and he basically likes all the animes I like, so...
Apr 9, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
it is usually the other around with me
but i can only think of hellsing ultimate as an example since i really like it and all of my friends somehow managed to be really inderent to the show
nge is also a good example of an anime i really love and most of my friends deslike but in that case i also have other friends that like it too
Apr 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
Going to confess my guilty pleasure is diabolik lovers.. <.< >.>
And I know 90% percent of people hate it, including my friends... sorry but not sorry friends :P
Apr 9, 2017 12:10 PM

Jan 2016
Glasslip, seriously. xD
Anyway, it often happens to me. Just anything that looks ugly visually or boring but I found it has quite the substance.
Things like Kino no Tabi.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
Apr 9, 2017 12:21 PM

Feb 2016
random_Z said:
Going to confess my guilty pleasure is diabolik lovers.. <.< >.>
And I know 90% percent of people hate it, including my friends... sorry but not sorry friends :P

Haha I was going to say the same, I really love reverse harem such as Diabolik Lovers but all my anime-watching friends seem to hate it :3
Apr 9, 2017 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
I must be surrounded by positive people in real life, because I don't hear much complaining about anime. To be fair, we all lead somewhat busy lives so we only watch stuff that's more highly recommended I guess. I'm generally the one that complains about anime now, after having had a 4 month in-between period where I did nothing but watch anime. To be fair, I can see what they are targeting most of the time, so I can adjust my expectations accordingly.

But I found Akiba's Trip strangely appealing (no not because of the panties) despite it's lower score on MAL than I would have expected. I think it was way more enjoyable than Gabriel DropOut, even with cheesy everything about it.

Witch_ery said:
Glasslip, seriously. xD
Anyway, it often happens to me. Just anything that looks ugly visually or boring but I found it has quite the substance.
Things like Kino no Tabi.

I went into Kino no Tabi with no expectations and now it's one of my most favorite shows ever. Depending on the person, I can definitely see why it's harder to watch. Some people demand more action out of their anime; I was like that at one point too, haha.
Apr 9, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
I don't think I loved an anime everyone hated, but I do have several anime that I hated that all my friends seem to love
Apr 9, 2017 6:46 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Yes, it's Monogatari. All of my friends IRL hate it but they will never understand why it's my favorite or why it's the best anime series ever.
Apr 9, 2017 7:14 PM

Oct 2010
It's the opposite way around for me. Just about everyone I know IRL who is aware of anime likes Tokyo Ghoul. I don't like Tokyo Ghoul.
Apr 9, 2017 7:18 PM
Nov 2016
Sword art online is what 90 percent of you want to say but don't have the balls too 😂
Apr 9, 2017 7:25 PM
Nov 2016
AntwanMantilla said:
Yes, it's Monogatari. All of my friends IRL hate it but they will never understand why it's my favorite or why it's the best anime series ever.
I love the monogatari series. owarimonogatari is my favorite
Apr 9, 2017 7:29 PM

Nov 2015
Mirai Nikki all of my freind hate it.
Apr 9, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2009
From this season alone: Kemono Friends, but many of my friends are already warming up to it
Apr 9, 2017 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
sakamoto-kun said:

Well to be fair they are shitty melodramas.
:)
Apr 9, 2017 7:37 PM

Aug 2016
Sao, not "everyone" hated it, it's just that a lot of people doesn't really like it that much. And I don't know why! LOL! Yeah, the story is pretty rush and the harem was ridiculous, but i wouldn't put it off as a complete trash though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 9, 2017 8:26 PM

Apr 2015
Amongst my 'real life' friends, I like Mechas, they don't. So anything that falls into the 'mecha' category fits this criteria.

Going by MAL's rankings compared to mine, Cossette no Shouzou. I found it to be wonderfully designed and executed, but it seems like most of MAL doesn't have the patience for trying to understand a three-episode OVA considering it's steadily falling score.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Apr 9, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2015
No but I've had the reverse happen my best friend likes steins;gate and I hate it.
Apr 9, 2017 8:36 PM

Jun 2012
haha friends.... haha
for sure, dude
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 9, 2017 8:38 PM
Nov 2016
lets sa
Holybaptiser said:
haha friends.... haha
for sure, dude
lets say maybe "ex freinds" haha
Apr 9, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2017
this thread exist i think
OT anything really
Apr 9, 2017 8:41 PM

Jun 2012
myotpisnotcannon said:
Holybaptiser said:
haha friends.... haha
for sure, dude
haha ""ex friends"".... haha
for sure, dude

Apr 9, 2017 8:43 PM
Nov 2016
Holybaptiser said:
myotpisnotcannon said:
for sure, dude
haha maybe "acquaintances" ....haha...ha
Apr 9, 2017 8:44 PM

Jun 2012
myotpisnotcannon said:
Holybaptiser said:
for sure, dude
haha maybe "acquaintances" ....haha...ha
>implying that I ever leave the dungeon

Apr 10, 2017 12:33 AM

Nov 2009
> Has there ever been an anime that some of your freinds hates that you actually like

Yes, anybody who has some experience with the medium and people to discuss it with will encounter a situation like that.

Also, SAO is pretty good, it's the newbies that hate it.

le_halfhand_easy said:
At this point SAO is simply the placeholder for the community's contentions with the anime industry, from generic characters, self-insert MCs, asspulls, plot-holes, inconsistency, light novel trends etc.

Relatable or recognizable characters; good pacing; does a reasonably good job taking into account differences of the mediums. In short, SAO is well-written and enjoyable.
Apr 10, 2017 8:07 AM

Mar 2017
flannan said:

Also, SAO is pretty good, it's the newbies that hate it.

Relatable or recognizable characters; good pacing; does a reasonably good job taking into account differences of the mediums. In short, SAO is well-written and enjoyable.

Please be troll. SAO's been done to death already and I don't want to be that asshat who regurgitates the old arguments.

Mediocre =/= good. The only good arc, Mother's Rosario, is not enough to save SAO.

It's not the newbies that vocally hate SAO. Or at least not more than veterans who were let down by the disappointing mess it became.

SAO can be enjoyable. I don't have a problem with that statement and I'll assume it's sans the ALO arc because I'll go ballistic.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 10, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2014
I had a group of friends ripping on Wandering Son, saying it was just stupid gender politics, but I found the show to be one of my favorites, handling the topic fairly well.

Then again, I don't know if they actually watched it or just judged it based off the synopsis and cover art...

InceptionLoop said:
Deknijff said:

Those episodes were great aside from the last 2 minutes of the last episode.
Also, I agree with this stance on OreImo S2. One of the funny things about OreImo is that there are so many different reasons that people hate the ending. The people who actually love the ending are an enigma to me though, I can never understand how no matter how hard I look at it.
CureEtudeApr 10, 2017 8:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

12 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

67 by AzafuseKingTora »»
17 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

41 by Maou_heika »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.